The Topic of Discussion was Me

Story Info
A wife chooses lust over love and loses everything.
6k words
4.11
87.1k
76
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I Overheard and Found that I was the Topic of Discussion

My name is Peter Cranston. I'm 36 and have been married to my wife Joy for the past 12 years. We have a girl and boy Bethany 6 and John 8. I'm a construction foreman for Benson Builders and I oversee the carpenters and I am a master carpenter by trade. Joy works part time as a receptionist for a local urgent care clinic. She works from 9-2 weekdays so she can be home by the time John and Bethany get home from school.

It was Saturday afternoon and I had been working on our washer in the basement. I took it apart and realized I needed a part. So, I picked up the phone to call the local appliance center to see if they had the part in stock. When I picked up the phone, I heard Joy talking with Celeste. Celeste was a woman she worked with at the urgent care.

From what Joy shared, Celeste was recently divorced. She had been trying to get Joy to join her at their girl's night that they had every Friday. Joy had politely declined several times. Friday night was our family night where we all sat down to dinner, made plans for the weekend, and reconnected with each other. We had both agreed that family time was important and should not be encroached upon. I had always turned down invitations for poker, ball games, and other things if they fell on Fridays.

I intended on cutting in but I heard Celeste talking and I decided to listen because she was working hard to get Joy to come out next Friday and was curious as to what she offered to entice Joy and what the itinerary was for those girl's nights. What she said was shocking.

As I listened in Celeste said, "Come on Joy! You deserve some fun and a break from that dull and boring routine you call a life. Besides from what you told me about ole Pete, you could use a bit of excitement to spruce things up. Why settle for a "little" Peter when there is all of big fat cock out there for the asking."

What surprised me wasn't so much what Celeste said but rather how Joy responded. I heard my loving wife as she giggled into the phone and replied, "Celeste, I told you that in confidence. He's my husband and I do love him even if he doesn't quite live up to his given name. You make it sound like so much fun just dancing and letting your hair down on Fridays. I've decided to join you this coming Friday, just this once to see it for myself, but only once."

Celeste added, "Honey, you'll have so much fun that once you 'come' with us, you'll never want to stop 'coming'!"

They both giggled and hung up. I thought to myself why would Joy make me the topic of discussion? The insinuation that I was somehow lacking really hurt. Did she really find me too small? Did I satisfy her at all? Most importantly, why did she capitulate and agree to go out with Celeste on Friday without even discussing it.

I remembered why I had the phone in my hand so I called the appliance store and they had my part. I told Joy where I was going and I headed out and got the part. I returned home and finished my repair and headed for the shower to clean up. While I was in the shower, I decided to preempt their Friday plans.

I got out of the shower, dried off and called my sister Nancy and arranged for her and her husband Rick to watch the kids for the weekend. I called and made reservations at a trendy French restaurant and bought two tickets to see a touring company's production of Phantom of the Opera. After I had prepared for my one and only attempt at both a pre-emptive strike and attempt at salvaging my marriage, I decided that tomorrow I needed to prepare my contingency battle plan.

While I fully intended on trying to get my wife to come to her senses, I also realized that if she was willing to consider the possibility of cheating on me and our marriage that I needed to be prepared for that scenario. I decided that I would be pro-active. If she planned to cuckold me, I planned on divorcing her cheating ass which included a full-on scorched earth policy and she would rue the day she abandoned love for lust.

I decided to take Monday off from work and get all my ducks in a row. I phoned Edgar Benson and filled him in as to what was going on in my life and why I needed a day, maybe two off from work. Jon "Big Swede" Johansen would take over the crew until I returned. Big Swede was 6'6" and ran about 275lbs of pure muscle. I knew the men respected him and the crew was in capable hands, large capable hands.

I met with Harrison Thornton a real shark of a divorce attorney. He advised me of my rights and what I could reasonably expect from a divorce. I paid him a retainer and had him draw up divorce papers and a post-nuptial. I reasoned that if she decided to accompany me Friday instead of going out, I would have a real heart to heart with Joy. I'd tell her what I already knew and get her signature on the post nup and if she refused to sign then I would serve her with the divorce papers and be done with it.

I also put a tap on our home phone and a recording app on her cell and kept track of her conversations the rest of the week. I planned to spring our date night on Thursday after work. I wanted to give her a chance to choose us but at the eleventh hour as to keep her from pushing the plan to the following week.

I planned to leave the salvation or demise of our marriage in her hands. No ultimatum. I wanted her to genuinely prove to me that she wanted us and not the promise of some meaningless fling to sate some lustful fantasy of bigger and better. If I'm too inadequate to sate her sexual desires, even for one night, then I'm too inadequate to remain her faithful and loving husband. For if the latter is the truth, she doesn't deserve to have me and I don't deserve anything less than her total love, intimacy, and commitment to our marriage and our family.

I remember when we were a young married couple just starting out and we went to an auction to see if we could pick up any bargains and found that the house was included in the estate sale. It was a real "handyman's special". It seemed that the granddaughter of the old woman who owned it wanted rid of it and basically had a "fire sale" to dispose of the buildings and their contents.

The house was old and dilapidated but it had good bones. We are working class stiffs and it's hard to make ends meet sometimes and proved even more difficult to save money. We had just paid off the 20% of the hospital bill for John's delivery and Joy had some minor complications that necessitated a longer hospital stay. So, we were drained financially.

I called Edgar and asked him to come over to look at the place. I was nearly despondent as I had saved not nearly enough to buy the house. When Edgar arrived, he gave the old place a thorough inspection. He agreed that old girl had potential. He asked why I wanted him to look at it. I told him I wished I could afford to buy it but couldn't.

I told him I thought he might have an interest as an investment property. Edgar went to the auctioneer handling the sale and he put Edgar in touch with the granddaughter. Edgar was gone about three hours. When he returned, he handed me a quit claim deed with my name on it and said I needed to sign some papers in front of the notary. Fifteen minutes later I owned the house. Edgar wrote a check and paid cash. Edgar loaned me the money and I was able to pay him via payroll deduction. I made the very last installment the previous pay day.

I had used every spare dime in renovating and remodeling. First to make it livable and as time went on to make it into the home that Joy and I envisioned owning. The bedrooms and living area came first. Next was to modernize the plumbing and bring the electrical up to code. During that time Joy and little John stayed with her parents.

My crew worked for pizza and beer and helped. Next came a new roof while we welcomed Bethany into the world. The following year saw new bathrooms. The re-pavement of the driveway followed. Finally, I put in a new kitchen and the latest top end appliances. All I had left was a new garage door. Thankfully, Edgar helped me get the materials at cost.

So, I was cash poor but house rich. I drove an old work truck so we had only Joy's two-year-old minivan which we still owed three more years on. I learned that in the divorce I would have to pay her alimony and upkeep on the house until the kids reached 18 or she decided to remarry. At such time she could buy my share out at the current fair market value or sell it and give me half the proceeds. Of course, child support and health insurance for the kids until they were 21 or became self-sufficient.

Thus, I had no tangible assets for her to latch onto. I was prepared and I waited for her to tell me of her nefarious plans for Friday but she never mentioned them. When Thursday evening arrived, I came home as I usually did. However, as I was forewarned, I came home armed with flowers, a box of Norman Love chocolates I had shipped from Florida, and a bottle of Bergström Cumberland Reserve 2015 Pinot Noir from Oregon's Willamette Valley to pair with the chocolate.

She fell in love, no pun intended, with the chocolates from this quaint chocolate boutique while we were on vacation to Ft. Myers several years ago. I was fully prepared to pull out all the stops, but the question begged, was she? I went into my den directly from the garage. She was in the kitchen and while supper cooked, I hid the goodies for later in the evening.

We had dinner and talked about our days. I helped John and Bethany with their schoolwork and we all enjoyed some ice cream while we watched television. At 8:30pm Joy bathed the kids and I read them a story before they went to sleep. It was 8:50pm when I came down the stairs. I went into the kitchen and retrieved a corkscrew and two wine goblets and a vase I filled with water. I put them on a large serving tray and entered the den.

I sat the tray on my desk. I placed the flowers in the vase and arranged them to be aesthetically pleasing. I popped the cork to allow the wine to breathe. I removed the cover from the chocolates and placed it on the tray along with the description of each piece of chocolate that accompanies every box. I added a candlestick and a lighter to set the mood. After ten minutes I saw Joy on the phone as she giggled at the caller's words. I entered the living room, dimmed the lights, and started the MP3 player to play some soft romantic music. She hung up as soon as she saw my silhouette.

She looked stunned when the lights dimmed and the music played. I stood between her and the coffee table while I sat the tray down so she couldn't see its contents. I poured the wine and lit the candle. I rotated the tray so the Norman Love cover faced her as well as the box of chocolates. I had the tickets to the play in my shirt pocket. I stepped away and let her see the tray as she asked, "Pete, what the Sam Hill is going on?"

I handed her a glass of wine as she noticed the chocolates. "Peter, how, why? Oh my God, Norman Love's. What's the occasion?"

I looked right into her eyes and said, "Joy, I know we hold Friday family nights sacrosanct but periodically we need to put aside the rest of the world and focus on us to remain connected and keep things fresh. Tonight, I wanted to begin to do just that. Cheer's!" We touched glasses with the proverbial clink and took a sip. Joy took one of the decadent heart-shaped pieces of chocolate and slowly and sensuously devoured it.

As she savored the morsel I continued, saying, "Tonight is just a taste. A precursor to a weekend dedicated to romance and reconnection. Tomorrow, I have hired a limousine to take us on a magical journey. First, dinner at Le Circ and then to the theater to see... I handed her the tickets as I added, the Phantom of the Opera. Nancy and Rick volunteered to pick the kids up from school and keep them all weekend. We have the house to ourselves. We can reconnect on an emotional, spiritual, and spiritual level."

I reached into my pocket and produced $300 in cash. I placed it in her left hand as she was still clutching the tickets in her right. I told her the cash was to by a nice dress, shoes ,and some sexy lingerie. She nearly choked on her chocolate and gulped the glass of wine attempting to stop coughing.

She sat the tickets and the money on the table. She looked down and mumbled, "It sounds wonderful but..."

I said, "But nothing! There is nothing to hold us back from a wonderful weekend!"

Joy finally looked up and just above a whisper, said, "Pete, I planned to go out Friday night with Celeste and the girls from the clinic. I decided I needed a little me time, I hope you understand."

"I tried to stay calm and collected as I begun, "No Joy, I don't understand and I'll tell you why. Number one, this is the first I'm hearing of it. When had you planned on informing me, as you walked out the door? Secondly, on our family night? I felt guilty for farming the kids off but figured that to keep the family centered we needed some "us time" not "me" time.

I've hired a driver. The tickets are for tomorrow night's performance. The rest of the run has already sold out and I paid dearly to obtain this pair from a man that scalped them because his wife just gave birth and they can't attend. I can't postpone it and why should I? So, you can go clubbing with a bunch of single women and divorcees instead of spending a romantic weekend with your husband?"

Joy looked lost and her head dropped into her hands as she contemplated her next words. Finally, she looked at me and said, "Peter, I love you and appreciate your gesture. We can still do dinner on Saturday I just can't break off my plans tomorrow. I need a night away and I've earned it. I'm sorry about the tickets but you can sell them tomorrow. I promise to give you my whole and undivided attention the rest of the weekend."

I knew then it was over. I grabbed the tickets from the table, poured the rest of the bottle of wine on the candle. I grabbed the vase of flowers and threw it into the fireplace. Joy sat there in shock as I stormed off to the bedroom. I grabbed some clean work clothes and my pillow, my razor, hairbrush, toothbrush, toothpaste, and mouthwash before I headed off to the spare room before she came up.

The door doesn't have a lock so I slid the bureau in front of the door as I knew she didn't have strength enough to move it. I woke from a restless night where I tossed and turned and got perhaps an hour of sleep. I quickly showered in the kid's bathroom and got dressed. I looked in on my sleeping angels sorry for my role in their future unhappiness and devastation.

I got in my truck and called Edgar. I gave him the scoop and took another day off work. I called Big Swede Johansen and asked if he could be available to help me this evening. I planned on going to the club and if she did what I figured she had planned to do I would serve her right after I engaged in coitus interruptus. I planned to cock block her would be lothario and I planned on Big Swede as a backup. Partly, in case the situation got out of hand, but mostly, to avoid the situation getting out of hand. Only a fool would take on the Big Swede and even a group of well-meaning friends of the fool would come up on the short end of the dustup.

Thankfully, Big Swede told me he had my back. He hated cheaters. He put his ex-wives lover in a body cast and took on all four of her brothers. Three of them ended up in intensive care and the fourth was the only one with sense, he ran as far and as fast as was humanly possible after Big Swede concussed him.

I waited outside my house as I refused to go home or answer her calls until she left for her "big night out". Only, she was grossly unaware of just how big the event would be as the night unfolded. I called Big Swede and gave him the location and watched as Celeste pulled in to pick up my cheating slut of a wife. I went in and quickly packed up all my personal belongings. My tools I kept on my truck. I grabbed a couple of pictures of my kids. I took the coffee mug they gave me for Christmas along with two cooking pans, plate, plastic tumbler, and one set of silverware.

I put it in the club cab on the back seat and headed out to meet Big Swede. I asked him to watch and film her and her group from the bar. I had sent him a picture of her from my phone. I told him to keep me updated, especially if she hooked up with some guy and left the bar with him.

Big Swede called about an hour into the evening and told me that she sat there for most of the hour before her friend brought a guy to the table. The guy was a typical lounge lizard on the prowl and shortly after they started dancing.

Swede called me and told me by the second hour he was buying drinks and she gobbled down as fast as they arrived. The more she drank the more she let this guy touch her. Where she was touched would most definitely fail the husband test. They began making out on the dance floor. It was 11pm when Swede called and told me she was headed out the side door to the parking lot. I asked him to meet me and to use the same exit.

I watched as she and this dickhead came out the side door and headed to an older Cadillac De Ville, a real old school pimpmobile. They climbed into the backseat. I put on my leather driving gloves and took out the ASP® Protector 21" expandable clip-on baton from its previously unopened box. I had a trucker friend buy it for me on a run in Georgia. I grabbed the divorce papers and put them in my jacket pocket. I found Big Swede and had him follow me with the camera to tape things. He concealed himself behind the vehicle next to asshole's, camera ready and ready to pounce if needed. The camera records in low light and he left the dome light on so he could see the prize he claimed. She was oblivious to anything except the 9' cock in her mouth.

I walked up in the dimly lit area where the asshole parked. I watched and Big Swede recorded with the zoom lens through the window as the asshole removed my wife's panties from under her skirt. He kissed her and she sucked on his cock shortly before screaming, "Stick that big thing in me and fill me up! I can't wait any longer! I craved that monster from the first time you rubbed it on my pussy when we danced, so come on big boy, fuck my brains out!"

He lined up for the kill and rubbed his thing up and down her cheating cunt as she was leaking like Niagara Falls. I tapped the window with the ASP he looked out the window annoyed and yelled, "Get the fuck out of here, you fucking pervert! Get your own pussy!"

As he got set to plunge into her creamy folds once again, I snapped the ASP to it's full 21" and popped the window sending chunks of safety glass raining down upon the would-be lovers. The guy popped the door open and proceeded to climb out of the car at full mast as he stood before me yelling profanities. Joy lay there paralyzed by fear with her eyes closed covered by the shattered window glass.

I had enough of the man who usurped my wife and I quickly brought the full force of my 21" down upon his 9" and his was most assuredly not up to the task of absorbing the brute force of my ASP. On the upswing I gave his balls a quick touch and taste of my ASP's potential. I watched as his member started to swell only to resemble the cock of a prized brahma bull without any of the functionality. I chuckled as he collapsed on the dirty piss-stained pavement. He wept like a little baby.

I looked back to the inside of his Detroit chariot and found my "loving wife" eyes opened and as wide as saucers. I had Big Swede lean on the hood of the car next to the Cadillac and he had pointed it to the inside of the car. I reached into my pocket and threw the divorce papers at her and yelled, "You are served you cheating slut!"

I checked to make sure Mr. Slick was still on the ground and hadn't decided to get froggy. He was still whining completely self-absorbed in a world of pain of his own making out on the prowl while he cheated on his wife. I noticed the wedding band on his left hand. I collapsed my trusty 21" of hardened carbon and clipped it to my belt. I threw a C Note at the asshole for his window and left.

12