All Comments on 'The Transition Plan'

by LingeringAfterthought

Sort by:
  • 16 Comments
SmuttyandfunSmuttyandfunover 1 year ago

Loved the humor. A terrific story, well written, as always. Good luck in the Contest!

LingeringAfterthoughtLingeringAfterthoughtover 1 year agoAuthor

Smutty&Fun: Thanks! Good luck to you, as well! I always enjoy your work.

Boyd Percy: Thank you for reading! I'm curious what I could do to get it to a 5, but maybe you just save your 5's for truly exceptional work. I'll take a 4 with gratitude, but let me know if anything specific occurs to you.

LudvigBlomSE: Thanks - and I see what you mean. There are quite a few untied ends. I could do a lot more with this. I probably *would* have done more with this if the contest deadline was a bit further out.

TenderTrapTenderTrapover 1 year ago

Terrifically warm story about two souls in love,but taking their time to consummate their relationship.Great sense of humour conveyed as well,in the style of those old 1930's screwball comedies,with passion added to,over and above what the Hays code of the day would have allowed.Thank you for posting such an upbeat tale.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I, for one, would love to see this expanded. Wonderful, tender romance, but I'm a softy. Lost my soulmate almost a year ago and I love seeing stories like this. They help me remember all the great times we enjoyed.

ZZchromosomeZZchromosomeover 1 year ago

Wow, just wow. This is phenomenal. Putting the link in my "Jost Wow" folder right now. Keep writing, you're awesome!

LingeringAfterthoughtLingeringAfterthoughtover 1 year agoAuthor

Anonymous Softy: I wouldn't be surprised if Kari and Dean had more stories in them. The hut is still unfinished, and one great night on a catamaran does not a vacation make. I'm so sorry you lost your person. These last few years have been cruel and soul-thinning at times. Hold on to the memories and make more whenever possible - or what is this life for?

TenderTrap: The Hays code... yeah. Still, it probably gave us great things like that kiss between Cary Grant and Deborah Kerr in Affair to Remember - their first forbidden kiss, passionate and long awaited, but we only see the bottom halves of their fully-clothed bodies on the ship's staircase. Don't get me wrong - I like having sex in stories, but sometimes just implying passion can be powerful. Just think about the Victorians!

LingeringAfterthoughtLingeringAfterthoughtover 1 year agoAuthor

ZZ! Good to hear from you again - you always give me a big head with your comments. Glad you liked it.

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcover 1 year ago

I enjoyed the story and do look forward to at least one more sequel of the couple. I had a serious problem believing they would have maintained the bazaar working relationship that set up the story arc. 4*

LingeringAfterthoughtLingeringAfterthoughtover 1 year agoAuthor

Demosthenes - Thanks for your thoughts. That's a fair comment - a good chance for some more exposition/explanation in the next installment, too!

theMasterBaitertheMasterBaiterover 1 year ago

Lovely. I wouldnt mind a follow on story... Maybe an island party, with friends? A special love that shares.

Davester37Davester37over 1 year ago

5* here, I loved reading this one. Sure, I would have loved a 35K word missive with all the things the other commenters have mentioned, but I understand deadlines. I’m just glad to meet these incredible characters, and I hope we’ll bump into each other again some time.

Thank you for writing and thank you for sharing your work.

LingeringAfterthoughtLingeringAfterthoughtover 1 year agoAuthor

Sir Baiter: I think I can manage a follow-up story. Good to see you around again!

Davester: Glad you liked it! It's a bit annoying when you have no ideas until just a few days before the deadline, but that's how it happens sometimes. Try out some of my other stories, if you liked this.

Jgree188Jgree188over 1 year ago

I found the section of the story where Dean is screaming at her to be extremely off-putting and overly machismo. I believe that a woman who would fall in love with a man after that is far too tolerating and submissive.

The rest of the story after that read pretty well though. Thanks for all of your attention paid to comments!

4 stars for the concern.

LingeringAfterthoughtLingeringAfterthoughtover 1 year agoAuthor

Jgree188 - that's a fair comment. There is a bit of a dom/sub dynamic to the relationship. I think she dismisses his bluster as a mother would do for a child having a tantrum - recognizing it for what it is. That was the dynamic she thought they had - he needed a mommy. When he heard that, he realized he needed to approach her differently - as someone with more than helplessness to offer her. It was tough to write that transition, and I could see it not sitting well with some. Shouting and yelling can be very off-putting and just a hard stop for some readers. Thanks for commenting!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userLingeringAfterthought@LingeringAfterthought
04/08/24 - Still alive, writing and doing stuff. Had one of those stretches where stories are spinning on my head, but life didn't let me write. Now, I'm working on a new story for Geek Pride... if they're having Geek Pride this year. Karen Saves the Universe: Aliens kidna...