The Twelve Vitali Ch. 19

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
xelliebabex
xelliebabex
5,526 Followers

"No, we won't be calling off anything!" he growled angrily.

"Fine, forget I said anything, I'll just stay home and be the perfect cookie cutter Vitali wife and Knox can take me to my appointment," she said sadly. "I'm going to bed," she announced. She hated that she had hurt Matteo by threatening that, but she felt she couldn't take it back. She needed him to understand she wasn't happy being forced into a role and life she wasn't born to if it meant giving up everything and everyone she cared about except him.

"Don't go," he said. "I just hadn't realised how unhappy you were since returning home. Why haven't you told me any of this before now?"

"Because I always thought it was an option for me once we got settled in again. The first time I bring up wanting to do something for me, though, you shut me down. At least Ricco was coming up with solutions rather than just saying no to what I need," she said.

"I agreed to the car already!" he said defensively.

"You're not happy about it though, and were still trying to manoeuvre a way around letting me go out on my own," she accused. "Even Peri Donati drives herself around most days."

"The difference is that I am not in love with Peri Donati. If anything ever happened to you I'd never forgive myself," he gathered her into his arms and held her tightly. "I'm sorry, I've had so much going on I hadn't even thought about the fact you didn't have a studio here because I was building you one in the penthouse."

"I know, and I appreciate that, but I just want to do more than follow you and Ricco around every day. I need to have my own life, or I will lose me and become some manufactured Vitali Princess," she said into his chest. "I'm trying so hard to be what you and your family want, but you fell in love with the girl from Acacia Estates, and she has almost completely disappeared. I just need some space and time to find me again. I need to paint and be creative. You won't be disappointed, I promise. Trust me, please."

"Okay, but we will discuss our work commitments and link our calendars," he agreed grudgingly, hating what she was saying and that she felt like he was forcing her to be something she wasn't. "Can you talk to us before accepting another commission from Peri?"

"Yes, I can do that, but I won't be asking permission, even though I will negotiate terms. Now, I'm still going to bed," Cat said softly, and reached up a hand to the side of Matteo's face and kissed him before stepping out of his embrace. "You and Ricco can work out the details for tomorrow." She stood and turned to where Ricco sat and took the two steps toward him. "Thank you for being the voice of reason tonight," she bent and kissed him, not on the cheek but on the lips, and with some pressure as a first step toward building intimacy with him. She felt his surprise and drew back with a grin. "I'm sorry if you ever thought I cringed away from you," she said softly.

"She kissed me!" Ricco grinned at Matteo.

"I noticed," Matteo chuckled. "I also heard that she loves you, just in case you felt the need to remind me of that again."

"I love you too," Cat laughed, blowing Matteo a kiss. "Good night, gentlemen." She walked toward the bedroom.

*****

xelliebabex
xelliebabex
5,526 Followers