All Comments on 'The Twins Weave Book 02 Ch. 01'

by LeakyFaucit

Sort by:
  • 3 Comments
SniperkingSniperkingover 2 years ago

The grammar is SOOO much better. Kudos to the author. I think it would make more sense to go back and fix book 1 first because chapter 1 especially is really bad in terms of grammar. I also found the discussion about natural magic confusing and contradictory in this chapter

QUOTE

Falael smiles, "You could read a thousand books for a thousand years and never obtain the gift. You must have elven in you to gain more than the feeling of it."

"That answers that question," Abi says to all of us. "Harold is at his maximum potential."

"If Harold is human, he will feel wonderful drawing upon nature, but that will be all." Falael nods to Abi. "From your surprised reactions..." he pauses as his wife enters and speaks to her for a few minutes.

END QUOTE

so here he says you need to have elven in you to be able to do natural magic, and Abi says that means Harold won't be able to do it. But that doesn't make sense to me. He is their brother so if they've got elven in them then shouldn't he? How does she know it won't just take time like it did for Neivia and their mother. Also, this doesn't explain how Neivia was able to use natural magic since she is not related to either of them and it would be a stretch for both of them to be descended from elves.

QUOTE

"This was something I have wondered, why we are only allowed one path and on a rare occasion like with my sister, two paths were attained," I reply. That means this cannot be taught and the wards on the books are probably not necessary. We just need to keep others from finding out how we figured this out.

ENDQUOTE

Again, I don't get the logic here. Aren't the books what made them able to figure this out? Unless you're going with the hereditary thing which still doesn't explain how Neivia can do natural magic.

QUOTE

"Those with 'two paths'," he uses air quotes, "have not figured out they have more available. This means either one or both of you have always been different and shared it with the other in the womb."

"It was thought that Abi absorbed my power giving her both and me none," I reply.

"That would explain why you are unbound. Human power is the bond that prevents access to the true source as it would cause chaos and death. Just as the Elven bond does not allow us to use offensive power unless we are under direct threat. Nature's way of maintaining balance."

ENDQUOTE

So now we have a potential explanation for why he can do natural magic apart from descended from an elf. But this would mean Abi shouldn't be able, nor their mom or Neivia.

Honeslty I think the explanation you've been building up to was him being able to give his powers through sex plus a combination of Abi taking his powers in the womb making him unbound. That would clear eveyrthing up

LeakyFaucitLeakyFaucitover 2 years agoAuthor

@SniperKing: You are correct.

- James is the only person recorded as being blank, not having the human magic pool inside of him. The books allow you to pull at the natural magic all around you and it may draw in more and make you a bit stronger and feel better, but humans are bound to their rules of an inner pool of magic as the Elves are bound to non-violence and access to an unlimited external source. James is unbound and his affect on those around him is from a very specific means... Harold is a bridge too far at the moment for that means :).

- The rest of them have had access to that means and over time the internal pool and single path is pointless.

- Abi like all others that have multiple paths break the human single path rule and also have access to external magic (in her rare case, taking James' pool in the womb). In most all other cases, they were half- elves and if they survived and were found, brought back to live with the elves.

SniperkingSniperkingover 2 years ago

@LeakyFaucit

Okay that all makes sense but I think all that should have been in the story. The characters should have speculated or confirmed these things so the readers can follow along. Because if not then it looks weird and contradictory in my opinion.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userLeakyFaucit@LeakyFaucit
Writer from California, Love the weather, love the people. https://www.patreon.com/rthubasfm "Messages" Don't have to be a member to read.

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES