The Twins Weave Ch. 01

Story Info
I live life through my sister.
16.3k words
4.8
43.5k
107

Part 11 of the 14 part series

Updated 12/14/2023
Created 12/24/2021
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
LeakyFaucit
LeakyFaucit
489 Followers

* Authors Bullet Notes:

- There is Taboo subject matter

- This series runs 130ish 'word.doc' pages for CH1-4.

- This is an odd first-person point of view almost exclusively.

- Quite a bit got cut out of CH1 as 50 word.doc pages to get to the first scene was a bit much.

Ratings and comments on plot development are always welcome.

In a world full of magic, I am relegated to being the library to my sister. I have no ability other than to live through her, as the extremely gifted one she is always by our father's side.

My sister Abigail is the strongest mage in the region able to control two separate areas of magic making her all the rage but also it seems the reason for my issues. Mastering more than one path is so rare it happens just a few times per multiple generations through any given region. Being a twin of Abi, it is thought she ended up gaining both Divination and Enchantment abilities, leaving me with none.

As the second son, I was the backup plan to Harold the firstborn, but due to the lack of skills, my life turned to living in the library, eating in the kitchen alone, and only being allowed outside the keep a good distance away near the waters.

Abi is also my main ally aside from the staff; with her foremost skill of being able to project her thoughts across vast distances. What most don't know is with me; she is always in my head and when she allows it, we can see through each other's eyes. This is how I've spent most of my life watching the world through her eyes and having her constantly narrate the important parts while blocking out any private moments.

In return, I would spend my time in the library reviewing any information that we had on hand either of a time, region, spell, or a family's history. Allowing Abi to shine during the Baron's meetings, events at home, or trips to other regions.

Both of us are the dark-haired, bronzed skin of our Cegramond regions magically enhanced desert oasis' and being the Baron's family, we are afforded the best of everything at our disposal. Well, in theory at least, my room is larger than most but is more a shiny cell than a home.

"James, time to wake up." I hear a few times and grumble after being up most of the night swimming. "You're going to miss it!" I open my eyes and see Abi is in the baths.

"That is the best wakeup ever!" I say and jump out of bed, Abi started doing this after we grew more sexual. Two years earlier I was taking care of my own needs and heard Abi moan in my head busting her for watching me. She refuses to return the favor, though on occasion she will sit in the corner of the baths and let me watch the other women. The baths are warded from view but the link between us wasn't seen as magic and is not detected nor prevented.

"Hmmm, I told you, so many here this morning." The more women the easier it was for Abi as it didn't appear that she was staring at any one individual. Though I've seen the looks she's been given on occasion when caught watching. I knew what she wanted in return and went to my own bath. The one perk of being isolated is having a bath in your own room.

Stripping down and entering the bath I assumed the same spot as Abi, so it looked the same. A quick scrub and then looking down while I began to watch the various wet boobs, asses, and pussies on display by some of the most beautiful women in our lands. I rub slowly from base to top and back down commenting on who I'm watching and stop talking when I see Neivia.

"Wow," I whisper and my cock pulses, and I jerk in the water. Abi breaks out of her own trance and looks at my target.

"Who? Abi asks, and I tell her Neivia, "What? I thought Althea was your last one as she has twice that of everything and she's right in front of me."

"Not my type, everything about Neivia is perfect," I respond, and I can tell Abi gets shy as she is the same body type herself. As Abi looks down in embarrassment I gasp again and want to slap myself in the face for alerting Abi of what I'm seeing, everything goes dark briefly. I got to see Abi's view down the front of her body and the water is clear enough to see it is true, they are both almost equal except Neivia has darker nipples though Abi's look softer and her nipples are hard.

"Stop that!" Abi hisses at me reading what I am thinking.

"Greatest day of my life and it just started." I chuckle and it's still dark.

"Abi, you were at this very moment watching me rub my cock while at the same time being angry at me for appreciating the smallest glance. That seems rather unfair." I grumble in the darkness.

"Sorry, it was embarrassing." Abi replies and I can see the women again. "It's different!"

"It's not, you of all people know how I feel about it." I start up again and look at Neivia, "If I can't see you while you see me, I will find the closest that I can, always." I pick up the pace and can hear Abi moaning along.

"Who is your favorite brother?" I ask as I get closer.

"You are," Abi replies as she knows I want to hear her voice.

"You want to see it."

"Yes." Abi gets frustrated as I would close my eyes if she didn't respond.

"This is for you." I stand so as not to empty into the bath itself. As I take one last look at Neivia, Abi moans, turns her head and I see our mother getting into the bath and Abi closing her eyes cutting the signal.

"Damn!" we both say together. Abi was surprised and I was miffed at finishing to the sight and feeling dirty about it.

"I'm so sorry James! Mother called my name and I forgot in the moment."

Nobody knows of this link, so there is no concern of being caught at least. I clean up, get dressed in new clothes, and head to the library to continue our research. Part of it prepping Abi for the events for the day ahead and part on how I can rekindle my own ability again. We both believe I had it to begin with so there must be something on this in the thousands of years throughout history.

"The library has many thousands of books, and I am almost done with them. The days are spent in research, afternoons I eat, and the nights I swim, every day blending into the last except for what Abi adds.

"Mom is discussing today's events." There are times when I can listen, though the baths, bedrooms, and our fathers' areas are warded, so I can see and speak but hearing requires magic to enhance our link. "Sahir is coming today to talk to father."

"Mention his eldest Margery, the pearl of his family doing exceptionally well in the capital," I reply remembering from his last visit. Leanne is his wife, with baby daughter Tamisen.

"Dear brother, I do believe your gift is a perfect memory." Abi laughs "I have the world's largest pool of information instantly available. Love you, going quiet for a little while."

"Yeah, yeah, love you also," I reply as I select a few books.

"Lord James?" I hear coming from behind from guard Burvis." Only the guards and staff call me Lord, and then only because I remember them and treat them as my only friends.

"Burvis, what is your assignment for today?"

"Tovenaar requests your presence immediately." Burvis lowers his voice, "find your sister, I believe this is not good."

"Lead the way my good man, let's not keep his grumpiness waiting." Tovenaar is fathers trusted advisor and runs the day-to-day of the keep.

Velho

"Ahh, James; take a seat." Tovenaar motions to a chair by one of the windows. The light blue marble floor with mosaic of the entire world with a dozen more maps depicted with tiles along the walls of specific regions along with half a dozen large tables and desks throughout the room.

"What can I do for you today, councilor?" Not being called Lord has long lost its sting.

"What is the meaning of this?" Abi bursts into the room with our mother chasing after her. "Velho is halfway around the world!"

"Lady Abigail, I've asked you many times to stay out of my head," Tovenaar states but without conviction as she is allowed in everyone's head with father's blessings.

"And I've asked you many times to stay away from my brother. Sending him to Velho and doing it the same day you inform him or I?" Abi turns on her mother "How can you let this happen like this?"

"Dear, this is for his own good. They have infinitely more resources that we have to try and figure out if James can be put whole again." Mother replies and looks over at Tovenaar for support.

"No! Tovenaar was told from Father that..." Abi looks over at me as I've been trying to interrupt her,

"Let it go, I need new research material and we can still be together all day, every day." I push at her.

"James, you are to leave, now." Abi runs over and hugs me, crying in my arms.

"It's fine, I'll figure this out and be back before you know it."

"Lord James," Tovenaar states since my mother is present, "your things will be sent with you. This is by ring so it will be instantaneous and save you months of travel."

"Ahh yes, for this we can afford Velho." I sigh and pull Abi up with me.

"I love you sis; I will check in and see if the distance works for us." Knowing it will but she has limits for all others.

"I love you mother; I am sorry it has come to this." I don't move from my spot and Mother stands her ground for several moments looking between the three of us.

"Both of you leave us." Mother says to Tovenaar and Abi. There is no balking at that even for Abi.

As soon as they leave Mother does come over and hugs me. "I am so sorry honey, your father is adamant that we find a way, and all of this is my fault." Her advance and feelings shock me as she does take up for me if shown disrespect; though it is rare that she sees me or shows emotion like this.

"I will find a way, and you do not control fate." I smile and wipe her tears. "I will return, and I will make you proud to have had me."

"I'm already proud of what you do for Abi honey." Mom replies and I lean back and look into her eyes.

"She would talk about you two seeing and speaking through each other as a child. Just because I didn't say anything doesn't mean I don't know or notice, Abi has never stepped foot in the library while the rest of us spend less time than you but still, it is a must. I will speak to you through her often. I do love you." Mom hugs me again and walks out allowing them back in.

Abi is crying and acknowledges my feelings of what mother said as she heard everything, "how she kept knowing what we do from me is interesting." Abi projects as they walk in.

"Okay then, how do we begin?" I ask Tovenaar and he nods, I am led to an adjourning room with the ring that is used to travel distances beyond that of the strongest mages to prevent errors and death.

Exile:

An Island that consists of the library for the four major kingdoms this side of the Ocean to the north and wastelands to the east, also used as training grounds for the truly rich and gifted. A place Abi belongs, and I do not.

Having only seen my room, the examination room, and the library for the first few months there is not much to describe to Abi as we chat, but I have found out that not only am I not magical, but I am also anti-magical.

Divinators were frustrated as none of their divination spells worked on me, this wasn't known at home as Abi was able to do whatever she wanted when the family was rooting around in my brain and body.

Enchantment was the same, sleep, charm, compel, hold; nothing took. Which of course then had stronger mages brought in from all eight paths and it was found to be an internal issue. Anything can affect me externally, but internally nothing penetrated.

Evanora the lead Divination mage and master librarian took a liking to me for both my sister multipath and my ability to remember whatever I read, hear, or see. I spend most of my days reviewing materials that I hadn't in our family library with Evanora asking questions of books I've read that she hadn't.

Evanora is the age and busty form of my mother though with silver hair and pale skin. Abi can talk to me and see through my eyes when she wants but cannot read anyone from this distance or hear the conversations so she would just scan my memory of it or listen to me narrate in my head. I finally realize how difficult it has been for her to repeat a conversation while having it at the same time.

The lead inquisitor finally relents on the review and declares that he believes to be a permanent dispel magic within me as my gift even if it can't be magically discerned due to its nature and asks Evanora to find another example from the library. I don't mention everything my sister has done that has affected me and Abi agrees that it should be kept quiet.

Though there are always hundreds of mages in the library, it is so large that you can spend time in your section and never meet another person. In most cases, the mages sit at a table and the books are sent to them. I am one of the few that walk down the many thousands of books per hallway.

"James, I think you need to look at our more non-traditional books" Evanora mentions while we eat breakfast at her desk.

"Okay, I can agree with that as I'm definitely non-traditional." I watch her flag down an assistant. After having her assistant clean up and take over, we head into an aisle and then room behind her desk.

"This room is warded against magic to prevent any form of access and also to prevent anything from leaving this room once inside." She motions to the doorframe, "Nothing past this point or you will not like the results."

"Not as warded as you might think," I look around the room and smile at her, "I have something to tell you."

"Hmm, what did you find?" Evanora reminds me of mother when I was younger in the looks that she gives me.

"Let me start by saying, my sister can cast both divination and enchantment spells on me, nobody but you and the family know this, though I believe that has to do with use being born together and being of the same child in the womb. So it would be the same as saying that if I could, I would be able to cast spells upon myself."

"Hmmm, that does make sense, and it does open one door of thought that it is not what was proclaimed if spells do get through no matter how limited."

I can hear something behind me, so I turn around and though a large room, it is lit up the same as the rest of the library. There is nothing there.

"Tell her about our thing." Abi reminds me. "Oh, yeah," I reply.

"Another thing: Abi and I have the ability to talk and see through each other's eyes, we can also hear if she adds the enchantment on top of that."

"That is a good thing to have, but not unique," Evanora replies.

"It can be used when spells are blocked, like right now, and in here, and if I push hard enough, she can hear me even if it is off."

"Wait, you two are talking from Cegramond to here and currently in this room?" Evanora's eyes get wider when I nod, and she starts pacing. "That is extraordinary."

She walks past me, and I hear the noise again, it sounds like my name though I'm facing the direction and still don't see anything.

"I hear something in the room saying my name." I think to Abi.

"What!? Creepy necro-like or normal?" She asks back.

"Like a regular person saying my name in normal tones."

"Tell her!"

Evanora is watching me, and I smile and shrug, "Sorry, was chatting. Um, do you hear anything in here saying my name?"

"From where?" She asks and I point to the wall behind her.

We both walk over, "nothing is shaking or glowing or jumping out at me text-wise." I whisper and Evanora shrugs.

"Well, take a seat, I'll check on you as nothing other than your sister can get in or out of here." She pats my shoulder and starts to walk out.

"Evanora? Can we keep all of this information between us until I learn more?" I ask with a little pleading mixed in.

"Nobody would believe me if I told them." Evanora smiles, nods, and walks out shutting the door.

Day after day, I stand at the door and can hear my name from that area, but not from where, and every day I pick a stack of books that don't appear to be the one. I've checked the floor, the shelves, tried to move the shelves, and climbed the shelf to check the ceiling.

Evanora isn't happy with me stacking books read that day to the left and right of the door to see if the voice moves, though nobody else uses this room so she allows it, for now. The call still comes from the same area.

The Weave:

I start on an ancient three-book series that is all about seeing magic and how each spell has its own weave formed before it activates. I've never seen a weave though I read through the first book as I've done with every other book so far. The second book moves from the history of weaving which is a sixteen-hundred-year-old book, so the history must go back quite a ways, to the practice of and gives examples of how to start. The first thing I notice is that dancing lights, identify, silent, and chill cross many of the eight paths but are the starter spells to try. Finishing the book, I reflect back on what I've read and decide to try dancing lights, and nothing happens. I calm myself and sit for a minute reviewing all the steps in my head again. No luck.

"Sweetie?" Abi pokes me.

"Hey, what's up?" I reply

"Are you practicing magic in a room that doesn't allow it?"

"Yeah." I laugh, "I'm going to finish book three first and see what happens in my room."

Book Three continues through the five areas of spells and how to copy any spell you see with disclaimers throughout on trying to copy a spell you don't know could result in many different issues to include death. Before seeing the result of the spell, the weave will only show you if it is earth, fire, wind, water, or mind.

I spend the next two hours going through a set of books that were near those that reference herbology magic and alchemy-related spells from the same author and timeframe, these might be more my style considering they augment the lack of skill and file those away to try next as they require all kinds of ingredients and tools, and call it a day.

"Another day, another pile of books. I say to Evanora as she smiles and asks me to sit with her like most evenings. We chat about the day, and she asks questions about the books she is interested in that are in the read pile. I don't talk about the weave series yet as I'd like to try it again in my room and I've had enough defeats.

I get into the bath, wash, and relax, I can literally hear Abi being impatient which she notices and stops. "Sorry."

Deep breath, visualize dancing lights, and nothing.

"Shit."

"Abi! The language." I chuckle.

"Try a small water vortex spell since you are sitting in water. "Try each type, just to make sure." Abi is rooting me on as she has always done.

Deep breath, visualize the weave for the water vortex and I can see the weave forming, I freak out and it fails.

"What happened, I didn't see anything, but you saw!" Abi screams at the end.

"Ow! volume and yeah, I saw it." My heart rate is crazy and I can't calm down enough to try it again.

"Take a break, talk to me, you saw water filaments?"

"It looked like a bunch of see-through watery plant stems growing from my palm and then I lost it and it collapsed."

"Focus and try again, finish it." Abi whispers.

Deep breath, I burst out laughing, I'm a mess. I can hear Abi groan.

"Sorry, I'm bursting at the seams right now." I apologize.

"I know, I can feel it and I am also, you haven't eaten, go eat and try again after, I love you so much, you did it!" Abi screams at the end again and laughs.

"Sounds good, going to eat, love you more and see you soon hopefully."

"Perv, I saw that, and if you make it happen, I'll do it." Abi replies to my memory flashing to her in the bath when I said I would see her soon.

LeakyFaucit
LeakyFaucit
489 Followers