The Twins Weave Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Mom pauses for a moment and then lets out a large breath. "There is a ward in his bedroom that hides what we say or think from Abi during or after. "We had it put in when she was a child for obvious reasons. And you have obviously been true to your word on not prying as it doesn't block you out." Mom looks around again at where I put her room wards. "I doubt anything could."

"Yes, and I'll keep it that way, we all deserve a little privacy on occasion."

"Mom laughs, "not sure it's in the right place anymore, but thanks anyway. Did you allow Abi to see into my room after the wards?"

I nod and mom looks upset.

"She is cursing up a storm at me to not tell you that she has the hots for you and hoped I couldn't see into her room. It has apparently been years for her, though I thought it was much longer with the ward in father's bedroom. She was against you being isolated and played the role but has hated it and herself the entire time, it is eating her up now that she sees you, she's a mess James."

"How about I set it so that anything that happens in this room is not viewable by anyone, but, you can still reach out if you need something or it's an emergency? Might take me a few days to figure it out."

"That would be wonderful. There are some things that are out of my control and embarrassing no matter how many times Abi has seen it."

"Not cool James, but I get it, fixing her is fine. I'll turn it off now, you can turn it back on when done. Love you!

"Love you too."

"Abi muted herself just now, and I think she would have done it years ago, if you'd have talked to her like you just talked to me."

"Sometimes you get caught up in all of this and the obvious only seems so to new eyes James," Mom says sheepishly.

"Abi was your first?" mom asks, and I nod.

"And you hers?" I nod again.

"Well, that's that then, the way you two are linked it was probably inevitable. "All the crude remarks, you aren't one to kick me when I'm down so what do you want?"

"I think tonight might be the best night to see this after all," I say and create a portal in the cleared spot of her room.

"Come with me. I hold my hand out and pull her along." I turn Abi's signal back on as I want her to see this.

As we get through; I recreate her chair and the table, and two warm spiced drinks. Leading her to her seat and have her sit on my lap. "This is what I've always wanted to show you. It was, is, my go-to place when I have hard decisions to make.

It's a ridge about an hour from the keep overlooking the water. The one place I was allowed outside to visit. "This is where I would come to swim and tonight, as the sun sets the moons will come up offset to each side. Tomorrow they will be the closest they will ever get for the next seventy years."

"It is beautiful." she puts her arm around me and her head on mine. I am sad that I couldn't have been out here more often with you when you had to make your choices."

"This is what I've been talking about, everyone is so quick to deny love when it is right there, with a dozen excuses or doubts or inconsequential tasks that could easily be done another time. Having had so few moments I don't have the time or inclination to put up with others squandering the chance."

"You see things differently than most others due to the situation we put you in, and you came out the other side so much better than I have." I let her cry for a moment.

Lifting her chin up and wiping her tears I kiss her on the mouth and turn her in my lap wrapping my arms around her. "Shhh, don't let the past squander the now young lady." Mom gives a short laugh and rests her head back and we sit there holding and squeezing each other's hands.

"Me and you here tomorrow?" I send to Abi and she says yes.

I add the ability for mom to see through me so she can see what it looks like to me.

"Oh! My hair looks like that?" is the first thing she says.

"You obviously look perfect."

I feel Abi sign off again.

"What does Abi think of all this?"

"I let her see us out here, she's a blubbering mess of being happy for you."

"She would be okay with?"

"I think you left half of your thought behind Cassandra."

"Hah, I'll take that as a yes. I'll want this all of the time now you know."

"Yes Ma'am."

"And if I am being forced to be honest, so much more of you."

"Well with my extensive experience, that should be no problem."

"You jest, but you went from nothing to top mage in one day." Mom giggles and pats my leg. "Let's go back inside."

I clear the area and we go back inside.

"I've felt this way before you left honey, I don't want you to think this is a power thing."

"I know."

"I just don't understand how you could; considering, you can have the world and I'm old and.."

"Ahh we are playing the how could you game now? I couldn't understand how Abi or you could look at this," I sweep my hands from my head down. "And think, Whew, I gotta have me some of that!"

"Mom stares at me for a while and shakes her head, "You don't understand women. It's the looks you give and what you say that just melts everything, and you are very handsome"

"How about we have many, many more times like this and see what happens?" I walk up and put my arms around her neck. We want the exact same thing so how about we work up to it over time. Tonight I'd like." I kiss her a few times softly and then pull on her bottom lip until she opens up more and we kiss for a few minutes.

"Ugh, I can't believe you are going to leave me like this. Next time, I get to lead."

"Speaking of which, how about you help teach me how to dance. Tomorrow night is promised to Abi after she saw the view but the next night we can dance in here and you can lead."

"The sunset and dancing, this is what I meant earlier Mr. charming." Mom kisses me again and I make the portal back to my room.

"Good night sweetheart, thank you for everything."

"Night Mother, this was amazing."

I walk out and close the portals and flop down on my bed. Holy smokes!

When I wake up I have thought about what happened last night and the oddity of the wards.

"James! That is not good! Bring everyone into this conversation." Abi sends as she sees what I'm thinking.

I need to go back to Velho this morning." I send it to the rest of the family. "I found some things out yesterday and we might be in trouble."

"The backdoors into the wards?" Abi replies for all to here.

"Yes, every room had the same setup and the Inquisitors would be the ones to enforce it. If they are scrying us, then they saw yesterday's meeting and or the blanks they now have after fixing my room and then Mother's last evening. Add to that the ring incident they probably didn't buy, and the documents sent to them on the second child suddenly becoming heir and they have enough to send trouble. Oh, and several incidents where we spoke aloud that which should have been projected."

"Oh! I basically told them when I praised you." Mother sends.

"Same as in our meeting dear, how long will this take?" Father responds. "You sure about the wards, though it makes sense that they would want a way in for investigations."

"Pretty sure, I have those that experimented on me when I arrived and the ones that investigated the ring incident, I need to find them and then discern everyone they briefed. It should be kept to just the few we've seen and some higher-ups. Abi will keep you up to date on the progress as she'll see it."

Skipping the bath and breakfast I portal back into my old room that is thankfully empty. I get comfortable on the bed and bar the door from anyone getting in.

Starting with finding those that came to the keep discussing me leaving, three amongst the thousands of people here. Starting with a circle and slowly pushing it out it is a slow process as the more people brought in the slower it becomes. I finally find eight of them together and they are discussing the situation from yesterday. Everything I thought they knew was true, connecting with each one and searching for anyone else produces others, two in the capital one of which is the king. Though they are also consulting with the other kingdoms behind his back.

"Well, they caught the portal in your study, and the wards and the documents, they are also arguing about the training grounds as some think it's a ruse while others do not, it is not every minute monitoring so nothing else caught their attention. They are going to brief the King's advisor with this new information. They also believe Evanora is their inside person, I'll talk to her about leaking to them what they already know as updates."

"Father wants you to get rid of them beforehand, but I told him you wouldn't." Abi sends.

"Yeah, if this was you guys, I'd do it, but it's just me so far so I can't take out all of them and the guards and the Kings and advisors and the list would just keep growing."

Back Home:

We have meals brought to the father's conference room and they sit quietly while in the current group chat discussing what happened and how to proceed. While I meet with Evanora in the cafeteria and repeat the previous day's events, my trip back to Velho and what she can divulge as we have breakfast.

Neivia seems frustrated though patient as I'm overdoing it and I feel stupid, so I change it up to ensure progress at a slow pace instead of backtracking. She continues to flirt to the point that Evanora excuses herself.

"Be careful with this one James, she looks determined." Evanora pushes as she heads back in. "Don't let your eye's give way to drooling admissions or attempts to impress."

"No drooling; got it." I send back.

"I'll be coming to your event lord James; it would be nice to help you practice a few dances beforehand if you want." Neivia doesn't ask more than states as she gets closer.

"I think that can be arranged through Mother and Abi might want a few and I'm sure the princesses will be dancing with Harold."

"Harold? Surely you; ahh, I forget, they have been here before and have already given him his chance. Just as he has given those that he favors chances at the events held here."

"I would assume you would be busy then."

"Pffff, he likes," Neivia looks around, "busty, dumb, and total adoration. You though, look at me like nobody else does."

"You've been looking at her and envisioning her still being in the bath, and probably driving her crazy!" Abi sends.

"Having you know how I feel about the both of you without filter does make everything easier." I send back.

"It does feel good to be the one and only but the rest of you is disagreeing right now." Abi laughs, "Have fun and no blocking me out, I like to watch the back and forth." I remember some of Abi's memories.

"Hey! Stop that and focus, we can discuss that tonight at sunset." Abi sends embarrassed.

"Well, if you aren't going with anyone, I definitely need a few pointers so as not to make a fool of myself. As the second son though I doubt they will be auditioning me for very long." I answer.

"Great but be careful as all they know is you have the potential to be as powerful as Lady Abigail and that is worth more than your father's title."

"Yet you know differently and still persist?" I ask.

"Nobody starts at the top James; you've spent most of your life in the library and not in practice. I tell everyone you are coming along as expected when asked, so you just say the same and we'll work this out eventually."

"Okay, I like her, and she means it." Abi sends to me. "Hehe she is freaking out that you haven't stopped her yet."

"Thank you Neivia, I have to keep up appearances before the event.."

"What no! What the hell!" Abi says frustrated. "Please, for me?"

"But, uh, I'm not entirely sure what to do at this point as books alone, you know." I finish stumbling along.

"Have a messenger bring me to your room, and I can show you how to dance in advance if you would like, we can start slow and see how you do?"

"Tonight, before we go out." Abi says right away.

"How about this evening after I have dinner with Abi and Mother."

"That sounds great James, practice makes perfect." Neivia brushes my shoulder as she walks by, and I stand there reviewing my life choices.

"No. Don't say anything, just follow her lead and I'll tell you after. I told Mother and we will eat in her room."

"Neivia huh?" Mother asks as we situate everything and take our places at her table.

"That one is on Abi, I was going to put her off," I reply and dig in as I'm starving.

"Someone has been watching for so long, she can't seem to stop?" Mother replies.

"Yep, it's my thing, and I'm so amped up right now." Abi smiles at her mother.

"Wow, so you two talk about everything already huh?" I ask the both.

"We do." Mother replies. "What do you think of this considering you were going to say no."

"Well, I was impressed that Neivia is protecting me by not telling anyone what she is seeing on the training grounds, so she isn't in this for the power, and she probably believes I'm a work in progress in most all things."

"That is really close to being spot on." Abi comments at my assessment.

"Don't string Neivia along though dear, she has always been a good girl." Mom looks over at Abi.

"Was that for me or Abi?" I ask.

"Abi honey, I already know what you are doing."

"Okay how to put this, she wants to help him," Abi points at me "And she wants to scratch the itch he is giving her. She just wants to be appreciated without having to prostrate herself before the man. She has serious issues with men, her father and Harold and his friends' comments and treatment bull rushing through everyone here and then James pops into her life. He listens, and he remembers every word and also how it was meant. It is why the guards and servants care for him as if he was part of their family."

Abi looks over at Mom, "I'm letting Neivia have a taste of what she wants in her future, and after, she and I are going to have a chat about the longer term.

Both Mother and my eyes get big and stare at Abi.

"Ha, not you, well, maybe not you, who knows what fate has in mind." Abi goes back to eating with gusto.

"If she shows you how to dance are you still coming here tomorrow?" Mom asks me.

"The dancing is just an excuse to spend more time with you." I reply, "and she is my age so I'd prefer to learn from someone more graceful."

"Good answer," Abi says finished and sitting back.

"Okay, time to get this party started." Abi claps her hands, stands up giving Mother and me a kiss on the cheek and walks out of the room.

"She has gotten bolder since you got back." Mom says to me.

"When it comes to me, she has always been bold in her actions with others, it's just turned from my protection to getting me to help others."

"She pushed you at me like she is with Neivia?" Mom asks.

"She gave her blessing as soon as I thought of it and in your case agreed to privacy. So, I'm guessing that is why she is so amped up to watch Neivia."

"I'm leading tomorrow night so don't overdo it this evening." Mom places her hand on top of mine on the table. "Might want to sleep in." I smile and nod.

"Between you and Abi, the things I have to do for this family." Over dramatically putting the back of my hand to my forehead.

"Would you like to cancel?" Mom asks staring right into my eyes.

"No!" I walk over and kiss her and walk the hallways looking for a messenger.

I hear Abi laughing as I walk around. "I took care of it, just go to your room."

Neivia knocks and I ask her to come in, she starts off looking nervous and then as she looks around.

"Wow, uh, a bed, dresser, and a chest, you take minimalist to an entirely new level for a Lord of the keep," Neivia remarks, I stand up and laugh.

"Would you like a tour?" I say with a smile and lead her to the opening that is the bathroom and bath. "And there you go."

"Your own bath! That is rather nice. I am surprised to see lady Abigail and your mother use the group baths." I decide not to explain that this was put in specifically so I wouldn't use the group baths.

"It is the one true perk of this room and most everything else I need is in the Library; and the training grounds now."

"The training grounds?" Neivia turns to look at me. "I'm going to take that as a personal compliment if you don't mind." She smiles and walks over and sits on the bed.

"If this event is like all others that the crown attends there is going to be an influx of guards any day now and then the setup, you will meet with the guests as they arrive", she opens the dresser and looks through my clothes, "Wow! I will see about getting you new clothes, at least 4 new as people will stagger in, and then something special for the dance itself."

"Letting Mother know Neivia is going to take care of getting you clothes." Abi sends. "Neivia is getting bonus points right now."

"Do you have something special for our dance?" I ask and Neiva says she the last thing she wore is old enough to recycle one more time."

"Nonsense, I'll get with her tomorrow," Abi says.

"I talked to Abi earlier about you helping me tonight." Neivia entire demeanor changes to worry.

"She would like to go with you tomorrow and also find you something special at the event," I add and see the different emotions work their way back to being pleased.

"Mother seems quite pleased at the moment also." Staying truthful if not exactingly current.

"Oh! My, I um thought I was just going to get a moment of your time." She shifts feet and walks back over and sits on the chest.

Her head lifts up, "The princesses! I'll be in the way."

"Your job is to make them jealous my dear. They can't just walk in here and act like I'm a piece of meat to be evaluated, maybe that's why they get so bored to begin with."

"That is devious on your part James and scary as hell on mine, but I would be happy to go with you. My parents are going to have a seizure over this." She squeals and jumps up.

"Uh, your Mother will decide which greetings I will attend with you, normally it is strategically done to draw in some and ward off others depending on what she wishes. I will ensure our outfits complement each other and, whew, I need a moment." Neivia sits on the chest and gathers her thoughts.

"What is she doing?" I ask Abi.

"Hyperventilating, sit next to her and calm her down a bit." Abi sends back.

I walk over and sit down. "Thank you for doing this for me, I'm obviously going to lean on you quite a bit through all of this, so you are going to have to be able to speak your mind."

"Mom will seat her parents accordingly." Abi sends.

"I was told your parents will be seated accordingly so don't worry about them and don't worry about offending me as I think you've learned," I wave around the room, "I'm not all that into the pomp and circumstances."

Neivia looks around again and smiles. "Thanks, I can definitely see that."

"Keep going, what else will we be doing?" I ask.

"We will have to stay present during the days before and mingle with those that walk the grounds and if your parents hold any private gatherings beforehand." I take both of her hands in mine.

"Did I just turn this into a full-time job for you? Are you okay with this?" I ask her seriously as I thought it was going to be sitting at a table and a few dances.

"Yes, of course, this is an honor though I've seen it many times, this will be my first time in the receiving line and not just attending. I've watched Lady Abigail do this so many times though so we can muddle our way through, and you will have an assistant pushing us along."