The Ultimate Sacrifice Pt. 01

Story Info
Bob has questions that only the gods can answer.
11.1k words
4.79
9.3k
26

Part 1 of the 5 part series

Updated 06/10/2023
Created 09/16/2020
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Homer21stC
Homer21stC
137 Followers

Prologue

The rain was blinding and the wind was blowing at near tropical storm strength. Bob, his wife and daughter were returning home from a family weekend at the beach. The Semi tractor-trailer came out of nowhere and t-boned the Ford 150, crashing into the passenger side and sending it tumbling through the air. Bob remembered hearing his daughter and wife screaming and then nothing.

He woke up in the ER, looking down at his body on the operating table. Doctors and nurses were frantically working to save his life. One doctor had two paddles in his hands and jolted him. None of it made sense and yet somehow Bob wasn't concerned. He was above the table just looking down with detached interest.

Then he felt a pull from behind. Turning he saw a bright light, in the distance. He thought he heard his daughter call, "Dad, hurry up, mom and I are waiting for you. Hurry dad, it's beautiful." Leaving his body behind, without a thought, he ventured toward the light. The closer he got the more clear his daughter's voice, "Come on dad, hurry!"

He almost reached the light, his wife and his daughter when another, different voice said, "Hector...it's not your time. You have no idea how important you are." Then he felt himself violently pulled back towards his broken body.

When he woke, the pain was almost unbearable. He screamed, "NO!!"

Then he heard someone scream, "HE'S ALIVE!!"

Someone else yelled, "HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE?! HE'S BEEN DEAD OVER 10 MINUTES!"

Then darkness came again, but this time there was no light and he could no longer hear his daughter's voice.

When Bob woke again he discovered he was in a hospital bed. He could hear the beeps from the machines. He couldn't move and all he felt was numb. He looked around trying to clear his vision. When the nurse came in, her eyes went wide and she ran out. The nurse returned with a doctor and another man. She gave him a little water and then some ice cubes. His mouth felt like sandpaper. The doctor checked him out and asked a bunch of questions. The doctor informed Bob he had been in a coma for three months. He assured Bob he was out of the woods and would recover, in time.

The other man was a priest. He told Bob his wife and daughter had died in the accident.

Chapter One -Dinner

Feels good to finally make it to my hotel room. Could that flight have been any worse? 45 minutes late; stuck in the middle seat for three and a half hours with a guy sitting in the isle seat who needed two seat extenders. Granted, I'm not a small man, but geez, at least I still use the basic seat belt. Ever since 9/11 "they've" just sucked all the fun out of flying. You know, the imperial "they." The government and the airlines. Between the increased security and the airlines reducing not only leg room, but also the width of the seats, it would almost be less stressful to drive. Oh well, I'm here. Need to focus on my presentation tomorrow. I figure a relaxing, quiet dinner and a good night's sleep should adequately adjust my attitude.

Crystal City is busier than in past trips to the DC area. I guess bringing the Amazon Hq here is good for business. I just hope Ted Montana's isn't too busy. My mouth is really looking forward to that medium rare ribeye. I decided to walk along Crystal Drive instead of through the underground shops. A beautiful fall night in Virginia. It was a perfect evening until I walked through the door and was immediately faced with a room packed full of people. Sighing, I thought well Ok, time to go into patience mode. At a snails pace I inched closer to the hosting station.

"Good evening and welcome to Ted Montana's. How many in your group." Asks the young hostess.

"Just one, thanks. How long is the wait?"

"It's looking like about an hour."

A soft voice behind me asks, "Would you like a dinner partner tonight?" I turned around and was face to face with the most beautiful woman I'd ever seen. Long black hair, so black it looked blue. Caribbean blue eyes, that penetrated mine like she could see into my soul. I might have been concerned but her smile was disarming bordered by rich full lips. She possessed the look of a classic Greek goddess. My initial assessment had her in her early 30s, about 5 feet 9 inches, athletic build. Well honestly the last part was hard to tell because she was dressed in a business suit. The suit did its duty to mute her feminine assets.

"I'd love the company, but wouldn't you be bored out of your mind with a old geezer like me?"

"Not at all. You look like you have an interesting story and I would love to hear it."

I turned to the hostess and said, "I guess that will be a table for two then." A slight smile grew at the edge of her mouth. "It will still be about an hour wait."

I replied, "No worries, we'll be in the bar."

I turned back around to my new dinner companion, offering my hand, "I'm Bob." She took my hand and instead of shaking it, caressed my palm and back hand, "I'm Jill." Her eyes were mesmerizing, drawing me into her like a siren. Refocusing, "Since it will be awhile until our table is ready, would you allow me to buy you a drink?"

"Not only old and interesting, but also a gentleman. I would love a drink, Bob, thank you."

Our first break of the evening came when a couple's name is called and two seats, at the bar, became available. "What's your poison?" Jill laughed, "I haven't heard that in decades. How about a cosmopolitan?" I tell the bartender "a cosmopolitan for the young lady and I'll take a JD Tennessee Honey on the rocks." Jill says, "straight to the whiskey eh?" I reply, "yeah, rough flight and I thought you were more of a scotch and soda type." Jill chuckles and says, "I like something sweet every now and then."

Flirting? Ok now I'm just imagining things.

Once we were served Jill asked, "So Bob what's your story?" I replied, "I'll apologize up front, it doesn't have a happy ending. I lost my wife and only child in a car accident, five years ago." I looked down at my Jack Daniels, raised my glass and took a strong pull of good bourbon.

Jill had a very concerned look and said, "Bob, I am so very sorry for your loss."

"Not the kind of story one expects. I've spent the last five years buried in my work. It was either that or buried in a bottle."

"What brings you to the nation's capital?" She was persistent, I'll give her that.

"I represent a group of first responders in Texas. I'm here to meet with a lobby group about some legislation we need passed. But enough about me, what about you?"

"I'm boring. I'm an attorney representing a manufacturing group from the Midwest. We're finishing up the final touches on a contract with the Pentagon."

I take another sip of Jack and smile, "Well normally I'm allergic to lawyers, but they're typically not as pretty as you."

"Why Bob you sly goat, are you flirting with me?"

"I would if I thought there was a snowballs chance in hell of success." I was serious, I hadn't been flirting just teasing.

"Hmm...you never know, the night is young." She said as I almost dropped my drink.

Why would this gorgeous successful young lady flirt with a middle aged, broken down guy from Texas? I'm the cynical type and something was a bit off, but who the hell am I to argue. My ego was getting stroked and for the first time in five years I kinda liked it. I found it odd that I also felt a little guilty.

We chatted about nothing of import; work, weather...ya da...ya da...ya da. Finally I hear my name called and I pay the bar tab. The hostess sits us at our table and we proceed to have a very normal dinner. Nothing out of the ordinary, except that Jill seems easy to talk too and the steak was exceptional. Well, the steak part wasn't out of the ordinary, just was worth mentioning. But the conversation was way too comfortable, like we've been friends for years. Only problem is, I just met her and she's at least 25 years younger than me. However, she possessed a maturity well beyond her years. Aside from the fact that she's drop dead fucking gorgeous and I'm average, at best. Something just wasn't right, no matter how right it felt.

The waitress brought the check and I went to grab it, but Jill was faster.

"I've got this," she said.

"Nonsense, remember I'm old, chivalry and all that, I would like to buy you dinner."

She chuckled, "Bob, remember, I'm a lawyer, I can definitely afford it and besides you were kind enough to agree to have dinner with me."

I laughed, "Jill, I'm the lucky one here. How many middle aged men get asked by a young gorgeous woman to join her for dinner?"

She blushed, "I don't know. You think I'm gorgeous?"

"In those immortal words...Duh! My only regret is that it's come to an end."

She looked at me for what seemed like an eternity, but was probably no more than five seconds, "It doesn't have too. Would you like to go for a walk on this beautiful evening?"

"At the risk of being repetitive....Duh! Let's go and Jill... Thank you for dinner."

"You're most welcome Bob," she said with a genuine smile.

Something is definitely off. I know the "getting along" part is genuine. Our conversation was very easy, but it's her filtration. It feels like she's targeting me, but for the life of me I can't figure out why. I don't have anything anyone would be interested in. Nor do I know the kind of people who could do favors. As she signs the bill I decide to let this play out and see where it goes.

We work our way through the crowded restaurant into the cool evening air. You can feel the fall in the air; crisp and cool. As we stroll down the busy sidewalk, Jill slides her arm under and around mine. I hear a soft quiet moan escape her lips.

"Jill can I be bluntly honest with you?"

"Of course, I wouldn't want you any other way."

"What's really going on here?"

"Do you really want to know?"

"I wouldn't ask if I didn't."

"Be careful Bob, don't ask questions you may not be prepared for the answers."

"Jill, let's put our cards on the table. I'm guessing you wanting to have dinner with me was not a chance occurrence. So let's just cut through the bullshit and you tell what this is all about."

"Ok you asked... I'm here for you."

"Excuse me?"

"Bob, how old do you think I am? Honestly, and don't come up with a number and then subtract five years to make me feel good. How old do you really think I am."

Without hesitation I say, "You look like you're in your mid 20s, but that's not possible based on your profession and basic knowledge of life. But no way you could be more than 35."

"You and I share the same birthday. Only, you'll be 61 and I'll be 1,601 years old on June 21st."

I stop in my tracks and turned to face her. She could obviously see the doubt on my face.

"What the fuck are you talking about!?"

That little outburst caused a few people, on the sidewalk, to turn their attention towards us.

"Before I explain, we need some privacy."

Jill guided me down the sidewalk to an empty loading dock. She didn't drag me per say, but I could feel a strength that didn't match her body type. In an instant we were surrounded by what seemed to be a bubble or screen of sorts. I could still vaguely see the other pedestrians on Clark Street, but couldn't hear any of the sounds associated with the busy commercial area. In fact, there was no sound at all. Dead quiet. It was like we stepped into an enclosure, safe from outside interference. I moved toward the side walk. The "enclosure" moved with us. People didn't run into us or walk through us, they were just "on the outside" regardless where we moved.

Jill was the first to speak, "I guess the best way to describe where we are, is a dimensional phase. You can still see what's going on, but no one can see or hear us." Also, you're not occupying the same space, at the same time. Well maybe the same time, just not the same space or in the same dimension.

"I'm guessing you're not really a lawyer."

"Well, I really am a member of the Indiana Bar, but it's not my full time job."

"Ok you have my full attention. What's this bullshit that you're 1600 years old and you're here for me?"

"No issues with us sharing the same birthday?"

"Should there be?"

"No, that's just a coincidence. Bob, do you believe in destiny?"

"I did five years ago, but not so much now."

Jill hesitated and then, "What do you mean?"

"I died five years ago. My soul was heading for the light to be united with my wife and daughter."

I paused and suddenly became very sad. I stared at the people walking around us, enjoying the evening. As I stood there all I could see was my wife and daughter. I could still hear my daughter calling me, "Hurry dad, we're waiting for you." Tears began to freely run down my face.

Jill touch his arm, "What happened Bob?"

"A voice told me it wasn't my time, that I was too fucking important. Up until about five minutes ago, I thought I hallucinated the whole thing?"

"What do you think now?"

"I'm not sure, but this dimensional phase thing can't be a coincidence."

"What if I told you, you didn't have a hallucination and you could meet the voice that spoke to you?"

I smiled for the first time in what seemed like forever, "Then I'd say you were planning to murder me."

Jill smiled back, "Not quite that dramatic, but to meet that voice you would have to leave your current life behind. Are you willing to do that?"

I looked hard at her, "What exactly do you mean, leave my current life behind?"

"If you travel to meet him, you can't come back to this life."

"Well where the hell is he?"

Jill smiled again, "Right now about 1.2 of your light years from Earth."

My eyes must have been so wide, they were in danger of popping out of my head, "Are you telling me you're an extraterrestrial?"

Jill was serious, "Well I'm half, my father isn't from Earth, but my mother was."

Interesting how she referred to her father in the present tense and her mother in the past.

Jill continued, "Remember I told you I was 1600 Earth years old? I was born just after the fall of the Roman empire. My mother died of the Black Plague when I was three. My father came for me and raised me, off planet. I've been back for the past 200 years. He wanted me to get acclimated to my home world. That wasn't easy after 1400 years. Earth, in many ways, is quite primitive and barbaric. Even now, humans haven't figured out how to get along or solve problems without killing each other. But that's another conversation for another time."

I was more than curious, "How old is your father?"

"Oh geez, I have no idea. All I know is he came to this planet for the first time about 15,000 years ago."

I almost stumbled, "15,000 years ago? That's before the Sumerians. Man was still a hunter/gather society. Why would he come here then?"

"If you come with me, you can ask him."

"Was your father the voice I heard that made me go back to this life?" I said with some heat in my voice.

"Calm down big guy, no he is not the voice, but he has been looking for you too."

"Why would your father be fucking interested in me?"

Jill look embarrassed, "Bob, I'm sorry, truly I am, I've said too much. If you want the answers to all your questions, come with me."

"But I have to leave my life behind..."

Jill's answer was simple yet absolute, "Yes."

I turned my back to Jill. Looking out of the dimensional enclosure, I thought about what I would be leaving behind. No family to think of. I had closed myself off, from the world, since the accident, so no true friends either. Would Texas first responders get the legislation they needed without me? I was sure they would. What did I have to lose? More importantly, what did I have to gain? At minimum, I would gain answers and possibly answers I had been seeking for five long years.

I turned back and faced her, "Ok."

"Ok? You'll come with me?"

"Yes."

She laughed, "Damn, it takes you awhile to get there, but once you're there, you're there."

"Yep."

Chapter Two -- A Second Death

"Before we go, we need to fake your death."

"I knew you were planning to murder me."

Jill smirked, "You caught me. I think it would be best, if there were no lingering questions. A massive heart attack, caused by the stress on your body since the accident, should suffice."

In the next instant the enclosure was gone and we were back in the hustle and bustle of the real world, or at least what I had always thought was the real world.

Jill said, "Follow me."

We walked up the street towards my hotel. She led me into the hotel's parking garage, to a black panel van, parked in a remote spot. There wasn't another car within 10 spaces of the van. Jill knocked on the side door. The door opened and a giant of a man stepped out. He had to be at least six foot seven, and weighing well over 300 lbs., but not one iota of fat, muscle on muscle. I'm just over six feet tall and felt like a small child next to this man. His hair was very curly and jet black. His hair and full beard famed two eyes that were the most penetrating I'd ever seen. They say the eyes are the gateway to the soul. His eyes expressed the oldest soul I'd ever encountered. They were alert, yet kind; however ready to defend an attack with whatever force was necessary. I have seen this look on a handful of men in my life, either in combat or the police force, but his look put them all to shame. This was a man you didn't want to fuck with.

"Bob this is Hank. He's my partner in your murder."

I was really beginning to like Jill. She just dropped a couple of gigantic bombs on me, changing my entire life and still had a sense of humor.

I extended my hand to Hank, "It's a pleasure to meet you."

His hand completely enveloped mine, his touch was firm, but not overpowering. He exhibited a kindness within his handshake. "It's great to finally meet you."

Finally meet me? Man did I have a lot of questions.

"I'm not going to lie to you, this procedure is somewhat dangerous. Hank will do a complete body scan of you, then we'll create a carbon copy. Next we'll have to transfuse a sufficient amount of your blood to make a coroner believe it's actually you. Then Hank will place the body in your hotel room and stage it to look like a heart attack. Questions?" Jill just stood there looking at me.

"You said it was somewhat dangerous. What part of the procedure would you classify in that category?" I was bewildered.

"We'll need to draw about two and a half liters of blood from you. That's right at the point where you may or may not survive." Jill was almost clinical.

"And if I die, will my soul be returned to my body, like the last time?" I said with more than a little acid in my voice.

"No. This time you'll be dead. But the odds are in your favor you'll survive." Jill wasn't sugarcoating anything.

A slight smile appeared on my face, "Hank, what odds would you give me?"

Hank kinda shrugged his shoulders, "How would I know, I've never done this before. But and this is the big but... I trust Jill."

They both just looked at me. I stood there and thought about life in general, then the light and my daughter's voice calling me. "Oh what the hell, I should have died five years ago. Let's get this done. Do I need to sign release forms or anything?"

Jill and Hank looked at each other and then broke out in laughter. Hank replied, "Forms? We don't need no stinking forms."

Did he just play off a scene from Mel Brooks "Blazing Saddles?"

I looked at him dumbfounded, "Screwing with movie quotes just before you kill me? What the fuck?" We both broke out in laughter again. I really hope I survive this, cause I really liked Hank and wanted to get to know him.

Hank asked me to step into the van. I guess more accurately I stepped through the van. It was actually a doorway to another room. This room was more like an operating room or laboratory. There were two tables and all kinds of equipment that looked "alien" to me.

Homer21stC
Homer21stC
137 Followers