The Ultimate Sacrifice Pt. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Hank then said to no one in particular, "Request permission to come aboard."

The look on my face had to be priceless. But it developed a new form of priceless when someone responded, "Permission granted great Heracles." The vehicle then descended slowly, entering a landing bay and gently touched down. There wasn't an opening of a door, no water came rushing in. One second we're in the lake, the next we're entering the landing bay.

Jill must have noticed my confusion when she said, "It's similar the the dimensional phasing, except this allows us to move through sold objects."

Chapter four -- The Greys

Looking around the bay, I see two small figures approaching. They are the perfect description of "Greys" I've read about. They appear to be about four feet tall. As expected their skin was grey, thus the name. Neither had a nose, ears or mouth, which was interesting because they had a somewhat large head and disproportionately large black eyes.

We stepped out of the AKC and Jill approached the two aliens. I could hear them talking, but couldn't figure out how they were speaking.

I saw one turn his (or her, they weren't wearing clothing but neither had any sex organs) head towards me and say, "We do not communicate verbally."

At that point I realized they communicate via thought or telepathy, which means they could read my mind. That unnerved me a bit. I then heard the alien say, "I am Bron and I promise none will invade your inner thoughts. You honor us with your visit to our base of operations."

I figured when in Rome..."I'm Bob and thank you for allowing me aboard."

"Please allow us to give you a tour."

"I'd love one," I communicated through thought.

Bron and his companion, Thret, proceeded to give me the nickel tour of the facility. It was immaculately clean, but somewhat sterile. Thret told me they were a minimalist society. They didn't have an appreciation for art or things like humans. Living quarters resembled barracks more than apartments. Both assured me they were very comfortable with their living conditions. There was no eating facility and they explained they absorb nutrients through their skin. It was fascinating. The facility had three landing bays, two small ones and one very large one. I was curious what kind of crafts used those bays. Bron assured me I would see very soon.

Finally we ended up in the control center. Jill and Hank didn't take the tour but met us there. Another dozen or so "Greys" were manning various stations. The side walls and ceiling was one giant liquid monitor. It was currently focused on a location in space. Thret told me it was the dark side of Io, one of the planet Jupiter's larger moons. He explained this was where most extraterrestrial civilizations staged their observations of Earth.

"Is Earth constantly under observation?" I asked out loud.

Jill answered for the group, "Earth has been under constant observation since before the Egyptian Pharaohs."

I looked at Bron, "Was the Roswell crash one of yours?"

Bron responded telepathically, "Yes unfortunately we made the mistake in making our presence known to your government."

"So the US government knows this facility exists?"

Jill answered again, "Oh hell no! They know the Greys exist but they think Roswell was a rare encounter. It did kick off various DOD projects to try to identify more extraterrestrial encounters, but we're pretty good at not exposing ourselves. Another unfortunate result in Roswell was it scared the hell out of the government. They've used it as an excuse to build weapons to protect the Earth from an alien threat. There are two major problems with that line of thinking. One, not all "quote" aliens are a danger and two, those who are, humans are hilariously inadequate to protect themselves."

I was getting more afraid of the future by the minute.

Suddenly I was very tired and weak. I dropped to my knees, not able to stand anymore. Hank was immediately at my side, supporting me. I felt like an infant in his arms.

Jill rushed over to me with concern written all over her face.

"All of a sudden I'm very tired."

"We pushed you too hard so soon after the transfusion. Hank, let's get Bob back to the cabin and back in bed."

I looked over at Bron and a Thret and telepathically said, "I'm so sorry. It was an honor meeting you. Thank you so much for the tour. Hopefully we'll get to spend more time together soon."

Bron responded, "The honor was all ours. We look forward to our next encounter. Please get well soon. We all very much need you. You are very important to us all."

Geez, I wish everyone would quit saying that.

Hank carried me to the AKC. I must have passed out from exhaustion, because the next thing I remembered was waking up in the cabin bed.

Chapter five -- The Wait

It took me a couple of weeks to get back to feeling 100%. I slept a lot. When I wasn't sleeping, I walked through the forest, kayaking on the lake, even spent time with the Greys under the lake. More importantly, I got to know Jill and Hank much better. Hank turned out to be quite the chef, but then again, Jill could hold her own in the kitchen. I still didn't know why everyone thought I was so damned important. They all asked me to quit pushing after I'd asked for say...the thousandth time. I also watched Jill and Hank go through their workout routines. Jill liked to run...fast. The first day I caught her running, Hank and I were sitting on the cabin porch. I saw a blur moving through the trees. I asked Hank if he knew what it was. He told me it was Jill going for her morning run.

"She runs about 200 miles every morning."

"What? How long does it take her?"

"Oh about an hour." Hank said matter-of-factly.

"Close the front door! That's 200 miles an hour!" I exclaimed.

Hank shrugged his shoulders, "Yea, I keep telling her to quit jogging. Slacker."

I gave him a look like he had three heads. He just snickered.

When she was finished she hadn't broken a sweat and her breathing was normal. Maybe she was a slacker. That was a frightening thought.

But if Jill's speed made me uneasy, Hank's strength was earth shattering. I watched him carry around 10 ton boulders like they were pebbles. Maybe he was slacking too.

One day when we were sitting around having drinks I asked Hank, "I've noticed you're not struggling during your workouts. Are you holding back?"

Again Hank shrugged his shoulders, "There isn't anything on the property that can really challenge me. If I want a good workout, the Greys have some machines that replicate the appropriate weight that I need for a good workout."

"What would that look like?"

He took a sip of whatever he was drinking, "The planet."

"Under Earth gravitational conditions, you could dead lift the planet?"

"Yeah," was all he said.

What was I doing here?

"Is Jill as strong as you?"

"She's much stronger than the strongest human, but no, she isn't close to my strength. But, I'm not nearly as fast as her either. Each of us have our own gifts. Even though we shared the same father and therefore our gifts are extreme by human standards, our specific gifts appear to come from our mothers."

"The more I get to know y'all, the more I wonder how you can think I'm so damned important."

Hank looked at me for what seemed like hours and then said, "It's because your gift is self sacrifice. You'll do whatever you have to in order to protect those that need protecting."

"Hank, can you just shut the fuck up?" Jill came around the corner. "We're not authorized to discuss this!"

"Jill, we yank this man from his life, after the tragedy he has endured and he's expected to just wait until our father decides what he should know? That's not fair to him!"

Jill just stared at her brother and after what seemed to be an eternity, her face began to soften. I thought about how hot she looked when she was mad and then how beautiful she was when she calmed down.

She thought for a moment. Zeus told her to make contact, ascertain if he was willing to meet, bring him to the cabin and wait for their arrival. He never said they couldn't talk to him or what they could talk about. She knew the bombshell they were going to drop on him should come from the ancient ones. She decided to try to explain some but not too much.

"Bob, you're desperately needed for gifts you not only possess in this life, but in past lives. During your first talk with Hank he cited several examples how you saved and protected those who couldn't, in this life. Even those Marines needed you in that moment. I know you had to do things and people died, but it was the bad people that died and you saved the good ones. These gifts are ingrained in your soul. In your past lives you have exhibited other selfless acts of bravery. Please don't ask me to detail them. When you meet with Zeus, Apollo, Athena and Hades I'm sure they will give you a clearer picture. Just know this world is going to need you as much as it's going to need Hank and me and some others. Will that suffice for now? Will you stop trying to pry more information from us?"

I was kinda stuck on the "past lives" comment. Did that mean reincarnation was a reality? I thought about what Jill had just said. Finally, "The two of you have treated me with nothing but respect, kindness and friendship. I'm sorry I keep pushing. I'll try to be patient and back off."

Hank walked over to me, picked me up and gave me a great big-o bear hug. "Uh Hank, I can't breath."

"Oops, my bad." Hank said as he put me down.

Jill walked up to me, gently put her hands on each side of my cheeks and gave me a deep and sensual kiss. When our lips parted Jill simply said, "Thank you." My erection said "Thank you" back. She look down at me and then back up with a smile. I thought I was too old to be shocked by a woman's kiss. Guess not, besides in all fairness Jill is a demigod. Maybe it was one of her gifts, you know like a siren or something. Then again maybe I've got the hots for her. I thought about our age difference and that made me laugh.

"What's so funny?" Jill said a little confused.

"I was just thinking I was too old for you. Then I thought nope, I'm probably too young."

All three of us enjoyed a chuckle. Any tension there was had vanished.

For the next week, we settled into a routine, sleep, eat, workout and talk. I sensed we were becoming very close. I hoped they felt the same. I looked up to Hank. He embodied the kind of man I always wanted to be. Strong, secure, independent yet caring and sensitive. It was the sensitive part that I had always struggled with. Maybe it took Hank 3,600 years to discover it, who knows.

Jill was something completely different. She had all of Hanks personality traits but add a huge dose of sexuality to the mix. How could any man not be attracted to her? I was trying to keep the relationship respectful, but each passing day seemed harder. She didn't make it easy. Ever since our "kiss" she touched me more. When I caught her looking at me, she would shyly smile and turn away. She could literally have any man she wanted, yet she was flirting with me. I don't know maybe it's like the song said, "If you can't be with the one you love, love the one you're with." That made me think, in 1,600 years had she ever been in love? Maybe to another god, maybe in the last 200 years, a human. No way a human has a happy ending. And what about children? She's never mentioned any.

The next time Hank and I were sitting on the front porch, drinking our coffee, I asked, "Has Jill ever been in love?" Hell why not just come right out with it.

Hank took a sip of hot Joe before he answered, "Good question, I don't really know. She's never talked about another man. To be honest, she's flirted more with you than anyone else I think of."

"Thanks, at least now I know my flirt-dar isn't broken. But why would she flirt with me?"

Hank smiled then took another sip of coffee, "Because my friend, Jill is in love with you."

I wasn't expecting that response. It rocked me to my core. "Sorry, I don't get it," was all I could say.

"Granted, she won't admit it to herself, but she is," he looked at me waiting for a response.

"Why are you telling me this?"

"Because, my friend, you're in love with her, you just won't admit it either."

"Are you Heracles or Eros?" Smart ass was in my DNA.

"Oh I don't need to be that little turd to see two people who love each other." Hank has a bit of smart ass in him as well.

"Hank I loved two women for over 20 years. I lost my wife and daughter five years ago. In the end I couldn't protect the two people I loved most, in this world. I don't deserve that kind of love again. Besides, I'm over 60, I know Jill would outlive any human, but geez, I'm already used up. And while we're talking, this crap about me being so important because of my so called gift of self sacrifice is a total crock. I've been in the wrong place at the right time, several times in my life, and just reacted. Thank my parents for raising me with solid morals, not something that's hardwired into my soul. This conversation was a real mood killer.

Hank sat there and just stared at me for what seemed like hours, but in reality was only about 30 seconds. He abruptly stood up and said, "Don't move, I'll be right back." All I can say is when Heracles says "don't move" I'm not going anywhere. Hank walked into the cabin, abandoning me to the serenity of the front porch. It was a little weird. Hank was gone about 15 minutes, when he came back out and stood in front of me.

"Bob do you trust me?"

I looked up (way up), "Completely."

"Then stand up and take my hand." I did as instructed, all of a sudden we were standing in the underwater base operations control room.

"So I guess using the AKC was just for fun." Hank just shrugged his shoulders.

There was a recliner in the middle of the room. Bron asked me to take a seat.

The monitor then began playing a newscast. I recognized it as a local station in Dallas.

They had just come back from a commercial and the anchor led off, "Tonight we have an unexpected unsung heroes segment. Several days ago an anonymous call came into the station strongly suggesting we send a camera crew and reporter to a local funeral. The funeral was being held for a Mr. Bob Davis of Dallas. If you've never heard of him, neither had we. We almost didn't go, but in hindsight, we're very glad we did."

The female co-anchor took over, "When our crew arrived at the Richardson United Methodist Church they found over a thousand people there to pay their respects. To give you some background Bob Davis was a retired Marine Corp. Gunnery Sgt, a retired Dallas PD detective and was currently representing first responders with Congressional legislation. Mr. Davis tragically lost his wife and only daughter when their truck was struck by a commercial semi, five years ago, during a severe rain storm. Mr. Davis was seriously injured in the accident, spent three months in a coma, and ultimately surrendered to his injuries while in the nation's capital last week."

The Greys must have recorded this a week after I arrived.

The male anchor continued, "Obviously we wanted to know more about this man. Our reporter, Jake Simpson, talked with many who were in attendance. Their stories of Detective Davis' heroism and sacrifice are too great to cover in this short segment. We do however, want to show you a few that represent a consensus."

I was paralyzed but wanted to run as far away as possible. I didn't want to watch this and inside, my flee for fight syndrome was waging a world war. Ultimately I couldn't "not" watch it, so I guess fight won.

The video switches to a tremendous crowed inside and outside the church. Jake is talking to a man who is about 60 years old, "What is your name and how do you know Mr. Davis?" Jake starts off.

"My name is Pete Peterson and I was a high school classmate of Bob's. I'm sad to say Bob and I lost touch after high school. He went to the Texas State and I went to Baylor."

I sat more upright in the chair. I hadn't seen or heard from Pete in over 30 years.

Jake continued, "What kind of impact did Mr. Davis have on your life?"

Pete looked down, paused, then regained control over his emotions, "I was a nerd in high school. The football team looked at me as their favorite toy to bully. Bob protected not only me but anyone who was unjustly treated. That included other nerds, girls who were constantly harassed, even teachers who were targeted. It cost him a week's suspension once for punching out Sean Broadman, the starring quarterback. The world is a lessor place without Bob Davis in it."

The man standing next to Pete spoke up, "I'm Sean Broadman. Thanks to Bob, Pete and I have become friends and actually run a website together to combat bullying. Taking a hit from Bob Davis was probably the single best thing that ever happened to me. He really woke my ass up to what kind of jerk I had become. My only regret is I never got a chance to thank him."

Jake thanked Pete and Sean, next he spoke to an attractive female also about the same age, "Can you please tell me your name and why you've come to repay your respects to Mr. Davis?"

"My name is Vivian Black and Bob and I were classmates at Texas State."

Vivian paused for a moment, wiped her eyes with a Kleenex tissue, "our freshman year, Bob was with a friend at a party hosted by one of the fraternities. I was there with another friend. Late in the evening, one of the frat boys slipped a date rape drug into my drink. I don't remember much of it, but from what I was told, they got me into one of the rooms with the intentions of gang banging me."

I shifted uncomfortably in the chair.

Vivian continued, "Apparently Bob had just used the restroom and was headed back downstairs when he walked by the room and saw the gathering. When he figured out what was going on, he burst into the room, fought a couple of frat boys and got me out and back with my friends. We were able to escape, but Bob didn't make it out until they had given him a beating. He literally saved my life. How could I not be here?"

Jake simply said, "Thank you."

He continued, "There is also a contingent of up to two hundred former members of the Marine Corp. and their families. All they would say is that they owed their lives to Gunnery Sgt Davis, but none would go on camera or provide any more details. Also police officers and retired officers from all over the metroplex are here to support their fallen comrade."

"Finally I talked to the father of a young girl who was victim of sex trafficking."

The camera then switched to somber man in his 40's, "I'd rather not say my name or my daughter's. Detective Davis saved my baby girl and 26 others from sex traffickers, six years ago." The man broke into tears, "If it hadn't been for him, my baby would be dead now after years of being raped. I'm so sorry he is no longer here. Who will protect them now?"

Jake thanked the man and the camera turned on just him, "Gunnery Sgt, Detective, husband, father, friend. Bob Davis accepted all these roles not to gain favor or fame but to protect those who desperately needed protection. He never did it for recognition or financial gain. The Bob Davis' of the world help to make it a safer place... there just isn't enough of them. This is Jake Simpson with channel 8 news."

The camera switched back to the station showing both anchors dabbing their eyes with a hanky. All the female anchor could get out was, "We'll be right back." The station then broke to a commercial.

The monitor turned off. I sat there, stunned, my face drenched in tears. "I could have done more, I should have done more."

Hank put his enormous hand on my shoulder, "The good guys always say that. Your life's not over, there's still more to do."