The Uncertain Gift

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Khandi had a light brown skin tone with a perfect complexion, making her look like she had a permanent deep tan. This was a result of her black mother and her white father, both of whom Mindy had met, and both were absolutely gorgeous. Khandi was like the offspring of Halle Berry and Hugh Jackman and she would absolutely look fantastic in a black leather X-Men outfit. Her figure was toned and fit, and she was always one to keep up appearances.

"I don't think so babe," Khandi said with a smile. "I've seen you turn a few heads too of late. How's Sam enjoying the fruits of your labors?"

"Well, it's good. Things are still working."

"Oh sweetie, that doesn't sound like you're making sparks fly. Come tell mama about it while we warm up on the ellipticals."

They were in luck; there were two gliders open next to one another. They were sandwiched between an older man, perhaps in his late 50's on one side who was watching the news on the wall mount TV, and a young fit man probably in his late twenties on the other. The young man was zoned out with ear-bud headphones on, with an iPod strapped to his arm.

"Alright, how many times have you and Sam had sex so far this year? Its May 7th today, so we're about 128 days into the year," Khandi said bluntly.

"Umm, you don't waste time," Mindy said. "And how did you calculate that so fast?"

"No time to waste sweet-cheeks, we're talking about the happiness of your vagina here. You want a happy vagina, don't you?" Khandi asked, looking Mindy in the eye with a serious expression.

Mindy noticed the older man's eyebrows raise up his forehead and he very pointedly was staring at the TV.

"I couldn't possibly know," Mindy said.

"Let's start half way then, this assumes you fool around every other day. 64 times?" Khandi asked.

"Surely not."

"Oh yeah, the 'kid factor'. Ok, let's start again at one-quarter. 32 times?"

"Hey, don't forget who's trying to have kids. You'll understand what it's like then."

"32?" Khandi persisted.

"Hmm. Let's see, May 5, so we're about 18 weeks into the year, which means about twice a week," Mindy voice trailed off. "No."

"No to twice a week?" Khandi said, raising her eyebrows. "Once a week?"

" Maybe. Well probably not that many."

"Oh baby, your vagina must be ready to disown you!" Khandi said. "Are you masturbating enough?"

"Khandi!" Mindy said in a hushed shout, nodding over to the old man, whose eyebrows were now above his receding hairline. She noted that he wasn't making a move to leave the area. Dirty bastard!

"Pfft! This is the most action he's seen in a while," Khandi whispered.

"Ok, occasionally I'm taking care of things," Mindy offered.

"How about Sam, what's his deal?"

"He's a guy, I'm sure shower time involves more than washing his hair."

"OK, enough. Let's move over to the exercise balls," Khandi said, getting off the glider. "Hey fellow, did you enjoy that?" she called over to the old guy.

He kept his eyes on the TV, but did shake his head 'yes'.

Khandi smiled at Mindy as they walked to the aerobic area. Mindy sighed.

"Tell me, are you and Sam alright?"

"Of course, yeah, we're good."

"There must be something. Is he working a lot? Is he giving it to the secretary?"

"No." Mindy gave Khandi a level look.

"Then what?"

"Well, the kids keep us busy; their schedules are always so hectic. And taking care of other stuff..."

"Oh that's bullshit! Sure, I know the kids have schedules. But that's what they are, schedules, you know exactly what time you are doing those things. And in turn, make your own schedule, put it in your iPhone tasks '11 PM - fuck husband'. There, schedule made, get it done!"

Khandi finished her speech as if a peace treaty had been signed, and a resolution agreed to.

"It's not that simple," Mindy said.

"Of course it is. You're the one making it hard. Or maybe Sam is - or the both of you. Either way, find the time when your schedules cross, and make some hot lovin'. The immediate and long-term benefits of sex are uncountable; health, metabolism, weight loss, happier marriage, increased energy. I can get more specific if you like."

"No, no, I get all that," Mindy said. "It's not that I don't... we don't want to. I think maybe the spark has fizzled of late, like we're just going through a rough spot."

"Ah, now we're getting somewhere. I see, so the motivation is low, so the priority is not high. You'd rather re-arrange your sock drawer than have sex," Khandi said matter-of-factly.

"It's not that I'd rather, just that... we're in a lull or something. We'll get through it."

"When was the last time you had a really good orgasm?"

She paused before answering. "Valentines. Well, a week after Valentines when we finally got a chance to spend a few minutes together."

"Ok, tell Khandi what happened," Khandi said. "What did you get each other?"

Mindy didn't say anything at first. She lay back on an exercise ball, doing a fly exercise with dumbbells.

"You know Mindy, your really do have some fine tits don't you," she laughed. "I can't believe Sam isn't all over them all the time."

"Would you please cool it," Mindy said, nodding to a good-looking thirty-something who had just walked by, who without a doubt heard the comment.

"So then? What did you guys give each other?"

"Sam got me a manicure gift certificate," Mindy said while Khandi nodded appreciatively. "And a DVD."

"Porn?" Khandi asked in a flat voice.

"Yes."

Khandi sighed. "What did you give to him?"

"I got him something from Adam & Eve mail order," Mindy offered, beginning another set on the exercise ball.

"Nice, this sounds promising. Maybe the spice you two need?" Khandi said hopefully.

"It was a 'kink box', a beginner level."

"So what. I'm sure it's a good place to start. Well?"

"It has a blindfold and handcuffs."

"That fun!" Khandi said, a smile appearing on her face. "Adrien and I have some handcuffs, and they're always a good time."

Mindy pushed out a few more reps.

Khandi's face fell, "You haven't used them, have you?"

"Nope."

"Ok, who were they for? I mean, I know you gave them to him, but were they for him to be locked up, or were they for him to lock you up?"

"I didn't say, I thought something would just happen."

"Oh baby. I won't side with Sam on this, but being clear is good too. I'd say by now something should have happened with them one way or another. He probably doesn't know what to do with them."

"Yea, they're in the drawer with the other stuff," Mindy said.

Khandi's ears perked up. "Other stuff? Do tell."

"What, do you want to come over and inventory 'the drawer'?"

"If I have to. Now what else do you have?"

"If you must know we have some basic stuff. You know, like a couple of toys, a rubber dildo, and a vibe."

"And do you use them?" Khandi asked.

"Well, I do. Sometimes."

"But not with Sam?"

"No, not really."

"But why? There's at least part of your problem. While you know what do with them, you're missing all the fun of using them together. It opens up a whole new world of exploration," Khandi said. "Remember it is not always about chasing an orgasm, it's about the journey to the orgasm. The sensations, the closeness."

"I know. I'm sure Sam does too, we just haven't met in the middle on it yet. It'll happen, I'm sure," Mindy said.

"Don't be so sure. There comes a time when you have to make it happen, or set up a scenario where it does happen," Khandi said confidently.

"Ok, and what else do you have in the drawer? Don't hold back. I'll know," Khandi stated.

Mindy pursed her lips. "Some lube, a couple of erotic books. You know."

"You're holding out," Khandi said in a sing-song tone.

"Ok, ok. We have a couple of bum toys."

Khandi nodded appreciatively, smiling. "There we go."

"Still in the package," Mindy said.

Khandi's expression crumbled.

"Girl, you've got the beginnings of a spark, a fire even, to ignite your sex life with Sam again. I know how you guys were before your kids; you were like rabbits. You can be that way again. You know how good the sex can be; and that leads to things being better all around. If you can work in a few toys, and have some fun with them, then a whole world of toys and kink await you. The options are endless, and some of them can be really fun. Believe me, there's some real great toys me and Adrien have tried..."

"Ok, alright," Mindy cut in.

"Seriously though, the toys are a great addition to a healthy sex life. They are there to enjoy, and the two of you can shop for them together, make it a fun experience. I used to get nervous going into those shops, embarrassed or something, but now I feel its kind of liberating, and exciting," Khandi said. "If I'm in there holding a huge dildo, I don't give a shit if there's some creepy guy off in the corner watching me. I'm going to enjoy what I'm going to enjoy. I am woman. You are woman."

"I hear you. I suppose you're right. You know what, I'll do it. I'll surprise Sam and handcuff him soon. Next chance we get," Mindy said.

"That's the spirit!" Khandi said.

"Enough sex talk. I feel like I've just had a session with a sex therapist."

"You did, 'Khandi's Sex Advice'. I only have one client at the moment."

Mindy smiled. "Thanks, I think."

"You think? You know. Just wait. Hey, what are you doing Friday night? I'm getting together for drinks with the girls from the salon. You want to join us at Via's?"

Mindy thought about it for a moment then said, "Sure, I might as well. All the boys are away this weekend, so a late night won't hurt!"

"Yea, I heard Sam is picking Adrien up at the crack of dawn. Where are Adam and Timmy?"

Adam is going to New Hampshire with a friend for the weekend, and Timmy is with the grandparents. He's going to the Sox game Saturday."

"Nice! A day to yourself huh?"

"Yea, what are you up to?" Mindy asked.

"I'm heading to my parents for a visit."

"Ok, I think I'll Redbox something, and get some sushi."

"Wait sweetie, I have a better idea," Khandi said, a bit of mischief in her eye. "You know how Adrien occasionally has to head out west to visit that client? Well, he got me something to keep me occupied when he's away. I'll bring it on Friday. You can try it out this weekend."

"I'm not borrowing your sex toys, Khandi," Mindy said shaking her head.

"No, this is different, wait and see."

Chapter 3

"What time will we get back on Sunday?" Sam asked.

"Talk over lunch. What's the menu today? Chinese buffet?" Adrien responded.

"No way, grosses me out. How about that new pub over by the mall?" Sam said.

"Fine. If they are anything like the old pub by the mall you'll owe me lunch money."

"Deal," said Sam. "You drive."

The restaurant was called 'Castle Wall' and looked suspiciously like a British Beer Company on the inside and out. It opened a month back, and everything had a new, rustic, Euro feel about it. The staff was friendly and full of new job spunk.

They sat at the bar facing a wide screen TV that had ESPN news on. They both ordered fish and chips.

"OK. We need to be at the Hyannis docks at 8:15 AM Saturday. The tide will be in, so we'll be able to cruise right out. Lenny said he would be there by 7 to make sure the gear is all loaded and secure," Adrien said.

"Sounds good," Sam said.

"We'll fish west of Nantucket, he knows a spot, then spend the night at Steve's place on the island. He's got a small oyster farm over there, and he was looking for a few bodies to help harvest some."

"Steve, huh?" Sam said. "Isn't he kind of a dick? He's the guy we met a couple summers back in Falmouth, right? The womanizer."

"He's a dick, yes. But Lenny is buddies with him. I guess he's loaded and his place is huge. We'll just hang out and have drinks, play pool, swim on a private beach, whatever. Then we'll help him for a few hours in the morning. Steve owns a restaurant and we'll get as many oysters as we can eat."

"Alright, sounds fine I guess. I'm thinking we leave your place by 6, grab some coffee and hit the road. We should be there by 8."

"Perfect."

"Will Khandi survive without you for a whole weekend?" Sam said with a grin.

"Saturday she's heading to her parents. Her mom is a sweetie, don't get me wrong, but I don't want to spend the evening over there if I can help it," Adrien said. "How about you, what's Mindy up to?"

"She has a free weekend! My parents are picking up Timmy Friday and taking him into Boston on Saturday. Adam is heading up to Hampton Beach with a friend. We all get a break from one another," Sam chuckled.

Just then a voice from behind them yelled, "Hey, what up guys!"

It was Fred and some guy they didn't recognize. Fred worked at the computer repair shop a block down from their office.

'What a total douche,' Sam thought.

Adrien had once said that Fred needed a punch in the face just for being. Sam wholeheartedly agreed. Fred's natural tendencies were to be obnoxious and rude at every chance. In addition, the idea of an internal filter had never occurred to him.

"Hey Freddie, how are things in the shop," Adrien asked politely.

"Fucking awesome, dude," Freddie chuckled. "Hey, I want you to meet the new guy, Bill. He's an OS and hardware guy, good at hacking computers that come in for service. You should see some of the sick shit he finds on people's computers. In truth though, nothing as bad as some of the shit you'd find on mine! Ha ha!"

A couple years back Fred was fired from where Sam and Adrien worked because he liked to stream porn whenever he tested anti-virus software. He claimed it was the perfect way to test the settings. Management didn't buy into that theory.

"Nice to meet you Bill," they said in unison.

'Bill looks like he needs a punch in the face too,' Sam thought.

"You guys busy tomorrow night? Bill is new to the area so I'm taking him to see some random titties. The more the merrier!" Fred said enthusiastically.

He said this a little too loud and a few of the female wait staff walked away shaking their heads in disgust.

"Sorry man, we're signed up to help my mother-in-law dig up her yard at the crack of dawn. I think we'll have an early night," Adrien said.

"What the fuck dude, seriously? Ok, you're missing out. The new tittie bar is supposed to be happenin'. Catch you guys later," Fred said, walking out with Bill in tow.

"Good save," Sam whispered.

"Sorry ladies," Adrien said to the waitresses within earshot. "Fred is a moron and someone will beat him up soon I'm sure."

They smiled, thankful for the comment.

Their fish and chips arrived, and they set to with malt vinegar and black pepper.

"You remember a couple years back when I kept going on those trips to our client in Santa Clara?" Adrien asked.

"Sure. I got screwed out of that trip every time."

"Well, Khandi never wanted me to go," Adrien said.

"I never wanted you to go either. I always missed you so much," Sam said.

"Nice," Adrien laughed. "Anyway, to keep her busy I borrowed a sensory simulator headset from a tech guy I know. You know the ones that completely block out light and sound. The user then only sees and hears what you pump into it. This one makes it seem like you are in the movie."

"Sounds like a cool toy," Sam said, shaking malt vinegar onto his fries. "So you can be in a nature video with a bear in Yellowstone Park. Can you hear it as it is eating you?"

"This one is in special, advance prototype, not on the market yet: 4D high def, amazing surround audio. And if you know where to look, you can get something a little more interesting than a walk in the park," Adrien smiled. "My buddy can get some great porn for it. So I loaded a few hard-core movies on it and told her it was loaded with National Geographic nature specials. She loves that stuff."

"Nice trick," Sam laughed. "How'd that go over?"

"She jumped me when I got back! The sex was crazy. Worked like a charm," Adrien grinned. "I told her I wanted her to keep busy while I wasn't around."

"Wow," Sam said chuckling. "Why did you tell me all that?"

"How are you and Mindy doing? You seem pretty low key every since Adam was born."

"Things are fine," Sam said. "Wait, what is this all about?"

"You know Sam, one thing Khandi and I swore on long ago was to keep it interesting and never to let things go stale. Are you guys keeping things fresh?"

"Ugh. What did my wife say to Khandi?" Sam asked.

"Nothing. I'm just checking in on you," Adrien said.

"Adrien, we're fine. We have kids, so we do what we can," Sam responded.

"I'm telling you man, you've seemed a bit different of late. I can't pinpoint it. Khandi's noticed the same in Mindy," Adrien said.

"So Khandi has you checking in on our sex life?"

"She's just concerned for you guys," he said. "And I guess I can say the same. You two are like family."

"Thanks, same goes for the two of you. Mindy and I are fine."

Adrien let it go and watched the Red Sox highlights on the wide screen.

Sam couldn't fall asleep right away that night. He kept thinking of what Adrien said, and thought of his love Mindy.

Chapter 4

Friday nights at Via's are chaotic. The popular Italian restaurant has great food and is located on a hip stretch of road. Mindy checked her car in with valet and went in. She had worn a nice dress; not a 'fuck me I'm single' dress, or a 'looking for a relationship' dress, but an 'I'm taken' dress with a pretty flower pattern.

Immediately she saw the girls at the end of the bar. Khandi was leaning over the bar talking into the bartenders ear. The other three women chatted, each with a glass of wine in hand giggling away. Mindy recognized them as the girls from Khandi's salon. Sally, Jessie, and Coraline, each with perfect hair and wearing a little too much make up.

"Mindy!" Jessie yelled as she approached. "How are you!"

The girls collapsed on her with fake hugs and kisses all around. Khandi must have seen Mindy come in because she was carrying two drinks.

"Hey babe," Khandi said, handing her a glass. "Glad you made it!"

"Yea, this is nice having some time to let loose a bit." She took a sip of the wine.

Sally was recounting to Coraline about the crazy old woman that came into the shop. "Oh my god! This old bag must have been 90! She came in like she was the best thing this side of Heidi Klum and wanted 'the works'. Hair, nails, wax, you name it. Then she told us about the big weekend of sex and dancing she getting ready for with her man. She was funny! And very creepy."

"Oh be nice!" Jessie said. "Mrs. Addams is super sweet. Totally bat shit crazy, but sweet. Plus she tips really well."

"I suppose. She certainly knows how to put on a show!"

"So Mindy, what have you and Sam been up to? It's been so long since we've seen you guys," Jessie said.

"We've been good. It's all work and kids. How are you and... Erik?"

"Erik is old news. He didn't work out so well. After a few months all he wanted was sex and more sex."

"Is that bad?" Mindy asked.

Khandi spoke up first, "He wanted sex alright, but not from her."

Sally and Coraline burst out laughing.

"I don't see how it's funny. He was so nice, and turned out to be the biggest jerk I've ever met!" Jessie said incredulously.

Mindy smiled, not sure if she should console Jessie, or join in the laughter.

"Mindy, can I borrow your phone, I left mine in the car," Khandi asked. Mindy handed it over without question.

"So how is Sam?" Coraline asked.

"He's still working over at the plaza doing web design," Mindy said. "This weekend he's heading to the Cape to fish and harvest oysters, so he's got himself a free weekend."