The Unlikely Quarterback Ch. 07

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"We just came by to check on Delilah and let her know that my lawyers are going to represent her and the other girls during both the criminal and civil trials. We want to present a united front."

"Whoa, whoa, just hold on there, cowboy. We don't need your handout," Cindy said in a huff.

"You're misunderstanding me, I'm not paying for this. They're doing this pro-bono and despite any hurt feelings from our past we still care about you guys," I told her.

"You sure have a funny way of showing it," she spat.

"Look Cindy I may have a genius IQ ,but real-life experience I'm still working on. I never claimed to be perfect, I'm far from it. But every day is a new opportunity to try and make things right. Anyway, I'm sorry. I didn't come here to start a fight. I just wanted to see how Delilah was doing and give you guys the information of the attorney and investigator that will be contacting you," I told her.

Walking to the door I handed Cindy the business cards and went to the door and waited for Stephanie and Delilah.

I pulled Delilah into a hug and told her, "If you need us, you have our number. And, if you just want to come over and hang out that would be great too."

I kissed her on the forehead and walked out the door.

*

My team of investigators looked into each of the attacker's family histories and connections. I also reached out to my IT acquaintances and asked them to assist the investigators with information they might not otherwise have access to. I talked it over with my main lawyer and we discussed tactics. Whoever was behind all of this had a lot of money and influence. The question was, how much money and how much influence.

While I was at home recovering, Stephanie had to go back to school. She lost a lot of her friends, since Johnny was so popular. His friends refused to believe he could do what he did, so naturally they blamed her. Simone and Amanda and the cheerleaders stuck by her and she got through it.

The two-million-dollar payday for the software I sold, was seriously being used up. After taxes, lawyers' fees, and private investigators fees, I would be back where I started if I lost my civil suits. The thing was, I still wouldn't recover as much as I was spending. Logistically, it was better for me to settle than to fight them but I was determined to not let them get away with anything. If I had to bankrupt all of the families involved, I was going to do it.