All Comments on 'The Unrequited Ch. 05'

by Gaius8666

Sort by:
  • 2 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
neworleansboyitaintmyfault@gmail.com

I'm lovin' me this story...

Please excuse me for just taking issue- correcting a coupla things.

In N'Awlins, our term is not trolley...but streetcar.

Also, Spanish Moss does not hang in "ropes"...it is much too delicate for that.

This is not to say that it doesn't grow thickly...it does...but as an air plant it "drapes"

from the trees.

Keep up the good work.

As a true native-having grown up with all things New Orleans...ghosts, voodoo, etc., my mind is already imagining what's next and then what's next after that!!!

Jimmy Roy

Gaius8666Gaius8666almost 8 years agoAuthor
Thanks so much for your input!

It really pleases me to know that my story has gotten a Nawlin-er's stamp of approval.

This book was, in large part, an homage to the Big Easy. I never lived there, but I traveled to New Orleans several times on business and fell in love with the place. My first impression of the city, made stronger by every visit afterwards, was that it was truly a magical place, unlike any other city in the country. It truly is America's sexiest town. You can just feel it when you are there. From the air, thick as molasses in the heat of summer, to the smells and sights of the Quarter as the dinner rush begins. Something is happening there; and has happened in the past. History is thick there, and permeates everything. It is both refined, and exotic, elegant and yet seedy, joyous, and yet tragic and oh so very very hot!

It is the one city in the country where you really feel you traveled outside of the US without ever getting your passport stamped. New York, Chicago, Los Angeles, Tuscon all have their charms, but none like New Orleans. It is saturated in atmosphere; the French, Spanish, Carribean history all simmering together like a great big stew pot of Jambalaya

I only wish I could do justice to the sense of taste with my words. That is what I miss about New Orleans the most. Damn, but if it does not have the absolutely best food in the Western Hemisphere. I LOVE Commanders Palace, and, as you have probably noticed, it has a significant presence in the story.

Stay tuned..., more being released over the next few weeks!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous