The Valentine Hitchhiker

Story Info
Jordan meets Tobias and they have roadtrip adventures.
10.4k words
4.69
9.7k
6
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Summary: After being abandoned in the desert by Jordan's now ex-boyfriend, she finds her stuck until she meets Tobias who immediately takes her in and gives her a ride to Florida. After agreeing to make the road trip an adventure they find themselves falling in love with each other and have a more fun time for each other.

2/9/2024

Never in a million years would I imagine myself stuck on the side of the road, in the middle of nowhere. Part of me silently cursed myself out as I walked down the sandy road. I should be on the road, with my boyfriend, now ex-boyfriend, down to Florida as a nice Valentines day vacation. It sounded good on paper, but after finding out he cheated on me, miraculously through a lipstick shade I don't use was left in his car by his affair partner. Instead of owning up to it, instead of apologizing, he accused me of cheating and kicked me out of the car. At first I thought it was some sick joke, that he would come back immediately after but after the fifteenth call that went to voicemail, I was left here. My family, all the way in Florida, which left me to fend for myself now.

Hauling two suitcases and a purse down the road made things harder to manage. I held back the urge to cry my eyes out and kept moving forward but with each step forward it grew harder and harder to hold back my tears. As if my day couldn't get worse I felt a droplet hit my head followed by more and more until the rain established dominance over me. I stood still before I cowered over and started crying feeling hopeless and devastated. It felt like I had been just sitting on the side of the road just crying and like a miracle a large delivery truck slowed to a stop beside me. I looked up and watched the person in the car hop out and walked over to me. "Hey are you okay?" The person was a young man who had dark brown hair and green eyes. He stared at me silently waiting for a reply.

"Uh... yes." I lied sniffling, he chuckled,

"You don't look okay." His southern accent was thick like he was from the deep countryside. "Unless you are backpacking..." He peaked at my luggage, "and something tells me you aren't." I looked at my luggage frowning,

"Do you know where we are?" I asked him, he stared at me dumbfounded,

"You definitely aren't a backpacker." He responded, I giggled wiping the tears and water from my face. "We are in Nevada, sweetheart." I shook my head looking around again. "Do you need a ride?" He asked, I stared at him momentarily before speaking,

"You aren't one of those creeps who pick up women and try to force them into sexual favors?" I asked him, he stared at me before bursting out into a laughter, "I'm being serious."

"I know." He laughed, "I know, I'm sorry that was just the first time I have ever heard someone ask me that." He smiled as his laugh died down into a giggle, I smiled back before giggling with him. "No, I promise I am no creep nor am I murderer." He said, "Just a guy who saw a young lady sitting in the rain and wanting to help." He added before holding out his hand. Part of me wanted to wait still, hoping my boyfriend would come back for me. But deep down I knew that wasn't going to be the case, so here I was staring at this stranger debating on if I should trust him. "I should ask, where are you headed?"

"Tampa, Florida." I responded to him, he nodded,

"Well then it must be fate, that's where I am heading to if you want that lift?" He asked, something inside me pushed me to join him. I took his hand and he lifted me up effortlessly, it was only then I noticed how tall and almost buff he was. "Let me help with your stuff. He said walking over to his truck and opening it. He held his hand out for my stuff and I handed each luggage then watched as he put it in the back part of his truck. He stepped down leaving the door opened, "Coming?" He asked, I walked over, I hopped up into the truck then watched as he closed the door beside me. Inside the truck was warm and definitely dry from the outside rain. The man got in on the driver side, before sliding on his seat belt. I did the same and he began driving.

The first thirty minutes of the drive was quiet, we didn't exchange a word but I watched the outside, seeing the rain hit the sandy desert. "So, what is your name?" The man asked,

"Jordan Weatherford." I replied, "You?" I asked

"Tobias Leeway." He said, I nodded,

"Tobias." I repeated it quietly liking the sound of his name. I stared back out the window,

"So, um, what were you doing out in the middle of the desert if you weren't backpacking?" He asked, I snorted frowning,

"It's a long story." I said to him,

"We got a long drive." He replied, I nodded in agreement and acknowledgment of how right he was. I took a deep breath, before looking over at him, he glanced at me momentarily before looking at the road.

"Well, my boyfriend..." I trailed off for a moment frowning, "I guess now ex-boyfriend, either way, I planned this road trip to Florida for valentines day since we wanted to see our family again, its where we're from."

"I gathered that last part." He commented with a snort, I let out a soft laugh shaking my head.

"Only I had discovered that my lovely ex-boyfriend had been cheating on me." I said to him, Tobias's eyes widened,

"What?!" He sounded appalled.

"I know!" I muttered, "The girl left her lipstick in his glove compartment, when I confronted him, he screamed at me for snooping through his stuff. Then tried to say it was me who had been cheating, and then he pulled over and threw my stuff out then kicked me out of his car and sped off." I finished, he shook his head in disgust. "I tried calling but he didn't answer, I told my mom, his mom, but with me being stranded in the middle of nowhere they couldn't do much." I laughed shaking my head before leaning back on the seat. "Then my stupid luggage broke because I am sure it was not meant to be rolled down these stupid cracked and pebble filled roads and to top it off I was rained on before you showed up." I ranted, in the end Tobias stared at me before laughing again.

"Okay, it sounds like you had a rough day." He said, I wanted to be mad at him for laughing at me, but instead I found myself laughing with him. Tears began streaming down my face again before nodding,

"God it was horrible." I whispered wiping the tears from my face. "In hindsight, I should've waited until we were in a town or blasted him to his family." I muttered and he chuckled.

"That sounds like the beginning of a revenge story." He said to me. I smiled softly, before shaking my head again.

"Alright my turn, tell me about yourself."

"Well," He let out sigh as he adjusted in his seat, "Let's see, I grew up in southern Georgia for most of my life, on a farm."

"So, a truck driver and a farmer?" I asked, he laughed but nodded,

"Well first the farmer, but I wanted more, I wanted to travel and being a truck driver surely sounded ideal at the time so I went for it. I haven't regretted that decision since." He finished explaining, I nodded slowly. "Oh, and also, I am twenty-seven years old, I like long walks on the beach, and basking in the Valentine's day love." He sounded sarcastic but I rolled my eyes, "I'm serious about the age though."

"Okay, I am twenty-five years old so that's nice to know." I glanced back out the window and watching the rain fall again. "I also like long walks on the beach and whatever else you said." I responded jokingly, he chuckled,

"I bet you would, let me guess, you also love Roses and petals?" He asked, I cringed shaking my head.

"I actually hate Roses."

His face twisted up, "Who hates Roses?"

"Me! I think it's like the go to "romance" flower, which is cringe, and it's not even the romance flower, it's the "I fucked up and forgot it was valentines day, or anniversary" flower, not to mention, I don't like the smell, they have prickly thorns, and you have to go through all that trouble to cut them off only to accidentally miss one and get pricked by them." I explained, "They are the cactus's of the flowers. So, no I don't like Roses."

"Okay miss prickly pants." He joked, "What is your favorite flower then?" I silently thought for a moment before responding,

"Marigold." I answered, "I like both colors of the flower but you know I always preferred Orange." I smiled to myself.

"That's nice." He whispered, I nodded before growing silent, thinking about my ex and how much I wasted time on him, how I wasted money, how I almost moved in with that man, the nightmare it would've been. I even wasted my money on a road trip I can no longer afford. "What are you thinking about?" I frowned as I was pulled out of my thoughts,

"How much I saved for a road trip, paid for the gas, and can't even go on it." I huffed, there was silence on his end at first before he finally talked,

"What places have you decided on going to?" He asked me, I turned to him confused before I realized what he was doing.

"No." I said shaking my head, "No you have done more than enough for, driving me to Florida is way more than enough."

"Humor me." He replied in a cool tone. I stared at him before speaking,

"I wanted to see the Red Rock canyons, then the Valley of The Fire park here in Nevada. Then in Arizona obviously visit the grand canyon."

"Obviously." He repeated playfully, I shot him a playful glare back.

"Then when we were supposed to hit New Mexico we'd go by the Carlsbad Caverns and after that when we hit Texas and drove through Dallas we'd stop by and visit NASA."

"That is a lot of places." Tobias pointed out,

"I know... but I have never been to them and the trip would've been an amazing chance plus one place per state that is along the way so we don't have to deviate." I hummed,

"That was the best rhyme I've ever heard." he went back to his sarcastic tone.

"Anyways," I went back to the subject, "Visit the Baton Rouge when we hit Louisiana. After that it would be a straight shot through Alabama straight to Florida." I finished. He glanced at me almost impressed.

"Okay." He said to me,

"Okay?" I asked him confused.

"Okay, let's do it."

"I just said-"

"Hey, it would be no bother to me, I like traveling and when I see you talking about those places your eyes lit up with excitement. It would be fun, You'd get back in time to see your family on Valentines day and have a chance to say you traveled." He explained glancing over at me as I thought silently, it was something I wanted to do. Who would I be if allowed my ex to stop me from visiting these places.

"Alright... fine." I said to him, "But I'm paying for everything." I told him, he hummed and nodded,

"Okay, fine by me."

We both smiled at the deal and not long after, the rain slowly let up and the sun began shining again. "Coincidence?" I asked looking at him, he smiled for a moment,

"Maybe." Was his response as he turned on the radio and the song 'Everybody Wants To Rule The World' began playing. I hummed the tune happily, "You like this song too?" He asked me,

"Yeah this is my favorite song." I giggled, he looked at me momentarily,

"Mine too." He said turning up volume as we began singing the lyrics together while he drove us down the road onto the next highway. The first place we made it to was the Red Rock Canyon, and it was so beautiful. Tobias and I walked around the park, he took pictures of me from my phone and it distracted me from my ex. "How are you liking the canyons?"

"So far?" I asked him as we walked around, "I love it, it's beautiful." I responded,

"Good, I like it too, it's pretty damn nice." He said pulling out his own phone and snapping a photo of it. We walked around for a moment before watching the sunset. By then, we leaned against a railway as I watched the sun kissed the sky goodbye leaving behind an orangish pink hue as it set. There was something so admiring about it,

"this is so beautiful." I whispered in awe. Too busy to see Tobias looking at me as he replied.

"Yeah. She's beautiful."

After we got back to the truck, he rode to the next truck stop/gas station and parked it. "This place does have a designated shower we can pay for." He said to me, "I can let you go first."

"thank you." I responded I grabbed my suitcase and made my way inside to pay for the shower. It took a few minutes for it to be my turn but after the shower I felt refreshed and nice. I walked back to the truck as Tobias let me in. He looked like he was moving things around.

"sorry was just moving things around for the bed."

"you sleep in the truck?" I asked,

"oh yeah, but you can take the bed, I can just sleep in the passenger side."

"Oh no-" I started on but he cut me off immediately

"Don't start, you're taking the bed and that's final." While I knew he was serious there was a playful tone in his demand. I sat on the surprisingly soft mattress before nodding.

"Okay." I pretended to sulk as he cocked an eyebrow with his head slightly tilted.

"Good girl." I froze instantly, those two words rang through my head, rattled down through my body warming it up until it reached my core. I swallowed deeply as I pretended to look for my phone. "I'll be back, keep the doors locked until I knock and call out your name okay?" He asked, I nodded, still looking away to hide my red face. "Good." And just like that I was left alone in the truck. I let out the breath I was holding and leaned against the seat. After a few minutes I gathered my thoughts and grabbed my phone to scroll through. I noticed a bunch of missed call from my parents and ex-boyfriend. I scowled at the audacity to see his call before blocking his number and dialing back my dad.

By the time I finished convincing them I was alive and on my way due to a passing by trucker, Tobias had come back. It took me a while, which was understandable to my parents credit as I was on the road with a stranger. But once I told them it was the only option, they left it alone for now, I can only imagine the earful I'd hear later when I arrive though. I let him back in and he sat in the passenger side with a bag of food. "I got us some dinner."

"you didn't have too." I started but he gave a stern look in his eye, "Thank you." I finished and he smiled handing me a sandwich and drink. "I guess I never really had someone who thought about me when getting food." I pulled out the sandwich and opened the seal before we ate together just enjoying each other's company before calling it a night. 

2/10/2024

The next day after eating breakfast we were once again back on the road, I wore something more comfortable, gray sweatpants and a comfortable blue shirt that still hugged my body comfortably. I didn't put on any makeup either which revealed my freckles that covered myself. "Getting more comfortable I see." Tobias spoke,

"Get used to it, I no longer have a guy I need to pretty myself up for." I said as I leaned back on the seat.

"You're pretty regardless." He replied which caused my face to heat up again and he quickly cleared his throat, "Not that I thought that you were-" He rambled "No, I mean I do I just-"

"I know what you mean, stop before you bury yourself into a hole you can't get out of." I laughed softly, now it was his turn to turn red in his cheeks. The Valley of Fire Park was only about an hour drive, we made it in enough time to see the sun rise. The pictures didn't do the view justice, everything about the park was so beautiful. Watching the sunrise into the sky, I glanced over at Tobias to say something but suddenly stopped after watching how he stared at the sunrise. It was clear he was also enamored by its beauty, I also got to take a good look at him, he had stubbles on his face probably from shaving, his skin was tan and he also had a few freckles peeking out from the side. He was absolutely gorgeous, "Pretty." I whispered out loud without thinking,

"Yeah, I agree," He said snapping me out of my deep thought. He went to look at me. I quickly turned my head away, pretending to focus on the sunrise. "Okay so Jordan, what is your family like?" He asked,

"Why?" I asked him, he chuckled,

"I just want to get to know the stranger I am transporting to Florida, and seeing as I am currently not getting handcuffed for helping you out I assume your parents have not called the police yet." He explained to me, I shook my head,

"I told them about our adventure last night." We began walking the trail together, "But since you asked, my dad owns his company, he is also the biggest investor in it so he has a lot of say in what goes. He tends to travel a lot for work, just a month ago he was in London to secure a new business deal." I hummed, "My mom is well, my mom, there isn't much to say about her, she has a restaurant in Florida, they met in college before my dad convinced my mom to go to culinary school to follow her dreams. They sacrificed a lot to get to where they are." I said,

"Oh, so you are a nepo baby?" He asked I scowled,

"No, I want to do my own thing, no handouts from either of them, though they tried to insist." I laughed, "I did finish college with my masters last semester, just trying to figure out what's next."

"No alumni school or anything?" He asked, I shook my head,

"Nothing, well, no that's a lie, my parents insisted to pay for my college education. I grew up fairly normal, I went to a normal school, had normal friends, no private anything." I said, "I was just privileged enough to not have to worry about going without anything." I added looking at him, "No one knew who my parents were outside of those who needed to know, like my friend's parents, the school, and even my parents are extremely humble. Both told me stories of how they struggled to get to where they are today and yes, while I have the privilege today to do anything I want with the help of my parents how is that fair to anyone?" I asked him, he just stared at me silently waiting for me to continue, "How is it fair to use a name to get anywhere I want in the world, I'll tell you, it's not fair, and it wouldn't make me feel good taking away from others because I had the help of my parents so whatever I do next, it's because I made the decision, whether it be start a business of my own without the help of my parents, or get a job and work a 9 to 5." Tobias chuckled,

"Or become a farmer or truck driver?" He asked, I giggled back at his response nudging into him,

"Yes or that." I said,

"And that lovely ex of yours?" He asked, I sighed,

"I met him college, he was very charismatic, and pretty."

He hummed "He was a frat boy wasn't he?" I laughed loudly before covering my mouth and giggling before nodding, "I absolutely knew it."

"We met at a party, he asked me out, we dated since. Well, that was until yesterday." I shook my head,

"Well, he sucks," he said to me as he leaned against a rock, "Absolutely despise him now honestly," He shook his head, I chuckled,

"Good. It would suck if the cute driver taking me to Florida sided with my ex." I spoke without thinking,

"You think I am cute?" He asked tilting his head with a cocky smirk on his face, my face turned red as I realized what I had said then playfully shoved him,

"Shut up." I laughed again. "What about you farmer? Tell me all of your juicy life story."

"When you say it like that I don't want to."

I shoved him again playfully,

"Okay well, like I said yesterday I grew up on a farm, my dad bought it originally as a place to settle down when he grew older but things change and I was born so they decided to move there then. It was fairly simple for most of it I guess, my mom was a teacher so she had me home schooled until I was a teenager, my dad taught me how to farm for a while, I skipped out on the college experience and took care of the farm for the most part alongside my dad. Then I wanted more you know? The chance to explore, but I also loved farming, so I did the most logical thing." He turned to me,