The Vassal Academy Ch. 21

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

After dinner, they went back to the office, and Devon again went over the material taking copies of some of it for later consideration. Then they headed to the clubs, so Devon could fly the flag as the Master's Master.

Ann in the meantime had been busy at the Academy. Jeannette woke shortly after lunch, and saw to the cleaning of the staff wing with Geneva, and touched up the slave areas that needed attention. After her class, Ann went to Admin and typed her own reports from the days training, and then started to review the other reports.

After Dinner, Andre saw to Yvette's arousal training, while Donna was given a class with Thomas and Diane on the proper techniques of a massage.

Ann walked to the office and saw to it's shut down for the night and retired upstairs. She was very tired today, and she knew that the rest were tired too. She resolved to talk to Devon about it tomorrow.

Diane trudged upstairs after her last class, and collapsed into bed. She was tired today. Crystal was already in bed before lights out, taking advantage of a little free time to catch up on sleep. Geneva was in the dayroom watching a little TV. She wasn't as tired as the others, she hadn't done much today, Jeannette was with her keeping her company before bed.

At the Executive Club with Dominique, Devon was chatting with a Master from France, who was claiming that all the best slaves were French, as were the best Dominants. This was he claimed, due to the fact that the science of Dominance, and Submission, were derived from the Marquis de Sade, and thus the French had a special flair for the subject.

"Ah if it were only true." Devon said sadly. "However, the Academy is simply, the finest facility in the world, with the most advanced trainers. I regret not bringing one of my pets with me, I'll certainly make a note to bring one tomorrow, and introduce you." Devon offered.

Slave Suzanne approached properly, and knelt before Devon in proper Academy style. She bowed her head and spoke to Master Devon. "Master, forgive me for interrupting you. However Master Brandon asked if you would be willing to join him, or if you were unable, if he could join you."

"Suzanne, how nice to see you." Devon said in a friendly manner. "Please ask Master Brandon to join us here. I was just speaking to Master Louis here about the Academy."

"Yes Master, I'll relay your words immediately." Suzanne said and then standing gracefully, turned and glided off towards Master Brandon.

Dominique nodded. "Rebecca did a nice job, given the time. She's almost ready for phase three instruction isn't she?"

"Not really, she's good at Ballet, but she needs more Cunt and Anal training." Devon said casually.

Brandon arrived and joined the group of Masters gathered around the small table. "Devon, I wanted to tell you how happy I am with the work you've done with Suzanne."

"Brandon, it's our pleasure, and we're looking forward to continuing her training. Once again, I personally apologize for the incident that interrupted her training."

Brandon waved it away. "We all have unexpected actions from time to time. The important thing was despite that, you managed to get a full day's training in for her. That's impressive. Police all over the place all night, and you still managed to train the next day."

Devon groaned inwardly. He would have to explain to Louis now. "Louis, there was an incident, a potential slave snuck out of his room, and was caught rummaging through the files. The house slave who caught him was severely beaten before the attack was discovered and stopped. The Police were notified, because a staff member was injured by this attack. The person in question was arrested, and I understand has decided to plea bargain his way out of any real trouble." Devon shrugged to show it was out of his hands. "We were training Suzanne at the time, so of course Brandon received a full report of the incident, and it's affect upon his property."

Louis was watching Devon through narrowed eyes. "How did this attack happen? Would my slaves be similarly injured through negligence on your part? What were you doing at the time this attack happened? Perhaps you and your staff were drinking and just having fun at Brandon's expense?" The tone this was said in made it clear that Louis didn't like Devon, didn't trust him, and was not about to give him one French Franc, much less a single Euro, to train anything.

Devon smiled thinly. "No, they won't. For two reasons. We've instituted changes to the notification procedures of the people who are on night watch duty. Also, your slaves won't be at my facility, and so would be in no danger of any injury there." Devon turned dismissing Louis.

"Dominique, perhaps you should explain to Devon the responsibilities of a servant to a client, even a potential client. The one with the money makes the rules as they say." Louis said stiffly. Devon's abrupt dismissal of him meant he couldn't make the man beg to get Louis's money.

"I'm afraid I'm with Devon on this one." Dominique's tone was low, dangerous. "I can't believe that anyone would think that we would allow someone to be attacked, severely injured, through negligence. Anyone who did believe that the staff would be out partying is not someone I would prefer to deal with in this manner. You'll have to be satisfied with ill trained slaves, since the training to make them better is no longer available to you." Dominique said.

"Brandon, when can we expect Suzanne back?" Devon asked ignoring the angry look on Louis's face.

Brandon was almost ready to laugh at Louis, who was used to bullying people into getting his way. "In another two weeks, I'm off to Taiwan for ten days then, the upgrade of a factory there is nearly complete, and I'm to inspect and prepare it for operation."

Devon nodded. "Please send me the dates in question, and I'll insure her room is ready personally."

"Certainly Devon, consider it done." Brandon said then turned to Suzanne who was kneeling on the floor beside him. "You enjoyed your time at the academy didn't you my pet?"

"Yes Master, it was the best training I've ever gotten." Suzanne answered.

Louis stood up and glared at Devon and then Dominique, and then stormed off. Dominique waited until he was out of earshot and then said. "Nice Devon, he'll never forgive you, or me for this."

Devon waved it away. "He's a fool, and no matter how much improvement we'd given his slaves, he would still claim they were only moderate compared to true French Slaves."

"The reason I wanted to talk to you Devon, and you Dominique, is that I wanted to know what you thought about Brad, and Josh?" Brandon asked.

"Brad and Josh? What about them?" Dominique asked.

"You haven't heard?" Brandon asked surprised. "Suzanne told me that Josh was at the Academy when she was, so I assumed you knew."

"Once you tell us, we will." Devon said simply.

"Brad is dead. He was killed in an automobile accident. His car went off the road, apparently he fell asleep behind the wheel, and Josh is in the hospital." Brandon told the two now obviously stunned trainers.

"Where, and how is Josh?" Devon asked.

"Upstate somewhere. They were coming back from Syracuse. Brad's lawyer told Jamison, who mentioned it to me." Brandon said. "You hadn't heard?"

Devon shook his head. "No, I hadn't. How badly is Josh injured?"

"Broken collar bone, I don't know what else. Jim, that's Brad's lawyer, said that Josh is nearly inconsolable." Brandon shifted. "He really loved Brad you know."

Devon nodded. "I saw them when Brad came back from Italy. Josh nearly cried in joy at seeing Brad again."

Dominique looked at Brandon. "What is Josh going to do? He's a kept slave, which means unless he's in the will, he probably doesn't have insurance does he?"

"Jim said that the estate was going to pay for the medical, but most of Brad's property is going to his family. He has a Brother and Sister you see. I think Josh is mentioned, but I hadn't heard how much." Brandon said frowning. "I just don't know. Dominique, you know Jamison, give him a call. He can put you in touch with Brad's lawyer for whatever public information is out there."

"I'll do that." Dominique said vaguely.

Devon was frowning. Two hours later, after more chit chat, he and Dominique left the club and headed to the parking Garage for their two cars. Dominique spoke first. "Josh would make a fair house slave, if you can get him."

Devon nodded. "I thought that's what you would say. His Master is dead, and he's in tears all the time. I'm just going to show up and say hey Josh, come with me, and I'll throw a few beatings on your broken collar bone?"

Dominique rolled her eyes. "Damn you Devon, he's a good find. His Master is dead, I didn't kill him. You didn't kill him. He fell asleep at the wheel. Josh is hurt, yes, but will recover. He has the right temperament, and understands the job. As for going yourself, send his favorite, Andre, hell send Geneva too for that matter. Just to visit him for now, see how he's doing."

Devon stopped walking and frowned at Dominique. "I don't like it Dominique, and I'll tell you why. Yes, Josh is a good slave, but I don't like the idea of reading the obits to find my staff."

Dominique turned on him and spoke in the same dangerous tone that she had used to let Louis know that the line was right here, and it was to be crossed at your risk. "Devon, we've implemented the ideas of honor you gave us. We care for the slaves, and we care for the staff. We treat them with respect and with dignity when possible. We provide for them, food, clothing, room. We need a male slave, at least one. Josh would be perfect for that slot, if you can get him. This is taking advantage of a bad situation, something that your Sun Tzu would tell you is your duty. You didn't kill Brad, no one did except Brad."

"If the story we got is accurate." Devon said tightly.

"If it is. I'm calling in the morning to find out where he is. Have Andre, and Geneva, if she's up to it, ready to go and see him. Have them spend some time. They won't need much in the way of instruction, just tell them to be sympathetic, and perhaps mention that they fondly recalled their time together." Dominique instructed. "I've backed you hundreds of times. Devon, this is my wish, don't think I won't make it an order."

Devon lowered his head slightly. "Yes Dominique." Devon said simply. "I will obey your wishes to the best of my ability."

Dominique nodded slowly. "He'd be a good addition, if you can get him. Unlike Matt, he's stable psychologically." She regretted the comment then. She didn't even pause and continued. "I know, you didn't know, no one knew that Matt was nuttier than a fruitcake. I wasn't trying to say you screwed up. I'm just using him as an example of what Josh isn't."

Devon nodded. "Yes Dominique." He ignored the comment about Matt's stability. The thing that stung him about Louis's comment was that Matt was unstable, and it was negligent to allow him to stay. The fact that they understood this a few hours too late was even more painful, when they considered the warning signs they had not recognized. It was colossal bad taste however, to mention this unless you were a superior to the individual in question. Devon did not answer to Louis, but did answer to Dominique.

He also understood that Dominique's rebuke was partly frustration at his being at the academy so much, and not here in town spreading his influence among those in the community. They had agreed he needed to come to town at least twice a week, more often would be better, to continue lining up clients.

He returned home after two am. Going upstairs, he set his alarm to get up on time, he had instructions to carry out, and that meant he had instructions to give.

At 6:45, Jeannette was about to tap on Mistress Ann's door, when she saw Master Devon's door open, and the light on inside. "Master Devon?"

"Yes Jeannette. Whatever Mistress Ann tells you, change it to Andre free today, have Geneva shower up here, and dressed to depart on short notice. Tell her to wear a respectable dress or something casual but respectable." Devon said from his door.

Ann opened her door and looked in confusion. "Devon? What are you doing up?"

"Giving orders. There's a change, Andre Free, Geneva dressed today to go into town."

"OK, Andre was going to teach Crystal this morning."

"Not anymore. I'll explain later." Devon said.

"OK. Jeannette, get them up and moving, I guess Geneva up here, and tell Crystal we'll find some training for her shortly." Ann said.

"Yes Mistress. Where should I send Yvette and Donna?" Jeannette asked.

Ann considered. "Send Donna to Ballet with Mistress Rebecca, Donna to Oral Arts with Master Thomas, and I'll train Crystal in Ballet upstairs."

"Yes Mistress. Diane to the Kitchen?"

"Yeah Jeannette. That covers it." Ann said simply.

Jeannette started moving, and Ann walked down the hall to Devon's open door. He was sitting in his chair and frowning towards the window. "Devon, when did you get in?"

"After two, and yes, I'm tired. Yes, I'd rather sleep in. Yes, I have to be up to handle this. I'll sleep later." Devon said with a testy edge to his voice.

"What's happening?" Ann asked.

"I'll brief the trainers at Breakfast, then I'll brief Andre and Geneva more after breakfast." Devon said.

"OK, whatever." Ann said sourly as she turned back to her room.

At breakfast the trainers exchanged glances as Devon sat down and frowned. "OK, first things first. Most of us are training, two of us are recruiting." Devon began.

"Recruiting?" Rebecca asked.

"Josh is in the Hospital, I don't know where yet, I will know soon. His Master, Brad is dead. Andre, you and Geneva are going to visit him, be compassionate, and supportive." Devon began.

Ann opened her mouth, and then closed it. "Oh shit."

"Devon, this feels sort of like robbing the grave." Rebecca softly opined.

Devon glared at her. "As soon as breakfast is over, Geneva and you Andre will discuss this with me in more detail. For the rest of us, we need know only that Josh is hurt, and as a former student, we're concerned enough to send someone to check on him."

"Devon." Ann began. Then she nearly exploded. "Jesus Christ, let them bury the poor bastard before you try and entice his lover to join us."

Devon glared at Ann next. He said nothing and returned to Andre. "Andre, this is going to take a great deal of charm, and charisma. I'm asking a great deal of you, this will tax your abilities, you'll have to adapt, and overcome many potential obstacles. The briefing after breakfast is going to be a general line, the specific is your choice, and obviously Geneva's."

Andre licked his lips nervously. He shifted uncomfortably and then said. "Devon, are we sure this is the best way to go?"

"I'm sorry, you thought we were discussing it. We're not. I'm issuing directions here." Devon said coldly. "If you are unable to follow those directions, please say so, and I'll find someone else."

Andre stiffened slightly. He relaxed over a period of several seconds. "Devon, I'll do it."

Devon picked up the glass of orange juice and then set it down. "I'm sorry everyone. I know this is unexpected." He shifted and then started over. "I'm sorry that Brad is dead. I'd issue our condolences to Josh, we all know how much Josh loved him. The auto accident is supposed to be from Brad falling asleep at the wheel. As I said, I'd like to extend our condolences. Josh is a nice guy, a good slave. He also loved Brad a great deal, and I know he's hurting right now."

"So I don't try and recruit him?" Andre asked with a note of hope in his voice.

"No, you do, but with a bit of subtlety." Devon said.

"Devon, this isn't your idea is it?" Rebecca asked.

"I'm the one in charge here, and the orders are mine to give." Devon said stiffly.

"Dominique, she gave you this." Ann said in understanding.

Devon glanced at her. "The project has my wholehearted support. That's enough. Now, we're going to do it this way people. First, do we think that Josh would be happy here? I think he would be. I wish Brad were alive and well and they were fucking like minks. Brad isn't, and I didn't do anything to cause that situation. Josh could well be happy here, serving us. I think he could grow to love us, like the others. I know he's a good slave, and a good person, with a big heart. I also know his favorites here were Andre and Geneva, so let's entice him to try and live again."

Ann leaned back a bit and stared at her plate, it was only half finished, and she didn't feel like eating any more. "I have a class soon, anything else for me?"

Devon glared at her again, and then said. "No, Andre you're with me in Admin. The rest of you can go to class." He rose and walked out of the room leaving his own plate with nearly all the food on it.

Andre glanced at Thomas and then Rebecca and then followed Devon towards Admin where they found Jeannette and Geneva waiting for them. Jeannette was wearing the traditional slave dress of the Academy, which barely covered her ass, and was so transparent, that nudity wasn't ever too far from reality. Geneva was wearing a pair of pants and a soft shirt. Her Bra was obvious, and was bright white beneath the shirt.

Devon was listening to the explanation when Andre stopped behind them. "Master, I don't have any dresses, nothing that would be worn this time of the morning. A couple short, as in mini skirt type of dresses, but Jeannette said to wear something to town, I got the impression I was to blend in, and this is all I have. I'm very sorry Master." Geneva said and hung her head.

"It's all right. Your clothing is perfect in fact." Devon said while trying to hide his scowl. "You're going to a Hospital, and I should have told Jeannette that."

"A Hospital?" Geneva asked.

Devon waved them into his office and Jeannette turned and drew two cups of coffee from the pot and took them into Master Andre and Devon. Devon was behind his desk. "Jeannette, please stay for this, your opinion may be required."

"Yes Master." Jeannette said and knelt beside the chair that Geneva was sitting in to keep from wrinkling her pants by kneeling.

"To bring you both up to speed. Josh's master Brad has died in an automobile accident. Josh is in the Hospital. Geneva and Andre are going to visit with him for a bit today, and see how he's doing." Devon said.

Jeannette looked confused for a moment, looking first at Andre, and then at Geneva, and then a small smile broke across her face. "Yes Master."

Devon watched her very carefully. "Jeannette you are the only one who has smiled when I told them that information."

Geneva was looking confused, and uncomfortable, Andre was keeping a neutral expression on his face. "Master, Josh is currently without a master. A slave without a Master is a boat that has broken free of the dock. It will float along for a while, but eventually will sink, or be broken upon the rocks." Jeannette said.

Andre was considering. Geneva looked from Jeannette to Master Devon. "We're to entice him to choose us as his new home?"

Devon shifted. "Yes Geneva, carefully, not coming right out and saying so, but yes. I don't know if you'll succeed. I don't know if he's so broken right now, he's reported as inconsolable, if he's so broken that he'll walk away. I don't know a great deal, so Master Andre and you will take the lead on this."

Andre was still obviously considering. "Devon, I'd like to speak to you in private, but yes, I think we can see him, and yes, I think he may be interested when he gets over the shock."

Devon glanced at Andre, and saw that he was more supportive of the endeavor. Turning to Geneva. "Do you have a problem with this Geneva? Do you feel like we're taking advantage of Brad's death in a undignified way."