All Comments on 'The Very Thought of You'

by MichaelFitzgerald

Sort by:
  • 18 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Deserves 10 stars.

Well done.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Thank you....

....especially for the postscript. But really, for all of it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Jeez, quite the horror story

Yeah you painted a pretty bad picture of C19, just a tad overwrought and yes I do know the numbers, they are nowhere that bad for most healthy people. As for Gwen he had a lucky escape from a career driven women, he would have always been second best, highly driven career women don't make good wives. Call it a sexist comment if you like, but it's simply true.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Gorgeous!

What a beautiful story! Thank you so much!

nestorb30nestorb30over 3 years ago

Yeah, what he said. Also an amazing story, thank you

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Stunning and Profound

This story is terribly moving and deeply poignant. It belongs in a venue where it would reach a much broader audience. The postscript is an integral part of the emotional impact. Thank you for this lovely work of humanity.

sdc97230sdc97230over 3 years ago
60% of Americans have "underlying conditions"

And that's not counting those who are undiagnosed.

UltimateHomeBodyUltimateHomeBodyover 3 years ago

I assume they both died, or he went looney toon under the stress and Gwen never came to him. It went vague which suggests he cracked under the extreme pressure the birus put on the emergency personnel. Gwen's return was his fevered mind's imagination.

As a story there was too much virus jargon at the start. We have all been living with this all year, and aside from some idiots we take it very seriously. I am thankful I live where I do with minimal effect of the whole thing.

tennesseeredtennesseeredover 3 years ago
Nice.

A nice tribute to health care workers and the WWll generation. Strong work.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 3 years ago

I don't think he should blame himself. GWEN obviously had issues/saw problems with their marriage, and never raised them with him. That's on her. What was in the letter?

/

At the end, I don't THINK that he's hallucinating.

/

@Anonymous, could you please give some citations for this "evidence" that masks are a "waste of time?"

/

Re: Underlying conditions - If I have a heart condition, and go out and run 10 miles in 90+ degrees heat and high humidity, and drop dead of a heart attack, was it the heart condition that caused my death or the exertion? Now that's a LITTLE different from Covid in that the cause of death WOULD be a heart attack, but with Covid, the person could have lived indefinitely, and only died because they got Covid.

Five stars.

green117green117over 3 years ago
really good story

Although which of the characters is Orpheus is up for grabs... i suspect it was Gwen.

Excellent team you are working with.

Some really rank comments on this one - but we shall have to put up with it for a while.

Re: masks - we need the replication number to go below 1 - right now where I live, the replication number is 1.35 with masks, native replication number is about 2.5 - that means that 35% immunization/recovered in the population would unwind the pandemic. Masks lower the replication number - and so we will need to wear masks and such until the immunization/recovered numbers get up to 60%ish before masks will not be as necessary.

Learn to live with masks - and come out of that mode when it seems safe. You will know, when the number of covid cases are close to what, say, New Zealand has. And.. the immunity from vaccines/recovery doesn't necessarily last forever.

Green-something

MichaelFitzgeraldMichaelFitzgeraldover 3 years agoAuthor

@ Anons Clinician and Exaggerated commented that the fight against C-19 was being exaggerated. I wanted to put a marker down to preserve history. Say what you want some day long from now, but here's where we are now.

A nurse is quoted to say: "You’re trying to yell through all of these barriers and try to show them with your eyes that you’re here and you’re not going to leave them and will take care of them, ... But yet you’re panicking inside completely that you’re going to get this disease and you’re going to be the one in the bed or a family member that you love, take it home to them." KFN

Pray for our doctors and nurses. Wear your mask.

ranec1ranec1over 3 years ago
Mean As!!

chur m8 awsum story

⭐⭐⭐⭐

Alright_alright_alrightAlright_alright_alright5 months ago

Jesus , where were this shit happening. I never even wore a mask. Drove a truck all over the country, never even saw a sick person.

MichaelFitzgeraldMichaelFitzgerald5 months agoAuthor

Total US C19 Deaths - 1,158,185

Total World C19 Deaths - 6,954,508

You missed it.

Alright_alright_alrightAlright_alright_alright5 months ago

Theirs a difference in dying with COVID-19 then dying from COVID-19

MichaelFitzgeraldMichaelFitzgerald5 months agoAuthor

To Alright_alright_alright: Not to the dead person but feel free to toe-tag them.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous