All Comments on 'The Vicar'

by Shaima32

Sort by:
  • 12 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Single clergy have feelings too

Been there, did that. Love is really weird when you wear a collar. The world looks, judges, and still doesn't quite accept that you are human after all and when you finally do act as a human does . . .

Thank you for going there. You have a special gift.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Very enjoyable.

Will there be any more chapters? I hope so.

Shaima32Shaima32over 7 years agoAuthor
There will be a sequel

Thanks to the two anonymous comments and to answer one there will be a sequel to this story as I feel these characters are intriguing and I do want to know more about where they go next. Stay tuned!

Robyn1859Robyn1859over 7 years ago
Biblical

An amazing story,,, loved it,,, would love it to continue

TSreaderTSreaderover 7 years ago
Ver, very good!

A wonderful story; well written and a totally original plot! I do hope there's more of this story! Thank you!

insert_runawayinsert_runawayover 7 years ago
Wow

Your writing is what I crave to read. i look for you and I am truly becoming a big fan of your work. Your characters are always so intelligent and sexy. Great great job, I'll be looking forward to your next piece of writting.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Blown away

If I could remember my password I wouldn't be anon. That was simply beautiful. It was crafted brilliantly with wonderful characterisation. Thank you. I am excited by the prospect of the sequel. Rheged6

BigBeanieBigBeanieover 7 years ago
Pretty Good

I like that you take the time to set the scene and explore thoughts, feelings and motivations. Your writing is very enjoyable.

Just one piece of constructive criticism if I may. You sometimes switch the POV of the story, and you often use a whole series of pronouns in the same paragraph. Basically if I have to stop reading and go back in the story to figure out whether it was Janine who has just had her blouse unbuttoned, or it was Janine doing the unbuttoning then that takes me out of the moment, ruins the flow of the story and makes the whole experience less satisfying.

Keep it up.. I will definitely keep an eye open for more of your work.

MaonaighMaonaighover 7 years ago
Promising

This is a promising story with an interesting theme although it tends to be a little jerky in parts. And some of your punctuation could do with some careful editing. While reading the story I had decided to comment on your excessive use of pronouns (in places it was hard to determine who was speaking/acting) and I see that the previous comment had picked up on the same thing (again, careful editing could overcome this problem---there are plenty of ways you could get round the constant use of 'she' and 'her'). But I'm sufficiently taken with the story to look forward to Chapter 2.

If fictional Kate does hand her property to a refugee family she will be doing better than many real-life politicians/celebrities who have very publicly made the same promise but have failed to come across.

PixiehoffPixiehoffover 4 years ago
A lovely story

Thank you for this. As the partner of someone who is a Vicar, I know how hard it can be when your hierarchy still refuses to believe that God can want two women to love each other; thank you.

okami1061okami1061almost 2 years ago

Eggshells and landmines.

Complex paths well negotiated.

Still getting lost in the she's and her's. Not so much of a fun game to unwind this time around. Not sure why though. Doesn't seem to be that much different from your previous works. Maybe not quite as intense? So not quite as fun to unravel?

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I love the development of this story and that you find time to include the oppressed people in the world, especially the Palestinians ❤️🇵🇸

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous