All Comments on 'The Virgin Ceremonies Ch. 22'

by VanillaExtract

Sort by:
  • 18 Comments
JohnAmalfi4104JohnAmalfi4104almost 2 years ago

Sweet ending. This has been a fun ride.

dannyboy111dannyboy111almost 2 years ago

I've enjoyed this story tremendously. The sex scenes seemed much more oriented toward both genders than most of what you see on this site. And I loved the back and forth of new complications/barriers appearing over the course of the story. My favorite was the brouhaha over the postcard. The bad guys were great, including the mother, aunt and of course the evil fiance. At the end, I'm afraid you veered into repetitive, sappy dialog in the last chapter or two, which I guess is what happens when you have happy endings. But speaking of happy endings, it struck me as odd in the extreme that our hero should drive off to New Orleans at the end, leaving poor senile Grandma alone in the apartment, where she will doubtless die of dehydration and malnutrition over the next few days.

nthusiasticnthusiasticalmost 2 years ago

So what happened to Brent’s grandmother?

ScottishTexanScottishTexanalmost 2 years ago

I'm glad that they got their happiness. I just hope that it sticks. In today's society, so many people are into loving themselves more than loving each other. My ex wife is a good case in point. She did an excellent job of hiding her mental illness from me during most of our marriage. It wasn't until she started making up crazy crap that never happened that I figured out something was wrong with her. I still don't know what her deep down problem is, but she started presenting all of the symptoms of Narcissism during the last 4 or 5 years that we were together. I tried repeatedly to get her to agree to counseling but she refused and eventually walked out on me. 26 years together. I would have stuck by her even with all of her failures, but she was too stupid to realize that I was valuable.

-

An epilog detailing briefly the life that Brent and Ginny shared would have been nice. I'm glad that Ginny decided to quash the ceremony tradition. It was a disgusting practice when you actually think about it. I'm kinda sad that Brent chose to abandon his Grandmother to Public Healthcare where she will no doubt have her life shortened by their lower standards. But she no longer recognized him anyway, so I can understand him not wanting any bad memories. Still very sad and tragic ending for her. 3/5 overall for the entire series.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Happy ending, but...

cantfightfatecantfightfateover 1 year ago

I'm glad for a resolution. This was an incredibly frustrating story with juvenile characters and unrealistic reactions, but I wanted them to be happy, and they are. Thanks for writing!

VanillaExtractVanillaExtractover 1 year agoAuthor

Hi, everyone. Thank you for reading until the end. I hear your feedback and appreciate it. This story had some ups and downs. I understand if it did not end as everyone expected. I hope you all took something positive away from it. Until next time!

Hi, John, thanks and I'm glad you enjoyed the ride.

Thanks Cyanide, that sums it up, my friend.

Hi Dannyboy, so happy to hear you enjoyed it tremendously!

Hey, Nthusastic. About Brent's grandmother. She was, unfortunately, committed to a hospital. It was pretty clear Brent had no way to help her, because he could not afford care. I don't feel he abandoned her. If you read it this way, I'm sorry that's how you took it. Also, he's 18, so i didn't feel like many young guys would give up their free time/hopes/dreams to slave away taking care of their infirmed grandma. I think him going out on his own was the most realistic turn of events

Hey, ST. Thanks again for making it to the end. I understand your frustrations, but I appreciate your feedback!

Hey Anon. Happy endings are the best ;)

Hey, Cantfightfate. I guess these two 18 year olds are kind of juvenile... I wrote them how i thought 18-year-olds acted. Reckless, in love, passionate to the point of stupidity. Sounds like you enjoyed the ending though, so I can't ask for more! Thank you for reading!

The_Rat_in_the_HatThe_Rat_in_the_Hatover 1 year ago

Excellent story - thoroughly absorbing right from the start, and almost immaculately written which is quite a rarity here, lol! Though I do think it calls for an epilogue, at least so that we can find out what happened to Brent’s grandmother.

jhliebermanjhliebermanover 1 year ago

A great and enjoyable series throughout and I'm glad it had a happy ending! Although I bet Ginny's Mom's reaction to her running away was quite something, haha.

SmokeylinkSmokeylinkover 1 year ago

Loved it, but hopefully someday you can add more to the story. What were Ginny’s parents reactions to her running away ? Did Nana come clean about helping Ginny, did her father finally figure what was going on finally stand up to his wife, did Diana finally realize what she lost, what about Quinn, did she finally fight for her love? Hiw are the young livers 10 years down the road? So many questions.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I’m surprised by several negative comments. My experience reading this story was quite different. I deeply cared for Brent and Ginny, which itself is an incredible feat. The character development was exquisite. I was hoping to be titillated but instead found myself both turned on and emotionally invested. The aunt was a strong villain, so it was a relief when Nana opposed her. The family of fierce women was an interesting setting, and it was nice to see how their strength was also their character flaw as a family. I thought you wrapped up the storyline of Brent’s grandma as well as could be. The state took her away. It’s heartbreaking but also understandable, given the context. You played my emotions so well. I got frustrated when Brent and Ginny were thwarted and felt grateful when they got even a moment together. This was a well-written story and I’m sad it had to end. You left me wanting more, which means you did your job well. I am a satisfied customer.

sluttyinprogresssluttyinprogressover 1 year ago

This was really good. I bought the novella because I couldn't wait for the end, and it was worth it. The plot is simple, poor guy falls in love with rich girl, but your twists with the ceremony and a matriarch family freshened out a tale as old as time :p I loved Ginny and Brent, and I wish there was more, but let them be happy ever after. I agree with the anonymous above, this is proof that your writing is good.

NymphoVirginNymphoVirginover 1 year ago

Fucking wow. I've always loved your stories so when I saw that you had written this novel I couldn't not read it. I mean I was absolutely hooked and I couldn't put this down. It's a little tamer than a normally read but it was well done and so addicting. I felt invested in Brent and Ginny's life. Thank you. Also, you should really consider self publishing this on Amazon. I think it would do well.

MrJohnnySirMrJohnnySir5 months ago

OK.

I don't hate you anymore.

You didn't disappoint me.

Very. Very. Very. Well. Done!

10 Stars!

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Yes, you resolved this well. But, yes, you also fucked us around. Fairly, not fairly?

I suppose the ratings will be the judge.

But you kind of left grandma in the lurch. Yes, her Social Security pays for where she's staying. Yes, the doctor (who won't be her doctor forever) seems like he might care.

But none of that makes up for having your loved ones caring for you (even if the elder no longer recognizes her young one.)

So that wasn't well thought through.

Over the top obstacles. Nana like a deus ex machina descending from above.

The characterizations and dialogue were pitch perfect. Some of the plot points could have been improved.

An easy five stars for every segment, but please keep challenging your undeniable talent. Don't settle for cheap thrills.

Head609RamHead609Ram5 months ago

YOUR BEST WORK SO FAR, I wish to read more. It is good to read something with a unique story line.

A 1 year sequel to the story-line, possibly? Don't forget to follow up with grandma.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

It was looong and … ok, I liked it. Nice romance. Cheers

Captcha

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userVanillaExtract@VanillaExtract
4/24/24 Hello, all. I've been hard at work on a new story, Sinful Sister. It's 60k words of sexy sibling fun! Due out Summer 2024 at Smashwords, and I'll release it here on Literotica in Summer 2025. Those of you who buy it early will give me motivation to go on writing these ...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES