All Comments on 'The Voice of Experience'

by NoTalentHack

Sort by:
  • 118 Comments
jazzharpjazzharp9 months ago

Read it folks. Well worth your time.

SerradaCSerradaC9 months ago

Brilliant, absolutely brilliant!

francemanfranceman9 months ago

It's really terrible.

I understand that she can be "sick and compulsive", but at the end of the day she's still a selfish person.

She says herself that her husband doesn't deserve this, that he deserves a better wife.

So she may love her husband, but clearly not enough to give him what he deserves.

That's the real problem!

Do you love someone enough to do what's best for them or best for you?

Clearly, she put what was best for her first.

Galama88aGalama88a9 months ago

Brilliant story

DanDraperDanDraper9 months ago

Wonderful story.

bruce1971bruce19719 months ago

Damn you, NTH! Once again, you're taking a classic setup--the wise stranger in the bar is a gag that had hair on it when Coleridge's mariner crashed a wedding--and came up with something original and meaningful. In a few short pages, you lay out pretty much all the cheating wife tropes, dig into the classic insane cheater/martian slut ray question, and come out with something new that highlights the devastation that cheaters wreak on themselves. I really love this angle, especially when she realizes that years of struggle, thoughtlessness and self-destruction could be handled with a fucking weekly shot. Powerful stuff...and REALLY well done!

mariverzmariverz9 months ago

Linda fantasía, como siempre que el no talentoso

Gracias como siempre autor (más de estas historias, menos de las tipo ningún lugar donde ir)

gatorhermitgatorhermit9 months ago
Excellent Story

My first wife was very much like Amanda. She once told me that she loved the thrill of the chase. She is now on husband number five. When her parents died, she spent the entire inheritance on cosmetic surgery that she didn’t really need. As the song says, God is great, beer is good, and people are crazy.

DreddrasDreddras9 months ago

Great stuff, as always. One of the best currently writing in the LW category.

GrandPaMGrandPaM9 months ago

I'll simply add this to bruce1871's comments: SIMPLY OUTSTANDING WORK!

Oh, and franceman - but isn't that what Addicts DO?!

GamblnluckGamblnluck9 months ago

Gave you 5 stars for an interesting, fun read.

GamblnluckGamblnluck9 months ago

Also. Your Christmas present analogy was great. I'd heard it before but not for a while.

bluengraybluengray9 months ago

WOW, JUST WOW! A very well written story from a different perspective! A very easy 5*! Thanks for writing!

miket0422miket04229 months ago

Sometimes you need a guardian angel even if she happens to be a dyed in the wool cheating slut.

Heart warming story. Thanks for sharing.

FD45FD459 months ago

There is a reason you are in my ‘follow’ list

steeltiger01steeltiger019 months ago

This reminds me a little bit of an old StangStar06 story. I like the way your story played out though; you gave us a better ending, IMHO.

Thanks for a great read.

imhaplessimhapless9 months ago

Original; I like original, 5*

afanoffanlitafanoffanlit9 months ago

That was incredibly well crafted. Thanks.

statestreetstatestreet9 months ago

Consider changing your name because you definitely have loads of talent and are no hack! That was absolutely a first-rate story! 5 *s

deadonedeadone9 months ago

A little ending twist that I was hoping for was that:

"A few days later while driving the road in front of 'that' bar I finally noticed that there was no dinner, and in fact, the building looked like it had been empty and derelict for many years. The thing is my beautiful blouse from that night still has a small grease stain from those fries."

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

so the slut hoe got everything she wanted?! No consequences??

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Dr beulahthemick; Excellent story, well written, wonderful development of the tale and not too long.

SexecutionerSexecutioner9 months ago

Or... for a reality check, you are a amoral slut, and no you didn't love your husband.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Top shelf

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

One of the best EVER!

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

When I read the title and the synopsis I thought "Not for me, thank you very much!" Then I looked at the name of the author and I knew that not reading the story simply wasn't an option. Brilliantly written, as always but there was one slight inconsistency. If the miracle drug and the arrival of Amanda's first grandchild had cured her addiction why was she at the bar trying to hook up with a man the night she and Erin met?

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

So well done. One of the best. TC Ireland.

joy_of_cookingjoy_of_cooking9 months ago

Interesting narrative technique, to stay in the diner while Amanda relates all this. I don't know if that's technically a frame story but it's similar. Very nice.

AngelRiderAngelRider9 months ago

Viagra is actually used for pulmonary hypertension but it's under a different brand name. Generic is the same though. It's not first line treatment for PH though and I can't say I have ever seen it ordered.

Lyon796Lyon7969 months ago

As with every one of your stories that I have read; this a wonderful story beautifully written.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

@franceman - which "she" are you referring to? Your critique is hard to address without knowing.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Head and shoulders better than your last one with the psycho dog abuser, but to be fair, you dropped the bar to the center of the earth on that one. Anyway, good to see the old NTH again. Hope you keep it up.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

You should be ashamed.. an original story, well told. I look forward to them.

During trials, Prozac was found to help with OCD. And to cause libido problems (in all 256 genders). Very difficult for a guy to 'fake it'.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Awesome. I know my ex-wifes friends worked with her to cheat. Now they are all divorced. Sluts of a feather.

Rwg7Rwg79 months ago

Thanks for this. One of your better stories. A cautionary tale is a seldom used genre.

CaptainbklCaptainbkl9 months ago

Good story....one of the better ones

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

It's sad that you give a cheater of her magnitude a happy ending

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

As someone already hinted at, a story that celebrated being a selfish slut ... Congrats

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

The older woman labeling her life time of repetitive cheating as an "addiction" was just her rationalization for a life time of selfish decisions and means to invoke sympathy

The older woman displayed obvious signs of entitlement and obsessive need or desire for validation and admiration. She's obviously self-obsessed with her needs, her emotions and her desires. Her self-focus and obsession with herself blinds her to the realities of life and the needs of other people. Cheating was her personal choice for ego fulfillment. The longer you live with the rewards of entitlement, the more that behavior is re-enforced. To enjoy cheating, you have to suppress empathy for your partner.

Cheating is an abusive power dynamic that reaps real rewards. Her lack of empathy for others including her long time spouse made cheating easier for her and it reinforced her belief that she was far too intelligent and superior to ever get caught. In addition to this, she knew that she was very skilled at manipulation and deception. Therefore, she was confident that if she was ever to get caught, she would be able to deceive and gaslight their partner into believing they are mistaken.

The declaration of "love" for her spouse rings hollow because at no time in her marriage did she ever put her spouse over her own selfish needs. Anything that raised her up, made her feel better, advanced her position in life always came first. She stayed in the marriage for purely selfish reasons and obviously believed that her husband didn't deserve someone who could be faithful to him.

Bluehorse64Bluehorse649 months ago

This was so good, so introspective. And as a person with a bit of an addictive personality myself, it's nice to see addiction explained in a way hopefully others will understand.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

So well written…yet so unsatisfying. I think that was because of the implied “chemical” based excuse for why Amanda was such a slut. Of course, as is the case in reality, extreme narcissism was the root cause. All of her rationalizing aside, Amanda was a slut that needed to get fucked by a variety of men. Sad, really.

.

But at least telling her tale MAY have been tne intervention that Erin needed.

.

5 *****

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

It's a good story!

But .... I don't think the 'real' problem has been solved, nor am I sure that an actual solution even exists for people who experience these kinds of 'urges'.

And so, despite good intentions and having managed to dodge the bullet 'this time', I can't help feeling that the wife has not totally eluded similar future urges.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Superlative cautionary story.

IrishLaddy59IrishLaddy599 months ago

That was a profoundly enjoyable read. Those two women were as real as any characters I've read here. Well done indeed.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Damn, the Hack strikes again. Amanda is a truly repugnant person. The prospective cheater has very questionable character as well. Her husband deserves better.

mazk1098mazk10989 months ago

After reading summary, I didn't have big hopes for this one. I'm not ashamed to admit that I was pleasantly suprised by this story. 5/5

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

OK story but didn't wow me. Stopped her that night and maybe she can find what is missing. However, her confession now gets her husband on guard and may have trust issues. Why confess? If he wants to know why she is home she can say the girls were going in a direction she doesn't like and it is over. He would LOVE her for that!

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

NTH strikes again with another classic! Very well played sir! Outstanding MC in Amanda. 5* deserves more.

SunnyU2SunnyU29 months ago

I like your writing, but I thought this one was pretty boring too be honest. No tension. No real drama.

silentsoundsilentsound9 months ago

WOW! As usual, this was a much stronger story than it seemed to start as.

You are a strong finisher.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Would like a quick epilog. Want to know how the friend group made out

GardenshedGardenshed9 months ago

Great story, good read. This was the best version of this type of story I have read so far. Although just caught 1 little mistake was she drinking a coke or coffee both were mentioned LOL…..

Thanks for writing. 5⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Nice job. Five stars.

JPB

amygdalaamygdala9 months ago

Wow you are an amazing author 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Damn, love this author. He continually turns out unique treatments of otherwise tired tropes. Always fresh and interesting. Keep 'em coming!

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

husband was far too quick to just accept her version of events. This same 'fake story' could be used as an excuse by any cheating cum dumpster, to trick a weak-minded 'hubby' into thinking all is right with the world again.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Another great one from NTH.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103x9 months ago

"I can't remember the last time we did something new in bed." - So when did she suggest something new? Or not say, "Ew, gross," when he suggested something?

\

"She took a sip of her coffee" "She took a drink of her Coke" - Which is it, coffee or Coke?

\

I wouldn't have told him everything. I would have said I was quitting my job and/or dropping those friends because they were cheaters and/or wannabe cheaters, and were trying to drag her down with them.

\

@franceman, "So she may love her husband, but clearly not enough to give him what he deserves." That may have been true at the beginning, but not at the end.

NudeInMaineNudeInMaine9 months ago

Nice story. Linda from the”February Sucks” stories should have met Amanda. Then discarded all her so called friends.

kirei8kirei89 months ago

A pretty good story about a slut that was awoken. And about yet another stupid fucking wimp of a husband who let her, almost condoned her, going out to drink and dance and carouse with strangers. No recipe for disaster there.

TnicollTnicoll9 months ago

Another great one from NTH! I’m really glad I didn’t let my mistake of reading the comments keep me from reading this story. Not sure what story a lot of them read but it wasn’t this one!

1Thinkingman1Thinkingman9 months ago

"so the slut hoe got everything she wanted?! No consequences??" You missed the point. First she lost the love of her life. Yes she never got caught but that didn't change the outcome. Second she found that she could not change without the drug, and that is a kick to her ego. She was fully repentant while realizing she could not help herself. She was not redeemed in the story. Her life story saved someone else. Good out of evil. I may not like her but she helped someone when she didn't need too. *****

SyzyguySyzyguy9 months ago

5* This is an effective and different take on the GNO trope. Amanda's advice/story was neutral, in that it didn't tell Erin what to do, but it did give her the space and opportunity to decide for herself. I'm glad that she chose Stan. Thank you for posting it.

MasterKoteMasterKote9 months ago

Not bad but honestly not sure if this would actually help a stranger not to cheat

Monagamous_NowMonagamous_Now9 months ago

Well done!

A 'different' story from the quite talented, NTH!

JustOneMansOpinionJustOneMansOpinion9 months ago

5-stars. This was an intervention story, not an LW. Even so, there really isn't any other place to put it. Well written for the most part, even if it was a little long in the middle it didn't cause me to give up on it. Thanks for the story.

UnassignedUnassigned9 months ago

NoTalentHack - righting one overused, leaky LW ship at a time. That you're able to take fresh - and much deeper - looks at so many well-worn LW plots is beyond impressive, and of course the writing quality and dialog put you in very rarefied air on this site.

.

On a side note, it's interesting that none of the LW Inner Circle (r) seem to comment on your stories.

BearcatfozzyBearcatfozzy9 months ago

Another great one from a great author who is anything but a no talent hack. Thank you.

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bc9 months ago

You have the writing part down. I had tears in my eyes at the end. Great, believable storyline and I was 100% in your universe - 4.8*

ChopinesqueChopinesque9 months ago

Remarkable story, well told. You might do a sequel, 'Amanda Finds Her Way' How might she do that? Her first love might be involved? Her new friend?

Boyd PercyBoyd Percy9 months ago

Wonderful story!

5

DrtywrdsmithDrtywrdsmith9 months ago

Well done! ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

rustynail95rustynail959 months ago

Whew!!! What a great story! NTH does wind another great story that isn't a cliche. Very vivid dialog. The thing about addiction is one of the best descriptions that I've read. Well done. Five big stars.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Eh.

A woman who apparently had developed an addiction to sex based on her brain chemistry, told her scary story to a woman who was tempting fate by going down the road to cheat on her husband.

Like taking juvenile delinquents to a a jail and seeing how hardened criminals live.

So she saved one marriage. Or maybe she’s saved others, too, on other nights.

So now she’s the Mother Theresa of Sluts.

🥱

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

In another of those "two types of people" classifications; there are those who are like crabs in a bucket grabbing and pulling back the ones trying to get out, and those who want to help you find a better way for yourself.

For both groups the behavior is irrespective of their motivations. Their why's are mostly irrelevant. What matters is your recognition of the result on your life of of allowing their attitudes and behaviors to affect your own. Amanda wasn't a member of the first group and was able to recognize for herself, and show Erin, that hanging out with the slutty GNO group was going to be her downfall. Whether she did it out of genuine altruism or just a desire to salve her own conscience matters not to Erin and her husband. Only that Amanda was able to reach her and help her change her path.

For those who think the Amanda's of the world are irredeemable, they haven't learned the true lesson, that sincere contrition coupled with changed thoughts and actions may not remove the stains of the past, but it can at least somewhat paper them over, and in the end is the best repentance the world will get from a (former) wrongdoer.

That's a lot of depth for less than 3 full Lit pages.

Thank you to the very talented most certainly not a hack.

☆☆☆☆☆

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Now this is what I call a story. Well done.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Good job.

The setting of her sordid history was necessary for context, and to make the young wife form a personal connection... but the very short list of what she needed to do to be a successful cheat painted a stark picture of a lonely, valueless existence.

I am sure the older woman knew without a doubt that even though she was giving her the tools to cheat, she was stopping the young wife cold.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

@MasterKote, respectfully, I tend to disagree. For a normal, everyday housewife, the picture the older woman created of the measures she would have to take to keep her secrets would scare anyone who just wanted to live a standard, daily life...

But look at it again, the older woman kept her word, she didn't tell the young wife not to cheat... not once.

She actually delivered on her promise to show the young wife how to get away with it... then left it all in the young wife's hands.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

JOMO says he thinks this was not a LW story. I feel that a LW story is exactly what this is. We find two wives on opposite sides of the same dilemma. Erin, a young wife is contemplating a "hobby" that will most certainly shatter her world when her husband discovers it. An older, now widowed Amanda shares how the same "hobby" still shattered her life even though she's sure her husband never discovered it.

Amanda tells Erin why and how this hobby is a mistake. Intervention? You bet, but Amanda was still a wife who loved her husband even if her odd compulsion didn't reflect that. And Erin, who loves her husband and despite the assurances of her coworkers, still held an intuitive speculation that her life would be going off the rails should she end up cheating. Amanda gave Erin a vision of things to come and the clarity to make the right decision. 5☆

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Oh, and a personal "thanks a lot!" for giving my ADD brain another rabbit to chase down its spiraling hole of the internet! I had not heard about semaglutide before and this extremely interesting side effect. How many hours will I waste chasing about the various side tunnels while running after the rabbit? I wonder if there is a pill for that?

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

I’m always pleased to see another of your stories because it’s almost a guaranteed 5star! Thanks again. An old curmudgeon

RePhilRePhil9 months ago

Dam you sure can entertain!! 5&FAV

PowersworderPowersworder9 months ago

Excellent as usual, well done!

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

NTH is one of those rare current LW authors that can do both: write and present premises without loads of cliches.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

The premise really had my interest, until it became clear it wouldn't be followed. I'd love to have read the version where she does indeed mentor her student. That story hasn't been written, the one you posted has.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

I liked it. Cheers.

Captcha

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Teh b3st writer on zis site! 10/10!!!1111

-

And as the comments pour (poor?) in, there will be smooth-brains who miss the point, the moral, and the pure craftsmanship of the story, because like Amanda, they are addicted to something dangerous.... anger.

-

Lay it out there, OP, because you are a professional quality storyteller.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Heaven preserve us all from getting what we deserve.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

A good artist evokes emotions - I'm sopping up tears as I write this comment.

Amicus1965Amicus19659 months ago

If "Amanda" were "Angela" and Rod Serling voiced the intro it would be a great episode. A great read nonetheless.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Best new author on LW In a very long time. Please keep writing - I look forward to every one of your tales. Bravo.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

I liked it and enjoyed it. It was very well told. Thank You for sharing it with us. I gave it 5 stars.

BSreaderBSreader9 months ago
As

Always a nice job. Thank you

Vadar990155Vadar9901559 months ago

Five big stars for this gem! You remind me of James Lee Burke the way you put words together. You give these stories away for free. Hot damn!

Regguy69Regguy699 months ago

Very well done, as always. Novel subject matter for LW. Thanks for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Awesome we'll written a nice twist in the end truly a loving wife

Billy_Ray_BanBilly_Ray_Ban9 months ago

Great story.... Not what I was expecting. But pleasantly surprised how it turned out.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userNoTalentHack@NoTalentHack
If you want to use one of my characters in your story or write an unofficial sequel or prequel or side story to one of my stories, please feel free to do so. I only ask a few things of you: 1. Credit me as the originator of the character/story. 2. DO NOT monetize it. This in...