All Comments on 'The Walker Colt. Lost Love'

by Andyhm

Sort by:
  • 29 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Outstanding Story!

Andyhm you are an outstanding writer and story teller! I cannot wait until you write another Colt story.

Best Wishes,

DOS

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
What a great story

And it was worth the wait to get the 2nd chapter.

Thanks for your efforts.

AlunCarregTheWelshmanAlunCarregTheWelshmanabout 4 years ago
i'm waiting

those years rolled by can't for the next chapter

musicman1261musicman1261about 4 years ago

Great story and great series! Looking forward to more chapters in the future!

stev2244stev2244about 4 years ago

Enthralling and very well written story. I'm glad that you gave us a hint at what happened to Billy in the end. I was afraid that you'd leave that as a cliffhanger.

Omart57Omart57about 4 years ago
Man what a-

Great story! You have captured our attention! Looking forward to more of these!

Crusader235Crusader235about 4 years ago

Wonderful story, what an adventure back into the old west. Cant wait for the rest of the story.

MsCherylTerraMsCherylTerraabout 4 years ago

Such a great read! Thank you for posting!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Teriffc read

Very entertaining and a great read. Thank you.

LeFrog08LeFrog08about 4 years ago

Excellent read. I really enjoy this story line.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Great stories

I hope to see more chapters.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Great story

Loved it. Collector of old guns myself.

Olden_GreyOlden_Greyabout 4 years ago
Great stories!

More, please!

DDAY55DDAY55about 4 years ago
Great Tale

I hope your life on the water keeps your creative juices flowing. You have a major talent. Thanks.

BartBaxterBartBaxteralmost 4 years ago
DDAY55 said it quite nicely

La Grange, Chicken Ranch, brothel, and Zindler are all part of another story for another time and place. But I must commend you for being a remarkably well informed European to have made your tie-in to this story.

Man, I really like these first two chapters. I really hope you keep more coming. You are a natural for a second career.

dgfergiedgfergiealmost 4 years ago
excellent!

Well done with great detail. Keep it up.

LeFrog08LeFrog08over 3 years ago

I enjoyed this one even more

than the first chapter, even

though both are second reads.

Well done, Sir.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

What an excellent format! this can go on for as long as the author wishes. A total and refreshing change from the normal fare. Most interesting. 5*s.

new_readernew_readeralmost 3 years ago

who were the would be thieves then? seems like he almost recognised one of them.

jenellesljenelleslover 2 years ago

Keep writing as your muse directs you.

Can they live their lives in peace?

ChopinesqueChopinesquealmost 2 years ago

Oh man that's good. Thank you for a very fine read.

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbimanover 1 year ago

EXCELLNT, both arts. Old West, a little paranormal, good men and women doing the right things. Plus, I got to read about the Guns on the Internet and the Rifle company. Thanks.

JustOneMansOpinionJustOneMansOpinionover 1 year ago

Great story, lot of inaccurate terms used, but it was good for a Brit. They were called Texas Rangers. The Rangers first were commissioned in 1823 by Stephen Austin. Their primary role was to protect the frontier from Indian raids. They did this for $1.25 a day and provided their own provisions and mounts. The Walker Colt was the collaboration between Samuel Walker and Sam Colt. They were manufactured to specifications by Eli Whitney in Whitneyville Connecticut for Sam Colt in New York N.Y. in 1847, 1100 were produced. And if you're interested you can look up much more on the internet. It was a good work of fiction, but it could have used a little more research. Not bad for a non-Texan and a Brit to boot. 5-stars.

DarknsDarknsover 1 year ago

@Andyhm … I really enjoyed both stories, mate. A big 5 star thumbs up!

LwcbyLwcbyover 1 year ago

Enjoyed both stories, hopefully the pistol talks too you very soon. We need another one... Thanks... Don't worry about the inaccurate terms... You're telling from a brits perspective, of course he wouldn't know how to talk right... 😁

Crusader235Crusader23511 months ago

Both stories were great reads. I love a good western, and the going back in history to billy's time just added to the history. Five stars!

KinPAKinPA10 months ago

This should be made into a movie…

Eagerly awaiting the Walker to talk again!

WisquejacWisquejac4 months ago

Excellent set of stories. Thank you.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userAndyhm@Andyhm
Jan 2023 I’m afraid that for the foreseeable future I’ve had to put hold any work on current and future stories on this site. There is so much going on in my life currently that I’m unable to justify the time I spend writing short stories. Hopefully this will be a temporary h...