The Ward Ch. 05

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Ready to explode in his pants, Edmund removed his hand from beneath her skirts and drew Sage closer.

"Was that so terrible?" he whispered against her temple, slightly trembling with his painful restraint. Before then, he was unsure whether she had ever experienced such a release. Now, was delighted to be first witness.

Sage tiredly shook her head against his shoulder. "I never imagined it would feel so divine."

"It will get better," he answered wickedly, leaning back to stroke her cheek, delicately flushed from excitement. His warm gaze moved to her soft, creamy breasts, still heaving with breathlessness.

"Sage, you are perfection," he said, stroking the tempting curves with his fingertips. "I think I was set upon marrying you since the day I forced you to bathe."

"With no knowledge of my character," Sage sniffed with an offended air, though she was smiling.

"Oh, I had indication of your nature in the forest," Edmund said dryly. "You held my attention from the beginning."

"When I was an old crone?" she said innocently, but softly squealed as Edmund warningly pinched a nipple.

"I expect you will soon explain that to me..."

They started, slightly breaking apart as someone knocked persistently at the door and began to turn the handle. Edmund dragged a cushion over Sage's breasts just in time as Simon nervously entered the room.

"M-My Lord, I am so...I am...Forgive my intrusion...I...I..." He stuttered profusely, fixing his eyes to the ceiling and not sure what to make of the scene before him. He'd never seen either Sage or the Master in such a flustered state of undress, and he was mortified. But his purpose was more important than decorum, so he prayed.

"What is it, Simon?" Edmund asked, his tone deadly as he gently set Sage from his lap, careful not to disrupt her skirts. "Why did you not wait for admittance? Why have you sought me out, without consulting Joel?"

Simon broke into a sweat, with his eyes still discreetly on the ceiling. "That's the very matter, my Lord. I can't find him anywhere. No one can. And Sophia, from the kitchen, she saw him with...And ...I...And I..."

"What?" Edmund thundered. "You, what?"

Finally, Simon dared meet Edmund's angry gaze. "I fear for him," he whispered.

Edmund stared a moment, until he made the connection. "Go, Simon. Joel will be fine."

Simon looked desperate. "My Lord, I must tell you-"

"The creature took him, I know," Edmund curtly interjected, and pointed to the door. "Go. Speak of this to no one."

Nodding, Simon brushed tears from his eyes and hurried from the room, looking confused beyond his years. Edmund turned on Sage.

"Edmund, he wouldn't...I wouldn't! " Sage faltered, re-lacing the front of her dress and terrified by the dark accusation in his face. "Edmund I am very fond of Joel. I would never...! Why do you look at me that way?"

Edmund's features relaxed and he shook his head. "No, I believe you wouldn't. You saved Simon, after all."

"But-"

Edmund dropped to his knees and seized her shoulders. "You must tell me where," he said urgently. "You must tell me where to find him. I will go alone."

"Edmund, no! He'll-"

"If he assured you that he won't harm me, then he won't," Edmund said bitterly. "He would not risk tarnishing your regard for him. But he made no other promise, do you understand? I must find Joel! He is not just my servant! He-" Edmund choked. "My parents would rise from their graves and drag me to Hell if I let harm befall him."

Sage's face was very pale, her expression frighteningly deadpan as she reached for a quiver and dipped the ink. Without looking at Edmund, she passed him the handkerchief upon which she'd drawn.

"Begin at the point we first met. The castle will appear empty land, but the glamour will vanish when touched with intention. Go," she said woodenly, still staring at the bedside.

Edmund pocketed the roughly constructed map and reached for her. "Sage-"

"Go!" she cried, pushing his hands away. "Leave me!" Then she covered her face as tears moistened her palms, muttering her grief.

"What?" Edmund said quietly, but Sage ignored him and curled up on the bed, knowing he heard clearly enough.

I should have left with him tonight.

Edmund hesitated, his heart twisting at Sage's misery. But Joel was in trouble, and on that thought he snatched his scabbard and left Sage sobbing on the bed.