All Comments on 'The Way Back to the Sea'

by Northstar4695

Sort by:
  • 16 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

A very good story, though I want some form of epilogue that tells me if they made it. 5*

Fireguy1956Fireguy1956almost 2 years ago

A very well written and thoroughly enjoyable story. One can only imagine the terror that was gone through, but you described it excellently. Every bit worthy of 5 stars!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

I enjoyed the story, but some details of what the characters like about each other would be an improvement. Also, any captain who hasn’t sent a pan-pan before he needs send a mayday, has made a serious mistake.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Someone who has never been to sea in a storm can never appreciate the power of water. The rogue wave that is one in a thousand. You have described it well and woven in the characters to fit. Thank you.

KinPAKinPAalmost 2 years ago

Beyond excellent!

Davester37Davester37almost 2 years ago

What a beautiful story. Thank you for writing and thank you for sharing your work.

ShandiinAngelShandiinAngelalmost 2 years ago

A genuinely deightful story - a true gem. Having served at sea, the words of the Sailor's Hymn ring true. I am delighted at the conclusion - the call of the sea is real and palpable. 5/5

teedeedubteedeedubalmost 2 years ago

Outstanding. Thanks for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

A very well written story. There is clear theme. The story flows. The characters are presented in way the reader can identify with them and care deeply about them. Though this obviously is a complete story, once invested in them it is natural to wonder about and hope for their future. Realistically they will be separated in the future by her career, but one hopes for a miracle. I think the loss of Nico affected me the most. What a beautiful character.

Thank you for a great read.

The Hoary Cleric

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Good story, very well written.

Would love a sequel.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

although a few minor typos and/or missing words overall this is well written, believable story well worth at least 5 stars. The conflcions felt by the lead characters due to 'survivor guilt' is a well documented result of major disasters son I can well understand the narrators wish to take things one day at a time.

I don't think this story needs further expansion this couple needs time alone to work into their future lives but Ilook forward to more storiesfrom the author in the future.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Very nice story, one of the most unique stories I’ve read here. I did think the ending was pretty abrupt, I would have liked a little better idea of what the couple did “after”. But as-is, the story is certainly a five star submission. Thanks, Northstar.

KarenCDFLKarenCDFLalmost 2 years ago

I really liked your story but at the end I felt you got bored with writing it and just went to The End.

I really expected them to eventually have a child and name it Nico.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

This is a fine short story. I didn’t mind it wasn’t loaded with lots of gratuitous sex. I was deeply moved by your description of the pathos of the shipwreck—the bravery, the terror, the steely determination of the doomed captain and crew. Your description of the advancing hypothermia was most convincing. You must be drawing on a lot of personal knowledge and experience. Please keep writing. I don’t think you need to limit yourself to erotica though it is a great place to hone your writing skills.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Very nice story.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userNorthstar4695@Northstar4695
The North Star is a guide to explorers, sailors, soldiers, wanderers, travelers, and all lovers of the outdoors. If it guided you to my stories, I suppose you might be one of these.

SIMILAR Stories