All Comments on 'The Way Things Are'

by QuantumMechanic1957

Sort by:
  • 35 Comments
lujon2019lujon2019over 2 years ago

Oh look

a cuck story

with no cuck tag

one star for lying

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Meh

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I tagged cuck story, 1*

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 2 years ago

Sounded a wee bit like the stories about wives teaching young men about sex.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Alas, tis a wretched turn of the cuckold's worm,

that tells a tale so fell.

And now Anon is want to raile,

against the beast LW knows too well!

Art the tellers of these tales filled with no concern?

For favor falls but very far

and yields but one lone star!

Imaginative setting, still a cuck tale. - TANSTAAFL

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

The pathetic so-called author and his pathetic story about the cuckold. During the Renaissance, a betrayed husband had the right to defend his honor and pride in Italy. The cheating wife and her lover would be killed. For men in those days, honor and pride were very important, they did not share their wives, it was inconceivable to them. Someone like the author would be excluded from society, no one would greet him, no one would invite him home, no one would talk to him, he would be a laughingstock 0*

LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA-MACHO CHAD

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I wonder if young John will be tasked with planting a grove of trees in the palazzo's garden??

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Good story. Machiavellian indeed. While almost a cuck, the Lord of the Manor took control of the situation and leveraged it to his advantage.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

weird and convoluted.

Regguy69Regguy69over 2 years ago

Cuck Story? No, I’d say this is more of a recognition of an limited open marriage, Although the wife didn’t know it until he confessed. In the end they both agreed, so not really a cuck story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Well written and amusing. Made me chuckle. Thank you.

mattenwmattenwover 2 years ago

Judging from your story, there must have been idiots 500 years ago. I can assure you they are still not extinct as your story proves!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Great Dialogue

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

WTF- that's all I can say. 1*

john_sixfooterjohn_sixfooterover 2 years ago

Excellent, 5 ⭐️s.

Great scene, original, refreshing.

I understand the cuck hater/lovers distress. This too refined and evolved for their dullardry.

Prince020402Prince020402over 2 years ago

That was refreshinfg and outside of the usual for this site. Well written. I have no doubt that adultery, cuckold and any other fetishes that we have today have been just as prevalent in eras other than our own.

Legio_Patria_NostraLegio_Patria_Nostraover 2 years ago

I agree with my Doppelganger.

iameaseliameaselover 2 years ago

Well you obviously felt that this losing hand was worth bluffing with.

As much as you tried to pass this fecal firestorm off as something other than what it was, and what it was was literally the usual cuck story, written in the usual idiotic, empty cuck manner, it didn't work.

"Clearly you werent seducing him to run off with him" (paraphrasing) seriously? Do you realize just how fucking weak that was? Im guessing you dont, but the mentally ill tend to not be that self aware.

I laugh at your claims that this was a "questionable morals" issue....no, that wasnt even close to what you gave us. Smoke screen cuck shit should piss off every reader, as this is clearly a swipe at the intelligence of all of us. And sadly for you, we arent all mouth breathers.

eljj5456eljj5456over 2 years ago
Please please please read this story

It will help you sleep till the next Renaissance😁

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Fag Cuck Shit. Oh, but he was a cheating asshole too. while encouraging his wife to become a young punk's slut. They deserve each other. I hope the incurable venereal disease prevalent in that age is slow and painful, for both of them. Thanks for the effort.

26thNCuck26thNCuckover 2 years ago

5 Stars

Loved it.

-26thNC Approved

invisible_bridgesinvisible_bridgesover 2 years ago

Reminds me of Italian Renaissance ribald tales ---- those of Boccaccio in particular. It's an intelligent, well-written story that brings something fresh to the LW category, and as such deserves 5 stars.

.

That said, the story's detached, sophisticated tone is not going to hit the sweet spot with most LW readers. There is no emotional engagement, other than a wry amusement. We LW readers do love our angst.

26thNC26thNCover 2 years ago

2 Stars

Well written , But aRenaissance Cuck

26thNCuck Disapproved

SyzyguySyzyguyalmost 2 years ago

A tongue in cheek approach; I liked the humorous style and the novel take. I don't think it would have panned out like this in real life (the nobility/wealthy could be very concerned about legitimate heirs) but it's your universe after all. You really are very good at this LW writing. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Thank you for a really neat story.

anubeloreanubeloreover 1 year ago

If it wasn't for the decision to allow her one or two "more" lovers, each with a guaranteed 15 nights each, whilst he's had exactly seven extramarital sexual encounters, lasting one night each, I might've enjoyed this more. It's excellently written, to be sure. Alas the inclusion of that, and her gracious "concession" of allowing him a night or two with a young lady, himself, in exchange for her guaranteed 15, and likely additional 30...left a sour aftertaste in my metaphorical mouth.

I mean, I dislike the whole concept, of course, but you painted the picture well enough that I actually managed to begin enjoying the story, before that particular detail was agreed to. And I have to say it just doesn't fit, a Machiavelli agreeing to such a lopsided deal.

CaptFlintCaptFlintover 1 year ago

Clever presentation, very well written. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Nope. A cuck is a cuck regardless of the calendar date. 2 stars.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Quite amusing story, thank you for sharing.

On a side note, I find the comments of the haters nearly as amusing as the story itself. Sorry guys, your humorless indignation seems so funny to me.

A_BierceA_Bierce9 months ago

Loved the tone and style of the dialogue, the whole storytelling, tbh. Pity so many of the commentistas had their sense of humor shot off in the war. Or something.

SystemShockSystemShock9 months ago

Reads like a bad Monty Python skit. Don't quit your day job, sir; comedy is not for you.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Yes, cheating is not humorous, nor is a proper subject for ribaldry. Poor taste sir, poor taste.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

It started out okay, I guess, and then just devolved into extremely stupid territory.

Too bad, I was sorta hoping for an LW story that wasn't set in modern times.

Instead, I got this farce.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Naprawdę dziwię się ze są osoby którym te opowiadanie się podoba. To nie jest hejt to opowiadanie to idiotyzm do potęgi. Nie zgadzam się z komentarzem ze jest to zabawna historia. Widocznie ten sam poziom umysłowy co i twórcy opowiadania. Moja ocena 0

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userQuantumMechanic1957@QuantumMechanic1957
Retiring soon (I hope) from a 40+ year engineering career. Happily married to my best friend, with children and grandchildren. Have been writing various novels and short stories for years, including some personalized ones for friends and family (Its a nice gift, your own story...