The Weddings

Story Info
The next chapter in the three sisters' lives.
14.7k words
4.88
7.9k
23

Part 8 of the 8 part series

Updated 11/14/2023
Created 02/20/2021
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

This story is a follow-up to 'Across a crowded room' and I suggest that you need to read that first. It deals with the wedding of Constance and Nicole and also tells the story of Charlotte and Chloe. It is told from the point of view of the three 'sisters'. There will be a long lead-in before there is any sexual activity, so if that is what you're after, look elsewhere.

All characters are fictitious and over eighteen when involved in anything sexual, which is all consensual. Any resemblance to other persons is accidental.

In memory of Maonaigh, who encouraged so many of us and who left us in June 2023.

Getting home - Charlotte

It didn't take long to clear immigration and then I grabbed a trolley just as the first of the cases started to appear on the belt in baggage reclaim. I hate all the pushing and shoving, everyone wanting to get their trolley as close to the belt as possible, so I stood back a little until my case came down the chute. I loaded that onto the cart just as my cricket bag popped up. It seemed heavier than it had been when I'd left for Australia, but I had acquired a couple of new bats. My holdall and laptop bag went on the top and despite being 5' 10" I could only just see to steer, add to that I was feeling a little frazzled after a long, long flight.

Sarah was standing right opposite the sliding door as it opened and when we met, she grabbed me in a huge hug. "I've missed you, we've all missed you. I'm glad you're back safe." She kissed my cheek and as we pulled apart, I saw that she was crying.

I laughed, "You missed me so much that you're in tears when you see me?"

"I love you; I always have and these are tears of relief and joy because you're home safe. Come on, let's go."

We didn't get much chance to talk as we negotiated our way through the milling crowds and to the car, into which we loaded my bags. Sarah concentrated on getting out of the car park and onto the motorway. As she did so I checked her out. I'd known her all of my life and seen lots of pictures of her, including a spread from a gossip magazine when she was only twenty. She'd been a beautiful young woman back then and now in her mid-fifties, she'd matured into an elegant, attractive one who could still turn heads. My Mum, Sarah's partner, had also aged well and it made me smile, as I shared so many of her features. I hoped I'd look as good at their age.

"So, how is Mum?" I asked when things finally settled down.

"She's great. Been working some long hours recently on a big case, but it should be over today or tomorrow. She's good. I've been looking after her and haven't done much recently, I narrated an audiobook and have done a couple of coaching sessions, but not much else."

"Are the team looking good? Will there be a chance for me to play?"

"Unless the Coach goes off her head, you'll be in."

"Have you heard from Chloe? The last time I spoke with her was a couple of weeks ago."

"I had a Zoom call with her on Sunday and she hopes to be here at the end of next week, but she hasn't sorted her flights yet. Everything last-minute as usual."

"And Connie?"

"She's good, great, she's changed. She was missing you and Chloe; she'd lost her spark and .... well, she wasn't herself. Then we went to the opening of Faith's new studio and she met Nicole. Love at first sight so they both say. I think they've spent three nights apart since and two of those were because Nicole had to go away on business."

"Nicole seems nice, but it's hard to tell from a video call."

"I like her, she's very clever, seems sensible, is polite, good fun and drop-dead gorgeous. She seems as potty about Connie as Connie is about her. Connie's back to her old self, but she seems taller, lighter, better looking even."

"I'm looking forward to meeting her. I'm pleased for Connie."

We chatted non-stop about what had happened whilst I'd been away and of course, there was a great deal of conversation about the cricket I'd played.

I was a bit surprised to see Mum when we pulled up outside the house, I'd been expecting her to still be at work, but she raced down the path and grabbed me. The hug was well-meant, but she almost squeezed me to death. "Miss me then?" I asked.

"Of course. I skipped out of work early; I couldn't wait to see you. But here you are and looking well."

"Mum, I look as if I've been on a plane for several days, I'm a mess, but it's kind of you." Sarah and I brought our bags inside whilst Mum went to make a cup of tea, proper tea which I'd missed since I'd left months earlier.

We chatted for a while, filling in the blanks with the things I hadn't reported during our web conversations. They told me all of their news before I went to shower and change for dinner.

I asked Mum about Connie. "I'm sure Sarah told you most of it. She seems happy and the two of them are crazy about each other. I like Nicole, no denying she's gorgeous but also just really lovely. They'll be over tomorrow, they wanted to come tonight but I wanted you to myself."

Eventually, the weariness of travel started to overcome me and I headed for bed. I don't remember anything until after nine the next morning.

*****

The following morning, Sarah helped me with laundry and I caught up on my emails and messages. The cricket club wanted to see me and I had two offers from companies that supply teachers to fill in for absences.

I was helping Sarah with dinner when Mum arrived and she grabbed me as if she hadn't seen me for months.

Twenty minutes later I heard the door open and a whirling dervish flew into the room flinging herself at me. There was a warm hug and several kisses before she backed away to check me over. "Great to see you again. I've missed you."

I smiled at her, "Nice to see you as well, but I hear that you haven't missed me so much since you met Nicole." I turned away from Connie to the tall, slim, blonde with a delightful smile who was standing by the door. "Hi, Nicole, my sister seems to have forgotten her manners. It's nice to meet you in person."

I threw out a hand and as she took it, I thought better of it and embraced her. There was an initial surprise but she reciprocated and added, "It's nice to meet you too, despite all of the things I've heard about you."

"I'm sure she didn't tell you all the stories, there are a few secrets that need to be shared."

The next half hour was a torrent of news and questions as we caught up once again. Eventually Mum called a halt and we sat down for dinner.

I had ten minutes alone with Connie and of course, I had to ask, "Nicole is rather gorgeous and I like her, but how serious is it?"

Connie sat on the bed and fiddled with her blouse before looking up at me with a serious look on her face. "I felt something really special the minute our eyes met, I jumped into bed with her three hours later and had the best sex ever. It's not just that, everything about her is great and she feels the same way about me. I'm certain, never surer. I'm going to marry her."

I gave her a hug, "I'm happy for you sis. Just don't rush too quickly."

I thought about the two of them when they left and sat with Mum and Sarah for a bedtime drink. "They're crazy about each other, as you said, and I like Nicole. I don't think I've ever seen Connie so alive or happy."

"It can't be denied, they're good together," replied Mum.

"I always thought that Connie was attractive, but not in an obvious way. That seems to have changed, she looks great as if she's bloomed."

Lying in bed, I thought about my sister and hoped that I'd find someone just as special one day. There hadn't been anyone significant in my life for a while. That's not to say I hadn't dated, I had but they were never repeated on more than a couple of occasions. I was looking for something but I didn't know what.

*****

I spent the rest of the week at the cricket ground, training and discussing the new season. I attended an interview and was offered a teaching post which I would need to think about.

Chloe sent word that she'd got a flight home arriving on Friday and had a friend with her who would be staying with us for a few days. She hadn't given any details in the brief message, so we weren't sure what the relationship was or even the gender of the friend.

Sarah left early for the airport and I'd have gone with her but had another meeting I couldn't get out of.

I'd just made a pot of coffee when I heard the car outside and a few seconds later Chloe appeared grinning. She looked as if she'd just flown for hours after a night on the tiles, but she had a great tan, looked fit and had an enormous smile. We hugged without words for a while before pulling apart. "Hi, I missed you," I said.

"I was busy and didn't realise how much I missed all of you until last week. I'm glad I'm here and I can't wait to see Connie and meet Nicole. Oh, this is my friend Lydia."

I saw a young woman standing in the doorway for the first time. She looked shy, but then she didn't know any of us except Chloe. She was shorter than my 5' 10", maybe 5' 6" slim, with a pretty face, skin the colour of milky coffee and she had huge hair. "Hi, you must be Charlotte, the cricketer. It's nice to meet you, I've heard a few stories about you." She smiled as she spoke.

I smiled back as I shook her hand. "It's nice to meet you as well and I suspect most of the stories have been exaggerated even if they have an element of fact in them. Maybe we can check that later."

We all had a drink before Chloe headed to change and I showed Lydia where she was staying. "This was Connie's room but as she's moved in with Nicole, so she doesn't need it, although she still has some stuff here."

"It's wonderful, huge compared with my room at the camp."

I wasn't sure what she was referring to, but there was time to get to that later. "This room and mine share a bathroom, through there."

"Oh, is that okay with you?" She looked uncertain.

"Connie and I managed fine ever since we moved in here about ten years ago, I suspect it will be okay. I'll let you get sorted, then come down to the kitchen."

Chloe was busy telling us about the film project she'd been working on and the reason she'd come home for a couple of weeks when Lydia arrived. She still looked a bit shy but had changed into a clean skirt and sweater. Her enormous hair was pulled back with a headband. She was more attractive than I'd realised when she first arrived.

Sarah handed Lydia a drink and asked, "Are you involved with the film project as well?"

"No, it's nothing to do with me. I was the assistant manager at the camp where Chloe was based. Her team used two of the staff cottages, so they spent time with the staff." She answered.

"You were staying in a safari camp? That must have been pretty nice." I asked.

"The camp is wonderful and the guests have everything, well most things, it is in the middle of the bush after all. No, we just used the staff area as our base. Occasionally one of us would go out on a game drive with guests acting as a guide and sometimes we had dinner with them and gave a talk, but our conditions were pretty basic."

"So, what brings you here Lydia?" Mum asked.

"I came here when I was sixteen to study catering management, at New College and stayed until I went to Africa a couple of years ago. I decided that I'd had enough of the bush and by chance, I learned that the college here, where I trained, is looking for a restaurant manager. It's not certain that I'll get the job, I need to see them this week."

"You're going to run a restaurant for the staff or students? Surely, that's a bit different from the camp?" asked Mum.

Lydia smiled, "No, the restaurant is open to the public. The catering students do the cooking and service, it's a different group each day and they cater for about forty covers each lunchtime. The Manager provides consistency and does some teaching. Assuming I get the job, I'll sort out somewhere to live. As it's only open for lunch, it'll allow me to cater to some private dinner parties in people's homes during the evenings and at weekends."

"Will you be renting or looking to buy a property?" I asked.

"I'm not sure yet, it depends on what's available. I have some money saved up, enough for a decent deposit. I'd planned to stay in a hotel or B&B until I got fixed up and when I told Chloe about my plans, she suggested that I could stay here for a week or two. I can pay my way." She looked apprehensive.

"I think we can put up with you for a couple of weeks, let's see how things go with your job," said, Mum. Lydia looked relieved and the smile revealed some rather cute dimples.

"Do you have family here?" I asked.

"I grew up in Bristol. My Mum is Jamaican and my dad was born in Bristol. He's mixed-race and clearly, that impacted on me." There was more, a hint that things had been difficult maybe.

"Are they still in Bristol?" I followed up.

"No. My Mum's family, back in Jamaica, have a bar and they wanted her to go and run it. They both went. I wanted to stay in England and as I said, studied here. I don't want to live in Jamaica, when I've been there, I've never felt that I fitted in."

"What do you mean, fit in?" I asked.

"It's a bit awkward," she sighed, "I'm too light to be black and too black to be white. It's always been something that's affected my confidence, I feel more at home here than in Jamaica."

Mum put her hand on Lydia's and smiled as she spoke. "It must have been difficult and not something any of us would easily be able to understand, but you are very beautiful and I look forward to getting to know you better whilst you're here."

I thought Lydia was going to cry as she muttered "Thank you."

*****

I slipped into Chloe's room a few minutes after she'd gone to bed. "Hi, want a few minutes to chat?" I asked.

"Charlie, I'm absolutely knackered and I doubt if we could have more than twenty words before I pass out. I've missed you and I wouldn't mind a cuddle."

I slipped into bed and held her, two minutes later she was sound asleep. It felt good to be with someone I cared for and whilst I waited for sleep to overtake me, I thought back to the magical times we'd had growing up.

*****

We all had a chilled weekend so that Chloe and Lydia could recover from their journey.

Late on Saturday afternoon Connie and Nicole arrived. Connie smothered Chloe and I went to stand with Nicole. "She missed us. The three of us have always been really close. I hope that you'll be close as well."

"Thank you. Connie has told me lots of stories about you all. I love to hear them but she starts to fret because I grew up in care. My life was different, but I've felt welcome here since I first came through the door."

I caught sight of movement, Chloe and Connie had moved apart and Chloe came towards us smiling. "Hi, Nicole, I'm Chloe but I guess that you'd worked that out. I'm pleased to meet you."

Nicole stretched a hand and as Chloe was about to take it, Nicole embraced her. "I'm pleased to meet you too. I've never been much of a hugger but it appears that I've caught the bug from your family."

Chloe looked over at me, "You said she was gorgeous but you didn't tell me just how much." She turned to Connie, "I assume that Nicole has poor eyesight, does she think you're attractive?" There were a few laughs.

"Connie told me she thought that you two were better looking than she is. Sorry to say that as gorgeous as you both are, she's the best-looking and the girl for me." Nicole grinned.

I realised that Lydia was standing a good way off and beckoned her over. "Hey, Connie, Nicole, this is Lydia, she's a friend of Chloe's. They were both in the jungle together and she's staying with us for a while."

Introductions were made and we all sat down to talk. It took an hour for all the serious stuff to be covered and then it started to get fun or maybe silly. We drank wine during the evening and with dinner but it wasn't the alcohol that made it fun. I realised that the five of us had reverted back to the good old days, the days before we started working and heading off in different directions. Nicole joined in as if she'd been around for a long time. Lydia was quiet for a while but eventually joined in with some encouragement from the rest of us. By the time I went to bed that night I was as happy as I'd been for a very long time.

*****

I was back in training and at the cricket ground or gym most mornings, but I had plenty of free time which I spent with Chloe and Lydia. Chloe had to head to London for meetings in connection with her film project and was away several times, leaving Lydia and me together.

Lydia had been offered the job at the college and started making arrangements for living here on a permanent basis. I accompanied her as she went about her tasks and went with her to a few house viewings, although these were proving unsuccessful.

Then Connie phoned one evening to report that the owner of the flat on the floor above Nicole's was moving away for work and had decided to rent out the property until they were settled in their new job. It was a little bigger than Lydia had initially wanted, but there was the chance of a deal.

I went with her to see the place. It was an almost identical layout to Nicole and Connie's home but needed some redecoration. The owner was delighted to be able to find a tenant without any hassle or third party being involved and Lydia agreed that she'd move in.

After concluding the arrangements, we went downstairs and had dinner with Nicole and my sister. It was great fun; Lydia had loosened up the more time she spent with us and it seemed as if Nicole had been part of the family for a very long time.

*****

When I got home after training one afternoon, I bumped into Lydia who was heading for her car. She wore a boiler suit and her hair was tied back on a headscarf, it looked a bit crazy, "What are you up to? That's not a very trendy look."

She grinned back, "I'll have you know this is the very latest fashion for a decorator. I'm off to start painting the flat. I should be able to get finished in a few days and then I'll be able to move in."

I thought for a moment, "Do you need a hand?"

"Don't be stupid, you and your family have done enough." She smiled.

"I know, but the sooner we get your place finished the sooner we get rid of you." For a few seconds, her face fell and then she saw me grinning. "I'll grab some old kit, give me five minutes."

We worked until about eight that evening. I had paint all over me and so did Lydia but we'd done a lot and it was looking good. Not only that, we'd talked, danced to the radio and had a few laughs.

"I'm starving, do you fancy a takeaway, there's a nice Indian restaurant nearby?" Lydia asked.

"Only if you have beer?" I replied.

"I don't, but there is a place next door and that will solve that."

After getting most of the paint off of us, we walked to collect our meal and spent another two hours sitting on the floor of her living room chatting as we ate. When I got into bed that night I was still smiling as I thought about the day. We'd got a lot done and I'd enjoyed myself which surprised me. The very idea of decorating was something I didn't fancy, but it was somewhat satisfying.

I helped with the decorating again the following day and the day after that we cleared up when the carpets had been fitted and the furniture assembled. Lydia had some things that had been in storage for a long time. Some pieces hadn't fared very well and others needed some TLC, but the place looked fresh and homely. It needed some artwork and the knick-knacks that made the place look lived in, but they would come.

*****

Chloe was sitting on my bed late that evening when I heard a noise. I realised that it was Lydia using the bathroom. She planned to move to her new home the following day. I called her and she peered around the door looking a bit sheepish. "Come in, we're just chatting. Hop up here."