All Comments on 'The Weekend Pt. 02'

by Andyhm

Sort by:
  • 75 Comments
SKHPSKHPover 8 years ago
Got much more tension than part 1

Can't wait for part 3.

5* so far

maedhros21maedhros21over 8 years ago
great

A definite 5 but you didn't mention if part three is done yet.....

AndyhmAndyhmover 8 years agoAuthor
Part 3 submitted,

should be published tomorrow

sugnasugnaover 8 years ago
Too Much Shit

Forget about words, they mean nothing. Gillian is stalking Karen. Karen wants to fuck Gillian and she doesn't really care that much about the marriage. If she valued her marriage, she wouldn't have fooled around in Chicago, or be asking her husband to go off and fuck her old dyke buddy. One thing is clear, this marriage is falling apart. No kids, one partner is a homosexual and she wants to cheat on her husband. If he was smart, he would file for divorce now. Karen is a lousy wife. If he got her pregnant, she would be a terrible mother. She doesn't care about anyone but herself. It doesn't take much thinking to realize this. If he had kids with her, and she kept going the way she is headed, he would regret the pain she caused the kids for the rest of his life. People so often forget about the fact that after survival, life is all about having and raising kids - and that is it! It is not about how many people you can fuck, or about perverted relationships.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
so he's not a cuclold?...

I guess you just spent the last page describing what an innoscent, trusting, loving man he is?...

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
As good as the first one

Like it, even though I guess what it will be... Part 3 please

impo_61impo_61over 8 years ago
A very intense part 2...

A very intense part 2...and we were left facing a lot of possibilities...And we better not worry guessing what had happened...The writer will tell us in part 3...As I said in part 1, I'll comment and rate the whole story in the end...Comment in guessings isn't right...3* for now

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggover 8 years ago
Silliness Abounds Incongruity and Talented Writing

So easy to get swept away with all declarations of deathless passion and outraged when words don't jibe with deeds. But there's a bottom line to whatever decisions will be made. Will Karen take flight with beautiful but neurosis -ridden and promiscuous Gillian? I dunno. But if she does, it wasn't meant to be because Neil's accomplished academic habitat and vocation can't compete with jet set lifestyle Gillian offers and vice versa.

The writing is frothy , but it's quality froth. The truth is that seven or so years into a real relationship, there are flaws amid the positive aspects and Andyhm glosses over the drawbacks. Well I enjoy froth but can't really invest in the two main, idealized characters.

Will Neal be bereft and shattered should Karen ricochet back to sapphic ways? I suppose so, but he's a successful professional and will have an abundance of campus grad school cuties to console him. This is an amusement park ride of a story . I'm enjoying it because the language is artful and cultured. Yet after next installment, all will be revealed and life goes on.

cap5356cap5356over 8 years ago
great story

great story both the first part and second part. the hubby is the one that is affected the most as he really doesn't know what his wife is thinking as she has kept a secret all of their married life from him and he just now is finding out about it, then he finds out that she has lied again to him and he has no way of talking to her. cheating is cheating wither its male or female. she has told him that she loves her old girlfriend and loves him also. but who will she go to? hope to see the next chapter soon

EgoTrixiEgoTrixiover 8 years ago
Better than the first part...

...gave it full 5 stars. Waiting for the rest. Well done. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Very nice

I like your story very much. You are the future of the genre. That being said, I hate the piece by piece posting. Just post the freaking story. Editing mistakes abound as well. Things like, "more that a cock," when you mean "more than a cock," detract from flow. Keep writing and I'll keep reading, but stop with the piecemeal posting.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
I know exactly how Neil feels, . . .

because the author is treating us like Karen is treating Neil, jerked around. Your characters are one person one paragraph, then morph into a different type of person the next paragraph. Karen destroys her Free Pass locket claiming she has no need of it, then the next day lies about her work day and sneaks off to London, where Gillian also went. But of course since that deception is so obvious you will again jerk us in a different direction that is equally implausible and out of character for your characters. Its getting kind of tedious. People acting unpredictably is a character trait that can be understood. Your characters are bordering on schizophrenia. And reading about the love lives of the mentally ill is not romantic nor compelling, just confusing, and pathetic.

While I could give lots of advice of what Neil should do, at this point I just don't give a fuck about any of these characters. But I do have to point out one totally male misconception. Lesbians almost never act based on their sexual drive. Lesbians are interested in love, companionship, trust, respect, and on occasion, some relaxing gratifying sex. But driven by their clits? No. If Karen is the loving, passionate, deeply emotional woman you have portrayed, then she would have absolutely no interest in a promiscuous cheating slut like Gillian. Shit, Gillian was separated from Karen for two weeks and already chowing down on another woman? And Karen would still love her? Not likely.

The problem for men is that we think with our dicks. Especially homosexual men. Homosexual men are the most promiscuous form of homo sapiens. Heterosexual couples are the next most sexually active. Homosexual women? Meh. Sex is totally an expression of love and commitment for most women, regardless of sexual orientation. Without the horny man instigating the frequency, most Lesbian couples have sex less than once a week, or even once a month. At least that's what the research says. So having the relationship between Gillian and Karen being driven by sex weakens the whole plot. It just doesn't make sense. In fact, its a plot only believable to men who really don't understand women. For Karen to turn off her desire for Gillian would be about as hard as for her to turn off her desire for cheese cake, or designer jewelry, if that's what it took to make her marriage more secure. Women are smart, and strong, and know that it just ain't worth the calories, nor the expense, and sure as hell not the risk of losing a loyal loving respecting partner. Karen should be no more likely to cheat on Neil than she would cheat on Gillian if she were married to her instead. At least that's the Karen you portrayed up to this point in the story. And when she had the opportunity and desire to cheat on Neil in Chicago, all it took was a phone call to abort that desire? And she has continued to claim she can be loyal to Neil and would never deceive him. And now she's who knows where, with whom, doing who knows what.

So, where you going to jerk us next? Confusion and obfuscation do not equal suspense and drama.

palewriterpalewriterover 8 years ago
Well written technically but pretty hackneyed

Was Karen kidnapped by Gillian or her fraud therapist? Was Karen taken away by space aliens and will return with no memory of what happened? Was Karen killed in a horrible two car mishap and only Gilliam can salve his pain and give him the alien children that he so desperately has wanted? Or will Neil reveal all that he is really as sexual and can only be aroused by watching two babes get it on? Or, the obvious answer after some acrimony over Karen's lies and Gillian's plotting, Neil shows he is ruled only by his wedding tackle and the three happily together forever as a a threesome until the kids arrive when he will train the boys to be totally european and to roll over for any betrayal? Only Chapt 3 will tell.

maninconnmaninconnover 8 years ago
This is good

Write on! Write on! Really want toread ch3

MbgdallasMbgdallasover 8 years ago
Marvelous story!

So real. What real emotions would be like.

To all of those ignorant commenters who are angry. I understand that you are angry at the characters so you lash out... But you are ignoring real life emotions and how people in love are blind and confused.

Her actions in Chicago where based upon emotions which can overcome rational thought. She was ambushed. She admits to still be in love with Jilly but not as much as her husband. This is so realistic that it is entirely plausible.

The part that bothers me is that she is still trying to talk her husband into it to some degree. This makes me wonder about her commitment but it could be that she she's that she is absolutely committed to her husband and would not affect that. That is a dangerous notion to have.

Also, it is a far cry to have sex with another person... But this is not about sex but love. That has disaster plastered all over it.

From personal experience he needs to quit trying to be the nice guy and kick Jilly the fuck out.

So where are we now. I think it is safe to say that it is a fact she lied to him. I think what he assumes that she went off with Jilly is true. I suspect that the reason she is not back as she said is that she knows he discovered the lie due to the message he left and is now scared and acting through fear. She screwed up once and now this. This is about 10 times worse than the request to use the hall pass.

All in all I expect the author to take this in another direction. Nothing so far has been what it seems so why would we expect it to be now. The writing is brilliant in keeping us off guard. Based upon emotions and actual human reactions all of this absolutely could be real.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
@palewriter

Come on, this isn't Britease or Harddayscuck, not every male character needs to be a weak-willed idiot, and a single but oh so magical fuck won't necessarily resolve any of the actual relationship issues.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Damaged love

Loving wives is the correct category. Loving wife's is defined as wives that cheat on their husband, and in this case Karen has already cheated. Regardless of how you finish this story, the trust in the marriage has been broken. No words, no action can repair or fix the damage once done.

They may still stay married, but the true, deep love of a good marriage has been lost, and from here forward, the marriage will be less than what it once way... That is the story line that should be written. A love once damaged can never be what it was.

Santa Maria Mark

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
WTF would dear annony know about marriage and love?

The wife of dear annony fucked around on him the entire marriage. Gave this a 5 for a great LW story. If you don't like wives fucking others and cheating then go the fuck away

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Well played second chapter

But not a surprise. I still think Karen is lying to him about her not having other lovers during their marriage. She admits that she was afraid to tell him about her being a lesbian when they met. And all these years later it has only come to the front because she has been caught out. She flat out tells him she's a lesbian and that he's the only man she's ever loved. Can he not see the writing on the wall? Gillian tells him a number of times she's in love with Karen and the fact that she has had them followed for 5 years should have been enough to tell him that Gillian is obsessed with Karen. And has the money to pull off all sorts of underhanded seduction scenarios. The fact that both women have and are lying to him is obvious. That he chooses to ignore the warning signs is the weak point in the story. Is he REALLY that stupid? That is unsettling. We'll see where this goes. I hope he doesn't adopt the typical British attitude of keeping a stiff upper lip and just ignore Karen's lying and cheating. His marriage is over. He needs to wake up.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Well written as you drag the reader into this story

Men think with there dicks. Women get emotionally envoled and usually it not about sex but love and commitment. So after ten years of wedded bliss. How could she even think about a past life,With a partner who has no morals. Seems a strange twist here and now she disappears, it just doesn't compute.

ISKwestISKwestover 8 years ago
a roller coaster

I liked the rationality of the first page or two .. the rationality and the unstable underlying emotional forces at work in each character. Seemed a bit drawn out, but I could accept that as the workings of indecisive minds.

But, as others have noticed, the behavioral and verbal inconsistencies start to pile up. Neil moves from understanding to the same sort of insecure and (therefore) inflexible thinking that got the story rolling back at the proposal in Thailand. Karen is all over the place with her own priorities.

Gillian comes across as the only self-aware person in this trio.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
re: anonymous-WTF.......

Bonnie aren't you out of your league? Yes cheating wives is part of loving wives, but the stories you prefer are cheating sluts with wimpy husbands. It never fails, you can't resist but make a nasty comment about other readers. Everybody is entitled to their opinion, regardless if you like them or not. Go away, nobody is interested in your lunatic rants.

Good entertaining story author. At least we got a couple worth reading today. 5*

t_i_n_at_i_n_aover 8 years ago
Good construction.

I think you are doing a great job in the construction of this story. Looking forward to your resolutions.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
in grave doubt now

I gave it a 1*. Why you may ask?? He has been lied to since he met the Lesbian. She is still one apparently.

I don't know Andy the Author nor what he writes. As a self rule I don't like Cuck stories nor Wimp ones it appears that in Chap 1 & 2 that is what is happening. He should throw her out just for the BIG LIE.

Andy I hope you give the lad a set of balls and let him use them. For one I never liked being lied to.

MCPO Jim

Retired U S NAVY Master Chief

kroellekroelleover 8 years ago
Complicated...

Wow - things are getting complicated :-)

Not usually my cup of tea, but this one is getting under my skin. You really know how to construct a story and leave the reader wanting for more. Really looking forward to reading the conclusion to this cliffhanger. I'm rooting for Neil ;-)

Thanks for a good read so far!

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Wow

First off I think the way he acted after she asked to use the pass was so much better then other storys like this .He is using some brains not much but some.He has missed and misread a lot of clues they gave him . The shower screamed goodby Niel,The locket was a lie she had already used it .When they tried to get him in a threesome when he said no it was all goodby sex and see what your losing . Then they both were going to be late her voice mail was not a panic girl being kidnaped. Kudoes for giving him a brain to ask?s . He slow on the take because he is in total love but he not blinded by it that's good. The dagoatmandavid said it Cya later a big 5

dwbdazdwbdazover 8 years ago
Looking forward to chapter 3

So far I'm really liking it, sad as it is. At this point I believe their "marriage" is severely damaged. Irrepably? Perhaps, if not, it'll take years to regain the trust lost.

I suspect that she did go away to do some carpet munching. She either didn't realize how serious this would damage her marriage (highly unlikely due to her reaction to Neil's hypothetical) or she just doesn't give a damn (most likely in my book).

It sounds like Neil has wasted the past 10+ years of his life and missed out on his prime years to raise small children for this lying selfish dyke. Gillian's money will make sure he's screwed over so good luck on splitting up.

He should have flown back to Bangkok instead.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Man up

He needs to man up and make plans to divorce the unfaithful bitch because he will never be able to trust her again.She lied from the get go so why would she stop now.man up & move on.....

looking4itlooking4itover 8 years ago

This story has a strange familiarity to it. I know I've read it before or something nearly identical.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
someone's going to get burned

hopefully Gillian gets roasted alive and Karen gets some serious pain of her own.

nuke the cunts I say

shaman43shaman43over 8 years ago
As always

Well written. Well developed. Keeping the characters and behaviors in keeping with their characters as shown. Although I do wonder at the text and then no communication from Karen> Even with her interior dialogue and gender preference confusion she has been strong in her devotion to hubby and the marriage. Not that she would not do Gillian but not this way. I am amused by those commentators that tell you how terrible your characters are. Call them names and say they should come to harm and thrown away. These folks do not realize that there are many ways to be in a relationship. Many ways to behave. Many ways to retain the ardor. Many ways to be faithful as there are relationships. In my practice I have had folks that could not allow opposite sex conversation of any kind. Had those that could tolerate all sorts of intimacy while being committed to the One of their marriage. Hope you keep the plot consistent with the characters and how they are for you. Am interested in how you handle it. Personally with these characters I would like Gillian to be a third but definitely a third an adjunct. Only intimate with all three together. Gillian learns to love both of them. Cannot wait for tomorrow and your last chapter.

njlaurennjlaurenover 8 years ago
Powerful story

Well written and yes,meaningful.I am sure the only one way,marriage is a sacred covenant (between a man and a woman of course),type will blast this,but it also highlights how complex people are.I don't know the outcome,maybe they could end up with a loving poly relationshio,but there is real pain here and I feel his pain,to have Karen lie like this would break anyone's heart,it would indicate Karen in fact loves Gillian and thinks nothing of lying to him,it is cruel,she knows how she feels yet she does the one thing that would make him feel lost. This story has real emotion behind it,will be interesting to see how it ends.

swedishreader1swedishreader1over 8 years ago
well

The grammatical errors were not a distraction but the interaction between the characters was unrealistic and forced to fit the storyline.

there is a big difference between an unrealistic storyline and unrealistic dialog or character interaction, the former is ok but the latter is the death of any story/movie/production etc.

shame as overall the writing style is good.

maddictmaddictover 8 years ago
Took a twist didn't she.

It doesn't stand that she would lie now that she has permission. I will be looking for some common sense in the conclusion.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Enjoying the Story - Eager for next Chapter

You've done a nice job here creating some multi-dimensional characters and setting the stage for the shock at the end of chapter 2. The best stories of any kind involve characters that are a mix of attributes - not simply all-wonderful or all-horrible. Real people are that way, flawed but in the best cases at least, with some nice aspects to their personality as well. The best Loving Wives stories have some build-up, some strong character development, and a tug-of-war between love and angst. You've done a nice job with this story - I'm intrigued to see where you'll take it next.

icebreadicebreadover 8 years ago
No sorry but

the complete turn around did not fit at all.

patilliepatillieover 8 years ago
This installment was terrible

and a very tough read to slog thru. To dense, with details that matter not a whit. I quit after two pages and skimmed the rest. The drama and tension were clearly missing in this installment

NiceSmileNiceSmileover 8 years ago
This installment was wonderful.

I'm on the edge of my chair.

laptopwriterlaptopwriterover 8 years ago
I'm really enjoying this story-

So far- we'll have to see where it goes. I don't think I would have invited the shrew to spend the weekend; although, I guess it's better to keep your enemies close.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Good Story Telling.

I think you have good flow and your writing technique is also very good... you know how to tell a story... above all it has emotion, and that is what sucks people into the story and characters...Now for your story, Neil's big problem is he was willing to sacrifice to much to marry Karen... seriously giving a hall pass, what the fuck, your either committed to getting married to the person you have chosen to be with or your not...if your thinking along the lines of your missing out because your getting married then your not ready for marriage. As for Karen, she's lied from the start, hasn't told him she was exclusively in lesbian relationships after meeting him and getting into a serious relationship with him she still cheats on him going back to the apartment to get her carpet munching on, then she doesn't tell him about Chicago and kissing and cuddling in her book isn't cheating...seriously, she keeps saying trust me, but what has he got to go on, she's untrustworthy. Gillian is a stalker plain and simple, getting you followed and spying on you is fucked up...the thing is Neils balls are in his throat instead of were they should be, if the past lover was male he wouldn't be inviting him to stay over or saying the weekend can be for closure... closure was when she moved out and got with him... if Gillian hasn't gotten over it, it's her problem not Neil's or Karen's.

MattblackUKMattblackUKover 8 years ago
Bloody Hell! This is a corker!

Now back to writing the magazine articles I should have being writing instead of taking a look into the mess that is Neil's life.

fifteen16fifteen16over 8 years ago
Fairies

Very good story line and well written, it could be a true story because human beings can and often are emotionally complicated. What we are able to see through mature and experienced eyes are things we miss as younger people or sometimes we do not want to see. This story started with a young man in his twenties whose depth of love blinded him, to the little signs that a more mature end experienced man might see.

rightbankrightbankover 8 years ago
I fear there are facts not known by the readers

details that have significant impact on the finish. I just hope it doesn't devolve into him compromising his promises to himself and accepting the offer of the 3 way. If ever he wanted to feel like the odd man out that would be it.

She keeps telling him in different ways that he is an exception to her own rule. For reasons not known to her he is the only man to whom she is attracted, but that he is not enough for her. "my parents wouldn't and still don't accept that I prefer female partners" was one of many times she told him he was not her preference.

I suspect Pauline is still lurking somewhere in the background stirring things up as well.

We will see.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
1*

VOTE 1* FOR EVERY DEAR ANNONY COMMENT BY VASTIESMITH2 AKA BONNIETAYLOR2! OR WHATEVER YOU CALL YOURSELF! HOPEFULLY YOUR AIDS WILL DO ITS JOB SOON!!!

bonnietaylor2bonnietaylor2over 8 years ago
And God bless you too dear annnoy you fucking asshloe

No aids here dumbass. 5 to offset the asshole of Lit's 1 vote

bonnietaylor2bonnietaylor2over 8 years ago
Merry Christmas dear annony you asshole

I gave this a 5 to help offset the 1 vote your dumbass gave.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
This is a very well written story 5*

Just ignore the pathetic anons giving 1*. They can hardly put together a grammatical sentence let alone make a reasoned critical comment worth reading.

Keep on writing, even though I feel this might be going in a direction of a threesome which I would not like.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 8 years ago
Loving it

Very intriguing. Five stars.

SensateSensateover 8 years ago
Well Written

A very engaging story. It is well written and the character development is good. Please ignore and delete the anonymous, highly sexually repressed comments. They say more about the writer than about your skills. 5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago

the only problem on LIT is a stupid troll named bonnietaylor2 alias vastiesmith2. I'm reporting every flaming comment you post on this site. If other people are as offended as I am by this moron's trolling, please take ten seconds of your time and do the same.

who the fuck gives you the right to bash people for their ratings? You don't even READ the fucking stories!!! Your only purpose here is to flame!!!

what is this anon bullshit? the fact that you log in with a bogus name gives you more rights than other people? that only proves that you wasted one minute to create a disposable mail account. maybe in your STUPIDITY you don't realize that EVERY fucking comment on the net is anonymous, unless you start posting a copy of your fucking ID.

everyone has their own opinions and rates the stories accordingly. read the fucking stories and do the same for a change. if that's too difficult for you, go fuck yourself, but do it somewhere else.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
While I struggle a bit with his obvious apprehension about his wife's former (and....

....apparently renewed) lesbian lover, I'm more than a little annoyed that he isn't full-on gone berserker over this obvious pile of thinly veiled manipulation and blatant lies.

At what is likely to most fragile time in their entire relationship, wifey makes uber-nice and then literally disappears off the earth with a found out lie, no response in nearly 12 hours. He should be far more than scared and mildly angry.

I'm not promoting a BTB scenario, but she's got some major shit to explain and needs a fair serving of shock and awe before the sit-down.

This is a tipping point you've clearly built into the presentation. Good work providing a dramatic cliff-hanger just now in the story's progress.

It could go one of three directions. Right, directly into whoop asks town (but you already said you weren't going there); Left into cocky self recrimination and caving to her blatant cheating (what can he do? She's in control.); Straight ahead into self restrained fury over her betrayal....but only after finding out what really happened (if she'll even come clean).

It seems these two have cooked up a deal and when they didn't get what they wanted right off, they went with plan B....lie, manipulate, cheat and steal....slip away into a greater world, leaving the man she swore she loved above any other to wonder who the hell she really is.

I'd like to see him disappear for a week to a friend's place with perhaps some help to keep him out of sight and communications. Then upon return, see if, 1. She ever came back and, 2. She experienced a little concern and disorientation when she returned home to an empty house.

THEN and only then, they can talk about what happened and whether there is any basis upon which they can move forward together.

She obviously only sees any of this from her perspective, nothing of the affect her actions have on the man she swore to love, honor and obey.

It doesn't look to me like she's done any of that.

Frankly, after this crap, if crap it is, he can't believe anything she says. He can't trust her any father than he can launch her and his entire experience of her was made a lie, a sham by her behavior.

All that said, very engaging and a fairly fresh take on an old and well loved storyline.

Oh, please police your writing a bit more closely. More than your fair share of broken sentences, missing pronouns, etc., etc.

Take your time, it will only improve in the reworking.

Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
BAN THE TROLL

the only problem on LIT is a stupid troll named bonnietaylor2 alias vastiesmith2. I'm reporting every flaming comment you post on this site. If other people are as tired as I am by this moron's trolling, please take ten seconds of your time and do the same.

@troll

who the fuck gives you the right to bash people for their ratings? You don't even READ the fucking stories!!! Your only purpose here is to flame!!!

what is this anon bullshit? the fact that you log in with a bogus name gives you more rights than other people? that only proves that you wasted one minute to create a disposable mail account. maybe in your STUPIDITY you don't realize that EVERY fucking comment on the net is anonymous, unless you start posting a copy of your fucking ID.

everyone has their own opinions and rates the stories accordingly. read the fucking stories and do the same for a change. if that's too difficult for you, go fuck yourself, but do it somewhere else.

9500mesa9500mesaover 8 years ago
6 stars if I could

Very enjoyable, this is a Loving Wives/husband story. A good life is never easy or uncomplicated.

DrallDrallover 8 years ago
So Well Done!

Thank you,A.

ohyessssssohyessssssover 7 years ago
:-)

Interesting. You're building the suspense quite well. I am not a person who takes lying or cheating well. Don't think I would share. At any rate, you've written an excellent story.

ohyessssssohyessssssover 7 years ago
:-)

Well, it's been quite a while. Is this where you're planning on leaving the story?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
No Go

I'm abandoning this chapter after 1 page. None of it would be happening if he had kept his promise of "no questions" and "no recriminations." Questions and recriminations is all there is in this chapter so far. I do not respect a promise breaker.

Much elaboration on this in my comment on chapter 1.

Paul in Oklahoma

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
She's a liar and a cheat who had this in mind all along

from before she ever said "yes."

KRD19254KRD19254over 5 years ago

I'm sure her cell battery died and she never noticed...!@#$%^&*, ya sure. So depending on her excuse he's got it right, cut your losses and move on. But at almost 10yrs and no family - why, no really why? Does she fear pregnancy, many women have careers and children - so......

I had thought he was going to become the meat in a sandwich, maybe??? But not with his wife's apparent deception/lie that is turning into disrespect. Now that scenario would only turn into being a consolation of take it or leave it, for him.

Now this could all be suspenseful writing but where there is smoke there must be a fire.

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 5 years ago
Yep

Thankfully no kids. Whole marriage was based on fraud.

26thNC26thNCabout 5 years ago
Like it

I hooked now. This.is pretty good. I'm sure she's off with Gillian. Does not.look good.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Re read

On re read Karen is so manipulative it’s kinda sad. I get being worried but once she realized she was making things worse you’d think she’d stop as she realized what she was doing. She kinda just kept digging that hole deeper and deeper.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Completely ridiculous

Just the most unbelievable and annoying story I have ever read. My brain hurt trying to follow the nonsensical conversation between the three main characters. For a wife who constantly expresses her love for her husband, she sure doesn’t back it up with actions. No logic, no sympathetic characters, and no sizzle. The story sucks!

fifteen16fifteen16over 3 years ago
Don't Agree

--- with previous comment. It lacks the understanding of the complexities of humanity, to a greater or lesser degree. To not understand the feelings of another does not make it any less real for that person. People are born the way they are and historically the norms of society dictated the way people lived their lives. Fortunately society has moved on and people don't feel they have to live a lie. It's simpler if one is either heterosexual, lesbian or gay , not so easy when nature plays one of it's tricks. Thus we have bi-sexuality. Which really is what this story is about, here we have a young woman whose early experience was lesbian. But of course relation ships are not all about sex, yes it's important. Her feelings of simple love for a man made her realise she enjoyed sex with a man as part of a committed relation ship. So we have this very well written story.

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 3 years ago
Well

Reading it again. Makes sense she would fall for him given he’s pretty much a female trapped in a mans body.

mattenwmattenwover 3 years ago

She had a lesbian lover before him and left her because of him and in 10 years of marriage didn't have the time to tell him? What utter nonsense. Send her down the drain and forget about her! She's not worth it!

racfguyracfguyover 2 years ago

Gillian is a predator and a snake. Looks like it's over between Neil & Karen.

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbimanover 2 years ago

glad there is a part 3. very interesting mess. well written

miket0422miket0422about 2 years ago

Karen is about a stupid twit. She knows how badly it hurts to be cheated on because Gillian cheated on her. She also know Neil has been badly hurt by cheating. Why in the hell would she give Gillian the time of day regardless of what her feelings might have been back in college?

Pretty damn brazen of Karen to try to cash in her get out of jail free card knowing that she had cheated on Neil dozens of times with her flat mates prior to graduating.

Marklynda2Marklynda2almost 2 years ago

Talk about cliffhangers, you, sir, are a master of them!

There's the morning and then there's the night, talk about a roller-coaster ride. I would definitely be a mass of nerves. The ladies' actions seem to be sending so many mixed signals. As always thank you for sharing your vision and talents.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Gillian is a predator, Karen is a selfish self-entitled lying cheat, Neil is a complete dumbshit for not throwing Gillian out of his house within the first 5 minutes of meeting her. The idea that for a wife, infidelity with a woman is not as bad as infidelity with a man is stupid. In a very real way, it is more dangerous to a relationship because the female lover gives to the wife something that hubby cannot, no matter how good or generous a lover he is.

Most of all, this entire story is preposterous. Even if one suspends disbelief to accept that wifey's long lost lesbian lover is a famous movie star, Karen's conduct has been deceitful and unacceptable. She apparently was cheating the entire time at University when Neil thought that he and Karen were exclusive lovers. She kept up her lesbian relationships and admits they were sexual because she was "so confused." She never disclosed any of this to Neil until 10 years later.

She lied about her trip to Chicago and what happened when she was there. Why didn't she tell Neil that she had run into an old friend (and lover), the famous Gillian Faith? Only because Karen wants at least a "last weekend: with Gillian. If she were honest with herself, she would admit that she wants to rekindle some kind of ongoing relationship with Gillian.

And it is apparent that Gillian engineered the "accidental meeting" in Chicago. Her protestations that she wants a relationship with both of them is a simple lie. Consider the argument that Karen and she are having in the kitchen that Neil partially overhears. Gillian is insisting that she must have her week-end with Karen at her London hotel. Then it turns out that Gillian is going to take Karen to France for a long weekend. Even if Karen didn't know about the trip to France (and I am dubious that she didn't have any idea that might happen), it is clear that Gillian wants to not rekindle her love affair with Karen, but that she wants primacy in the relationship. Her clear hatred of Neil from the moment they meet is quickly supplanted by her cunning turn to friendliness. She is an actress after all and she is doing everything in her power to seduce Karen away from Neil.

Now, Neil has been abandoned, it seems. Why do I suspect that when he goes ballistic, there will be yet another claim that this was all just a big misunderstanding? It is excellent writing, but I seriously dislike the story. In the real world, there would be no happy ending. I suspect in this one, the author will have Neil enjoying unicorn farts before it's all over. 2** and that is being generous.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Are there any MEN left in the UK?!? Every story in LW set in England has an utter wimp as the MC.

If your wife says that she is going to reconnect with a former lover, it doesn’t matter the sex. It’s not any less of adultery with another woman.

The correct response is to immediately file for divorce. You don’t wait to see if she goes through with it, the intent is enough. You don’t try to talk her out of it, she already chose someone else over you.

Why is this story scored so high?!?

ZK

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

A real man would have said “you can fk my wife after I fk your a$$.’

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

all bullshit. Emotional and well written story. But don't see how or why intense lesbian longings and extramarital sexual relations are more acceptable in a marriage than heterosexual ones. Though yes as a guy, the thought of my wife with another man would be way harder to handle than with another woman, because well I am a red-blooded American male. But intellectually speaking the attempted rationalizations by Karen and even the MC when he thinks about what he has learned, are flawed... big time. Personally I think that the fact she repeatedly cheated (less and less as their relationship matured) on him with her lesbian flat mates is just as hard to swallow as her wanting to cash in her free pass. The problem is that Gillian is a selfish bitch trying to destroy their marriage!

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Have you ever tried to write a story with a male character in it. The MC cries at the drop of a hat. He reminds me of a little girl pulling the pedals off of a flower saying she loves me she loves me not. He gives a free pass with no intention of allowing it use and demands that what she wants with it doesn’t agree with his idea so she can’t have it. Part three needs to give him back a man card but can’t see how

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userAndyhm@Andyhm
Jan 2023 I’m afraid that for the foreseeable future I’ve had to put hold any work on current and future stories on this site. There is so much going on in my life currently that I’m unable to justify the time I spend writing short stories. Hopefully this will be a temporary h...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES