All Comments on 'The Weight'

by BillandKate

Sort by:
  • 79 Comments
mordbrandmordbrandover 4 years ago
Gritty

And realistic. 5*

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Not your best

Meh, kind of boring. The third person left me feeling very little emotion from this read. Better luck next time.

Bebop3Bebop3over 4 years ago

Excellent story. Thanks for sharing it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago

Angel surely would have heard the rumor about Stacy and Kyle that would have been all over the school by the next day considering two students were in the classroom and overhead Kyle's remarks about the hotel. She'd probably feel a little differently towards her teacher than she had during that previous conversation. Or would have at least asked about it, since she seemed the type who lacks a filter.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsover 4 years ago
Good story! 5*****

I think this happens a great deal. Well told.

WordcraftWordcraftover 4 years ago
I LIKED IT

A story with a strong moral. Thanks!

johntcookseyjohntcookseyover 4 years ago
Reaffirming

A recognition of basic human goodness despite adversity. Well done. Thanks

TajfaTajfaover 4 years ago

I loved it! Well written, she woke up before doing anything that would kill her marriage and her husband understood enough to forgive her. A very good read, thank you. 5 stars from me.

silentsoundsilentsoundover 4 years ago
Good one.

Really enjoyed it!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Felt like real people

To my simple mind anyway.

Cheers

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 4 years ago

Okay, I generally hate back stories, I don't know yet if this one will serve a useful purpose, but I DO have to comment on one thing. "I think it's important we see other people to make certain we really love each other." - That's quite valid, Junior year of high school, but a month before Junior Prom? Breaking up AFTER the Prom would accomplish the same ting without crushing the boyfriend.

"Weeks would go by without any physical intimacy between the two." - "Weeks?" I know we need dramatic tension, but that seems extreme.

"How could Stacy learn to trust Rick?" - Since it was largely HER actions that drove him nearly to suicide, it's safe to say that if SHE changes, she can trust him not to try it again.

Not that the Colonel has any right to his attitude, but maybe it would help to tell him that Rick TRIED t serve.

Kind of cute that "Angel" needed her "Ethics" book! I think I would have told Angel about her part in saving the marriage, warning her to always work on HER marriage, similar to what she told Amy, later.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
POWERFUL STORY

Really touched me. I don't know how long I would have taken to get back together and I doubt I would have contemplated driving off a cliff. But man, her going all out with the emotional affair and then seeing her dressed like that would have made me go ballistic.

Also, when at Jamaica i don't know if I would feel good about her showing off her naked breasts and I would never be less than a foot away from her at all times.

Good writing.

The Style GuyThe Style Guyover 4 years ago
Unique

Half way through the story, I was convinced that the scorned teacher would burn her colleagues and was looking forward to the smell of roasted pigs.

Instead, the author caught me by surprise and went in an infinetly better direction.

Another great story by BillandKate. Thanks

lover1953lover1953over 4 years ago

I like the little twist at the end.

rnebularrnebularover 4 years ago
Great story

Full of drama and then some. A close call for a family on the ropes, but a nice happy ending. Very nice treat this Thursday morning. Thanks!

Rnebular

BillandKateBillandKateover 4 years agoAuthor
Italics Missing on Top of Page 2

It seems one of the Literotica editing functions - using a symbol to have subsequent text in italics, loses its function when the story changes pages. Who knew? Therefore, the novel Stacy is reading on the top of page 2 is in normal font, not italics. Hopefully, that didn't mess up too many of you.

Still, after 40-plus stories, trying to figure out how to format here. Live and learn.

B&K

Tootight1Tootight1over 4 years ago
Good Story

If you could call this a fairy tale, then it would have gotten a 5. I realize some peoples lives are fairy tales, but not normally. It's a good story about how things happen in a marriage, but almost boring.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Flaws characters

Flawed characters that were worth rooting for, what a concept! Loved it!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Way too much information dump at the beginning.

I know, I know, I get it. You want to set the stage, so that we fully understand the backstory. But long paragraphs that begin the story with the cooling of the earth are typically unnecessary. In truth, you could have slashed out 95% of that to get to the story far more quickly.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Loved it

A well written story and very believable plot line. I loved the fact that they both reached bottom in different ways and together they worked it out and their marriage was much stronger.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Good story

Thank you

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago

Great story! Well written and had good flow. The only problem I found that it's "Stolen Valor" and not stolen honor.

Jamaica? Jamaica is the most crime riddled island in the Caribbean. I think next time possibly us Grand Cayman or St. Lucia, anywhere but Jamaica. Murder, drugs, prostitution.....That's Jamaica in spades.

I was a cruiser for several years back just before 911 and we as a community avoided Jamaica like it had the plaque. Well, there was a plague, we called it crime.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
I liked it.

I was really impressed with this one. Albeit I wish Kyle would have gotten his, but the ending fit the story. Thank you for this.

heathrowinneoheathrowinneoover 4 years ago
Always enjoy your work

Another 5 and look forward to your posts. This story was well done and provided some good thoughts and in-sights to today's issues. Well written and so much food for thought.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Bland And Tedious

I really would like to give this story high marks, but I can't. Technically, the writer(s) used a spell checker and the grammar is above average. However, the story reads like the best efforts of a middle school student attempting to write in an adult genre. The dialogue is what a juvenile would say in a given situation, and the story plot wanders around too much. Something does get resolved in the story; that's good, but the manner in which the characters got to the final scene is sophomoric and uninteresting. Sorry, this is just an average effort and not what I normally see from this submitter.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Teacher says:

Every time a story gets five stars an angel gets his wings.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Love your work

Sorry as I was reading the end of your story my finger hit the one. You are always a 4 or 5. Nice story telling.

johnadpjohnadpover 4 years ago
Great Story 5* & Personal Comment On The Great Recession

First, really liked the story. I liked how you juxtaposed both of them giving up on the marriage and finding their own escape from all the "weight" of their financial problems. Her escape was trying to have a romance, his trying to off himself. Often when there is a major negative irritant in a family, the tension that it creates has the family members at each other's throats. That's what happened here. Loved that they were able to find their way back, and give each other courage and backing to get to the next steps (his searching for a better job, asking for help, etc).

Now to the Great Recession, and many people did see it coming. I owned a successful investment brokerage at the time. We would send out a newsletter to our clients on a quarterly basis, and I would often contribute to it by giving my general outlook for the economy in the coming quarter. At the height of the stock market in 2008, I sent a newsletter out to our clients telling them I believe there is a depression heading our way (yes I used the word depression, even though we hadn't had one since before WWII), and recommended to the clients to get out of their stock investments, or hedge by purchasing puts, and the same with the real-estate markets. We had several investors with us call up and argue with us why I was so wrong in my outlook. We didn't argue back with those clients. Never a good idea to tell a client they're wrong. Luckily a majority headed our warning and took steps to protect themselves. Which not only protected them, but gave the firm a huge boost as overall our portfolio was up that year, when with many other brokerages their portfolio was down 40% because of investment return, and even more because clients were pulling their money out.

A client that had been with me from prior to my starting my brokerage, and who I had given to one of the brokers since I didn't handle client accounts any longer, wanted to speak with me regarding my outlook. She was a high executive in a financial firm, and she said her thinking was in line with what I was thinking. What's interesting from your story, is that she specifically wanted to short Washington Mutual stocks. Her reasoning was that WM was a newer bank, that had been very aggressive in leveraging mortgage loans (and they were keeping the loans and not selling them out like other banks so they had a lot of exposure on their books) and they had never been through a real-estate downturn, and hadn't properly protected themselves. So, I recommended a large put option position for her, as opposed to directly shorting the stocks, and she made bank on that play, as you can imagine, since WM went bust and was bought out for nothing.

Several months before the downfall started, I was in Vegas playing poker in one of their high limit rooms. There was this very studly man sitting a few seats from me, wearing an obviously very expensive suit, talking in a British accent. He and I got into a conversation, and he asked me what I did, and I asked him the same. He told me he had been head of risk leverage (forget the exact title) of Bear Stearns, but was let go several months earlier. I told him my views about what a time bomb mortgage backed securities were and how the real-estate market was in a bubble and we were heading for a depression when it all burst. He said he had warned the board of Bear Stearns of the same thing and their response was to let him go. He said the large firms also felt it was all in a bubble; however, they felt they had to keep pushing forward because they had to compete with everyone else in the industry. So, they were getting rid of the key people in their risk departments (like him with a large buyout package), with the idea when shit hit the fan they will rehire all of them back. They just didn't want them around to tell them to stop doing what they were doing. Although, I doubt they believed it would be as bad as it ended up being (with Bear Stearns going under in 2008).

I have a lot more stories of the stuff that went on in the industry at the time. The epicenter of the subprime mortgage backed securities was in my backyard (South Orange County California). In a short period of time so many firms popped up selling high risk mortgages and packaging them into subprime mortgage backed securities that they turned around and sold to Wall Street. The large banks with experience were smart enough to get the shittiest subprime stuff off their books. The ones that ended up holding them were Wall Street and the newer banks and firms that had never experienced a major real-estate downturn so couldn't foresee how bad shit could get. Countrywide, Washington Mutual, and Wall Street firms that had just gotten into the mortgage business ended up holding the worst loans and they went out of business, to be gobbled up by the older banks with experience.

bruce22bruce22over 4 years ago
No New Territory Here

I found the last paragraph a little off since I do not recommend kicking down doors because you never know how strong it is going to be. And if Kyle wiped him out That would have been a big tragedy for the couple. But I agree with Rick that emotional cheating is infidelity.

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 4 years ago
Helluva

Good cautionary tale.

DogFuzzDogFuzzover 4 years ago
Another one of your good ones

An interesting story to read and to be involved in not only with the personalities but how the state of the economy can influence a couple. A “ feel good” ending suited your story. Thanks for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Disappointed with story

It would have been a more interesting story if he had gone through with suicide especially in front of Stacy. Let her suffer with uncertainty of why he did it was it because of her affair or something else.

A lot more possibilities for a story than get help and live happily ever after

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
A good effort.

The seduction was kind of lame, but you did the best you could with what you have. It is a decent feel good story and magnitudes better than all the Fag Cuck Shit we are subject to in this bizarre category of art and sewage.

Yours was art. Thanks again.

LickideesplitLickideesplitover 4 years ago

Perhaps Erotic Coupling?

SomeOneTwoThreeSomeOneTwoThreeover 4 years ago
Well...

Like an Anon before me,

I had problems accepting this story.

It had an easy seduction and money problems.

Nothing on Amy's connection with her parents.

Was there anything worth saving here?

We just don't know.

No ratings from me.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Thank you!

For two likeable, 3-D characters, for a non-formulaic plot, and above all, showing them having to work at their marriage, despite how much they love each other. Enjoyable read.

GeorgeAnderson

(posted anon because 'security code' is 6 characters and box only takes 4.)

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Incomplete

This began as an almost typical type story here then the last 40% was incomplete and the complete issues not well addressed. Sorry B&K but this was not one of your better stories and the last parts have a lot of missing links.

T.T.

laptopwriterlaptopwriterover 4 years ago
You know me, I'm a sap for a happy ending.

I thought it was well constructed and well written. I also thought the plot was different. I liked that. 5*s.

schulz777schulz777over 4 years ago
why do I feel

like it was a story about nothing... because nothing happened... so there is no story

2starrs

Markiemark3Markiemark3over 4 years ago
Good

I enjoyed the story. I thought it was going to be another cheating wife, husband getting dumped on. So glad you threw that twist in the middle.

fritz51fritz51over 4 years ago
Good story.

Enjoyed it, thank you.

One thought.

He was willing to lay his life down for the perceived betterment of his family,

She was going to selfishly cheat on her husband and likely ruin their family.

Both actions didn't occur completely due to a last second turn of luck.

In the aftermath, it felt as though Stacy viewed the two near misses as being equivalent. Trusting Rick with Amy? When was there any suggestion that he would injure his daughter?

While ill advised, his desperate act was to improve his family's situation, while her action demonstrated that she was strictly unworthy of him. Recall how quickly she agreed to meet and fuck the guy, and allowing her husband to be ridiculed by this prick. There was no conflict in Stacy's mind along the way to adultery, up until that girl forgot her book.

The two were not equal. Just sayin' .... Still liked it.

robroy93robroy93over 4 years ago
Great story

I really enjoyed your story. I'm pretty new to Loving Wives, but this was a Good place to start.

26thNC26thNCover 4 years ago

One more really good story from Bill&Kate. Did not care much for Stacy,but Bill sounded like a pretty good man. Life often turns on the smallest action, in reality as well as in this excellent story.

Grimjack01Grimjack01over 4 years ago
Not your typical story

I was dreading this one at first but it turned out very nice, well written and thought out.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Mixed Feelings

First I generally liked the story. It was a feel good story which I gave five stars. So this is just me whining.

Things that bothered me. 1) First the nit picky: The whole health insurance seemed convoluted. Not sure why he needed COBRA. Rick was working full time as an assistant manager at a department store. Yes, the pay sucks but it would seem his new job would have offered health insurance which would most likely be cheaper even if is crappy. Even if insurance wasn't offered, COBRA usually is a continuation of the previous employer's health care only the person pays full cost which isn't cheap.

2) Another commenter already addressed my second peeve. The equivalency of Stacy's and Rick's foolish near actions. Not close. Rick's was sacrificing his life for his family; Stacy was being selfish which nearly sacrificed her family.

3) Considering number 2, I didn't feel the remorse from Stacy seemed appropriate. It also didn't really convey her being grateful for the second chance she had. It kind of felt like she was more happy she dodge a bullet rather than realizing how blessed she was.

That being said, the authors going reconciliation was absolutely the right call. Going ballistic on Stacy would not be justified (except to most ardent BTBer). I just wish the journey to the reconciliation was more satisfying.

v/r

Anony with the flaming bag :-)

NVDiceGuyNVDiceGuyabout 4 years ago
Geez I love your stories

Can’t give enough stars to your creative and quality writing.

jimjam69jimjam69almost 4 years ago
Great stuff

Excellent, keep up the good work.

IFAFILHGIFAFILHGalmost 4 years ago
5 STARS

Excellent story and writing...didn't want it to end... proves literotica can have great stories without cheating and wild sex!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago

Why do so many LW authors make this mistake: "If you think ... you've got another thing (think!) coming."

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
The Best Person

In this story to me was an Angel. A well done story with the best advice a mother could possibly give a soon to be bride. Signed: BTW

etchiboyetchiboyover 3 years ago
Actually, it can be “thing”.

If you think you [some thing, occurrence or action], then you’ve got another “thing” coming!

etchiboyetchiboyover 3 years ago
A very real to life story.

A few weaknesses, as others have pointed out. I too wondered what Angel thought the nest morning. Also, half the reason... well ok, a third... no, make that a quarter of the reason Rick feels so bad is how poorly Stacy was treating him (financial woes, and shitty job or mostly it). Later, why would Rick have to prove to Stacy he could trust him with Amy as he might commit suicide with Amy in his arms?

But felt very real to life. 4-stars

mrfox_stingermrfox_stingerover 3 years ago
Divine intervention again

I wish everyone is lucky to experience 1 last moment of reflection. Without Angel, everything could gone worse. Angel saved Stacy while Stacy saved Rick.

I agree with the others. Rick doing something unselfish while stacy was doing the opposite. The story end so fast. I'm not fully satisfied.

I'm glad Stacy stand her ground to her father. I also like the idea of Stacy admitting her mistake to her daughter. Wisdom of the elders could save many lives.

5 stars

Rancher46Rancher46about 3 years ago

If it hadn't been for Angel being there at the last minute and start talking of her parents loving relationship, making Amy ask her self what the hell am I doing risking it all for what, her marriage and family would have gone down in flame. Too often when a couple hit a rough patch one or the other will seek a outside persons council rather than talk to their spouse and we all know where that can lead. Her father was no help in her relationship being so narrow minded that because Rick did not serve in the military he was a loser, Rick should have told his father in law that he tried to sign up but due to an sports injury they wouldn't take him. Rick and Stacy were very fortunate that Angel was there at the right time to save their marriage. Story well written. Well done, 5 stars

francemanfrancemanabout 3 years ago

Another very beautiful story. Sometimes a little reminder of what we have and what we believe to be acquired, allows us to open minds and put things back in place.

Thanks for the story. 5⭐

whateverittakeswhateverittakesover 2 years ago

Who doesn't love a happy ending even in the Loving Wives section? There truly was an Angel on Stacy's shoulder that day. I'm not surprised that Kyle blew out of town but glad that he did. Saved Rick from the possibility of jail.

dgfergiedgfergieover 2 years ago

A good almost cheating wife story and what went on back in 2008 with all the bank failures because of derivatives, sad thing is they are still around and it could happen again.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Well done, I really like an almost cheating wife story with reconciliation. 5*

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

The slut Stacy got off very easily

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

A really nice story about a resilient couple. Thanks.

Ed

jsch1947jsch1947almost 2 years ago

BTB tales are 'satisfying' for that petulant, primal part of our brain-stem, but reconciliation is a better option, in many cases. The 'at all costs', is an error. Life is a pallet of grey's. Nothing is black and white.

This tale, needed to be expanded to flow better. Still, it's well written.

LoL, and I love your perspective on 'revenge'.

A_BierceA_Biercealmost 2 years ago

Yet another B&K story that turned a so-so-and-trending-down day into a pretty good one. Thank you. Y'all inspired an interesting batch of comments, from some details about the Great Recession to a host of folks applauding the Happily Ever After (and a blessed dearth of needed-more-revenge-on-Kyle chest thumping). It's always a good day when we find a new B&K story.

AloneTooLongAloneTooLongalmost 2 years ago

Lovely story; I really enjoy most everything ya'll write.

However, the Army did 'take' my young grandson (who is extremely hard of hearing and has been since a child). They finally figured out in basic he could barely hear, kept him as a supply clerk and said he would never see action. He spent a year in Afghanistan.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Suspenseful story!!

Really enjoyed this one.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Hey, Pummel 187,

Those stupid soldiers beat both the Japanese and Germans to save YOUR future! They fought to keep their families same from what they knew the Germans and Japs would do to them if they won the war.

Yes, troops are way to often used by the politicians in this country who ARE the enemy in this country...especially as of Oct 24rth 2022.

Still, when I served I. 1971, got shot out 6 days a week, I was NEVER fighting for the politicians. I fought for those I love and for the Constitution...the single document that no other nation on earth has as an equal.

Do not dare disparage us! If you think this country so bad then move to another.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

What a great story and well told. Thank you. ( signed lowkeyone )

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Good story. Thankfully the student showed back up and commented on her date night with her "husband" and talked about her loving, happily married parents after many years together. That became the shock that broke Stacy out of her selfish reverie. Her internal thoughts were quite strong about what "I deserve this" really means. I also liked the suspense with the husband who had hit a real low point working a ceappy job he hated, tons of bills and debts, and a wife who had been slipping away slowly for months but then the last 6-8 weeks had turned the corner into full on disrespect and cut him off from her love, both emotionally and physically. I also liked how the author did not paper over the severity of a full blown emotional affair. Nor the severity of attempted suicide. The parallels are intriguing. Stacy was intent on marriage suicide and Rick on full blown suicide. The student provoked an intervention in Stacy's thought processes so her conscience and morals and her love if her family could re-exert control. Stacy showing up at just the right time intervened in Rick from killing himself, which the author made clear he was actively initiating. The difference between having suicidal thoughts and a real attempted suicide (which Rick began when he hit the accelerator at the Curve) is huge. While many readers on here probably view Stacy's emotional betrayal as worse and more hateful, there is no doubt that Stacy was justified in having deep concerns about Rick's mental health going forward. Attempted suicide is serious. Of course she played a big part in why he went to that bad place mentally, and she never fully forgave herself. At least she immediately confessed. She could have still tried to lie, but did not. Finally a story where the wife tells the full story without it being dragged out of her or forced by video or photo evidence! Rick also told her everything in counseling (except the visit to Kyle's apartment). Happy to see the reconciliation took time and effort and a lot of counseling. Shows the severity of both their actions. Also liked that she confessed to her daughter before ahead got married, to warn her off the Martian Slut Ray path. That being said, emotional betrayal is really bad enough, though the physical act would have made divorce a no-brainer, though in reality Rick would be dead and Stacy would be broken mentally as a bereaved single parent, even if she though it was an accident. But regarding emotional betrayal, imagine if he actually learned what she really was thinking when Kyle propositions her?

[["Why a hotel? Why not your apartment?"

"Because three other teachers live in my complex. I assume you don't want to be seen going in and out of my apartment. Not yet, anyway. Not while you're married to that loser."

Stacy couldn't help but smile at Kyle's consideration for her situation. It didn't occur to her that she should defend her husband after Kyle called Rick a loser.]]

=== just the fact she so blithely accepted and did not comment about Kyle's contention that Rick is a loser and the implied future continuance of the affair with further implications that she would leave her husband, all with no response, would be an immediate death to thr marriage. So yeah she is lucky no one observed that conversation, nor any recording, let alone if she ever revealed exactly what she was thinking. That would be a bridge too far. Good stuff!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago
Well

The first paragraph about bravery put me in squirrel mode. Anyone remember Jack Handy's deep thoughts? Here's my favorite: "It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man."

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

"Poppa, it wasn't Rick's fault the economy went to hell and Amy was born premature! HE supported my decision to quit work and go back to school! HE works over fifty hours a week at a job he hates to help us keep our heads above water. HE has done nothing but be a faithful husband and a great father; and if you can't respect a man like that, then I feel sorry for you! If I hear one more disparaging remark about MY husband out of your mouth, you will never see me OR your granddaughter again."

== and yet she felt she "deserved this". Glad she snapped out of it, but it took the indirect intervention by one of her students and players. Moreover, her emotional affair and the distance it put between Rick and Stacy, was directly her fault, get much worse last six weeks or so. Note Rick has his own issues. He contemplated suicide three months ago, so some time before her reading Kyle's story in February and probably around the holidays. And his was an actual attempt at suicide. He needs psychiatric help. Stacy is right to worry. Of course Stacy's emotional affair and isolation were a major part in his depression. Glad she spoke to her daughter about it.

miket0422miket0422over 1 year ago

Good story. Overly simplistic. Stacy especially.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Close call!

JimmyThePlungerJimmyThePlunger11 months ago

Good story, enjoyed it. Round about the turn of the century I considered suicide for a long time before agreeing to accept help. It's a very dark place and I understand Rick's thinking. Angel was of course an angel with her timely intervention. Stacey got so lucky that she didn't ruin her family's lives. Well written, thank you.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

So Rick kicked in the door to Kyle’s apartment bu Kyle had already left town. I’ll bet Rick really hated paying for that door he kicked in for no reason. Not to be too critical but maybe he should have knocked first. Nice story, B&K, thanks for sharing.

WisquejacWisquejac8 months ago

Thanks. And the dad in-law was a dick.

someoneothersomeoneother8 months ago

Stacy's conversion seemed trite -- there did not seem to be enough to explain why Stacy came to change her view. But, otherwise, the story was well-written and reflected real-life drama. Real issue as to whether 4* or 5*.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Four stars. The last paragraph was a come-down and added nothing to the somewhat weak story. It edged closer to three stars, but I gave four

JPB

Happily_Married87Happily_Married877 months ago

Great story it is nice to read one with a happy ending!

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Wow it took surprisingly little to make Stacy do a sudden 180 on her whole attitude to cheating on her husband. That is not the typical behaviour in LW land. What the dickens!? Don't get me wrong, I'm glad she changed her mind and things worked out in the end, it's just that, based on just about every LW story I've read where a spouse is at the point they're ready to cheat, it takes a fair amount of effort to pull them back from the edge of the cliff. So the fact she suddenly realizes what a huge mistake she's making from just a few minutes of time with someone saying very little, is rather surprising.

Kyle got off too easily sadly. No doubt he'll be ruining more marriages where he ends up. :(

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Nice fantasy. From a realistic perspective that marriage is toast. You don't just decide to cheat. It's not a moment's mistake on a whim. It's a gradual process with several steps. Here we see her emotionally cheating and taking several conscious steps towards physical. You don't come back from that. The process was almost complete and just waits for the last step to conclude. Didn't happen this time, it will happen the next. And much easier since the indecisive phase has passed already. People can fool themselves that some counseling and nice words make it all like it was before. People just love fooling themselves and that's why you see this characterized as "romantic" and a "happy end". Ignorance is bliss I guess.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userBillandKate@BillandKate
Husband and wife who love to bounce ideas off each other and who enjoy the Loving Wives category of Literotica. We'll keep writing stories - some with BTB, some with reconciliation - as long as the feedback has been mostly positive. The Anom. gallery can be a pain in the ass a...

SIMILAR Stories