All Comments on 'The Whistleblower Pt. 07'

by AngeSeverni

Sort by:
  • 1 Comment
AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Is the story changing?

To me this story started out with a quirky fun beginning and has flowed well, although somewhat randomly, until now. Now it’s just gone a bit dark...I think.

As stated in previous chapters, since he knows that the US is going to do far worse things to him than they would have done to Snowden’s when they catch him, why wasn’t he bothered by being drugged to sleep in the last chapter? Why didn’t he are what occurred in that room to him and his phone while he was out? Why does he want to chase after a woman who drugged him?

Why does he, buy into the thought that it’s a good idea to return to the US using a bogus travel “agency” that can rig his flight back home for free and oddly deposit him in a city right next to the actual city that holds his evidence. Why didn’t he notice he was drugged to sleep again on the flight to keep him passive and unable to communicate with others while in transit? And why isn’t he bothered when the limo driver from the “agency” drops him at a secluded warehouse in nowhereland and waits and waits until Patrick is handed over to Jess?

Or how about when Jess claims that during the recording she would protect their anonymity...but she rips his mask off on camera and calls him Patrick the entire time. How is that recording protecting him? Why didn’t he care she did that to him?

And finally now that he is certain she works for the US Government “agency” seeking to obtain his evidence and understanding for the first time that he may never leave this warehouse alive, why does he place Katie at risk by giving her name and apartment up?

Just doesn’t make sense to me. Still fun but at a certain point doesn’t a switch flip on for him or is he just a victim?

And let’s say that she already knows he’s lying to her, which she does because let’s be honest he gave it up WAY too easy, so she lets him go free after a few more hours of eventful pleasure in hopes of following him to wherever (Boston) to find the real evidence. He’s got to know...his passport has now been revoked, his cell phone is cloned, that video is going online to compromise his integrity, and that a quick death might be the best he can hope for...doesn’t he?

And why does everyone call him Pete in chapter 3?

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous