The Winter of Temptation Ch. 15

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Sammy are you okay?"

She ignored him. Going about styling her hair like he didn't exist. Fifthteen minutes later, she finished and left the bathroom. Noticing that Ian wasn't around, she went a ahead and got dressed. Ready to go she left her room. Stopping to pick up her bag, on the way to the living room.

She heard Ian in the kitchen when she entered the room, looking in his direction, she noticed that he was fresh from the shower, and dressed in a button down shirt, with a pair of dark jeans. Though she was mad she had to appreciate the insanely sexy sex appeal he exuded without trying. He took her breath away like no other man ever could, why he was unable to see that pissed her off more than he could imagine.

"Ah, so your ready?" He asked after noticing she was standing near the kitchen's island counter. His eyes roamed over her figure, with a look of satisfaction, as he admired how her breast sat up in her long floral maxi dress that fell to her feet. The weather was just right, for the cutesy outfit, all she needed to do was pair it with a light cardigan and she was set to go.

"Yeah I am. What are you doing anyway?"

"I needed a cup of coffee, didn't get much sleep last night." He grimaced at the couch that was half the size of his large frame.

She turned away from him, to hide her amusement of his discomfort. 'Serves him right,' She thought. Thinking back to last night and the argument that they had, and how she felt lonely not having him at her side, the way she was used to. Since honestly she too had trouble sleeping. So many times she wished he was there to hold her as she slept, to feel the soothing rise and fall of his chest at her back, which kept her relaxed.

'But I'll be damned before I go to him, because I can barely sleep without him.' She thought angrily. Slipping her sweater on, and slinging her bag onto her shoulder, she looked over her shoulder. "I have to go."

"Sammy, wait. I wanted to talk about last night." He called out behind her. "Last night was fucked up, i know that. And I regret not making it right, as soon as it happened. I just needed to cool off baby."

Samantha stood with her hand on the knob of the front door, as she listened to him. Not showing any emotion, towards him or what he was saying.

"I realize I should have never accused you of doing shit behind my back. I know I was wrong for ever thinking that. But last night I was just so pissed, and just wanted to put that motherfucker through a wall."

She felt him at her back as he came to a stop near her. The overwhelming need to feel his touch, made her close her eyes and tighten her grip on the door.

"But baby, please understand that it's hard for me, but I'm trying. I'm really really trying. I don't know what I'm doing, because I've never had this." He answered her secret plea to feel his touch when he wrapped his arms around her waist; drawing her back into his front. He kissed her neck softly and nuzzled her there. "I want to get this right, I have too. I will." He turned her around to face him. "I will continue to learn how to be the man you deserve."

"I don't have time for this Ian. I need to go."

Samantha walked out not bothering to look back, because as she made it to the elevator she heard her front door close. As the elevator arrived, and opened she felt him at her side. Not wanting to look at him she stepped on, and hit the ground floor button.

"Sammy, I'm apologizing. Can you at least," He let out a deep sigh. " Acknowledge the fact that i'm standing right next to you." Ian reached out a hand to touch her, yet she slipped away from him as the doors to the elevator opened. With another deep sigh he followed her out of the building, until she reached her car. Then he got into his, and tailed behind her, until they reached the auto shop. After a brief wait, she came back out, and slide into the front seat of his car.

"Everything straight with the car?" He Started the car, and headed in the direction of the school. "I'll be able to pick you up, after class and bring you back here..."

"No, I'll be fine." She finally said in an impassive manner.

Ian tighten his grip on the steering wheel, out of frustration. "Sammy..."

"Save it, Ian. I'm too tired to deal with any of this right now." She shouted. "Last night you said what you wanted to say, and now your trying to apologize, and act like I'm just suppose to forget you accuse me of doing something behind your back. When you should have known that i would never!"

Conveniently for Samantha the school was down the street. "Pull over. I can walk from here."

Ian ignored her, and tried counting from 10 in his head to keep calm. Knowing that she had every reason to be upset with him. Letting his anger get the best of him would only, cause more issues.

"I told you to pull over Ian."

"I'm not going to pull over, Samantha." He turned his attention to her. "I'm going to drop you off, and then later i'll be back to take you to lunch. In order for us to work out our issues, we're going to have to talk about them."

Pulling up in front of the school, he grabbed her hand before she could bolt. "I love you sammy No matter how mad you get at me, that ain't changing."

Samantha snatched her arm out of his grasp and threw the door open, before he could stop her, she was out of the car heading towards her class.

Throughout the study session she wasn't able to focus on much besides Ian. Luckily she had her friend there that didn't mind breaking things down for her once or twice in order for her to understand what she needed to know in order for her to be prepared for an upcoming test.

"I'm so sorry Jamie, i know i've been really out of it, but it's just that i have some things going on that has really got my mind occupied."

"Ah don't worry about it girl." Jamie closed her notebook, and gathered up her things. "I have an idea."

"Yeah, what's that?"

"How about we get out of this stale library, and head down the street to the Cafe. Grab some lunch, and try to get something done in a better environment."

"Well, I had my, my... um my boyfriend drop me off." She grabbed her books along with her bag. "My Car needed a little maintenance, so i'm without a ride."

"No Problem, you can ride with me."

"Thank you."

"Your welcome." Jamie, who stood at the height of 5"5 looked at her over her shoulder. "So boyfriend huh?" she nudged Samantha with her shoulder playfully. "You and Ian Queen? Hmm, Yummy!" She giggled.

"Yes, Me and Ian, are... a thing. But it's very very complicated." She said as they got into the car.

"Well If one things for sure, people around here, are definitely talking and they've said that he's crazy as hell over you."

Jamie pulled out into traffic, not seeing the smile that covered Samantha's entire face.

****

Ian tried for the 10th time to reach Samantha, yet it continued to go straight to voicemail. Pissed off he looked at the phone, and wanted only to break it into tiny pieces. It had been two days, since he'd seen her or talked to her, and it was reminding him all too well of the feelings he felt when she avoided him for an entire week and a half.Out of desperation he picked up the phone to dial Annabel's phone; when it started to dial again.

"Hey, i was just about to call you." He said with short relief. "Samantha is she okay? Why isn't she answering her phone? Let me speak to her."

"Ian, stop firing off all the questions." Annabel answered. " I only called because Sam asked me too. She wants you to stop calling her. She said she's fine, and that she will call you when she's ready."

Before he could say anything Annabel hung up on him. In disbelief Ian looked at the phone with trepidation. Hitting redial, he waited for her to answer. After the fourth time with the same result he felt defeated.

"Fuck!" He launched his phone across the room. As he sat on his bed with fingers steepled, he contemplated what he was going to do. After some time, he figured that if Samantha was with Annabel, then he could get Andy to back him up. Andy can help him get past Annabel, so he could talk to Samantha.

With an renewed positive attitude, Ian got up to find Andy. "Andy, I need your help bro." A short knock later, he barged into the room, then flopped onto the bed. "You have to call Annabel, and use your southern boy charm to get her to let me talk to Sammy."

"Damn man, you in the dog house again?" Andy who sat at his desk, whirled around to ask. "Can only imagine what you've done now."

Ian sighed, and ran his hand through his head in frustration. Diving into a recount of Saturday night, after he was done, he could tell Andy was down to help him.

"I wish you could have kicked his ass. Hell I wish I could have been there to help. And you said this happened Saturday night, and you still haven't talked to Sam?"

"She's been avoiding all my calls and attempts to see her again." He grunted.

"Damn... Bro you know she's already told the girls what happened and what you said man. Annabel ain't gon' listen to me no more than sammy's listenin' to you. You know how the girls get when one of us fucks up."

"Just try, we know they're together so call Annabel and she will answer for you."

"Shit, I guess imma be in the same boat as you are most likely." Andy grabbed his phone from his pocket. Finding Annabels number, he dialed it, hit the speaker button and waited for her to answer. "But I'll do it, cause your my brother; and cause man you look miserable as shit."

Ian Chuckled, and waited.

"Andy I know what you're up to, and it isn't going to work." Annabel said as she answered.

"Hello to you too baby. Now what is it, I'm supposedly up to now?" The smile in his voice could easily be detected.

"Don't play dumb, Andy. I know Ian put you up to calling, but you can tell him that it ain't going to work. He hurt Sam by saying the things he said, and he doesn't deserve to even talk to her until she's ready."

Ian who had been quietly waiting for Andy to butter Annabel up couldn't hold his tongue at that.

"Annabel, you don't have to say how badly I've fucked up, yet again. Trust me I know. But I have to talk to Sammy, because this is about us, by her avoiding me and ignoring me solves nothing. Where is she?"

"She's sitting right next to me." Annabel replied. "But that still doesn't change the fact that she doesn't want to talk, so just deal with it."

"Annabel, listen I understand that your just trying to look out for her, but this doesn't have anything to do with you."

Andy's eyes widen, and he signaled for Ian to shut up, before he dug the hole he was already in deeper.

"Excuse me, but FYI, it is my fucking business, when my best friend, has been depressed for the last couple of days in my house, because yet again you've done something to hurt her..."

"Anna, Anna... Baby calm down..." Andy intervened. "Listen baby, I know Ian is being an ass..." Andy paused to cut his eye at Ian. "But I know it's because he's miserable babe, I mean seriously you should see him right now.

Ian looked down at his wrinkled clothes, and rubbed his jaw which was definitely in need of a shave. Turning his attention back to Andy he flipped him off, and listened intently.

"I think we should let them work it out baby, clearly with these two and their attitude, someone has to intervene and be the voice of reason, the peace maker. So I think we should make them work it out baby, like the adults they are."

Annabel was silent for a minute.

"What is it you have to say that's so important you call and harass my friends Ian?" The voice was Samantha's.

Ian sighed with relief and practically ripped the phone from Andy, closing his eyes he basked in the sweet sound of her voice.

"That I love you. That's what is so important, and I need to be back home with you."

"Sorry but that isn't going to happen anytime soon. What I think you really need is a reality check. You clearly take me for granted."

"Sammy it's been four days, I'm playing pretty sure I've suffered enough, and I'm ready to be able to come home to you and make it up to you anyway I'm able."

"I'm not ready for that." She answered, crushing him with her words. "You can't tell me that what happened isn't because you don't trust me. So until we work on that, I don't think that we should go back to how we were."

"How can we work on anything if you refuse to see me Sammy?"

"I've been busy, and too focused on thinking. You have to realize that we're going to have a baby, and you can't go around saying or doing the things that your doing. Whether we are together or not, I don't want my relationship with my child's father to revolve around arguments, and accusations."

"No ones relationship is perfect, so how can I promise you that we're never going to argue? I will do whatever it takes to make and keep you happy. As well as do what's best for our kid, that's what I can promise you."

"Well it starts with having a supportive boyfriend, that's going to be there to help keep my life stress free. Not cause it."

"I get it baby, I honestly hear every word." He emphasized. "Your staying with Annabel tonight?"

"Yeah it's been hard to sleep, and I needed some comfort." He wanted to tell her she could have called and he would have giving her all she needed, but he held back.

"The baby's doing okay?"

"Well tomorrow I have an official doctor's appointment, so I'll will find out everything I need to know then."

"Were you not going to tell me? I told you I wanted to be apart of everything."

"I wasn't but I did. It's tomorrow at one o'clock."

"I'm glad you did tell me. I can't miss these important moments with you. You can text me the address to the doctor's office and i'll definitely be there."

"I will." She covered a yawn with the back of her hand. "It's late, and im really tired Ian, I'll call you tomorrow when I get to the doctors."

"Alright baby, You get some sleep I love you."

12