The Woman Down the Hall

Story Info
Brother and sister get together before it's too late.
5.9k words
4.53
61.7k
81
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
shutterpsb
shutterpsb
197 Followers

This is a revision of a story I published on Literotica many years ago. Thanks to "AirSearch1' for editorial assistance. This story is a work of fiction and all characters and events are fictional.

*****

I looked at Deirdre over the top of my newspaper. She was concentrating on a jigsaw puzzle. The tip of her tongue just peeking out between her lips. I grinned. My thoughts ran back to when we'd been in our late teens and I'd gotten Dee to play "I'll show you mine if you show me yours."

Truth be told, she started the whole thing. She'd wandered into my room with an odd look on her face. I'd tossed my comic book aside and asked her what she wanted. She wore a tee shirt without a bra, which was different. Even stranger, she stated she'd show me her boobs if I'd show her my cock. Being a horny teenage boy, I jumped to my feet and whipped my shorts and underwear to the floor before she could change her mind. She smiled and slowly pulled her shirt off over her head. Then she stepped out of her shorts as well, leaving her naked.

Dee's tits had been the first I'd seen in person. Too my delight, she'd even let me touch one. The left one. Once. I'd been so excited I touched it timidly. Afraid to harm it or hurt her. I could still feel the warm firm flesh. The satin soft skin and small nipple that'd hardened at my gentle pinching. Her pubic hair had looked like fluffy down, but my lack of experience had kept me focused on the marvelous treasure that was her breasts.

The mere sight of her body had brought my cock to attention. Fair was fair, I'd touched her. She'd wanted to touch me. As thrilled as I'd been viewing her body and touching her breast it didn't match the shiver that ran through my body when she'd squeezed my naked cock. The game was over with that touch. She'd snatched up her clothes and left me alone with my aching hard on.

In the privacy of my room I'd jerked off over and over until my cock was sore or the tissue box was empty. I didn't recall which calamity occurred first exactly, but my sister had moved to the top of my fantasy list thanks to the game.

No matter how much I begged, no matter how many times I swore to do the dishes, she'd never played the game with me again. Her response was always the same, "A girl must be allowed to keep her modesty." She'd done just that regarding me. I never got another glimpse of her naked body.

Maturity had brought understanding. Dee had been as curious about male anatomy as I'd been about female. Showing me hers was a safe price she'd been willing to pay to satisfy that curiosity.

I sat there pretending to read the paper, watching her. I wondered if Dee kept the memory of that day as a treasure like I had. Did she remember it at all? Deirdre looked up and caught me staring. She flashed a grin, then returned to her attention to the puzzle.

Deirdre had been widowed two years earlier. Her husband was a dirt bag and left her with crippling debt and little hope. She'd gotten a little money to help out from her kids and me, but she'd lost the house anyway. Now she worked at a department store and lived with me, her divorced brother.

I was happy she was living with me. I liked Dee's company. She was smart, funny, and a great conversationalist. She also gave the house a lived in, woman's feel. I knew it was silly, but she'd returned to the top of my list. Deirdre, a year older than me at forty-two, was an attractive woman and time had only worked to refine her allure. She slept in the room down the hall from mine.

The difficulty was how to approach the subject with her. Since we'd been living together rumors had floated to the surface from time to time. Mostly in the form of teasing from one or more of our grown children. Hers, more so than mine. Deirdre and I laughed off those jokes, or ignored them.

I didn't want to alienate her if she didn't share my incestuous inclination. My mind raced thinking of scenarios in which she might agree with me and consummate what, to my mind, began so long ago.

Deirdre leaned back and stretched her arms out to her sides. Her breasts strained against her tee shirt's fabric. Of course, they were much larger now than when we'd played the game. "So, Marsh, what sort of perverted scheme are you concocting over there behind your paper?"

I folded the paper and dropped it on my lap. "Not scheming. Taking a walk down memory lane, thinking about us when we were kids."

Deirdre's brilliant smile graced her lovely face. "We had a lot of fun back then didn't we?"

"We did. Speaking of fun, I was thinking maybe we should go out and catch a movie, maybe get a few drinks afterward. Maybe even do a little dancing or something."

"Are you asking me out on a date?" Deirdre said with a giggle.

"I suppose so, but you know, just a platonic thing. You need to get back in the saddle or back on the bike or whatever it is they say now days."

"Trying to get rid of me?" Deirdre crossed her arms below her breasts. "Going to pawn me off on the first douche that comes along?"

"Of course not. You've already had more than your share of douche bags. But when's the last time you had an evening out on the town? With a guy?"

Deirdre stared up at the ceiling for a moment. "Raymond. I went out with Ray about a year ago. When was the last time you went out?"

I smiled back at her. She knew I hadn't dated at all since my divorce. "You're making my point for me."

Deirdre thought for a moment. The gears were turning. I knew her well enough to know she'd get around to a decision sooner without me pushing harder.

"You know, that sounds like fun. What show do you want to see?" Deirdre said.

I folded the paper to the theater section and handed it to her. "Lady's choice."

She glanced at the selections, then looked up. "Well, there's not much showing that I'm dying to see, but Clooney's usually a good bet."

"Sounds good. Why don't you get dolled up and I'll call the theater and confirm the showtimes."

She cocked her head to one side and smirked. "Are you implying I don't look good enough to be seen in public with my little brother?"

I cringed. "No, you look fine, but I figured if we were playing at date-night, you'd want to look the part."

Deirdre raised an eyebrow at me. "Casual I hope."

I nodded. "Yeah, of course."

***

After the show, we took a cab to a club I knew. It was sort of upscale without being pretentious. They had a generally mature clientele and usually had a band or DJ. We grabbed a couple drinks, claimed a table, then hit the dance floor.

The first few songs were upbeat. Deirdre and I laughed at each other and shook our booties from about three feet apart. We drew a few stares and smiles from younger patrons, but we ignored them.

A guy, who may have had a few too many, shouted at the DJ to play something slow and the DJ obliged.

I seized the opportunity and pulled Deirdre close as the music started. I'd always been a better than average dancer and welcomed this chance to hold her close. I reveled feeling her body pressed softly against mine. We got into a rhythm and swayed in time with the melody.

I absorbed her honeysuckle fragrance. Deirdre was warm and soft, her left breast and hip pressed tight to my side. My hand strayed from the small of her back to the top of her butt. I successfully fought off the urge to squeeze.

Deirdre gave me a look. Something between surprise and curiosity, but she didn't move my hand or pull away.

The song ended. We both allowed a hand to linger on the other's body. Deirdre's on my shoulder, mine on her hip. A demure glint flickered in her eyes. Deirdre fanned herself with a hand.

"I think we need to take a break for a few minutes. It's getting kind of warm in here, don't you think?" Deirdre said.

I thought the room was comfortable, but there were flames licking inside my pants. I nodded and gestured for her to lead us off the dance floor.

We went to our table and took a seat. Deirdre finished her Moscato and signaled the waitress for another. I caught her giving me a bit of friendly side-eye. I smiled back and sipped my drink, then set the drink aside. "Having a good time?"

"Yes. I didn't realize how much I missed dancing. Jim never took me dancing. I'm a little out of shape I think though."

"Your shape is just fine."

Deirdre sipped her refreshed drink and winked. "Does that mean what I think it means?"

I laughed. We'd played this game before too. I leaned close and wiggled Groucho eyebrows at her. "What do you think it means?"

"I think you want something from me and you're trying to flatter me, in a ham-handed-younger brother sort of way."

"Is it working?"

She pressed her lips together. "Don't be a turd, Marsh. We're having a good time."

I shrugged. "Nothing ventured nothing gained. Let's dance."

We danced the next two sets with only a short break between. I followed Deirdre off the dance floor when the second set had finished. She dropped into her chair and gulped her wine. Her face shone with an inner glow highlighted by a light sheen of perspiration. Her eyes sparkled, reflecting the multi-colored lights of the dance floor.

I signaled for another round. Maybe she'd get tipsy enough to let go a little when we got home. Didn't want her drunk though, just relaxed.

"It's about time to call it a night, don't you think?" Deirdre said.

I shrugged. "If you say so, but I thought we were just getting warmed up."

"I've got to open tomorrow. It's a pain in the ass, but I've still got bills to pay."

"Work, work, work. I guess you're right. Let's dance one more, then get going."

The DJ started the next song, "Unchained Melody." Deirdre's eyes lit up. "I love this song. Come on." She grabbed my hand and dragged me onto the dance floor.

Deirdre threw her arms around my neck. Laid her head on my chest and pressed her body against me. I wrapped my arms around her waist as we swayed with the music and Deirdre sang along quietly.

Listening to her sing the words was very arousing. Heat rose from my crotch to my chest in an instant. Her body felt so inviting, so close, so in rhythm with mine. Even so, I was surprised when my cock stiffened against Deirdre's belly.

I rubbed one hand up and down her back while holding her hip with the other. The dance continued and Deirdre didn't pull away, if anything she pressed closer to me.

I lost myself in the smell of her hair and grew uncomfortable as Dee's thighs ground against mine. She had to feel my erection. Maybe the plan was working too well.

The song ended, but Deirdre kept moving for several seconds. She stopped and rose on her toes, planting a kiss on my cheek. "That was really nice, Marsh. Thanks."

I smiled back at her. "You're welcome. Can we stand here for a minute? I've got a little problem with my—"

"I don't think it's a little problem, Big Boy." She grinned.

"We're in a public place and you're not helping, Sis."

Deirdre smiled, almost a leer. "It's not my job to help my brother with that sort of thing."

It was all I could do, so I laughed. It seemed to relieve the tension. The bulge in my pants receded and I guided her off the dance floor. We polished off our drinks and hailed a cab.

***

Walking from the curb to the house turned into an adventure. Deirdre started giggling, then had some sort of laughing fit. I wrapped an arm around her to keep her moving. At the door I fumbled for my keys. Deirdre leaned against me and kissed my neck.

"I had a really great time tonight, Marsh. We should do it again real soon." Deirdre's hot breath swirled against my ear.

I opened the door and guided her in. "We will. It was fun."

Deirdre steadied herself with a hand on the wall and took off her shoes. "I've got to get some sleep. Work will be demanding my attention early tomorrow."

I closed the door. "That's what you said at the club."

Deirdre threw her arms around my neck and kissed me, long and passionate. Her tongue slipped along the seam between my lips. She pushed in and sought my tongue. I reciprocated. Holding her close, her breasts flattened against me. My hands strayed to her ass and I massaged her cheeks as I pressed my hips against her. She rocked back on her heels and stared into my eyes. Arousal and excitement shone in hers.

I sucked in a deep breath and reached for the top button on her blouse. Deirdre grabbed my hand before I undid the first one.

"Not tonight, Brother. Maybe not ever. I'm not that drunk and I'm not sure we should cross that line."

I stood silent for a moment. I let my hand drop to her hip. "Okay. I'm not really happy about it, but okay."

She rose on her toes and gave me a little sisterly peck on the cheek. "I love you, Marsh. Let me think about it for a few days. It's a big step and we both know it's wrong in so many ways."

"Look, Dee, we love each other. We've had our kids and we're both grown up. What goes on between us here is nobody's business but ours. I don't see a line and I don't really see anything wrong. For crying out loud, you're gorgeous and unless you think I'm ugly or have bad breath or something it's all good. I feel a natural attraction and see no reason not to act on it."

"That's where you're wrong. We have to consider what our families will think. What affect it'll have on them. I don't know how my kids would react. Yeah, they've teased about it and all, but we're not doing it so their joking around doesn't matter."

"It's not like I'm going to run out and rent a billboard and advertise to the world or something." I cupped my hands around my mouth. "Hey world, Marshal and Deirdre are brother and sister and they're fucking each other. I think we can keep it private. I think it'll be great. Like I said, it's our business not theirs."

"Marshal, I know I kind of let things go a little far tonight and I'm sorry about leading you on, but it's late and I have to work tomorrow. Give me some time. I've got to wrap my head around it. I love you and I'm so tempted. Hell, it'd be so easy to just fall into bed with you, but there are other people in the equation. And don't forget, secrets are problematic and hard to keep."

"If it's so easy, why don't you give in?" I tried not to whine.

She smiled. "Because of the big picture. Because we both have families to consider. Because it's wrong."

I was kicking myself for moving too fast. I forced a half smile. "Of course, Dee. Take your time. I'll be here, regardless of your decision."

Deirdre leaned away and traced her fingers the length of my arm. "Thanks, Marsh. I appreciate it and I'm sorry about getting your hopes and other stuff up for nothing."

"It's okay, Dee. I'll handle it, literally. I love you and you're a great kisser."

Deirdre cast a broad smile. "I've never had a guy admit he was using me as a masturbatory aid." She giggled. "I'm kind of flattered in a weird sort of way."

"You're a sexy woman and well, truth be told it won't be the first time."

Deirdre gave me a sultry smile, which did nothing to cool my desire. "Good night, Marsh." She left me standing alone with a hard-on, again. Where was that tissue box?

***

Deirdre worked all day Saturday and Sunday. She was cool and a little distant while she was home. I gave her some space and didn't bring up my carnal desires. She'd given me a 'honey-do' list a few weeks earlier. I hadn't done anything with it. Seeing as I wasn't likely to spend my time getting laid, I took advantage of the weekend to get most of it done.

Deirdre kept her bedroom door closed at night and I would stop and gaze at it on my way to bed in the evenings. I hoped she would take me into her bed and share her treasures with me. It didn't happen. So, I bit my lip and slept alone.

Monday through Wednesday went basically the same. We ate our suppers in silence and retired to our respective rooms after watching a little television.

I returned home from work on Thursday to the sound of a loud argument in the house. I hung up my coat and walked toward the voices. Two women, stern, determined, and loud.

I found Deirdre and her oldest, Jennifer, arguing in the kitchen. They both fell silent when they noticed me.

"Sounds serious. Do I need to get the garden hose out?" I grinned at them. They double teamed me with a group frown.

"Jennifer and I were discussing a social and moral issue, Marsh," Deirdre said.

I cringed, turned my back, and fished a bottle of beer out of the fridge. After a sip of liquid courage, I faced them and smiled. "Confucius say, 'man should stay the hell out of women's argument.' So, I'll leave you two to it."

Jennifer's lips were tight. "Don't try to sneak out of here, Uncle Marsh. Are you sleeping with Mom?"

I sipped the beer again, buying time. I peered at my niece. She looked just like Dee when she'd been that age. Even moved her hands the same way when she talked. "Not since we used to camp out in the back yard. How old were we then, Dee? Five, six?"

"That's not what I'm talking about. I'm not a child, Uncle Marsh. Are you and Mom having sex? With each other?"

"Your mother's social life isn't really any of our business, Jen, but no, we're not having sex. We don't even sleep in the same room."

Jennifer's hard eyes flicked from me to Deirdre's. Deirdre raised her eyebrows at her daughter. "I don't know what I'm supposed to tell my son," Jennifer said.

Deirdre frowned. "Sean is only ten months old. You don't have to tell him anything and Uncle Marsh and I aren't doing it in the first place. It's just an idea."

I watched the women glaring at each other. Shrinking into the wallpaper wasn't an option, so I decided on distraction. "So, Jen, did Dale get that promotion?"

Jennifer glanced at me and nodded. "Yes, he did. Thanks for asking. I'm sure he'll tell you all about it the next time we have a family get together. Unless he wants to ask you if my mother is any good in bed."

Situation apparently not diffused, time to go on the offensive.

Deirdre stepped in. "Now, Jennifer, that's uncalled for. Your uncle and I aren't sleeping together. We've only talked about it. And let's get real, no one talks about your and Dale's sex life at the family table. What's the difference? None. We won't be discussing our sex lives or the lack thereof, either."

Not a bad argument, but not without faults. Regardless, it provided a distraction. "Can I leave now?"

Both women said "No" at the same time. I stood there with my beer halfway to my mouth. Damn, I thought I was the king of this castle. Apparently, I had another thing coming.

My niece glared at me, then smirked. She shook her head and laughed out loud. "I'm sorry, Mom, I can't stand it anymore." Jennifer turned to me. "Uncle Marsh, we're just teasing you. And the looks you've been giving us have been hilarious."

The women laughed. I swirled my beer. Bully for them. Somedays women just bust your balls for no reason. And what can a man do about it? Nothing most of the time.

Jennifer got up and came to me. She hugged and gave me a little peck on the cheek. That was sweet and I kind of forgave her.

"I'm not sure if it's right or wrong, but who am I to judge? You two have my blessing, for what it's worth," Jennifer said.

I looked at Deirdre over Jennifer's shoulder. "Do I have to go through this bullshit with Jimmy too?"

The women giggled. "No, he's been thinking we've been getting it on since day one. He doesn't really care," Deirdre said.

"Well then, I take it this means I won't be sleeping alone tonight," I said with a sappy grin.

"Too much information, Uncle Marsh." Jennifer rushed to her mom and hugged her tight. "I'm going to pick up Sean from daycare. Love you both. Bye." She grabbed her purse and made to slide out the door. She paused just outside the door and poked her head back in the room. "Oh, and let's not discuss this at Thanksgiving. Some things just aren't suitable for dinner table discussion. Including what Dale and I do or don't do." Jennifer giggled, then left.

shutterpsb
shutterpsb
197 Followers
12