All Comments on 'The Worst Gift - Scott and Rhian'

by Corny1974

Sort by:
  • 51 Comments
Boyd PercyBoyd Percy11 months ago

Wonderful! The counselor is a hoot. Caz definitely needs her services.

5

Bronco56Bronco5611 months ago

Great way to continue the story with this part. 5stars

chytownchytown11 months ago

***Thanks for the read.

JohnAmalfi4104JohnAmalfi410411 months ago

Well done. The counsellor was hilarious and I would like to see more if her.

NoTalentHackNoTalentHack11 months ago

Oh, I adored this.

greenday0418greenday041810 months ago

Very entertaining.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

LMAO

Hiram325Hiram32510 months ago

Nice... do keep writing. Don't let the nattering nabobs of negativism stop you.

Bham487Bham48710 months ago

Very entertaining! Like the original too

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Great and creative way to connect a sequel.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Great story as all ways. I fully agree with you: I don't think Scott would be more forgiving. Imo I don't understand how any child could possibly be fully forgiving, because wether he knew it or not, part of the very foundation of his life had been based upon a lie.

I feel slightly ashamed to say that I took a great amount of schadenfreude at the fate of Agnus. A best friend who chases his friend's girl is a heinous pathetic man.

Looking through the comments it seems this story has critical acclaim!

mariverzmariverz10 months ago

De pronto me arrepiento de no estudiar siquiatria

Ajajajajaj

Que buen personaje

AngelRiderAngelRider10 months ago

Grrr. Just when I think you are a one trick pony you manage to give me something that actually resembles realism.

.

And yes, that was a backhanded compliment I suppose.

.

So look, therapists are people too and are driven by the same motivations and desires as everyone else. We are not perfect and what drives us may not always be entirely derived from empathy.

.

That being said, though I have never been financially driven, I must confess that excitement over a particularly interesting patient absolutely happens. No two patients are the same but themes can be. A patient with unique challenges within one's specialty is always welcome. Any therapist who claims otherwise is lying.

Are some financially driven? Yes. Do some get off on salacious aspects of their patients lives? Of course. I can promise you that due to the nature of my specialty, that doesn't happen with me. I would have to be the most disgusting bitch in the world.

.

I will admit to being a bitch at times. I admit that I could probably be more diplomatic in my personal life. I am not however a sadist. I'd have to be to experience pleasure in that way.

Anyway, I like this character. Moved away from comedy and handled in a mature and careful manner, she could be really interesting.

MightyheartMightyheart10 months ago

Needs a follow up.

Waiting for the next part.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Scott is about right. His mother is not remorseful, just that it was outted

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

A bitch of a counsellor, only in it for the money

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

The idea that everyone should, and even can, see the world through the same eyes is insanity. Is Caz remorseful for what she did. I'm pretty sure she is after finding out that her son is her husband's and Angus had a vacectomy. Is she remorseful for wanting a son and another child, no and why should she be. Is she remorseful for going about it the way she did? Probably not and given the information at the time why should she be. Pretty sure that 20 years later she was truly remorseful for all of it, but that doesn't mean she shouldn't have done it knowing what she did at the time.

The husband had plenty of time to get her pregnant, even during the affair. That they only managed one child suggests that they weren't both firing in all cylinders. 18 years and only one child, pull the other one.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Could have been in the humor section

vanyevanye8 months ago

@anonymous two before me - neither Darren nor Caz were firing on both cylinders. Caz was mentioned

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

She was a piece of work and the kind that is an awful example for the children she desires so obsessively.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

I fully agree with you about Scott. He was right now to forgive his mother. Caz betrayed her husband, someone she was supposed to have joined souls with, therefore she betrayed the whole family. That is unforgivable. It wasn't a one time mistake, it was an ongoing, manipulative, ten year affair.

She deserves her misery

imo of course

love the first part and this one. 5 stars

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

therapist is my favorite BIG5

WisquejacWisquejac7 months ago

Hilarious. Loved it. Thanks.

Madeira1076Madeira10767 months ago

Pretty funny thanks!

Arinderk75Arinderk755 months ago

Huh??? Really??? WTF??? What is the point of this story???

inka2222inka22225 months ago

OK, I'm sorry, I agree with the last comment. It was well written but I fail to see a point of this follow-up chapter. It wasn't funny, it wasn't insightful into human condition (other than an obvious fact that most people are assholes, including mental health "professionals" and other such like councilors). It didn't offer any new insight or info into original story; it didn't offer any further punishment for the two assholes - thankfully, original story provided enough of that to keep me personally happy. I'm giving this 3.5 stars, because it wasn't terribly offensive, nor was it bad writing - just pointless and a bit of a waste of time honestly. I didn't make me depressed or annoyed the way RAACs do, so not worth lower rating. I am hoping the rest of the author's work follows the mold of chapter 1 (so far, I read 3 of his stories and liked all 3).

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

As the 100 year old joke goes: “If you’re a little bit messed up, you see a therapist. If you’re batshit crazy, you become one!”

ZK

SteelPaperTSteelPaperT4 months ago

Yay, that's just what I always thought,,,

RePhilRePhil4 months ago

Therapists hahaha used to have a friend that was a therapist. He actually went crazy and was committed. Before that he admitted to us friends that most all therapy professionals of all types laugh out load when their clients leave their office.

Karl_HundassonKarl_Hundasson4 months ago

Oh, that was good. Finished with a chuckle. :) *****

oldtwitoldtwit4 months ago

Oh so well done, love the thought process that you have put in this.

MisterPGMisterPG4 months ago

Finished reading the story, but I don't see the point of it in relation to part 1. It didn't add to, nor enhance the overall story. Left me confused.

I didn't give a rating for this one.

Still, thank you for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Most amusing. 5*****

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Most interesting. 5*****

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Still very low key. 🔑 worth at least 4 stars.

Bill S.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Caz was such a stupid, selfish bitch. Sigh.

rbloch66rbloch662 months ago

With as long as the first part was, this could have been tacked on the end of it. This felt like a bit of a pointless read.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

The self-centeredness of the counselor was jarring and a distraction.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Enjoyed the device of the self absorbed counselor. Was fun tongue in cheek. Entertaining read.

Martyr2002Martyr2002about 2 months ago

A Very tongue in cheek story. Funny and fun to read.

Thanks

Pinto931Pinto931about 2 months ago

I’d like to see Caz in therapy.

WargamerWargamerabout 1 month ago

Hilarious, your take on Therapists is a treat. I loved it

5/5

AA82ndAAAA82ndAA21 days ago

So humorous. The by-play is great. The portray of the therapist is priceless. This is the 5th story of yours that I have read and I live your style and way with words. The betrayal was very sad but Caz's treatment softened the blow a bit. Self women are so predictable and well stupid/delusional. I love Rhian's moral character and determination. Nothing equates to punishing Caz more than not being able to visit her son and R's home. Thanks for sharing....

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbiman8 days ago

LOL, great, especially the thoughts on what he can buy with a few more sessions and clients.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userCorny1974@Corny1974
After reading lots of stories on this site, I decided to try and write one myself. Please be kind, I'm not a writer but I do enjoy a good story.

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

The Worst Gift Previous Part
The Worst Gift Series Info