All Comments on 'The Worst Gift'

by Corny1974

Sort by:
  • 161 Comments (Page 2)
Viper2011Viper2011over 1 year ago

I agree with bo5254, have enjoyed all your stories, please keep it up.

SatyrDickSatyrDickover 1 year ago

[10.01.23]

Nice twist at the end!

11/10!!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Women.........can they ever be true to one man?

someoneothersomeoneotherover 1 year ago

I am probably the one dissenting voice but I do not see Caz's behavior as that blameworthy. She wanted a son for her and her husband, and tried to utilize all options given that she could not conceive. She did stop seeing Angus when she was beyond child-bearing, and she claimed she did not enjoy Angus all that much (I know, that could easily be a prevarication). At the very least, I would not have made that the sole point of decision. I also agree with another commentator that sons are not likely to abandon their mothers, particularly if they were good ones. The son would far more likely either take the mother's side or just remain neutral. I have three sons, and that is my experience.

AllNigherAllNigherover 1 year ago

Someoneother: No. That's something you discuss together first off. It's too big a decision to make on your own and if you cannot talk about it then you know why... and it's cheating when you do it. And after 2 years or so not getting pregnant the second try why keep trying... simple: it wasn't just about getting pregnant. Nah, i don't see your logic sorry.

ReadyOneReadyOneover 1 year ago

No one has explained why Daren and Caz had sex for 20+ years and Caz only got pregnant once, and by Angus.

.

The couple both got checked out by the doctors were judged fertile.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Interesting story but has no trace of being real life. Fun reading though.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

@ReadyOne it happens. My wife and I were both fertile but only managed to have one child, despite trying for nearly 20 years. No medical readon, just didn't happen.

BTW she didn't get pregnant with Angus, Darren WAS his father.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

This story was ok. About 5K words too long. It was about 2K words into the story before a hint of what it was about appeared. Then the twist at the end was given very short shrift. It was almost as if the author got exhausted writing it and rushed to finish it off

OlFrog14xOlFrog14xabout 1 year ago

How was it that Darren didn't get to read the [first] DNA test? Are we supposed to think that Caz just destroyed it out of guilt over her belief that Angus was Scott's father?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

OlFrog14x

Caz merely found the box from the original test. Six weeks later, Darren did find out the results of this test. Ancestry companies can take six weeks or more to process the tests. She would never have been able to hide the result from him as it would have shown (or not shown) on his DNA profile. As Caz was convinced that Angus was the real father, she felt forced to confess before this happened. As it turned out, she was wrong and Darren was the father.

So you are not expected to believe anything; just have basic comprehension skills.

HighBrowHighBrowabout 1 year ago

Well done little morality tale of Femdom agitprop. Twists to satisfying HEA.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Crazy delusional wife. Liked the vasectomy twist and then Scott being the MC's biological son. Odd she continues for a decade, several times a year? Haha. Definition of insanity is trying the same thing over and over again with no results. Lol. She got off not on the affair as much as being the magnanimous, desirable sex tutor for Angus. The first time was bad enough, but wow she kept going and going. And tossed in a birthday fuck for Angus despite more or less losing interest in sex at menopause. Caz was really mentally disturbed. And broken by the end. Angus was pure evil.

BlueEyd2BlueEyd2about 1 year ago

The wife and the friend deserved to be burned ... bad!! They both got off way to easy for such a long term betrayal. Wife was truly delusional and pathetic. Angus deserved to be ballless.

FireFox59FireFox59about 1 year ago

Just an exceptionally well written story. Enjoyed it.

Freudzslip69Freudzslip69about 1 year ago

I actually thought that the story might have a surprise ending with Darren finding out, after all the assumptions by all concerned, that he actually was Scott’s biological father.

But, for me, the big “fly in the ointment” in this plot was.....why Caz assumed that Darren couldn’t get her pregnant, and Angus could? Darren was tested and it was determined that his sperm count was quite adequate for creating a pregnancy. Many people don’t get pregnant right away, and they need to keep trying before it happens. Why couldn’t she just give it some more time? Many couples need a while before the wife gets pregnant.

WargamerWargamerabout 1 year ago

I missed this story. Just caught it now. It was a good one too.

Just how delusional was Caz? A complete idiot, she just didn’t get it.

5/5

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Another Anon wrote: “Women.........can they ever be true to one man?“ Hmmm…if you’re reading LW stories to learn about women, you may be getting a biased perspective. 😃 Maybe try reading in Romance instead. Or, maybe look for data that may be more credible. Recent data suggest that men are more likely to be unfaithful (20%) than women (13%), though that difference emerges with greater age. Or, to put a more positive spin on the data, over 80% of women seem to remain faithful. We may need to work on improving the Martian Slut Ray. 😉

theVikingSailortheVikingSailor12 months ago

I don't get it. The ancestry check showed Darren wasn't Scott's biological father. Those records depend on DNA testing and comparison. That was clear, wasn't it? Then, after all of the hullaballoo, some other DNA source tells us that Scott is (Darren's biological son). The story was very well written. I would say it is excellent storytelling. But that one point is a fly in the ointment for me. Did I miss something?

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

@theVikingSailor, there was only one test and it showed Darren was the father. The wife found the test box and confessed before the results came in. She was so certain that Angus was the father, but she was wrong. If she'd kept quiet. Darren would have remained in ignorance of her affair.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Cheating bitch Caz got off very easy!!

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Great point when Angus secretly got snipped

mariverzmariverz11 months ago

Anonymous19 days ago

Cheating bitch Caz got off very easy!!

no, no salió fácil... la soledad como la describe el autor en el epilogo es tremenda, terrible y horrible.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

DNA vs ancestry

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

No

Tried to do too much by the turning of the father.

Made it too unreal

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Anonymous below felt it was too much to have the real father be Darren. That was vital to the plot. That was the MC's revenge. Caz had to live with the knowledge that she had thrown her happy marriage away for nothing. She had what she wanted - her husband's child; she just hadn't known it. She had lost a husband who adored her, a son's respect, if not his love and her comfortable life. Angus also lost everything too, even the knowledge that he had another son. He had to be Darren's son biologically, and the plot built to that. I don't think it was unexpected either, as there had been a lot of clues along the way. That it why it was important that the results had not come through before her confession.

BlueEyd2BlueEyd211 months ago

Caz needed to be burned! BAD. She got off way to easy. And Angus deserved to lose his nuts.

AardieAardie11 months ago

Still has five stars from the last time it was posted.

LickideesplitLickideesplit11 months ago

Fairly serious flaw

The Ancestry DNA company had the samples for Dad and Scott. Each batch is coded (one sample for one person looking to find missing family. Two or more if paternity is under question.) Lots of other reasons, of course, including forensics. This motive that starts this story was kinda idle curiosity. As each batch is received each sample and the sender’s ID for that sample is encoded. Errors are bad business, especially for the more established companies.

However, there is no incentive for a company to redo unless some question is raised by the client. Since that is not included, Dad and Scott would never know that they were Father and Son. Which would not help Sweetie’s case, nor should it beyond them respecting her Motherhood.

One way errors are detected is to process each sample as 3 parts. If one is different from the other two (or worse) new samples are requested from the sender, but including blood, skin and saliva.

There is a rare condition where two fraternal zygotes merge into one ‘captured twin’!

Stories like this tend to overreact Hubby’s future. If you have invested years in developing some(innocent)one that you love, you would NEVER have that person unless what happened, happened!

If your grandmother was raped and delivered your Mom or Father, you would be ‘poofed’ if you got a ride in a time-machine to save her the rape. Even slowing the rape down by a few minutes would be very unlikely to save your resulting parent…poof! First sperm almost never wins.

Corny1974Corny197411 months agoAuthor

@Lickideesplit I feel i have to comment on one of my stories for the first time. Although i struggle to understand what you are saying entirely, i feel i must stress for you and others there is no flaw. Others have said this in the past, in my defence.

I am on an Ancestry DNA website. I have been for many years. When my own son wanted to join, too - yes, as a birthday gift, sound familar? - we waited six weeks for the results. When we both saw on our phones that we were father and son as it DOES tell you that, (you can see all your new matches on a daily basis, if you so choose) we laughed and made some joke about not bringing the wrong baby home from the hospital.

That got me thinking - what if? That thought prompted me to write my first story. The misconceptions about it, prompted me to recently retell the story. Although my least popular story, i enjoyed writing it.

So, i will state again, one test, no errors, one result.

Although this is a story, the actual Ancestry DNA aspect of this is factually corresct.

It is also possible for a fertile couple to have only one child, despite trying for many years. It happens, children are a blessing, so treasure them!

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Great little story nice twists. The selfish got their due which is satisfying.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Angus got away easy!!

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

A life lived well an she gets to live with her results.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Everyone was far too civilized.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Too trite

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Gosh, he's as bitter as the ex-wife and ex-friend. I have no idea why he'd be lacking confidence, his son turned out to be his own. His wife was desperate to stay with him and is very sad she's missing out. Makes me wonder if this is a true story except that the ex actually ran away with the friend to live in Spain as that would make much more sense. Giving it a 3* as it's good, nicely written but lacks a certain something.

InfosaugerInfosauger9 months ago

I didn't read all comments so I don't know if someone asked or if I just missed it.

Caz says she had sex with Angus on his 50th birthday. Was this when she had already cut off her husband from sex at all or did she stop wanting sex later?

And I too don't understand what Lickideesplit wants to tell us. If you (Darren in this case) sends in 2 samples of DNA (his and his supposed son) Darren would know in any case if he is the father. Even if he hadn't been the biological father he would know: Both get the results but their relationship wouldn't show. So Darren would know his son isn't his.

As for Caz: Why didn't ask anyone ask her, why she didn't try it with artifical insemination? Maybe (Big maybe) she could be forgiven the first try e naturel. But when she tried for a second child why use turkey buster or something? And when she said it was just to get pregnant, why wasn't she asked why she trained Angus in sex?

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

5 stars! Loved it

But I wish the MC could have gotten even with that fuck face Angus, but it is good to know he ended up alone and miserable just like Caz--and just as they deserve.

Keep writing please!

RimmerdalRimmerdal7 months ago

Dry but well written.

inka2222inka22226 months ago

Great story! Not as burny as a proper BTB (the bitch got to keep way too much of their assets AND Scott still sees her despite fully supporting his dad), so I'll subtract 0.3 stars, netting this story 4.7. Well written, children that (unlike 90% times in LW stories) actually have morals and support the victim instead of the cheater. And MC gets a better wife in the end. The surprise revelation that he wasn't a biological dead turned this story from purely OK to great. Thank you! I'm kind of afraid of reading chapter 2 due to lower rating, but let's see how that goes.

RePhilRePhil4 months ago

You authored this story beautifully! Personally I like the characters to be developed through their own dialogue rather than endless narration. A respectable balance here but more dialogue please. Not being a writer at all I’m not sure if my comment is ridiculous.

Here’s a challenge. How about a story with only narration. Now there is a task and a half. 5&FAV&FOLLOW. heading to your library now for some more fun reading

oldtwitoldtwit4 months ago

Nice one, I felt you put this together in such a good way, nothing really over the top.

MisterPGMisterPG4 months ago

Scott is my favorite.

Great read.

5 stars

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Exciting and well written.

Dna twist ending was great.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

It was an enjoyable read but I've clearly missed something here; how did the MC switch from not being Scott's biological father to being Scott's biological father? A little nit pick here; Kate's religious beliefs make her opposed to contraception. This suggests that she is a Roman Catholic. a faith in which contraception is forbidden. However, another thing that's arguably an even bigger no no is divorce as contraception can used in secret and kept secret whereas divorce can't be.

JR

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

I honestly don't know how the guy did not take a baseball bat to both cheaters. Know it is assault and a jail sentence but somehow I feel it would be worth the jail time.

Corny1974Corny19744 months agoAuthor

Anonymous below. Thank you for your kind comment. Scott was always Darren's son, there was no switch. They had not received the actual result when Caz confessed. She was sure Angus was the father - she was wrong.

As for the Catholicism, I can assure you that Angus and Kate were not catholics. I did have a particular style of church in mind when I wrote it. Kate was not necessarily opposed to contraception but would have been opposed to the permanence of a vasectomy.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

The two cheaters end up pretty much alone . That’s enough of the B. T. B. for me. The entire story seems low key and passionless but ends up as a very good story. 5 stars!

Bill S.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

If you look up the founder/CEO of 23 and Me and that individual's relationships you'll know who 'they' are. How you interpret that information is entirely up to you.

rbloch66rbloch663 months ago

Seemed excessively verbose.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Seemed excessively great. Stop writing these masterpiece stories. Everyone in this story got what they deserved except the 2 cheaters they got off light.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

I was glad to see the author cleared up how Scott's DNA worked. I thought that they'd gotten the results, then somehow changed them. It makes sense that they just assumed that Angus was the dad.

Diecast1Diecast1about 2 months ago

Great story, love it. AAAAAA++++++

Kernow2023Kernow2023about 2 months ago

good story but cheaters got too lightly

AllNigherAllNigherabout 2 months ago

Second read. I liked it the first time, still do.

I think some Readers miss the fact that the DNA test never gave an eroneous result. The wife found the package in the trash and admitted to the affair assuming it would show that her husband wasnt the father. 6 weeks later, after all the mess came to lite, results showed he was the father.

I have no problem with that. She banged the other guy a couple times, and was with her husband often.... Apparently even on the same day she did the'friend'. So statistically, all things being equal, he's more likely to get her pregnant. Weird he never did again, but that's the story.

You could argue the other thing the wife did to ruin the marriage was to make it less likely for them to conceive as she admitted that about 25 percent of her most fertile times she was with the asshole instead of her husband.

I'd have loved to see him throw out for her to chew on....

AnonymousAnonymous25 days ago

She really thought shewas doing the right thing, unaware of Angus having a vasectomy. Scott was 20 by the time the first wrong DNA tesy was done so why does he say hr ruined their whole life? She was good mother for all those years All in all a very unsatifying story.

AnonymousAnonymous19 days ago

She was a disgusting slut that based her entire marriage on lies and cuckolding her husband.

A truly vile creature depicted in this story.

Corny1974Corny197418 days agoAuthor

Anonymous below - thank you. I agree with all you have said - she was vile.

The Anonymous below you seems to think she was doing it for the best.

Incidentally, we later find out that she wasn't a particularly good mother due to her selfishness. Darren did all the heavy lifting parenting wise.

AnonymousAnonymous7 days ago

Great story. maybe to close to reality of life than the BTB fantasy some seek.

AnonymousAnonymous6 days ago

Well done. I liked the surprise end with Scott being his biological son after all. :)

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userCorny1974@Corny1974
After reading lots of stories on this site, I decided to try and write one myself. Please be kind, I'm not a writer but I do enjoy a good story.

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES