All Comments on 'The Zebrafish'

by Jorunn

Sort by:
  • 15 Comments
bigbob2406bigbob24065 months ago

Beautiful story!! Thank you very much.

Jlyn1Jlyn15 months ago

This was a wonder to read and beautifully brought to life. With the atmosphere and imagery created, I felt like I was

there. The sex was so erotic and sensual. Five stars😉

Kapturek62Kapturek625 months ago

Thank you very much for this story. It definitely stands out from the rest in LT. As for fantasy elements - in Jules Verne's time, many of his ideas were unrealistic, but that changed very quickly.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

It was a nice story. Saying that it was about infidelity is discourteous. Sure, there was infidelity included, but it was such a small blip in the story that I find it strange you would focus on that minor aspect.

To be blunt, this story suffers from being posted in Loving Wives for that very reason. The infidelity was instantly glossed over as a cultural thing and was really a non-issue. A much stronger case could be made for putting it in Interracial Love, and I feel that would have been a mistake as well. I would suspect that Romance would have held the best results for this story, but that's just my best guess.

CharetteCharette5 months ago

aye more romance then loving wifes ... but then there is Aislinn ... and well yes she is a loving wife

And the cheating well it´s a cultural thing and a social thing.

Time and Morals changes , look back for 100 years and boy there are sooo many Pedos ...

Why ? Because at that time you would be a old maiden if you would be single at 21 ...

deependerdeepender5 months ago

Thank you for bringing the Old World back to life. Your works are all thoroughly researched and well written. In this story, the conflict was created much more by the strain of your matter-of-fact presentation against the improbability of Ragnar's survival than it was by tension in any of the human relationships. It may be a small matter of no consequence, but one wonders if the focus might have been more centered on the relationship between Ragnar and Aislinn if you had gone more toward science fiction rather than trying to preserve some of the elements of fantasy. That is not to say that the world view of Ragnar's culture should excluded, but that a more direct exposure to his "new" world might have given Ragnar a much more worthy foe to conquer.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Hogwash

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

The story was okay. You were obviously shooting for an historical romantic fantasy with some science thrown in, along the lines of, say, Outlander, and in that respect, your story probably made as much sense, but my mental logic kept throwing up objections. {Sorry, Outlander was a very poor comparison. This has a much greater relationship with a story like The FarArena by Sapir.} I want to enjoy these stories, so I am usually pretty successful at suspending belief as long as the story has its own logic, but I had more trouble than normal this time. {I won't quibble about the category.}

As an engineer,I think that neither the freeze nor the thaw would give the results you want, but who cares. You got an unfrozen Viking and the method has no bearing on the rest of the story. The medical aspects were a nice touch.

My biggest problems are with the Project. I assume that there are societal differences between Norway and the US, but I can't believe that a modern society would allow two boys to be brought up as medieval citizens for 20+ years. For that matter, how do they justify running the Project for 25 years? Granted that the info gained is invaluable, 95% of the gain will occur in the first couple of years, long before the boys grow up. Compassion for Ragnar will count for something, but it would be next to impossible to keep modern society from impinging. I believe fishing would be typical for a Viking, so Ragnar could be expected to take a boat some miles, so unless this place is in nowhere, there is bound to be evidence of modern times. How can Aislinn keep a sat phone hidden for 25 years? Can the kids keep their mouth shut when the doctor check them out? Having Aislinn, a modern women with scientific training, suddenly volunteer to live with a primitive man without knowing anything about him, just brings up all kinds of comments about hormonal women. Just because of the expense and complications of running this on an extended basis, I could see making the effort for a year or two and getting most of the benefit, but eventually it would make sense to clue Ragnar in and then support him for his remaining days on an isolated location while interviewing him to really mine his knowledge.

I get it, really. This is a romance, and I have read a lot of romances over the years. I just kept stumbling over objections. I liked the story well enough but I have no idea how to rate it.

Frank66Frank665 months ago

Love your writing talents, expressed in your stories, and I'm happy to find them here. BUT, I'm astounded that these stories haven't been ripped to shreds yet by a very demanding and cruel group of readers here in LW. Thankfully, they're not commenting, but I see they are voting with low scores.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

This story should be in Fantasy/Science Fiction. Why not? Adultery, Romance, Erotic Couplings, and more can All happen in the Fantasy world. It was a mediocre romance and erotic coupling story, and an insignificant adultery story. The Fantasy was the heart of the story.

BarryJames1952BarryJames19525 months ago

Great story. I enjoyed the concept and the writing. It’s fun to escape to a different time and culture for a few moments.

RanDog025RanDog025about 2 months ago

Beautiful story and done purrfectly. Couldn't have asked for a better story this day! Thank you! 5 BIG ASS FUCKING HUGE FLAMING NOVA STARS! Your story deserves a much higher score. Now I will check our your other stories, maybe even follow. I have to confess, after reading this story, you are a very talented write. I loved how you put this one together. Thank you again! PEACE.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

I like science fiction but do not like fantasy fiction. There are way too many impossibilities for me to enjoy this. I stopped reading after the corpse sat up. Although, if the comments are to be believed, this is another cheating story which would receive a 1 star. Essentially, the bitch cheated because she found a bigger cock?

REALLY? That is so derivative of all the other non-loving wife stories that flood the Loving Wives category. It is hilarious how insecure authors are regarding their penis size.

JorunnJorunn30 days agoAuthor

You have my sympathies, Anon, as the description you provided (without reading the story), is not what actually happens. You have drawn your own conclusions based on ??. Perhaps you should give this story a complete read before condemning it. This story inverts the POV away from the traditional male (cheated on husband), and to a third person female view (one who is NOT married). The wife in this story remains faithful to her husband (is that your hang up?). It is this third person who has the affair with the husband, and this is HER story. She comes to regret the affair, because it endangers both husband and wife, with whom she is friends. The other thing that is important to this story is that it is not simply a marriage that will be destroyed (as in a typical LW story), however you will need to read the story to understand that. Give it a try.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userJorunn@Jorunn
A poet at heart, and writer of stories; of love, romance and nature's glories. There is some of me in all of my stories. I am a Huldra, a Shield-Maiden, and a Valkyrie. Jorunn Skaldmaer is an historical figure, one of the only known female Skaldic poets, and worked in the ...