All Comments on 'Their Secret Pasts'

by DCCoffeeman

Sort by:
  • 18 Comments
Mike9947Mike99479 months ago

This is as good as Southern Cross! Congratulations and Thank You.

Alas, a point of correction if you ever get to re-edit it: Omaha Beach was the cliff - my Regiment was first to land.

goodshoes2goodshoes29 months ago

A Hallmark movie, except it has to be given an "X" rating. What a well written and perfect story. Kept a smile on my face the whole time. Was waiting for the other shoe to drop in the story. Thankful it never did.

First time I have read a story by the author, will now proceed to read others.

Fireguy1956Fireguy19569 months ago

Agree with Mike9947, as good as Southern Cross, and Copper River. Just wished you could have gotten more into how they worked out their problem instead just jumping ahead. But still, all in all, very enjoyable.

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bc9 months ago

I have to admit I struggled wrapping my head around two porn stars falling in love, distracting me for a while as I tried to join the world you created. After some reflection, I gave up and figured they are just like everyone else and I was the problem, not the characters. You gave me something new to think about and I truly enjoyed the journey you brought us readers on. I would have liked to have read how they came to Phoenix as the place to live. Phoenix is close to LA, but a long ass flight from Miami. Great job and I look forward to the next adventure with you! 4.9*

OvercriticalOvercritical9 months ago

I saw the formidable dilemma they would have and I really didn't see the solution. Does she, with her skills in action and not administration in the porn world keep going or not. I never did get an answer although we are supposed to believe that she transferred her talents to writing screen plays and winning Oscars. He was already in administration so getting out of the action and into the office was already done. The author glossed over her transition, but I suppose to staidly the audience we were supposed to understand that she just became a writer. How they got to Arizona is beyond the scope of this story. Despite it being a 9 page story it moved pretty well. Worth a 4* rating.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Didn't like it.

The writing itself was good enough. However, suspension of disbelief had to be too big.

1. They're well known in a niche business, but they don't recognise each other. Aren't any conventions in the field?

2.. The story during WWII was not that moving, yet everyone cried, and they won prizes when made into a film.

3/5

Smiffy69Smiffy699 months ago

Gave it 5, but a couple of nit picking things. If you are flying West to East, seat 3A is on the south side of the plane. Cannot see the northern lights. Also, in the UK, there are no power sockets in bathrooms apart from a shaver plug. It’s building code so that electrical items such as hairdryers cannot be accidentally dropped into baths! Other than that, good story.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

I agree with the previous comment about suspension of disbelief.. also the Savoy hotel doesn't have a tenth floor.

t8ntliklyt8ntlikly9 months ago

I'm not going to nitpick anything in this story. Wonderful read. Almost on Par with one of my favorites, Copper River

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

To heck with the nitpickers. This was a good story. And on every plane I’ve ever been on seat 3A is on the left hand side. So flying west to east seat 3A’s window faces north, toward the aurora.

Boyd PercyBoyd Percy9 months ago

Splendid story!

5

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Couldn’t finish the story (stopped in Belgium), so I didn’t rate it. I kept trying to suspend disbelief, but just gave up. Life is too short.

Mr_MunchMr_Munch9 months ago

Wonderful story.

Enjoyed it quite a bit.

From the FWIW department:

The cliff was not on Utah Beach, nor was it on Omaha.

Pointe du Hoc was between the two beaches. The guns there, theoretically, could have interdicted both beaches.

That was why they were a high priority target.

PurplefizzPurplefizz9 months ago

Entertaining story, I thoroughly enjoyed it!

Ravey19Ravey199 months ago

What a Wonderful Life. Yes, a great Christmas and this is a great romance.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

5*s from me. So many of the stories on this site are sex-fests with a small story linking these together. Yours is a story, with sex scenes included = wonderful, thanks so much for your wonderful writing!

Now I'll have to see what else you've written.

Great work & as I said 5*.

oldsage_1oldsage_19 months ago

Enjoyed the lighthearted story very much. Thanks for shearing.

Cheers

SAGE

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Well this was sweet and romantic. It was easy to feel just how much they loved each other. I did get this uneasy feeling towards the end, as if it was all going to come crashing down because of that unresolved issue they had about being on opposite ends of the country, but thankfully it all worked out in the end. They got their wonderful life and lived happily ever after. And to think, it all began as a result of an empty seat in an airport lounge. It just goes to show, you never know how the simplest and most mundane of things can lead to the most amazing. I guess that's just life.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userDCCoffeeman@DCCoffeeman
All the stories I write are pure fiction, with the ideas coming from the deep recesses of my mind. I sometimes use real places and businesses, but I don't endorse any of them -- they are simply used in the story. I hope you enjoy what you read!

SIMILAR Stories

Outback 
4.87
826
372
Sales Team 
4.83
3.9k
863
The Unicorn 
4.84
1.9k
621
Let Go 
4.7
1.6k
843
Full Count... 
4.91
678
194
More Stories