There Must Be A Mistake Ch. 22

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Yes ma'am, wheelchair, I hate that fucking thing. I feel like an invalid in it."

"You're getting so close Doctor, don't ruin it now."

"The voice of reason, talking to an angry man. Thank you, I don't say it enough, but thank you."

"Move your ass Doctor; let's see what Richard has found."

It felt like decades since I'd been in Richard's room, and it was totally changed. His baby furniture was gone. His new furniture was in a Western theme, with a desk a computer console and a bookshelf. I was going to ask Jen if she let him pick it out himself, but I would be pushing it if I did. I liked being vertical.

My bedroom chair magically appeared in front of his computer, and his was right beside it. I sat down and asked him what he found that was so important.

Richard used his computer like a veteran. He used a pencil to point out a dot in the Northwest quadrant of his computer and it had a cursor show its projected trajectory and speed. Then he handed me Big Blues' prediction using the Earth's orbit around the sun, the sun's orbit around the center of our universe, and the intersect point of the earth, and the asteroid.

"How big did you say it was Richard?"

"It is about 860 kilometers wide dad. It's just a little smaller than Texas."

My mind raced with the possibilities. It was six months away. If it made a 1/18th° deviation to the left of its current course, during the next one hundred and eighty six days, it would hit Earth, and destroy all life on the planet for hundreds of years.

"Get me a telephone Jennifer." It didn't take her long and I had one in my hand.

I called Doctor Oyster, because he was at Caltech, and Caltech controlled Hubble.

"Hello Even, how are you feeling?"

"When you look at what I'm looking at, you are going to be shitting in your pants."

"What's going on, you're not an alarmist."

"Can you pull up NEO on your computer?"

"Yes, why Even, what have you found?"

"I didn't find it. My nine-year-old son, Richard, did. He gets to name it. Tell me when you have it on your screen."

"Go ahead Even, I have it on."

"Northwest quadrant at an azimuth from center, 349°, follow the arc up until you intersect a bright pulsing dot."

"Who's transmitting this Even?"

"It's coming out of Scotland."

"Okay I see it, what about it?"

"Richard ran this through our IBM. It's moving at 24,000 mph and will intersect with Earth in approximately six months at a close approach of 4000 miles plus or minus 8%. With a deviation during its flight time of 1/18°, it's a direct hit. It's a planet killer. I suggest you move Hubble and verify what I just told you."

"Are you kidding Even? I had you on speaker, the three people that heard you are already running to their phones. What made Richard look in that area?"

"I'll let him tell you, because I don't know."

"Doctor Oyster would like to speak with you Richard. Don't be nervous, just be yourself."

"Hello Doctor, this is Richard."

"Hello Richard, your dad is very proud of you, and he has every right to be. You found something early enough we may be able to save our home. You are an amazing young man."

"Thank you very much Doctor Oyster."

"What made you look at that quadrant of the sky Richard?"

"I was talking with the family yesterday, after discovering that our route to Kepler 62E would take us through the center of a White Hole. As we discussed it, we decided to go through the White Hole to the area of the Sagittarius A Star, and take pictures of it being eaten by the Supergiant Black Hole, and transmit them back to earth. That way you could see what it would actually look like in living color, rather than by x-ray.

After we finished that portion of our survey, we were going to look for a new home north east of Sagittarius N. That's where this asteroid happened to be."

"What goes on in your household Richard? I have to move in. I feel like the village idiot. What is a White Hole?"

Richard took several minutes to explain to the professor what a White Hole was.

"You discovered this yesterday?"

"No, I actually found it the day before yesterday, but it took me a day to build up the nerve to talk to my father about it. He is a very smart man, and I didn't want to seem stupid in front of him."

"Somehow Richard I don't believe any of Even's children are going to be stupid. Would you ask him to adopt me please?"

"Doctor Oyster wants you to adopt him dad."

"Tell him I'll make him a deal later."

"Doctor, my dad said he will make you a deal later."

"Okay, tell him I'm going to fly out there tomorrow, or the next day. Goodbye Richard, think of a great name for your new discovery. After Hubble verifies that it is really coming this way, you have to name it, because you saw it first."

"Thank you Doctor Oyster, I'm going to name it Kublai Khan, when the time comes."

"What an excellent name for a killer asteroid Richard. That is an excellent name. I will see you soon."

****************

In the control room, they sent Hubble a message to turn, open its huge mirror, and see if this new invader, to our tiny piece of sky in the Milky Way, was a real threat to our planet. Two hours later, Hubble sent a reply that it was ready.

Controllers sent a message Hubble was accustomed to getting. Remain in place, and take sequential pictures of that area of the sky, until we tell you to stop. Technically, it was called, "A Deep Space Field."

This test of the camera would last one week, and focus on one moving object to verify its course and speed. Other 'Deep Space Fields' lasted a month or more, and revealed stars and gaseous nebulas scientists believe were formed shortly after the 'Big Bang.'

**************

109. Sex and Marriage

"Hi Steph, how has your day been?"

"Hello darling, what a wonderful surprise. I could use the break. Things are so crazy here I can't see my desk through the paper. Can you invent a device to clone me? I could really use another me to get through this crap."

"Stephano, hire more staff."

"The building is full, where would I put them?"

"Take security out of their ready room. Move some of them down by the computers, and the rest of them throughout the building. Put your staff in there."

"I never thought of that. I'll run it by Dan and William to get their input on it."

"You sound awfully tired Stephano, why don't you go home and go to bed. I'll sing you a lullaby."

"If you were in my bed, you wouldn't be able to sing."

"Why, why wouldn't I be able to sing?"

"My dick would be so far down your throat it would be tickling your asshole."

"I remember your dick as being tiny. I must need a refresher course."

"Someone must've hit you over the head again if you remember my dick as being tiny. When I put it up your ass the last time, your eyeballs nearly popped out of your head."

"I've never had anal sex. I have no idea what you are talking about."

"Patricia, you are a lying sack of dog shit."

"I'm lying in bed playing with my pussy, and you're talking to me when you're supposed to be drowning in paperwork. You must not be all that busy. Are you fucking your secretary as we talk?"

"Yes, all three of them."

"I hope they have large magnifying glasses so they can find you. Hold on for a moment please; I'm getting ready to cum."

"If I was in Glen Falls right now I would shove an ice cube up your pussy and help you explode."

"If you were in Glen Falls the ice cube would melt before you got it into my pussy."

"Why, would you fight me?"

"I always fight you to make it more interesting while we are in bed. However, you would be in New York jerking off, because I am in Texas playing with my pussy. My husband has a terrible sense of direction."

"You bitch, I'll be right there."

Stephano said to his secretary, "Get a couple of the girls to help you for the next three or four days. Your salary just jumped to double, while I'm gone. Get as much work done as you can. I'll check it over when I get back. Here's my cell phone. Forget my home phone number. Only two people can call me Mister Zabo, and God."

"Yes Mister Valentino, tell Patti we said hello."

***********

Jemma walked into William's office with blood in her eyes. He was on the telephone, but he recognized that look.

"I'll call you back."

"Don't kill me Jemma, I will do this here, and then I'll take you home and do it with you for as long as you want."

"Even said you are the smartest man he has ever known, and he is right. I missed you so much William; I was getting ready to fuck the bedpost."

As he held her in his arms he asked, "Is the bedpost bigger than I am?"

"No, but it was there; and you were here. Undress me you sonofabitch, and stop talking."

There wasn't much to do, because underneath her floaty dress she was naked.

"I think you missed me."

"If you say one more word William, I'm going to rape you."

Jemma stripped him of his shirt, shoes, and slacks, as a tornado strips a wheat field. He was already rigid as she climbed on top of him. She exploded into orgasm as soon as he touched bottom.

"I don't care how dangerous it is here; I am never leaving you again. You can send Patrick away, but not me."

She continued riding him, while he suckled her breasts, and played with her clit. He knew exactly where to touch her, and Jemma came continuously, until she lost consciousness.

When she regained her composure, William was on top of her, moving slowly, while kissing her face.

"Darling girl, as much as you missed me, I missed you. There are things happening here that are extremely dangerous. We must send Patrick away soon. We will send him to Junior; he will be safe there. You will come to work with me every day so I can keep you safe. If anything were to happen to you, I would die."

"You are talking too much, and making love to me too slowly. Would you change that please?"

He did, and within a few moments; they both crested the horizon.

"You must send a note to United Airlines for me Jemma, thanking them for having you as my flight attendant? You are the best gift any man could ever hope for, or receive."

"How wrong could any man be? Look what you've done for me from the very beginning William. You've taught me how to speak correctly. You taught me how to be faithful to one man. You have given me two wonderful children, and a life anyone would envy. I love you more today, than I did when you put those Ben-Wa balls into my vagina, and took me to the party at the Justice Department, with no panties.

When we left the building, and we were getting into the limousine, I warned you not to touch my ass. You didn't; you touched my thigh, and those balls shot out of me, like a bullet out of a gun."

William laughed. "That was a fun night, wasn't it? I did make up for it later that evening didn't I? We married in front of a Supreme Court justice, the Attorney General of the United States, and the Director of the FBI. You can't get much better than, can you?"

"You are lucky you did. I may have killed you in bed that night, if you didn't."

"Let's get dressed; I'm taking you home for a few days so we can catch up. I'm going to call Junior, and tell him Patrick is on his way to him, and why. I want him to have everything ready when he arrives."

"I'll also call Stephano and tell him I'll be gone for a few days."

"I wouldn't do that. I flew in with Patti. Stephano will be gone for a few days also."

"Who the hell is going to be in charge?"

"How about Lucius; you've always trusted him."

"What a brilliant idea; I think I'll keep you around for another 15 or 50 years."

William asked his secretary to get Dan Morgan on the phone.

"Yes Mister Zabo, how can I help you?"

"I am going to be out of the office for several days Dan. You are in charge of security as always. Lucius will take charge of the general operation while I'm not here. Anything to do with security is your baby. Do you understand?"

"Yes Mister Zabo, I understand."

Dan called Lucius on his cell.

"Yes general, how can I help you."

"I want you in my office in 30 seconds."

Dan hung up the phone before Lucius could ask why.

Lucius ran into Dan's office with his arms behind his back.

"I'm tired of you gnawing at my wrists, eat food instead."

"What did you do this time? Why is Zabo putting you in charge of everything?"

"I haven't talked to William in weeks; I don't know what you're talking about."

"He called me and told me you are in charge of the general operation here. Effectively, you are my boss."

"Really, how wonderful. Stand at attention general."

"In a pigs eye Lucius that will never happen."

"I didn't think so, but I thought I'd give it a try. Did William say anything else to you?"

"Yes he did. He wanted you in his office three minutes ago."

"You cock sucker. I hope that cast itches like crazy for the next three weeks, and when it comes off I hope you have boils on your skin."

Dan laughed as Lucius ran out of his office, and made his way down to the bowels of the building to Williams' office. When he got there, he was sweating like mad.

"Lucius, my friend, why are you sweating?"

"Dan kept me in his office reading me the riot act. When he was finished, he told me I was three minutes late getting here. You know how I hate to keep you waiting."

"How long have we been friends Lucius? It's almost 27 years now, isn't it? I don't think a few minutes between us is a problem. I believe it's time for you to put Dan through his paces."

"There are too many important things going on here William to make bad blood between Dan and me. We make a very effective team, and we are here to protect the program and you. For me, you come first."

"I smell sex, you can come out of the bathroom now Jemma. My friend would never cheat on you, not ever."

She walked out of the bathroom and smiled at him.

"I didn't know you were part hound dog Lucius."

"It's part of my training Jemma, and if you don't mind my saying, you look as lovely as ever."

"How could a woman ever refuse a compliment from a handsome man like you?"

"Are you two quite finished? I'm standing here, and you're playing with the affections of my wife again Lucius."

"I am not playing; I'm telling her the truth. I keep telling you that you are the smartest man on the face of the earth. Look at the wife you've chosen William, is there any female more beautiful than she is?"

"I am going to get a gun just to keep you two separated."

"I would never infringe on anything that is yours my friend. I hope you know that I would kill myself first."

"I know Lucius; you are the best friend I have ever had."

"I will protect you and your family, with the last breath I have in my body."

"I have a request Lucius."

"Anything you ask, I will get done."

"I want you to rent a Boeing 777 to take Patrick and four of your female agents to Shanghai. They are to deliver him to William Junior. He will his have his instructions by tomorrow morning his time. The aircraft will bring the women back here. Ask Even if Holden and any of the other employees, who have children around Patrick's age if they would like to go along for the ride. It would be nice if he had some company on the long trip.

I will make all of the appropriate arrangements. I will ask young William if there are any amusements in Shanghai for the children to enjoy for a few days, before they return home. I will cover all the costs for the entire trip."

"The aircraft will not be a problem William. Getting the names of the children from the parents may take a few of days. I will get to work on it immediately. How long do you think it will take to get passports and visas for them?"

William smiled at his friend.

Lucius said, "Sometimes I asked the dumbest questions."

"This office is yours until I return. Don't touch the red button under my desk. The room will explode if you do. Sit down my friend; you are in charge."

"William you are talking too much and your wife is standing beside you. You can continue talking, or you can get laid at home. Make your choice, but I'm leaving."

"Goodbye Lucius, I hope she doesn't kill me."

Jemma stopped him as soon as they closed the outside door.

"There is no red button, is there?"

"No Jemma, there is no red button."

"I have to know if he looked for it."

"Of course he did Jemma; it's human nature. Wouldn't you look for it?"

"Yes, but I have to catch him at it, I have to know for sure."

She opened the outside door, and quietly walked to the inside door. Abruptly, she opened the inside door, and found Lucius on his hands and knees looking under a desk.

She laughed. "Are you looking for something Colonel?"

"Yes I am. I wanted to make sure William didn't stick any gum under here that would get on my pants. It's tough to get off."

"You're not looking for a little red button are you?"

"Why would I be looking for a little red button? William said it was here, and he would never lie to me."

"I told you he has the quickest mind as anyone in the world Jemma. The Army's loss was my gain. I cleaned off the gum yesterday, because there was too much under my desk."

"Dammit William, he lies and you swear to it."

"Isn't that what friends do for one another?"

"Husband, you are in so much trouble."

"If you let me take you home, I'll show you how I get out of trouble. Goodbye Lucius, we're leaving now."

"I don't like you Lucius."

"You are absolutely adorable Jemma."

*****************

Ten minutes after William was safely away from the building, Lucius keyed the speaker system.

"Attention everyone, attention everyone, Mister Zabo is taking the next few weeks off. He has left me, Colonel Lucius Canyon, in charge of day-to-day operations. I repeat I am now in charge of all day-to-day operations. If you have a problem of a non-emergency nature, you will bring it to the attention of General Dan Morgan.

As you know, he is without a secretary at this time. He will triage each problem personally, and dispatch it to the appropriate authority.

I will be personally interviewing each potential applicant as a replacement for Margaret Post, who is no longer the generals' secretary, because, as we are all aware, the general fucked that relationship up royally.

It should only take me four to eight weeks to find a successful applicant. At that time, I have to have her/his security clearance vetted, which will take us another few weeks. Then, and only then, will she/he be able to begin working for the general. That is all."

He barely had a chance to shut down the system, when his telephone rang.

In a very chipper voice he said, "Mister Zabo's office, this is Colonel Lucius Canyon speaking, this line is recorded for security, and training purposes."

"I am going to kill you, and burn your body until it is unrecognizable. Then I'm going to put your remains into a meat grinder and chew it up until it becomes dust. I will go to the roof, on a windy day, and let it take you to the four corners of the earth."

"I'm sorry I don't recognize the voice, who is this?"

"It's Dan you no good rotten bastard. Who did you think it was?"

"I don't know any Dan's, do you mean General Morgan?"

"You know god damn well it's me. Where did you put my gun you goddamn bastard."

"I hid it so you couldn't hurt Margaret."

"Margaret isn't here any longer. I want my gun back."

"I'll have Jayden bring it to you in five minutes. I'll be in your office in 10 minutes. You can take your revenge out on me at that time. Will that suit you?"

"You don't have the balls to show up in my office, when I have a gun in my hand."

"I will be in your office in 10 minutes general. The cameras are still off so there will be no one to testify against you, and no pictures of you committing a crime."

1...34567...9