They're Watching in the Dark

Story Info
Two couples get together for a Friday night movie.
5.1k words
3.96
21.2k
27
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Rain came down in sheets. All Oliver was trying to do was get home on a Friday, but instead, he sat parked on the freeway behind a semi-truck.

He sighed in exasperation at the traffic for the millionth time in his life. His podcast droned on. It wasn't a particularly great episode, and this irritated him more. He checked his phone and texted his wife, Evelyn, or Evie, for short.

"Are you home already?"

"Yep, just got back from the store and getting all setup. How's traffic?"

"Shit. The map thing says twenty minutes."

"Okay, don't worry, you'll make it in time, I think. Besides, they're always late anyway." Oliver sighed again. She was right, of course, as always. He was just excited to spend the night with their couple friends, Lucas and Grace, for potluck, snacks, drinks, board games, and a movie.

They could only get together about once a year because their friends had an infant, and they all had work and life. Plus, they lived forty-five minutes away and now with this rain. It surprised him they were even coming at all, but it'd been a long time and he knew they all wanted to see each other. It'd been at least a year, maybe more.

Lost in his thoughts, the freeway exit finally appeared, and he turned off.

"Thank fucking god."

Oliver broke through the front door of their house soaked. He slugged his work bags along and set them down next to the couch. He needed a cigarette after that drive, but first, he wanted to kiss his beautiful wife.

"Babe? Where are you?"

"I'm in the kitchen!" Just as he reached the doorway to the kitchen, Evie hopped out with a bubbly grin, her hands interlocked in front of her. The hop giggled the generous cleavage behind her black, v-neck blouse. Oliver grinned, knowing she'd done it on purpose. She giggled when he stepped forward to kiss her. He slung his arm around his wife's waist. They held the kiss for a few seconds, taking in each other in after a long day, reconnecting even though they'd only been gone a few hours at work.

"Mmm, yes please," Oliver said, and broke the kiss. He took his wife's hand and held it up for her to model her outfit.

"You like?" she said.

"I do. Is it new?" he asked. Besides the casual blouse, she wore high waist, maroon yoga pants. One of Oliver's favorites because it turned her ass into two loaves of bread, fresh from the oven.

"You'll never know!" She squealed and went back into the kitchen. He shook his head. The mound of her clothes in their bedroom could clothe a women's homeless shelter. It was like laundering money. She mixed in the old with the new, and Oliver was none the wiser.

"Did you go to the gym?" He asked and passed her in the kitchen.

"No, it's too cold outside," Evie said, and arranged the ingredients on the counter to make their party platter.

"What did you get?"

"You know, the usual: chips, salsa, wings, more chips, mozzarella sticks, cookies." Evie pointed to each thing.

"You know! The usual. Do you know what they're bringing?"

"I think Lucas is bringing Brazilian BBQ or paella. I can't remember what he said," Oliver said.

"That's two pretty different things, Olie," Evie mocked him. He laughed. She knew he hated that nickname.

"And I think Grace is bringing some Korean BBQ." Oliver shrugged. "It's going to be too much food, as always."

"Oh hush, it'll be fun, and besides, you can never have enough for a party."

"One of these times we should actually coordinate with everyone."

"Alright, get out of my kitchen, and go do your smoke," Evie commanded. Oliver loved planning, and his wife hated it. Oliver smirked, knowing he'd gotten on her "nerves'' by pointing out how chaotic and unorganized their potluck's always were. He turned back to the kitchen from the backyard patio door.

"A FEAST OF KINGS, I SAY!" he shouted, and stole away.

Outside, he chuckled at his own joke and pulled out his phone. Oliver hadn't texted him since yesterday, so he sent a message to the foursome's group chat.

"Hey, are we still on for tonight? Just wanted to confirm." Oliver swiped out of the chat app and lit a cigarette. The first drag is always the finest, he thought, and leaned back in the wicker patio chair. He reached back with his other hand and massaged his neck. This new job stressed him out. The boss wanted his design team to have their new portfolio for the next marketing campaign ready to pitch on Monday, so he'd worked like a dog this week trying to get it done. Thankfully, it was done, but a thought gnawed in the back of his mind that they hadn't done the best they could.

"Fuck it," he said. He'd recharge over the weekend and be ready for Monday, and if not, they could fire him. He wasn't the creative director for no reason.

His phone vibrated.

"Yeah, we might be a little late, but we're coming." Lucas responded. The girls added emojis, and Oliver swiped to Lucas's Instagram. Lucas and Grace Bustillo were a handsome couple. Lucas: 6 ft., about 200 pounds with a brown high cut fade and jade eyes. Usually, he kept a close shave, but let it grow aesthetically stubbly from time to time. Oliver had seen him with a full beard before. He could pull it off. Lucas reminded Oliver of a soccer player who played for Barcelona or something and was great back in the day, but had now retired and let himself go a little. Lucas was still in much better shape than Oliver, though. Oliver chided himself. He needed to lug his smoking ass back to the gym.

He liked a few of their newer photos. For example, they'd taken a camping trip recently. Oliver and Evie had gone with them to the beach before. It'd been a good time.

He took another drag on his cigarette when a random image flashed into his mind of Grace at that camping trip on the beach.

Oliver brought two cases of cold beer to the shore. Lucas and Evie splashed in the water, trying to keep a volleyball up between waves rolling in. With each step, Grace's figure came into view as she watched their significant others and Oliver checked her out. White bikini bottoms struggled to cover her wide, pear-shaped ass. Against the sun, her fair, East Asian skin glistened with sunscreen. On top, a halter bikini top and a white sun hat with massive sunglasses to cover her face. He couldn't help but check her out while he slogged across the sand. A grain of guilt nagged at him once he arrived.

Stopping beside her, Oliver set down the beer.

"The calvary's here," he said. She laughed.

"I'm so jealous of them," she said. And in an ominous tone, Oliver thought. Evie screeched in the distance as Lucas splashed her to distract her from getting to the volleyball.

"They don't have to wear sunscreen." Grace turned to Oliver with a smirk.

He laughed.

Shower jets blasted against Oliver's white skin. The warm blanket of steam enveloped him. Hot showers in thunderstorms were one of life's greatest pleasures, he thought. He ran his fingers through his cinnamon locks of hair and closed his eyes to embrace the heat and water. The thought of Grace still hadn't left his mind, and neither had the fact that he'd become retroactively jealous of Lucas in that memory. Why hadn't he been jealous at the time? It was good that he wasn't, he supposed, because it was totally innocent, and they were just having fun.

Oliver reached for some beard shampoo and noticed a full erection between his thighs.

"What the hell is this about?" he asked himself. His eyes betrayed him and darted over to his favorite lotion for masturbating. He looked away with a wry grin.

"They'll be here in fifteen minutes!" Evie shouted through the bathroom door. It startled Oliver.

"Uh... okay!" he stammered back, but realized she said in passing and wasn't coming into the bathroom.

Do I want to get one out in fifteen? He asked himself. His cock throbbed in response. Why was he so horny?

"No, go away, you monster," he said to his cock and put in the beard shampoo. He still had to get dressed, anyway.

Luckily, his cock deflated once the doorbell rang.

Evie opened the door as Oliver walked into the living room, still adjusting his form-fitting maroon shirt and tan jeans. A jubilant chorus of joy resounded in the doorway. Everyone threw up their hands in celebration of the Bustillo's arrival.

"Oliver!" Lucas shouted and marched straight towards him with outstretched arms filled with grocery bags. Oliver embraced his long-time friend with genuine affection. Evie and Grace did the same, all smiles and disbelief at how long it had been.

"Come in! Come in! I'll take your things." Evie took everything Grace held and turned to go to the kitchen.

"No, no, I know my way around your kitchen, Evie," Lucas said and followed her. Oliver heard, "I can't believe it!" Only for their conversation to drown out once they reached the kitchen. Oliver turned his attention to Grace. She painted the most beautiful smile on her face.

"Olie," she said with dimples. She tilted her head and outstretched her arms. He laughed and hugged her. Something in his groin stirred, and he prayed he wouldn't get hard again. Luckily, she pulled away, but kept her grip on her elbows.

"How have you been?" she asked. Oliver snapped out of it. He'd have to deal with it later, and went into social mode.

"I've been great! We've been great. How about you guys?" Both naturally gravitated towards the kitchen, immersed in small talk. Oliver wasn't consciously pondering it, but something in the back of his mind vexed him like seeds blown into the wind only to spread and grow.

They sat down to dinner together after preparing what each couple brought.

"So how's the baby?" Evie started. Lucas smiled, but rolled his eyes and sighed.

"It's a lot, but we're managing," he responded.

"I bet it is," Oliver said.

"This is one of the few times we've had a night to ourselves. It's lovely and fulfilling, of course, but it's... just a lot, like he said," Grace added. They all chuckled.

"Would you rather talk about something else?" Evie said.

"Yes, please," Lucas and Grace said at the same time. Everyone laughed, and Lucas changed the topic.

"So Evie, how are you? It's been so long, and I already know everything about this fool over here." Oliver chuckled and Evie blushed. That ticked something in the back of Oliver's head.

"Well, the art is going okay. I have hardly sold anything yet online. I don't think I'm good enough."

"Yet," Grace said.

"Oh babe, that's nonsense. You've done amazing work. You give me amazing feedback for work," Oliver said and waved his old-fashioned, feigning outrage at her insecurity.

"Yeah, exactly. What the fool said. I bet it's incredible," Lucas said and touched her arm across the table in comfort. He looked back at Grace and then at Oliver.

"Can we see some?" Lucas asked.

"Oh no, of course not!" Grace said in embarrassment.

"Come on!" Lucas leaned back, his touch lifted from Evie's forearm.

"Come on, Evie. What are we going to do, say it sucks?" Grace asked.

"I'll be able to tell by the look on your faces!" she countered.

"Don't worry, we're talented actors," Lucas joked. Everyone laughed.

"If they don't show their true and undying love for your art. They're getting kicked out of here," Oliver chimed in. A silent beat passed, putting Evie on the spot.

"Oh fine, you guys are making me blush. Come on!" Evie got up from the dining room table and headed to her office.

"We got her," Lucas said with a devilish smirk. Oliver laughed.

The office was decorated with Evie's artwork. Ferns, palms, and succulents filled the room. Against one wall was her desk, complete with a desktop and her drawing tablet. Covering the walls was her exquisite artwork. Oliver thought she could be an interior designer and told her so all the time.

"Wow." Grace and Lucas spun around, admiring the various paintings and digital work that covered the walls. Evie let out a nervous chuckle.

"There's such a variety," Grace said, and meandered up to one painting to inspect it, drink in hand. Oliver watched them tour the museum that was Evie's office.

"I told you guys. She's really talented," Oliver said.

Lucas stepped over to a painting of a nude woman. The subject's body was in full view against scarlet blankets, but the painting ended at her neck, so the identity of the woman remained a mystery.

"Who's this?" Lucas asked. Oliver looked down and took a drink. He couldn't believe it. The painting Lucas was looking at was Evie's self portrait. He'd taken the picture of her on the bed, nude, so she could do it herself. She painted it and gifted it to him for his birthday. He loved it, but now, his friend Lucas admired the painting of his naked wife. Oliver drank again.

"No one, just a painting of a random, sexy lady," Evie said, and stood next to him to appreciate it.

"She's hot," Lucas said with a smile. Grace stepped over to them and slapped Lucas on the arm.

"Oh, come on, look at it," he said to Grace, chuckling. Grace laughed and agreed, "she is."

The painting depicted Evie with her back arched and arms lifted against the sheets. Her tits spilled across her chest in full view. Her hourglass figure was clear as the arch of her back rounded out her plump ass. The room fell silent for a minute. Everyone's eyes fastened on the painting.

"We'll take this one, I think, its entranced my husband, apparently. Look at him," Grace said in a sardonic tone. Lucas looked back at her and laughed.

"No, I mean, come on. I'm sorry. It's just so easy on the eyes." Lucas ran his hand through his hair, embarrassed.

"Don't worry, honey, I think it's hot, too. Sometimes I think you forget I'm bi," Grace said and winked at him. Lucas blushed. Evie laughed and made eye contact with Oliver, who'd gulped down his drink at this point.

"Unfortunately, that one's not for sale. It's special," Evie said with a wry grin and her eyes on Oliver.

"I guess my husband will have to find something else to masturbate to tonight," Grace said, and everyone laughed.

"Oh, come on, give me a break. It's a great painting. I can appreciate a beautiful woman without getting a hard on!" Lucas protested.

"Oh yeah? Let's see," Grace said. Her hand bolted down and grabbed his crotch through his jeans. Lucas yelped in surprise.

"Mmm, I don't know, babe. You're at least half mast," Grace said with a smile. Oliver and Evie guffawed at the act. Lucas looked at his wife with a stupid grin.

"Alright, you're off the hook this time," Grace said and chuckled. The group giggled a little more at the whole interaction.

"So, who wants to watch the movie?" Oliver said. Lucas turned to him.

"Only if there are refills involved," he said, clinking the ice in his empty tumbler.

Refilled and ready to go, the foursome headed to the couch. They'd repositioned their sectional, so it became more like a king bed, complete with pillows and blankets to settle in for the night. The rain still pelted the house and while getting refills at the bar, the conversation paused as thunder resounded in the sky and shook the windows. They'd all laughed nervously at the strength of the sound, but now, they headed for the makeshift bed.

Oliver grabbed the remote and turned on their mounted TV to search for the movie. He positioned himself on the right next to the armrest.

"I think I'm going to put on something more comfortable. What about you, Grace? You can borrow something of mine?" Evie said to the group, standing in the doorway to the kitchen.

"That sounds great, actually. A real movie night!" Grace said and jumped up to follow Evie. They headed to the master bedroom to change.

"Got any popcorn?" Lucas asked. Oliver laughed.

"I think there might be some in the cabinet. Feel free," he said.

"We're going to be waiting a minute, I assume, cigarette?" Lucas asked, grinning.

"I thought you quit," Oliver said.

"Well, it beats sitting here and waiting," he said. Oliver smiled and got up for a smoke.

Outside, under the covered patio, Lucas and Oliver watched the sheets of rain come down. Oliver could see nothing but the waterfall pouring off the roof. The two friends puffed on cigarettes and watched the smoke billow into the night.

"Hey, can I ask you something?" Lucas said, exhaling smoke.

"Sure."

"Don't be offended though," Lucas said and chuckled.

"What?" Oliver said, confused.

"I just don't want the question to offend you," Lucas said with a wicked grin.

"Alright," Oliver said, not sure what was coming.

"Okay. That painting in there, was that Evie?" Oliver hid his reaction. Goosebumps covered his arms. He pulled on the cigarette, exhaled, and laughed to relieve the tension.

"No man, seriously, it really is just some random woman," Oliver said, trying to laugh it off. When he looked back at Lucas, he could tell Lucas didn't buy it.

"Alright, whatever you say. I'm not trying to be weird or anything, but that painting was hot as hell. I'll admit it," Lucas said. Oliver glanced away. He could feel his cock growing in his pants and didn't know what to make of it. Lucas, his friend, had seen his wife's body in paint.

"Yeah, I think you made that clear," Oliver joked to make light of it.

"By the way, I didn't know Grace was bi?"

Lucas blew smoke and nervously smiled at Oliver. He raised his eyebrows in enthusiasm.

"I know, I've always known, but she only shares with people she trusts."

"Have she or you guys ever done anything with other women?" Oliver asked.

"Wouldn't you like to know?" Lucas said and smirked with a suave satisfaction.

Oliver's cock grew and pressed against his boxer briefs. Stop it, he thought. Why am I so turned on by this? He asked himself. Anxious, he pulled on his cigarette and finished it before Lucas had smoked half.

"I'm going to have another," Oliver said, extracting one from the pack.

"Already? Okay, hold on. I want another, too," Lucas said. Oliver sipped from his bourbon, waiting for Lucas to finish.

"Fun night, man. Thanks for having us over," he said, starting his cigarette."

"No problem, we missed you guys," Oliver replied.

"So what movie are we watching?"

Ten minutes later, the four of them settled into the couch bed. On the far right, Oliver laid out with the remote in hand, looking for the movie they planned to watch. To his left, Evie snuggled up next to him, under the blanket in pajama pants and a tank top. To her left, Lucas got comfortable with one arm slouched behind his head and his drink in the other, with Grace at the other armrest, also in a tank top and boxers. Oliver had noticed her legs when she'd come back from changing. He also noticed that neither of the wives came back braless.

His cock would not behave tonight. He was constantly semi-erect since smoking outside and was hiding it.

Luckily, he found the movie: They're Watching in the Dark.

"So what's the movie about?" Lucas asked.

"It's a horror movie, but that's all I'll say. I think you'll like it. Now, does anyone need a drink before we start?" Everyone said yes, so Oliver got up one last time and stumbled a bit.

"Shit, I'm starting to feel it," he said, and everyone laughed.

"Also," Evie said dubiously, and reached onto the table to open a tiny chest that contained blunts and a lighter, "if anyone would like to partake."

"Yes, please," Lucas and Grace said at the same time. Oliver laughed from the kitchen. He didn't care for weed, but didn't mind if everyone else smoked. After refilling everyone's drink, he returned to their "theater," turned off the lights (all except the colorful LEDs that back-lit the TV), and got comfortable as clouds of marijuana filled the air. Oliver took one sip of his fresh bourbon and hit play. The movie started. The surround sound shook the couch. Oliver leaned over and kissed Evie on the cheek. She returned the kiss with one on the lips and gave him the most beautiful smile. Oliver smiled back, settled in, and exhaled in pleasure.

12