This We'll Defend

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Luna paused and cocked her head my way.

"I feel your eyes on me again," she stated matter-of-factly.

"You're beautiful. Can you blame me?"

"Ugh. I can't believe I put up with you for these past couple of months."

"You never told me to stop."

She grinned.

"You got that right."

"And I guess you have to get use to it because I'm pretty sure my eyes will stay glued to you for next couple of weeks."

"Months even?"

"Years, too."

She leaned over and cupped my cheek. I kissed her fingertips, then leaned in to kiss her lips.

"Oh, the torture I have to go through to be with you," she said smiling.

Once we finished our drinks, we gathered our things and started to walk towards the front door. I saw two teenage girls standing near the doorway, gawking at a familiar sculpture displayed at the front entrance.

"Damn," I heard one of the teens say in awe," I wish I had the talent to sculpt something like that."

The owner of the coffeeshop decided to buy one of Luna's sculpture, the very same one that portrayed Tasha and I. Since Luna has been a loyal customer of Annie's Coffeeshop, the owner decided to buy and support her work. Plus, the sculpture itself gathered a lot of attention from the customers themselves.

I proudly smiled at Luna's work as we exited the shop with my hand intertwined with hers.

The dark creature's presence in my mind was hardly noticeable anymore. No matter how hard it tries to pry its way out reminding me of my past, I fight my damn hardest to keep my inner peace and hope. Even though Luna doesn't talk about it as much as I hoped, she's doing the same thing with her past toxic relationship with Mark.

With her hand in mine, it makes me think we could conquer all of our demons not with guns, medications, or even therapy. With our blossoming love with one another and to life itself, it makes me wonder if that's the secret and the most powerful weapon of them all.

Yes, maybe that's it.

Our love is getting stronger each and everyday. Truly, we'll hold on to it because love makes life's journey kaleidoscopic and real. No matter what, we'll fight for it.

No matter what life throws at us, we'll guard it.

This was ours.

And forever, this we'll defend.

END.