Thorne Bay - Stressful Tuition

Story Info
Neha is stressed about exams and seeks relief with her tutor.
7.8k words
4.52
6.9k
3
0
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Thorne Bay - Stressful Tuition

*All characters are over the age of 18. Please note that this story contains a mild incest element.

1

NEHA

A quick workout usually helped Neha Tilly to get rid of stress. The feel of the burn in her muscles, the simple act of using her physical strength, of not having to think, was a carnal sort of relaxant. It was usually enough, but not today.

Summer was surfing in, and Thorne Bay was alive with greenery and sunshine. Birds sang in the stupor of the late afternoon, and her bedroom curtains drifted lazily from the welcoming breeze.

It was very annoying, then, that she was in a bad mood. She dropped her dumbbells - a bit harder than she intended to - and wiped the sweat off of her brow.

"Ready to get back to work?" Aoifa said in between deep sips of water. Her sandy auburn locks slick with post-exercise sheen.

"Yeah. Why not?" Neha sighed.

They took a moment to clean themselves up before sitting down on the soft carpet of Neha's bedroom floor. Final exams were two weeks away. Final, final exams. Come next semester, Neha was supposed to be off to university, but she still hadn't gotten in.

"I think we should go over the past paper," Aoifa ruffled through her bag. "Quadratics will definitely be asked."

"Okay," Neha stretched and readied herself. "We can work it out on our own and then compare answers?" Like they always did. It went without saying, and so Aoifa didn't even need to nod.

Neha looked down at the complex math equation. Her hair fell into her eyes and reached for a scrunchie to tie it back. The sum was tricky, and she stared blankly, attempting to wrap her head around it. She tried writing it out, but her pen failed her. No ink. She reached for another and was just about to try again when she became aware that Aoifa was looking at her.

"What's up?" Neha said.

"Just waiting for you," Aoifa smiled. The freckly girl held up her paper.

"Give me a moment, we just started."

"I gave you ten."

"What? No?" Neha checked the clock on her bedside table. It was true. She'd spent ten minutes on the problem and had barely begun to solve it. "I, uh." She cleared her throat. "I need a glass of water."

Neha quickly left the room and scampered over to the kitchen. Water didn't help to calm her nerves. Quadratic equations were easy. Work from two years ago. This was supposed to be the easy part.

She filled another glass of water, then accidentally knocked the edge of the sink when bringing it to her mouth. She dived to catch it, but it slipped through her fingers and it shattered on the tiled floor. She lay there. Covered in water and surrounded by broken glass, and began to cry.

She was useless. How was she supposed to get in, when she couldn't even manage something simple like this? There was a time when she was at the top of the class. Those days were long gone, now.

After a minute or ten, she rose to clean up her mess.

She knelt to pick up the bits of glass first. If Aoifa had heard the commotion, she was pretending not to. Neha had been slipping for a while now, and she got the impression that Aoifa really wanted to help, but wasn't quite sure how to.

Aoifa had been her best friend since the first grade, when Neha had still been a lost little brown girl. Well, she still felt like a lost little brown girl. Aoifa had been there to lend her a hand and a smile and her company, and it had been enough to make a bad day just a little brighter.

She wrapped up the shards and threw them away, and made quick work of mopping up the water. When she returned to the kitchen, Aoifa was there, concern permeating her emerald eyes. She didn't say anything, but she must have seen something in Neha's mood. She held out her arms and didn't relent until Neha came in for the hug.

The touch was more welcoming than Neha realised. She collapsed into her, and just enjoyed the warmth of a friend.

"Sorry I'm such a bad tutor," Aoifa whispered.

"What?" Neha pulled away. "It's not you, it's me. I've just been so... frustrated." She sat on the island stool and slumped over the counter. "I just need these exams to be over. I can handle the constant stress. The constant demand to be doing something. And every time I fall behind it just cascades and cascades and I feel like the whole thing is about to come down."

"Well," Aoifa rounded the counter and stood across from Neha, taking her hand in hers. "I think I might know someone who can help."

Neha blinked at her quizzingly.

"You know my brother, Cian? He's a chemical engineering student. Math is sort of his whole deal. His done lessons before. He'll be happy to help. It's kind of his thing."

"I don't know..."

"I insist," Aoifa squeezed her hand.

***

Neha's mom was a strict Muslim. No boys, no late lights out of the house. Those were rules that were so ingrained that they didn't even need to be mentioned. Neha braced herself for her mum's arrival. She should be home any minute. She had cleaned the house and prepared supper and done a dozen other dutiful things a good daughter was expected to do. And then she waited.

"Hi, mummy!" Neha said a little too quickly when the front door opened. She cursed silently, took a deep breath and tried again. "Supper's ready."

"Assalamalakum, my child." Mum said as she heaved her work bag into her office. Her mother was a veterinarian, one of the best in Thorne Bay. Neha waited as she washed up, and served her a big helping of chicken pasta.

Neha had adopted much of her mother's looks. Too tall and skinny, with skin the colour of milky coffee and eyes just as dark as her ebony hair.

"So? What do you want from me?" Mum asked.

"What do mean?" Neha replied, but her mother was squinting knowingly at her. "Aoifa suggested a math tutor."

"Oh?"

"It's a boy."

"Oh. Do you think it will help?"

"I do."

"Then you'd better do it then." Her mum said before attacking the pasta with vigour. Neha blinked in confusion, but didn't complain. Was she so clearly in need of help that her own mother was willing to bend the rules?

2

CIAN

Now that Cian Byrne had arrived, he was beginning to regret attending this revision class. Miss Nakaya was droning on about the fundamentals of inertial microfluidics in the cell. It was an interesting concept, but one she was forced to discuss on a basic level.

He only had himself to blame. This was, after all, a revision class. It was hard to appreciate the science when the meat of the lecture circled back to explaining Newton's first law of motion. High school level material.

Exams were still a couple of weeks out, but he didn't feel right taking it easy, even if his marks were up.

It was almost a relief when the text from Aoifa came through. Finally. Something interesting. What did his recalcitrant little sister want now?

Aoifa: I have a friend who needs some maths tutoring ASAP. Think you'll be up for it? I kinda already promised you would.

Cian snorted. Not exactly the fun distraction he had in mind. He was almost disappointed in her. What happened to the Aoifa whose idea had been to gradually change all his underpants with ones a size too small? It took him a few weeks, when he felt like his balls were about to implode, to finally realise what she was up to.

She was an annoying little shit. But she was fun.

He put his phone down without replying. He was feeling off, and more responsibility certainly wasn't going to help. She was adamant though. A few minutes later, his phone vibrated again.

Aoifa: I lied. She doesn't need tutoring. She needs a right proper fucking.

Cian accidentally let out a sound that was evidently so disruptive, the lecture had stopped. "Sorry, Miss Nakaya," he said ruefully. She shook her head and continued rambling.

He picked up his phone and read the message again. The nerve of this kid! Still, it was pretty entertaining. He'd humour her for a bit and then shut the idea down.

Cian: Are you out of your mind :D.

Aoifa: Yes. But you haven't seen her. She's stressed to heck and back. Her parents are so conservative. I'm pretty sure I'm her only friend.

Cian: You want me to pity fuck a nun? Dad left Ireland to get away from the Catholics.

Aoifa: She's Muslim.

Cian wasn't quite sure how to respond to that. It was all fun and games to be mean, but maybe the girl really did have a problem. He still wouldn't do it, of course. It would feel like taking advantage of an innocent young girl.

Cian: Nah. She's probably fat and gross. Girls who cover themselves like that

have nothing worth showing off.

He didn't mean that. It was just fun to toy with Aoifa. There were only ten minutes for the bell, but he could probably just leave now.

His phone vibrated again. A picture from Aoifa. The girl on his screen was one of the prettiest little things he'd ever seen. Bouncy cheeks the hue of varnished maple, a pert little nose and devilishly dark eyes. A stray brunette lock sprung free from her yellow hijab. Her smile caught him off guard. Innocent, but also sad.

The bell finally rang, making him jump. How long had he been staring at the girl? God. He didn't even know her name. It didn't matter that she was cute. He wouldn't do it. His feet carried him to the front of the classroom, towards the Biochem lecturer, Miss Nakaya.

"Miss Nakaya. I had a question about the class," he said.

"Cian," Miss Nakaya held her forehead in a grimace, but she was smirking. "What are you doing here?"

"Attending class," he smirked back.

"This is a revision class covering basic material for those who are struggling. You're a model student."

"But I have a question."

"Which you'll no doubt ask at the advanced class on Wednesday. Now shoo. I have students with more pressing needs."

Cian left, and soon found himself walking aimlessly around the Keanu Mahi campus. He hated this time of the semester. Two weeks to exams. His final, final exams. He was twenty-four years old, and soon he'd have his masters in chemical engineering. He'd spent six years at this university, and the previous twelve in school. The thought added a heaviness to his steps. He was ready to move on with his life, but the lucidity of the change was unnerving.

He ordered a cheeseburger from the fast food joint in the cafeteria. Not as good as Yuya's, but it'll do. It wasn't long before Laken Davis joined him.

"Sup Cian," the dark-skinned boy said as he sat. It wasn't really a question, so he didn't answer. "How was class?" He was already stuffing Cian's fries into his mouth.

"Meh."

"Worth it to ogle Miss Nakaya. No doubt,"

"Always is," Cian chuckled.

"Hey, do I need to wear a shirt?" Laken asked.

"I don't want to see your chest, if that's what you're asking."

"No, I mean at TB Aerospace. Like, do I need to dress formally every day?"

Cian shifted uncomfortably. Laken had gotten an internship at the local space flight program, and wouldn't shut up about it.

"Probably."

"What sort should I buy? This is more your kind of style."

"Just get something that fits right," Cian sighed and took a sip of cola. "We'll go shopping later."

"What about you? They get back to you yet?" Laken nudged his shoulder. "Or you thinking about somewhere on the mainland?"

"I, uh," Cian leaned in. It felt like a great secret. "I haven't actually applied anywhere yet."

"You wot?" Laken's mouth hung open.

"It's just all so..." Cian waved his arms about, "humdrum and dismal."

"You're face is dismal." Laken pointed a fry at him. "But yeah, I getchu."

Cian flopped back onto the bench and sipped his drink. This was his favourite spot for lunch. You could just about make out the cyan waters of the bay over the central building. He hadn't been down there in a bit. Some sun and surf wouldn't hurt. He'd been so couped up with studying and the ominous prospect of his future that he had forgotten to live a little.

And he had the perfect excuse for a trip down to his little holiday home. He took out his phone and sent a three-word text to Aoifa.

Cian: Let's do it.

3

NEHA

The only time Neha went out these days was to go to school, or when Aoifa managed to drag her out to do one activity or another. She worked out at home, studied at home, did everything at home.

So it was gratifying to have an excuse to dress up, for a change. And by dress up, she meant anything that wasn't pyjamas or her pistachio green school uniform.

She'd decided on simple black leggings and a pink t-shirt. Nobody would see either of the two, because she wore a chic red abaya over the whole outfit. She paired it with a black hijab. Because who didn't like red and black?

It was supposed to be a one-on-one tutoring session, but she'd gotten nervous and made a little white lie to Aoifa. She'd told her that her mum only agreed to the tuition on the condition that Aoifa tag along. It was a big step from having an existential crisis at home, to meeting a boy alone. Aoifa would serve as a welcoming bit of familiarity.

Cian's scholarship had gotten him a cosy little place not far from the university. But apparently, he'd chosen to bunk in the dorms. Everything in Thorne Bay was pretty close, compact little island that it was. So she wasn't quite sure why he'd chosen to do that.

She ordered an Uber, and the ride was quick. It was mid-afternoon when she arrived. Cockatoos sang as they darted amidst the trees and little kids were running down to the bay with the beach equipment. For Neha, it was another dazzling spring day squandered inside.

The house was more lavish than she expected. She had imagined a dull block of student apartments, and what she found instead was a modern bachelor's cottage. A wide front yard beckoned her into a wide oaken door. Cian must have scored a solid scholarship if they shelled out for a place like this. Or maybe the Byrnes were better off than she had thought.

She realised she was gripping the straps of her schoolbag something fierce, and relented. Why was she so nervous? She hated that about herself. Every little thing was like a big adventure for her. She wasn't sure if it was her upbringing or just the way that she was. Both, probably

She considered texting Aoifa, but decided to just ring the bell. She had footsteps thunder over and the oaken slab yanked inwards.

"Neha!"

"Aoifa!" They'd seen each other just yesterday, but it seemed rude not to return the enthusiasm.

"Looking hot, babe," Aoifa stood back and made a show of admiring her. Neha knew she was just being silly, but she blushed all the same.

"You too," Neha said, as she was led inside. Aoifa had opted for jean shorts and a crop top. More skin than she would ever dare to show. Cian's place was tidy. The few bits of decorations were all very nerdy. A poster detailing the solar system. A stylised periodic table with superheroes instead of elements.

She was pretty nerdy herself, and yet she stood idly in the centre of the room, feeling oddly out of place.

She was spared from having to move by the arrival of a man from the sitting room just beyond.

"Hi. You must be Neha," the stranger held out his hand politely. He was in the comfortable mid-twenties age that seemed to give men a rugged quality to them while maintaining a certain boyish charm. He had a healthy sort of paleness that complemented his dark hair.

"I. Uhm. Neha," she took his hand and grimaced. "But you already knew that. You must be Cian." He was looking right into her fucking eyes with those piercing greens. Somehow similar to Aoifa's and yet a thousand times more intense.

"Come on in," he led the way to the sitting room. He was wearing stripy trews and a shirt that was just a little too tight. And Neha was staring, so she looked away. The dining room table had been set up with snacks and drinks and stacks of notebooks. "I tried to get things that have no gelatin. Halaal only, as far I understand. I've got other foods if these aren't quite right, though."

"Ahm," Neha's voice had run away, but she hoped her amiable smile showed her gratitude. She popped a jellybean into her mouth and almost choked to death on it. Aoifa slapped her back and some clockwork seemed to fall into place. "Thank you for doing all this. I know you're very busy."

"Oh," He waved his hand dismissively. "I've actually been looking forward to this. Campus life got me in a rut lately.

"So Aoifa tells me you're having a bit of trouble concentrating? That's unfortunate. You seem like a smart young lady. Well, not to worry. I can sort you out good and proper."

"Oh, she needs a proper sorting out," Aoifa giggled.

"I do! I just... lost my mojo, you know?" Neha added.

"Of course. Well, I've got a few papers we can through. But maybe we should go over the fundamentals first. Geometry's more straightforward, so maybe can start with that, yeah?" Cian said as he rolled up his shirt sleeves.

How dare you. Neha thought. Do you just brandish those forearms for free?

He nodded at her expectedly.

"Geometry's good." She said as she took out her books and sheets of formulae.

"Oh good! You came prepared. Nothing worse than trying to teach an unwilling student." Suddenly he was on his feet. he rounded the table and came to stand over her, glancing at her materials. Neha was all too aware of his presence, and when he grazed her shoulder to lean in closer, an all too excited gasp escaped her lips.

"I think I'll wash up first!" Neha said, not daring to look any of the two siblings in the eye as she barreled towards the bathroom. She slammed the door shut, and immediately regretted it. She washed her face, redid her hijab, and stared at herself in the mirror.

"Get your shit together, girl," she whispered, as she willed away the ache between her thighs. "He's just a boy. A devilishly handsome one, perhaps. But still, just a boy." She gave herself a nod, and the reflection that smouldered back at her already seemed a bit more confident.

4

CIAN

"Okay," Cian nodded as the bathroom door slammed shut. "I think I get it now."

"Do you?" Aoifa seemed unsure if she should follow her friend, or give her some space.

"She's so highly strung. I'm actually a little agitated now. She definitely needs help," Cian said.

"That's the plan. To help her. That's what we're here for," Aoifa seemed to have decided on pacing back and forth.

"But, I mean, are we prescribing the right medicine?" Cian pondered.

"Oh, trust me. This is exactly what she needs. Hey," she snapped her fingers and waited for Cian to acknowledge her. "No cold feet, eh? We gotta do this."

"Yeah. Yeah, I know." Cian said. In a way, he envied the girls. There was something romantic about high school. He supposed it was the idea of possibility, of potential. All the kids in one place, doing the same thing. And then they're let out into the wider world, all with their own dreams and futures. Schools were provocative, lively places.

Thorne Bay Academy. He hadn't been there in years. Back then, he couldn't wait to leave. Now, part of him wanted to go back. He knew he couldn't, but he yearned for it all the same.

He was so pensive, so lost in his spiral of doubts, that he didn't realise Neha had returned until she was sat down in front of him. Her fiery outfit added to her meteoric allure. Unbound potential, stifled by... something.

"Hey," he regarded her. "What do you want to do? After school, I mean."

Aoifa shot him an inquiring look, but he ignored her.

"Architecture," Neha said immediately. She seemed a little more at ease. "I've always had a fondness for drawing, and math. Oh and puzzles. Designing a building is like solving a complex riddle. The only problem is... I need a good math grade."