Those Famous Five Words

Story Info
What is the definition of cheating? There are many answers.
8.8k words
4.03
92k
75

Part 1 of the 2 part series

Updated 06/10/2023
Created 08/21/2021
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

** Dear Readers, like in most of my stories, there is little sex. I write about relationships and how the involved parties react to adverse situations. I have always taking your comments seriously and I hope that it is apparent with my stories. I have reused a character from another story of mine. She is not a major character but a supporting character. I am also not an expert on legal matters so if some of the procedural issues are a bit inaccurate, please forgive me.

Once again many thanks to BlankRandi1958, not only is she an excellent author and editor but she always offers tremendous support.

This is a two-part story. I will upload the second part tomorrow. I hope you enjoy and thank you for reading **

Sharon Williams was very nervous. It was time to have the talk with her husband Jamie. She had started the process almost three months before, and never felt it would get to this. It was only the last month when she became very melancholy that Jamie happened to have noticed and was always inquiring about her spirits. Jamie was concerned, but Sharon wasn't saying anything.

"Honey, I'm fine. It's not something that I can put my finger on, but when I do, you'll be the first to know."

"Maybe you should your physician?" Jamie countered.

"I wouldn't know what to tell her. I promise you that I will work this out and when I discover what is bothering me, I'll share with you and we can decide whether I should see Joan or someone else."

"Okay, honey, I just feel so helpless."

Sharon gave her husband a kiss on the cheek, a hug and walked away. As she did, he heard her say out loud to herself, "I don't deserve him."

Sharon knew exactly what the issue was, she was just really scared of what might happen. She loved her husband with every ounce of her body. He was her world. That is why this was all so difficult. The only consolation to Sharon was that she believed that this entire issue was Jamie's fault. It had been almost a year ago to the day that she found Jamie sleeping in their den with his laptop open. It was late at night. She had fallen asleep at around 11:00 PM and remembered Jamie shouting that he'd be up in a minute. At 1:00 AM, Sharon woke and didn't see Jamie in their bed. She didn't want to yell because the kids were sleeping, so she donned her robe and went to search for her husband. She found him, out cold sleeping on his chair in front of his laptop. Sharon was going to close the laptop and wake him. Her eyes drifted towards the screen and she found herself mesmerized. Jamie was reading porn. It wasn't just porn; it was a story about a cheating wife."

"You're so much bigger than my husband. You really know what you are doing."

"You should just leave that old good for nothing and move in with me."

"You know I can't. I have kids."

"I'll take your kids, too, as long as I get your pussy and mouth every night."

Sharon found a pencil and a small piece of paper. She wrote down the URL. She took the paper with her and left the room. She made a tiny drop of noise, hoping to stir Jamie but not completely wake him. She didn't want Jamie to know that she was there. She placed the paper in her night table drawer and tried to go back to sleep. A few minutes later with her back facing away from the door, she heard Jamie quietly enter the room, undress and slip into bed. He was hoping that he didn't wake her.

*****

Jamie was in real estate management. After graduating college, he started to work, first as a real estate broker and then switched into management. After three years of working, he took the chance and started his own business. He knew he needed an office manager. The recruiting company sent him two kinds of managers; older experienced woman or recent college graduates. He couldn't afford the experienced managers, so he focused on the younger ones. He figured they could learn together. Sharon Harris was a recent college graduate. She seemed very capable. Jamie had invited her for a second interview and then told her, "Ms. Harris, I'm sorry to say but you didn't get the job."

Sharon looked dejected. "Mr. Williams, why didn't you just let the recruiter know, why did you call and make me come back here? As long as I'm here, can you explain to me, why I didn't get the job?"

"Ms. Harris, may I call you Sharon?"

Sharon looked annoyed but said "Sure, go ahead."

"Thank you, Sharon; can I explain it to you tonight over dinner?"

Sharon was not getting it. "Why would I want to go out to dinner with you when you just rejected me for a position?"

Jamie's answer surprised Sharon. "The answer to your question is in your question."

"I'm sorry, I'm not following."

Jamie just smiled at Sharon when Sharon finally blurted out "Oh you are a dirty little rascal. You think that you can ask me out after you turned me down for a job?"

"Sharon, you are more than qualified for this job, however, I do not want to be accused or arrested at some later date for sexual harassment. There is no way I can ever ask you out if I hire you. I may be hurting my business by not hiring you, for some potential personal happiness."

"I'll admit; this is a first. I don't think that I have ever been asked out like that. How did you know I'm not married or have a boyfriend? "

"I didn't, I was hoping you'd be available. I know I couldn't hire you because I couldn't concentrate on work if you were always around me, whether we are together or not."

Sharon blushed, gave Jamie her address and asked, "What time?"

"7:00 PM. We'll do dinner and dancing, so bring your dancing shoes."

Sharon got up. "Thank you for your time Mr. Williams. If you know of other leads, please pass them on to me."

"It's Jamie, and if my plan works out, we will be married in a few months and starting our family, so don't expect any leads from me."

As she walked out, Jamie didn't see the shocked look on Sharon's face. In fact, that is exactly what happened. It was on their third date that Sharon mentioned her roommates were away and asked Jamie to come up for a bit. Jamie left in the morning and from that time on, they were inseparable. They were married in eight months and one year after they wed, Dillon was born. Two years later, it was Ethan and two years after that, Fallon. The little princess completed the family. Sharon did manage to get a job, but two months before the wedding, she quit. Jamie's business was thriving, so money was never an issue. When Fallon started first grade, Sharon took a bookkeeping course and stared to work. She worked as a bookkeeper for a large retailer, and had been working for them since. Now, with Fallon a senior in high school and Dillon in his last year at University, Sharon was looking forward to that empty nest so she could find more alone time with her husband. This was all around the time of discovering her husband's porn fetish. She later discovered it wasn't porn: he had a fetish for reading about cheating wives.

The following day, she left mid-day, complained she was under the weather. When she got home she went the URL that Jamie was on and perused the material. There were romance stories, incest stories, fetishes, and others. The category that intrigued Sharon the most was the cheating wife's category. It intrigued her for a number of reasons; firstly, because that is what Jamie read. After that night, she occasionally snuck out of their bedroom after Jamie had fallen asleep and checked his history in his laptop. It was always a story about a wife cheating. She wondered if Jamie suspected her. She had no idea why he would; she didn't cheat. She was a good wife and gave him no reason to be concerned. Yes, he always wanted sex, sometime when she wasn't in the mood, but usually they did it. Yes, there were times when she actually turned him down and there were times when she initiated. As she read more and more stories, she realized that Jamie had a fetish, but there were four different types of stories. There was the type when the couple had an open marriage or that the husband encouraged the wife to sleep with a friend or stranger. That definitely wasn't them, but did Jamie want that to be them? She didn't think so and she didn't want that, or maybe she did.

The next kind was where the wife on her own slipped once. Those stories turned her on, but then the husband would never know, so that obviously wasn't what Jamie wanted, although it did get her thinking. The last two were what most of the members referred to as the BTB or RAAC stories. Those stories actually had the wife cheating and the husband eventually discovered her infidelity. Those stories drew out the most emotions out of her. Some had sex, others did not. It was the breaking up and divorce process that was emotional, or sometime it was the reconciliation process that affected her. The reconciliation was sometimes before divorce or sometimes after divorce, and that were also very emotional.

What Sharon could never figure out was the wives who openly without discussing with their husband, announcing that they were going out to get fucked. It was always the same: a good happy conservative marriage. Maybe the wife had issues, well, she did, but her husband wasn't aware. Then, out of the blue, her announcement: "I am going out tonight with a man I met, I will be back in the morning and I will still be your loving wife." The husband always tried to stop her and always failed. He always divorced her and she was actually shocked.

What kind of idiots are these women, she wondered? Where do they get their entitlement? If an affair happens for no good or bad reason, it's one thing, but to flaunt it? Sharon knew that if she would ever get the urge, that wouldn't be her. She learned through all these stories that the worst thing a woman can do to a man was turn him into an unwilling cuck. She learned that if she ever had a thing, it would have to be one of the first two types. Either keep it a secret from Jamie (type 2) or get his permission (type 1). She knew that once a divorce or separation process begins (types 3 and 4) it was out of her control. She definitely did not want to lose the comfort and stability of her life. She also realized that if she did try to keep it a secret, and she wanted to do it again, would she be caught? Probably. That would move type 2 (one-time secret) to a 4 (BTB), and if she was lucky, with a lot of unnecessary pain, a type 3 (RAAC).

All these thoughts went through her head for nine months while reading all the stories, then it happened. One day at work, a salesman for one of their vendors came by and enquired about payment. She usually discussed payments with the accounts receivable personnel of the vendor, sometime the salesperson themselves. She had known Steve for a while and spoken to him many times on the phone. He was a salesman for one of their largest vendors. The discussions were sometimes harmless flirtations, and they actually had never seen each other. Makayla, the office administrator, called her in the back office and told her that a Steve Carter was there and wanted to know if she was available. Sharon came out and finally met Steve face to face in the lobby.

"It's about time I see a face behind the voice." Steve said as he reached out his hand.

"Hello, Steve, nice to meet you in person." Sharon answered, and shook his hand.

"I don't think there are any outstanding invoices, are there?"

"Not that I'm aware of." Steve answered. "I'm usually here about once a week, and after speaking to you for the past two years I figured it would be rude of me not to say hello in person."

"Well, tell me the next time you are planning on coming by and maybe I will have more time for you. Right now, I'm behind on a few projects. It was great to meet you."

Sharon turned and left. On the one hand she felt that she was being rude, just to cut out like that. Yes, it was true that she had a lot of projects, but she had to get away quickly because she felt like she was staring too much. Steve was gorgeous. He had to be around her age, maybe a bit younger, with a full head of light-brown hair. He was maybe 6'1", and built. She started to compare him to Jamie, who was 5'10", and that was on a good day. Jamie did stay thin, but wasn't built like Steve. That all happened around three months previously.

*****

A few days had elapsed and Sharon received a call. It was Steve.

"Hi, I am coming by tomorrow, are you free for lunch?"

Sharon rarely left for lunch. She usually ate at her desk with something she brought from home. Sometimes, she and the ladies in accounting went out, but that was usually scheduled. She wasn't sure why, but she said, "Sure, why not."

Over the next two months she met Steve on a regular basis for lunch. He knew she was married, and started off easy. Steve, for his part, enjoyed being in the company of a beautiful woman. He was divorced with two kids, a bit younger than Fallon. He said that he screwed up. He cheated. It was a onetime slip. Maybe if he had told Alex (his wife), they might have had a chance. She found out. The woman bragged about it to her friend who happened to work with Alex. Alex found out about two weeks after the incident. Steve begged her to stay in the marriage, but Alex was incensed. He knew it.

"So why are you trying to get into my pants?" Sharon asked Steve. "Do you want that to happen to me? I thought you were a decent guy?"

"No, Sharon, if we do it, you must ask your husband for a hall pass. Ask him or tell him, but no secrets."

Sharon was well versed in the knowledge that she attained from internet web sites.

"No, Steven, I can never tell him. I could ask. I'm not sure how he is going to take it."

"So then you are interested?"

"I would say curious. I need something to recharge the old batteries. Everything is so routine with Jamie, but I need to respect him."

After that conversation, Jamie had told Sharon that he had a two-day conference. He hardly every travelled for work. There were some conventions of realtors and he usually went to those. It was usually two or three times a year, and they were brief.

Sharon had agreed one time to meet Steve for dinner. It was the night that Jamie flew out. She told Fallon that she was going out with friends. Sharon was home three hours later. After that evening and for the past month, Sharon did not meet Steve. They talked quite a bit on the phone. Always at work. Steve was really pressuring Sharon to have that talk with Jamie.

*****

"Honey, we have to talk".

Jamie was sitting in the living room. He just stared at Sharon. He was petrified. Those fives words are not what a spouse wants to hear. He knew something was bothering Sharon; he had asked her a number of times. She always played it down. He just stared at his wife.

Sharon lost her nerve. She saw the look of her husband, her loving husband's face. This was the man she has cherished for 23 years, and the words did not come out. She started to speak, opened her mouth but no sound came out.

Finally, Jamie couldn't take it, and in a very subdued tone said, "About what?" He wasn't making it easier for her.

"It's a.... It's about me," Sharon answered. She didn't say "it's about us," and that relieved Jamie. He was convinced that she was going to ask for a divorce or separation. He was attributing her depression to that.

"What about you?"

"I need to recharge my batteries." Sharon had that line down. Jamie had no idea, or made her believe that he had no idea, what that meant.

"I need some sexual stimulation."

"Oh, thank heavens, I'd love to help; what do you need me to do?" a very relieved and relaxed Jamie answered.

"I need you to allow me a hall pass."

That wasn't what Jamie was expecting. He knew damn well what a hall pass was, reading enough about cheating wives. It took him a few seconds to get over his shock. He could have yelled or screamed at her. He didn't.

"Why?"

"Because I need to recharge my batteries."

Jamie was trying to get composed.

"Do I get a Hall Pass? What if you like it? What if I like it and do it again? How do you think our marriage will survive, or is that not important to you?" he said with a bit of anger in his tone.

Sharon was not thinking that Jamie would ask for a hall pass. This is not what she and Steve discussed. This was not going as planned.

"No, you don't get one. I only wanted a one-time hall pass. I know that if I allow you to sleep with someone, she will be much younger, with a tighter ass, without droopy breasts, you'll want to do it again and again and my fragile ego couldn't handle that. It will destroy our marriage."

"Oh, and you sleeping with a harder, longer and thicker dick, from a guy who can get it up multiple times in one night won't?"

Sharon did not prepare herself well for this conversation. She was losing.

"Never mind. Sorry I brought it up."

But Jamie didn't let it go and the moment of truth arrived.

"Have you already met my competition, have you already done it with him and are just asking for my permission in hindsight to do it again?"

"No, I didn't do anything yet."

Jamie understood her answer.

"Who is the SOB. Do I know him?"

"No, you don't." Sharon was not very good at lying. She wasn't sure if she should say anything about Steve yet. She was trying to keep it generic, but she wasn't doing a good job.

"I can't believe what I just heard. You fucking slut. You are having an affair and asking for my permission. I have had enough of this. I will never be a cuck for you. I'm getting out of here. Don't wait up for me. Not sure when or if I will be home."

"Jamie, don't go. I didn't do anything. I was asking." Jamie was out the door. Sharon wasn't even sure if he heard her. She just broke down and cried. She had a hunch that she was on her way to a BTB, and in her case, she hadn't slept with anyone.

*****

Sharon didn't leave the living room. Fallon came down, saw her mother crying and asked, "What's wrong, Mom, and did I hear Dad leave?"

"Fallon, we just had a little disagreement and I upset your father. It will be okay."

"Wow! That's not like Dad to walk out without finding a resolution. You must have really pissed him off."

"Apparently I did. I will let him cool off and then I'll apologize. Let me just sit here alone for a few minutes and figure out how to do that."

Fallon left to return to her room. Sharon went to make herself a glass of tea and returned to the living room.

Jamie didn't go to his car. He walked. He didn't know where he was going, he just walked. He was trying to think about what he did wrong. How did his marriage come to this? He replayed the conversation. On the one hand, Sharon claimed that she didn't do anything yet. On the other hand, she was asking for permission. It wasn't like they had a discussion about this. They never even had sex games about imagining a third or fourth partner. He read a lot on the internet and he knew how these things worked out. They were never happy endings. Why didn't she discuss with him? Make it less personal. She could have asked his opinion on other couples.

Jamie had been reading for years about this. At first it actually turned him on a bit, imagining his wife losing all her inhibitions and having the most amazing orgasm. As he read more, he realized that it never worked out well. His favorite stories were about the wives that get thrown out on their ass, or sometimes if there was a compelling reason for the reconciliation. He actually cried when reading a few. His favorite was about a guy whose wife cheated on him, they divorced and the wife married the predator. The husband left town and came back four years later, only to discover the wife never wanted to get divorced or marry the predator.

The worst for him were the willing cucks. He had no respect for those guys. Marriage wasn't about sex, it was about love. There is sex in marriage, but as an expression of love. Marriage is also about trust and respect. At the moment, he felt disrespected and he didn't trust her.