Those Famous Five Words Pt. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Yes, Dr. Millwood."

"It's Rachel" She smiled at him as he left.

*****

The honorable Harrold Reynolds was presiding. Judge Reynolds was very old school, he did not tolerate cheating and he did not tolerate divorce for no cause. He hated breaking up families and he would make one side pay more if that is what he felt. If, however, there was cheating, that was a different story.

Unfortunately for Jamie and Sharon, Tanya and Dan were very far apart on the financial end. While Jamie felt that he was more than generous with his offer, Dan wanted a piece of the business. Jamie was not willing to part with any of it. Jamie was willing to forgo 50% of his 401K, pay $5,000 a month alimony for life or until Sharon has a husband or live-in partner. Jamie would cover all the university tuition. Dan and Sharon countered with 50% of the business, $8,000 a month alimony for life or until Sharon remarried. They did throw in 50% of Sharon's 401K, which Jamie and Tanya did not ask for. Jamie's business was generating a profit of $250,000 pre-tax income. Jamie earned $200,000 a year in salary. The business was worth nearly $4,000,000, and was owned completely by Jamie. Jamie was also willing to leave Sharon on his health plan forever, even if she remarried.

Judge Reynolds opened up.

"I have a report from the family therapist. She has not completed her analysis yet. I see that both of you (Tanya and Dan) have a copy of her report. I must admit that I will lean heavily toward the wife's side here. I do not see any evidence of cheating. The husband wishes to divorce his wife because she lied. If that were the case, my wife would divorce me weekly."

Both lawyers laughed. Jamie and Sharon were stoic.

Dan stood and asked to address the court.

"Your honor, we would be happy to address the perceived lies if the husband would present evidence that we can refute of deny. Can you assist, please?"

"Miss Summers, can you assist please?" The Judged looked over at Tanya.

Tanya gave Jamie a stern look and then said. "Your honor, one of the basic requirements for marriage is complete honesty, my client does not wish for his wife to go on a hunting expedition based on some evidence that he has obtained. There may be more. He was unaware that his wife was publicly kissing a man in front of a restaurant until she finally admitted that to him. He has more evidence, but he doesn't know if he has all the evidence. If he shows his cards, then she will only admit to his evidence and he won't get the honesty and respect that he demands from a marriage."

"I see your point, Ms. Summers, can you share with the court your evidence?"

"Your honor, if we do, then it will be a matter of record and Mr. Simmonds is entitled to it, which means it will get to Mrs. Williams, which is what we are trying to avoid."

"Okay, as an office of the court, Ms. Summers, have you seen the evidence."

"I have, your honor."

Both Sharon and Dan had shocked looks on their faces. Dan mumbled to Sharon, "You have to help us.".

Sharon whispered back, "I don't know what they are talking about."

"One last question, Ms. Summers, in your opinion, is this evidence very damaging to Mrs. Williams?"

"Your honor, that is for the parties to work out. All I can say is that a lot more happened than Mrs. Williams reported, and we have all the report from Dr. Millwood, which both parties, allowed to be entered in to the record."

"Mr. and Mrs. Williams, you understand that Dr. Millwood's report is a matter of public record and can be viewed by anyone, including your children?"

Jamie and Sharon were aware. It was Jamie who stood, "Your honor, it was our understanding that if at any time during or even after the proceedings, both parties wish to expunge the report from the record, it may do, with the Judge's consent.?"

"Yes, but I would have to agree, based on a matter of law and interest to the public."

"Your honor, if we reconcile then there should be no reason to keep this as a matter of record," Sharon added.

"Mrs. Williams, I understand your predicament and your desire. You are correct, but then you must figure out what information your husband wishes you to recall.

The Judge continued looking at both of them. "I am not taking any sides here. While I do respect Ms. Summers as an officer of the court and I appreciate that in her opinion, and this wasn't a legal opinion but a personal opinion, that the evidence is not overwhelming one way or another, and I also appreciate that Ms. Summers is the attorney of Mr. Williams.

"We will reconvene in two months. At that time if there is no progress, I may request a private meeting with Ms. Summers and Mr. Williams to review the evidence."

Dan Simmonds was on his feet. "I strenuously object your honor."

"I hear your objection Mr. Simmonds, but it's a catch-22 for you. If I share the evidence with you, Mr. Williams will never reconcile. If I feel that the evidence is credible, I will give you ample time to prepare a defense."

"Defense, again what?"

"Good point Mr. Simmonds, that will be my headache. Let's hope we come to a happy resolution before our next meeting. Court is adjourned."

All four of the parties seemed pleased with the Judge. Dan tried to discuss the evidence with Tanya but she wasn't sharing. Jamie, who had moved out of the house two months prior, but did have dinner Sunday nights with Fallon and Sharon, was happy to be alone with Sharon.

"How are you?"

"Shitty, Jamie, please stop this. We love each other. Maybe I had a mental block. Maybe I was sleep walking one day and didn't remember doing anything. I love you and you love me."

Jamie had wet eyes.

"Sharon, you better figure it out. I don't know if it will be enough, but once you recall everything, we can start working on our real issues. If you can't, then I guess I wasn't worth it for you."

Sharon just looked at Jamie and Dan pulled her away to go to his car. Jamie turned to Tanya. "So is it Miss or Ms. I heard the Judge use both terms. "

Tanya smiled. She had a beautiful smile, just rarely seen. She was the opposite of Sharon. Sharon was around 5'6", blond (maybe with some help) and large busted; Tanya had jet black hair, was only 5'1" tall, very small busted. Tanya had blue eyes, while Sharon had a brownish hazel color. Tanya also wore very chic glasses.

"I started as Miss Summers, then it was Mrs. Jennison, then it was Ms. Jennison, now it's Ms. Summers, where it will stay professionally, forever."

"Do you have any kids?"

"Yes, a twelve-year-old daughter and a ten-year-old boy."

"How is your relationship with your ex?"

"Shitty to civil to shitty. He's married the bimbo and now my kids have a baby half-bother."

"Do you like their step-mom?"

"Wow, do you have loaded questions. She is harmless, but not the brightest, Nice to them. She doesn't intimidate Peter, so that makes him happy."

"Yes, you look very intimating." Jamie teased.

"Hey, buddy, just be thankful you're on my side, if you weren't, I'd cut you up thinner than sliced cheese," Tanya growled.

That was about as personal as Jamie would get with her. She was interesting and a challenge. He liked smart woman. Sharon was also very smart, maybe too smart for her own good. Jamie was starting to think about the future, life after Sharon. Maybe there was a Tanya in his life, although, he had to be ten years older than she was.

*****

"Sharon, we are running out of time. You're meeting with the Judge in one week. It may be the end. I have met with you on numerous occasions alone and with Jamie a few times alone. I also met with you guys as a couple. We have not resolved anything.

"Jamie and I have discussed in theory what is worse, a one-night stand with complete intercourse with a complete stranger that you may not even know a thing about including his or her name, just someone you picked up at a bar, or an ongoing semi-intimate relationship. Semi-intimate is not completely intimate but definitely not innocent. We both agree that the latter is worse. I can't even get you the two of you to that point because of the 'perceived evidence.' Is there any progress?

"No. I am losing it, Rachel. I am falling apart. I am afraid and I don't know what. I need to speak to Dan. Maybe we are asking too much. Maybe I shouldn't ask for 50% of the business. I bet if I drop that to 25%, the Judge will be more lenient toward me?"

"So that's it, you are giving up?"

"I feel defeated."

"Okay, I'd like to continue to see you if you'd like. The next time, I'd like you to go back to your calendar and write down every time that you met or spoke with Steve. Please indicate whether it was a lunch meeting or a phone call and also please try to write notes about the meeting. Like for instance, the first time you discussed Jamie's fetish or when he kissed you, etc. Can you do that?"

"Yes, it may take some time and we have the court case next week, but I hopefully will get it done in two weeks. Is that okay.

Sharon did call Dan and she changed her request to 25%. Dan called Tanya and Tanya called Jamie. Jamie said they were afraid. He countered with an offer of 10%, which would still be $400,000. He also offered to let Sharon stay in the house for ten years, after which they would sell it, or one side would need to buy it from the other. They would have the right of first refusal.

Both sides made their amendments and then it was back to Judge Reynolds.

"I'm sorry to see that we are still here. I have read the second report from Dr. Millwood and she agrees that although there was no sexual intercourse, there was a three month 'affair' between Mrs. Williams and Mr. Carter. That would indicate cheating. Maybe not traditional cheating.

"I also see that both side have amended their financial terms and that also pleases me. I am glad, Mr. Williams, that you have agreed to part with some percentage of your business. Even though your wife was not a 50% partner, she clearly was your partner, as you built up your company."

Jamie was not pleased when he heard that.

"I'd like to see Ms., Summers and Mr. Williams in my chambers."

"I object, your honor."

"Thank you, Mr. Simmonds, your objection is noted and I am glad that you have dropped the strenuous."

*****

This was the first time that Jamie had been in a Judge's chambers. He was really impressed.

Judge Reynolds was reading the PI report and the transcripts.

"Jamie, may I call you Jamie."

"Yes, your honor."

"Dr. Millwood was very impressed with your integrity and your depth of thought. I am, as well, but if you love your wife, why are you throwing this all away?"

Tanya jumped in "Your Honor."

The Judge just held up his hand.

"Judge, my wife went to another man's home, and at least according to him, they fooled around and had his hands in her most intimate places. She hasn't even admitted to me that she was in his home, never mind what they did there.

"How do I know that she won't go to the next Steve Carter's home, alone at night, to fool around if she can't admit this to me and to herself."

"So maybe she has some mental blockage or issue?"

"Well then, Dr. Millwood should help her with that. Your honor, I have been patient, very patient. We reconciled once until this new information came my way. I have given her months to fess up. It's eight months since she was in his apartment. Enough."

"This must have cost you a bundle."

"It did. But that is irrelevant. I need to have trust and I don't have that."

"What am I supposed to say to Mr. Simmonds?"

Jamie was surprised that the Judge was asking for his advice.

"Tell him that you have seen very reliable evidence that Mrs. Williams was not completely forthcoming with her story."

"And we should believe this Steve Carter's story to Jane?"

"Your Honor, what man out there, trying to pick up a woman and Steve was trying to pick up Jane, would admit to getting a beautiful woman alone in his home at night and he couldn't finish the job. Either don't say anything, or make it up that you went all the way, but half-way? What fool would admit to that?"

"You do have a point. You are both excused. I will be out in a few minutes as I write up my ruling."

Jamie and Tanya went back into the court room. Dan and Sharon were looking their way, but Jamie and Tanya look not return the looks. They just whispered among themselves.

"Tanya, there's something that I'd like to ask you but I will wait until the Judge's ruling."

"Jamie, forget it, I don't date clients. I also think you are moving too fast; you aren't divorced yet."

"First of all, after today, I won't be a client and second, I have gotten to know you really well as a person over these past few months, and even if there will be no romance, I'd like your friendship. Romance can always come later.

"That is kind and I may consider your offer; please understand that they may also appeal. Under what grounds, I'm not sure, but they may appeal."

"I'll tell you the grounds: we didn't share the evidence."

"I taught you well. I have a hunch, Judge Reynolds will solve that, and you may not like what he has to say."

Just then the Judge came in and they all stood.

"Please be seated."

"I hereby terminate the marriage of Sharon and James Williams. The official date for termination will be one month from today."

"No, please, your honor," Sharon cried out and the tears came flooding out. Even Jamie teared up.

"Your Honor" Dan Simmonds yelled. "What about the evidence and my defense."

"Mr. Simmonds, you may appeal this ruling, but I would suggest that you wait until you hear how I see the finances divided.

  1. Alimony will be paid $6,500 a month for life or until Mrs. Williams remarries. If Mrs. Williams maintains an intimate relationship with one new man for over a year and doesn't remarry, that will also terminate the payment of Alimony.
  2. Mr. Williams' 401K will be divided in two.
  3. Mrs. Williams' 401K will be divided in two.
  4. Their investments account will be divided in two.
  5. Mrs. Williams can remain in the house for up to ten years and she may purchase it from Mr. Williams at any time. He may purchase from her after ten years, or prior if she agrees. If after ten years, neither is the outright owner of the home, Mr. Williams can force a sale and the proceeds split in half.
  6. Mrs. Williams will benefit from the health insurance policies from Mr. Williams for life.
  7. Mrs. Williams will attain 40% of the business solely owned by Mr. Williams.

I'd like to add that normally the initial request for 50% by Mrs. Williams, in my opinion, was a fair request, but due to the evidence that was shared with me, and the fact that Mrs. Williams only asked for 25%, I am granting 40%.

Personally, I really feel badly for both of these fine people and wish that it would never have to come to terminating a beautiful family.

Case Closed."

Tanya turned to Jamie, "As predicted, that is why they won't appeal. The Judge just gave them $1,200,000 more than what we offered. The Judge believed your evidence. So will the next Judge, but he may not give them that money. Judge Reynolds is a smart man."

Outside the court house Sharon walked over to Jamie. "I will always love you." She turned and ran. Dillon was waiting for her. Jamie saw his son and waved. Dillon just nodded.

Jamie went home to his empty apartment and he cried. He called Nathan. Nathan suggested that Jamie go to his house.

Erin, Nathan's wife, had a hot cup of coffee waiting for Jamie. "It's okay if we're still friends with Sharon, right?"

"I'd be angry and upset with you if you weren't. It was awkward during the proceedings because Nathan's firm was representing me, but it's over now. That part of my life is over."

"Are you ready to date?"

"Erin," Nathan jumped in. "Give him five minutes."

"No, maybe, not sure." Jamie answered.

"What about Tanya?" Erin: the matchmaker, was trying.

"Erin, leave him be."

"Actually, I already asked her. I like her. Not sure for romance, but we did well together. That was Nathan's matchmaking."

"You see?" Erin said to her husband.

"What did she say?" Nathan asked.

"She said that she doesn't date clients. I pointed out that I am no longer a client. She said they may appeal, but probably won't because, as she correctly predicted, the Judge was giving Sharon more than she asked for."

"Did that upset you?"

"No, It's really her money, too. I am just upset that we couldn't, or she couldn't, resolve this."

"Did you speak to your kids?"

"Dillon came to pick up Sharon. I called Ethan and filled him in. I texted Fallon. She's in class now."

"Thanksgiving is next month. Did you decide what you are going to do.?"

"No, I will do whatever Sharon wants."

They talked for another hour and then Jamie went home to his new empty home. He went to bed, since he had to go to work the next day.

Sharon contacted Rachel and filled her in, confirming her next appointment, which was in another few days.

At the appointment, Sharon gave Rachel her report. Rachel said that it would take some time, and with that she sent Sharon home.

*****

Three weeks later, Jamie and Tanya went on their first date. This was not just friends. He took her to a nice restaurant and then went to a play. They had a nice time, but he was sad. This was his first date in 25 years with someone other than Sharon. As he left Tanya, he told her he had a really nice time and would like to see her again.

"Jamie, I like you, really like you. I am afraid that you are moving too fast and I don't want either of us to get hurt."

"Tanya, it's just a date. How about Friday after Thanksgiving?"

"Okay, thank you."

Jamie kissed her good night. This was the first woman that he kissed, other than Sharon, in a very long time.

Sharon was supposed to see Rachel the Tuesday before Thanksgiving. On Monday night, Rachel called.

"Sharon, I'd like to postpone our appointment until next Tuesday. The good news is; I think I am on to something. Your report was very detailed and I hope very helpful. Happy Holidays."

"Thanks, Rachel, I am looking forward."

All the kids were home for Thanksgiving. Dillon brought his girlfriend, Mara. He had lots to say about work. It was nice to make some money, although not exactly what he wanted. Ethan was a junior, and was planning on going to law school. Dillon was considering continuing on for his MBA, but wanted to stay in the Midwest, not too far from Mara. Fallon was blown away by school. She thanked her brothers for warning her about all the sex and other recreational choices that some people made. Jamie asked her if she was being careful.

"Dad, I don't go to any parties where there are drugs, and Mom taught me how to protect myself in the sex department. It's all under control."

"Okay, TMI for me," Jamie said.

Sharon just smiled and took it all in. She had her family back. As long as Jamie didn't have a girlfriend, there was always a chance. After dinner, Jamie came into the kitchen to help with the dishes. The boys went to watch football and Fallon took Mara up to her room.

"How are you, Jamie?"

"I'm finding my way. How about you?"

"I'm sad. Friends at work are very supportive. Some have tried to set me up. I am not interested. Would you believe Steve Carter called Felecia and asked her to set me up with him? Felecia knew the story, anyway, so I had her blow him off. She said that we are both free and available and he is really gorgeous and he wants me. I told her that all I want is you."

"Sharon, you know that's not going to happen. We had our chance."

"Rachel thinks she may have found something. I'm seeing her on Tuesday night. "

"Well, good luck with that." Sharon was afraid to ask the next question but she did anyway.