Those Famous Five Words Pt. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"How I knew is not important for now. I needed complete honesty from you if there was any chance of saving our marriage. I didn't get it. We are divorced now. You are too late."

"Jamie, we can always remarry. That's just a technicality. We had 23 beautiful years together, and one bad year. We raised wonderful children. I think we both deserve to grow old together."

"Sharon, you had a three-month affair. What did I do wrong that you should cheat on me? How do I know you won't do it again? Why did you have an affair?"

Sharon was starting to get angry.

"Okay, I have heard so much of this. I didn't have a three-month affair."

"Sharon, it's a matter of official court records. Judge Reynolds in his opening statement said... I have the records... Here 'I have read the second report from Dr. Millwood and she agrees that although there was no sexual intercourse, there was a three month 'affair' between Mrs. Williams and Mr. Carter. That would indicate cheating. Maybe not traditional cheating.'

"So based on Rachel's report, the Judge said three-month affair and cheating."

"Rachel, is that how you defined it, that I had a three-month affair?" Sharon asked

"Yes, Sharon, you had a three-month relationship with a man, who was not your husband, who you publicly kissed and privately went to his home and you kissed him and were touched by him, intimately. That is problematic."

"Sharon, why do you think you were entitled to go behind my back and maintain this three-month relationship? What ever happened to forsaking all others?"

"I didn't sleep with him," Sharon barked.

"No, but you wanted to, one more business trip for me and it would have been completed."

"That's not true. I stopped seeing him."

Rachel stepped in. "I think we are hair splitting over semantics. Sharon, you had a three-month inappropriate relationship and Jamie, she didn't sleep with him, is that enough to break up your marriage?"

"Maybe not, but I need to understand why and you said is it enough to break up a marriage, that is no longer a valid point. We are broken up."

Sharon spoke up. "Rachel, you shared with me Jamie's question about what is cheating and what is inappropriate. Correct?"

"Yes."

"I'd like to review that with both of you, if you don't mind."

"Go ahead," Rachel and Jamie said in unison.

"You agreed that a one-night stand with a stranger is cheating."

"Correct." Rachel answered. Sharon continued.

"And a three-month inappropriate relationship is worse."

"Go ahead."

"How about a three-month conspiracy with nothing inappropriate, no kissing or touching is that worse?"

"No."

"Okay, next question. How about a married woman goes to a bar, picks up a stranger and kissed him romantically for one hour and never sees him again, is that cheating?

"It's not appropriate, but probably not cheating. Certainly much less than three months of an inappropriate relationship or one night of sexual intercourse. "Rachel answered.

Sharon started to lose it and by the end she was screaming at them.

"Okay, you two. We have three issues here. I had a three-month conspiracy which is not cheating. I had a man catch me for a second unaware and publicly kiss me, which is not cheating. And I had a one hour make out session with a man, which is not cheating. SO WILL THE TWO OF YOU GET OFF YOUR HIGH HOURSES AND STOP THIS BULLSHIT ABOUT ME CHEATING. I DIDN'T CHEAT. IN THE MEANTIME, MY HUSBAND HAS BEEN OPENLY SLEEPING WITH HIS ATTORNEY, KISSING HER IN FRONT OF ME AND HES THE GOOD GUY. I AM GETTING THE FUCK OUT OF HERE."

Sharon was hysterical as she bolted from the room.

Rachel and Jamie were silent.

Finally, Rachel said something.

"Is that true?"

"Is what true?"

"That you are sleeping with your attorney and flaunting it to Sharon?"

Jamie was embarrassed. "I may have."

"Oh boy," was all Rachel could say.

*****

Christmas dinner was at Sharon's. Jamie wasn't sure how he'd find her. He wasn't even sure if she'd throw him out. The kids were all home. Ethan said that she was worse now than at any time during the divorce process. Dillon asked Jamie if it was okay if he went to Mara's family.

"Mom said it's okay."

"Dillon, I'm sorry. I need you home tomorrow."

"Dad, how about if we start at Mara's and come by at around 5:00. They are eating at 2:00. We'll join you for dessert."

"That's works.

When Jamie came into the house, he got a very cold reception from Sharon.

"Dad, what happened; she's been like this the last four days," Fallon asked.

"We met at the therapist again and Mom got very upset."

"You're still going to the therapist? Since when do couples or ex-couple see a marriage counselor after the divorce?" Ethan added.

"There were some new things Mom wanted us to review, so I reluctantly went. It was a bad idea."

Dinner atmosphere was very cold and quiet. Sharon didn't say a word. Jamie was talking to the kids. At exactly 5:00, Dillon and Mara came in and sat around the table. They, too, noticed Sharon's demeanor. The boys cleared the table and Fallon went to get dessert.

"Sharon, can I say something to you?"

"You aren't here, as far as I'm concerned. The kids brought their father along. Not my husband or ex-husband. I'm surprised you didn't bring your tramp."

"Sha.." Jamie stopped himself. It wasn't worth it. Fallon brought out the pumpkin pie and stated to slice it up.

Jamie spoke

"Guys, I need you all to be available tomorrow at 11:00 AM."

"What's up dad?" Dillon asked.

"I need you all to come to this address at that time. You too Mara."

"What is it, Dad. Whose home is that? Ethan asked.

"It's the home of Judge Harrold Reynolds. He'll be presiding over a wedding between me and Mom, if she'll take me back?"

Silence. All the kids stared at Sharon, who was lost in space. Not paying attention. Finally, Fallon said "Mom, did you hear what dad said?"

"No, but what's the difference."

"Mrs. Williams?"

"Yes Mara."

"I think you husband just proposed to you."

Sharon heard the words but they didn't register.

"Jamie, what did she say?"

"It's what I said while you were lost in space. I asked the kids to meet us at Judge Reynolds home tomorrow at 11:00 where we can redo our vows."

"Jamie, this isn't a joke?"

"Sharon, I have never loved anyone like you. You are my everything. I am getting off my high horse and walking to you with another engagement ring. Yes, I bought a new one. This one is bigger than the old one." Jamie walked over to Sharon, got down on one knee and asked "Sharon Harris Williams, will you be my wife again?" Sharon just jumped out of her chair and tackled Jamie. Kissed him so hard. She didn't stop kissing him.

"I don't think you need an answer."

Four sets of eyes were watching from above, all crying hysterically.