All Comments on 'Three Sides to Every Story'

by Hooked1957

Sort by:
  • 120 Comments
rdcyclistrdcyclistabout 3 years ago

Good stuff, Hooked. Nicely balanced.

Boyd PercyBoyd Percyabout 3 years ago

Loved the twist at the end!

5

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
SO

basically roger was a WIMP and joey got away with little of nothing but a slight ??? limp!!! LOL ANOTHER WIMP STORY LOL!!! oh 1 star OK?

laptopwriterlaptopwriterabout 3 years ago

Great story. 5 from me.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Hooked1957

I was pleased to see that you had a story today and even more pleased after I read it. I like a story where you come out understanding why the characters did what they had done (for better or worse).

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
I enjoyed it

as usual of stories of Hooked1957, I truly enjoyed it. But the story's ending somehow left me hanging...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
DAMN! Love the mother-in-law!

That was pretty funny. Overall a no nonsense story about the fallout from bad decisions. Traci got more than she deserved. Well played.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
The grand-mother did it

Well she found someone to do it for her

Nice twist

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Are you ducking stupid?

Who’s got time or hate to hold onto grudges for years and decades. Fuck me sideways, that requires an investment of time that no one has.

I hate stories about how the cheat upon husband gets the girl, the gold watch and everything and the adulterous wife gets fucked over as though the universe gives a shit about karma.

Newsflash, no one fucking cares if you or your wife cheated and got a divorce. And you got served at work? Oh, how embarrassing. I got served at work, big fucking deal. You think people don’t get divorced? You think this is the 1940’s and divorce is taboo?

No one gives a shit and if you’re going to be miserable at Christmas then don’t bother going.

Goddamn fucking cocksucking, ass licking, Democrat voting, tree hugging pansy assed pieces of shit authors.

God damn you all to hell if you can’t bother to write something that makes a scrotum lick of sense.

rnebularrnebularabout 3 years ago
Jumped around too much

I like the concept but it was an effort to follow along. There was very little dialog, which might have made the characters feel a little more whole. I've read a lot worse but this felt rushed. Thanks for sharing.

26thNC26thNCabout 3 years ago
My first

My first story in this, in fact all, special events is the Hooked1957 story. This was a great story about a special woman. Marie was a fine mother in law who turned out to be a great friend to Roger in setting him up with Bunny. Traci, of course, was just a cheating bitch. Author didn’t say if Marie kicked Joey’s ass, or had it done. Either way, it needed doing.

BaggyUKBaggyUKabout 3 years ago
Not your usual

Quality tbh, I'm normally a fan of your work. Glaring error of being introduced to Bunny as Traci's cousin in page 1 and by page 2 he didn't find that out until later didn't help. Not a bad tale but nothing like your usual work. Thank you

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Hmm! Liked the story premise and the switching between the characters stories but it had no depth. Each characters story really to short and needed more detail to get your teeth into the story and the perspective of each character.

PowersworderPowersworderabout 3 years ago

Great story! It was interesting to see how their lives panned out after the affair.

I think this kind of scenario is very common. An attractive mid-30's wife gets flattered by attention and seduced into an affair. By the time the affair fog has lifted, she realises she threw away a good man for an asshole.

Then, as the ex-husband and ex-wife get older, the tables turn at 40+. He can date younger women and she has to settle for older guys. The wife loses her fertility, but the husband's able to start a new family with a younger second wife.

I'm actually surprised that Traci didn't end up as a bitter old cat lady.

BleeckeBleeckeabout 3 years ago
Well written

Good story enjoyed reading it

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Yes

Good story, great ending.

1959richard21959richard2about 3 years ago
4*s

Pretty good story. Quick simple and entertaining plot.

Your basic unthinking LW wife.

Marie and George are very spry couple at Roger and Bunny's anniversary party. A very healthy couple in their mid-eighty's.... Her advice didn't make sense...

Thanks for the story Hooked1957

DazzyDDazzyDabout 3 years ago

Bad choices. Good story 5

DFWBeastDFWBeastabout 3 years ago

Good story! Always love a HEA ending for the cheated on spouse! The fact that Marie was the one behind the mugging? Classic! Very, VERY well done!

Killian

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightabout 3 years ago
Always nice to see a happy ending!

Nice story where fidelity actually pays off in the long run. Nice job!

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 3 years ago

How did the waitress recognize the name? Did Traci use HER card to pay instead of Joey paying?

/

He says that everyone tried their best to make him feel loved, except his father, but then said that his father gave him his best version of fatherly love, and it was just as effective.

/

"Then all of a sudden Traci just stopped talking about him, like he didn't exist." - Yep, when they suddenly stop talking about someone, that's a tell.

/

I love how the cheaters tell the victim not to be "crude!"

/

He served her in February and they weren't divorced until October?

/

"She told Roger the truth when she said she hadn't meant for the affair to happen." - That is total bullshit! An affair can't happen without you meaning it.

/

Why do they back off sex with their husbands? It often raises suspicions, even if it didn't in this case.

/

If it was that easy to get over her husband, maybe she never really loved him.

/

Joey was exclusive with Traci for two years? What about the chick he took home that first Christmas?

/

I didn't care for the jumping back and forth in time.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Life after cheating and divorce

Good story and enjoyable read. Thanks for the offering. Despite its destructiveness, cheating is not going out of style and neither is divorce. There is life after cheating and divorce.

Not surprised that Traci and Jody's relationship didn't last after Roger divorced Traci. Read some statistics awhile back regarding relationships that started out as affairs. Only 5 to 7% affair relationships actually end in marriage to each other. Of those affair relationships that turned into marriage 75% ended in another divorce.

Most affair relationships are escapism from real life and when faced with real life situations they don't hold up to reality.

Shit happens. Don't dwell on the past. Just keep moving forward, let the past go and embrace your future and all its possibilities.

GamblnluckGamblnluckabout 3 years ago

You missed keeping your Bunny character consistent. When Marie first first asked Roger to show her around town, she said she was a cousin and bridesmaid at his wedding. Later you said he did not realize she was a relation until he fell in love.

Bonehead mistake caused by switching around with the story or writing in segments.

Still gave you a 5 for it.

Legio_Patria_NostraLegio_Patria_Nostraabout 3 years ago

A well-written, interesting cautionary tale! Too many sacrifice the long-term good for the short-term fun. Thanks for all your hard work. It certainly shows!

stev2244stev2244about 3 years ago

The name thing at the beginning was a pretty unique way of finding out about the affair. Nice twist at the end and well written in between. 5*

whateverittakeswhateverittakesabout 3 years ago

Good story. I especially liked the way the bad guys in this ended up settling.

amyyumamyyumabout 3 years ago
Cute

Never saw a mother-in-law getting the revenge before! 5*

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
I happy he found a devoted wife

But Rodger just let the bitch go without any repercussions. You got to be kidding as you said the mother in law had Joey beaten to a pulp . Traci was the reason for the hook up and the ending of her marriage. A real loser that women.wanting no kids and cheating on the guy who loved her. The motherinlaw

MaximusTheMadMaximusTheMadabout 3 years ago

I guess I've read too many of these. It was average. Nothing new, even for you. You phoned this in. Typical sociopath wife that somehow the husband was clueless about for years. Boring.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Really!?!??

Didn’t get any consideration after 11 years???.....

Of course not you stupid cunt! It wasn’t a mistake. It was a 6 month betrayal with no end in site. Man, you really are a stupid cunt.....to bad the STD wasn’t aids. Then you could have reaped what you sewed.

Dumbass got off easy, eunuch time for loverboy

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Best one of the several “End of tne Affair” tales that dropped today that I’ve read so far.

Realistic. Measured. Consistent plot logic.

Roger thrived. Traci barely survived.

And really loved Granny delivering the king hit on playboy Joey!

4 very solid ****!

njlaurennjlaurenabout 3 years ago
A decent story

There was some stuff where the author retells the same thing several times that was a bit confusing. Kind of liked the twist at the end, though why she waited so long is a.mystery, plus we don't know when Marie found out Stacy was cheating.

One mistake,Staci is 37 but it says her parents were married 33 years. Obviously it is possible they married when she was 4,but not likely.

secretsalsecretsalabout 3 years ago

Nice story. A little by-the-numbers, but the flow was smooth, and it's always feelgood when happy endings and consequences are doled out to the deserved recipients.

FireFox59FireFox59about 3 years ago

Got to love Marie!! I was just waiting on Joey to get his.

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcabout 3 years ago

Interesting overall story plot but it seemed like you posted more one of your drafts than a fully edited story. Maybe it was the bouncing around between 3rd party narrative and first person, I just couldn't get fully into your characters like I usually do. 4* for this one...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

I had a mother-in-law similar to Marie. Till the day she died, I was still her son-in-law though her daughter and I had been divorced for over 10 years. Thank you for a very good story - be nice if it saved at least one marriage. 5 stars

somewhere east of Omaha

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

That twist at the end made it five stars.

WargamerWargamerabout 3 years ago

I like Marie, she had more balls than all of them put together

It was a good story, a little bit all over the place, but still an excellent tale

Scores 4/5

SwordWielderSwordWielderabout 3 years ago

When you mess with a family, expect someone will be happy to deliver payback - even a sweet gray haired grandmother.

SomeOneTwoThreeSomeOneTwoThreeabout 3 years ago

Good and not so good.

There were many good parts in this story.

The discovery, dealing with the slut

and the family story.

But I could do without the cheater's POV.

I'm not interested in the thoughts

of a horny slut.

Or a bully or a thief.

How they are dealt with interests me.

4 out of 5 from me.

mattenwmattenwabout 3 years ago

What a great woman "Marie Hewson"! She deserves this good story! Who doesn't want such a great mother-in-law!

MattblackUKMattblackUKabout 3 years ago

That was a good, 5* read.

And it was Marie who did the deed on Joey? Good for her!

enjayemenjayemabout 3 years ago

Neat little tweak at the end

Huedogg2Huedogg2about 3 years ago

grandma layeth the smack down on joey's candy ass

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

There's Always More To The Story; Or Martian Slut Ray

So Traci had never met any other handsome hunks in her 11 years of marriage before Joey came along? She obviously decided she was going to cooperate in her own seduction weeks or months before the actual fucking began. What kind of woman does that, after 11 years of marriage?

So Roger got what he married, a stupid selfish arrogant whore, or Traci got hit with Martian Slut Ray. If it seems kind of contrived its because cheating self-absorbed asses like Traci tend to have other commensurate personality traits that make them obnoxious distasteful and repugnant to any man who is paying attention. I suspect Roger is paying more attention now.

And Traci's lack of character and morals appears to be consistent with her ongoing regret not that she failed to keep her marriage vows, but that she got caught and also that Joey didn't work out as Roger's replacement. If Joey had been a decent committed mate Traci would have happily lived her life with Joey without a second thought or moment of regret about her betrayal of Roger. So Traci appears to have become a piece of dog shit for a wife, and has stayed a piece of self pitying dog shit.

Joey did Roger a favor, helping him identify and get rid of the trash in his life.

Thanks for the effort.

enderlocke77enderlocke77about 3 years ago

a female named bunny in the military ouch but then again going through school with that name probably helped. nice little story a bit disjointed though, the 25th anny should have been at the end with a little more detail of it

WhoGivesAShitWhoGivesAShitabout 3 years ago

Joey deserved a clubbing, but Marie shouldn’t have made it happen. Her daughter was equally responsible.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Shoulda killed the SOB

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Never date servicewomen.

As a guy from the military I can tell you honestly that all of them cheat and most have had multiply gangbangs.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

"Joey couldn't believe that Roger would in effect just throw his wife away without putting up a fight. Joey just couldn't figure if Roger was stupid or gutless, but discussing it with Traci got him no closer to an answer."

One wonders reading this if it's just an idiosyncratic view write into the character or if it also reflects the views of the author. In either case, this bit of writing is ridiculous.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Ha! Made me laugh. I almost got whiplash with the time shifts but I loved how the story avoids the hotter, younger sister cliche by making her a cousin!

Vulcan_in_OhioVulcan_in_Ohioalmost 3 years ago

Somehow this story didn’t do it for me. The discovery was fairly original. BTW, syphilis causes a chancre sore on the genitalia (it’s painless even though it’s called a “sore”), not burning with urination. Ghonorrhea and Clamydia cause painful urination.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I quite liked the story but it could have been better. The story was too condensed and should have been longer. The time frames between events also seemed out or extreme. 5 years and Roger never found anyone else to be his partner and then to run into Marie his ex-mother-in-law who sets him up with a niece.

Ocker53Ocker53almost 3 years ago

A very good story, I liked it⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Good story, everyone seemed to get what they deserved! Thank you.

somewhere east of Omaha

etchiboyetchiboyalmost 3 years ago
On the whole a fairly average story, with two pluses.

The discovery of the cheating via difficult name is one. And, BTW, SHE is picking up the meal tab? Cheap ass mother fucker.

And having the MIL contract out the beating of Joey was brilliant.

4-stars

betrayedbylovebetrayedbylovealmost 3 years ago

Excellent!!!

Way to go Grandma. Are you sure she isn't Italian? Great tale. Cheaters lose. Fuck them all.

Five Stars

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Why do cheating wives think that their husbands should fight to get them back after these wives are found to be cheating sluts by their husbands? Talk about being conceded. Who wants to be married to an old whore?

QuintiusQuintiusalmost 3 years ago
Four stars...

... for the last paragraph. Go Marie!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Good well written story but lacks depth. Really needed more detail on the characters especially the emotional affect on them and the cheating. I liked the jumps between the characters stories but not explored enough.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Story was saved the mother in law.

GriscomGriscomover 2 years ago

I'm no ethnographer, but I have trouble imagining "Xixuachrat" to be a Polish name. Xixuachratski, maybe, with a lot of suspension of disbelief. But by itself, no. Wikipedia--take it with a grain of salt, I know--even says, "The letters q, v, and x are not used in any native Polish words, and are mostly found in foreign words (such as place names) and commercial names." Picky? Sure. But for me, this detail, which is the clue that reveals the affair and is, therefore important, is like a clanging off-key note that ruins the song.

Wolf_Man_1962Wolf_Man_1962over 2 years ago

Not my first time reading this...still makes me smile that Marie made sure Joey paid the price😜. Hooked seems to be confused about STDs. It's gonorrhea not syphilis that causes burning. But it's fiction so🤷🏼‍♂️. Traci was a selfish bitch that deserved way more misery than she got but it's the Author's choice, I guess hre real punishment was to forever be without Roger🤔. Well done Sir, 5*

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

MORE Cuck Shit from a “cheating WHORE wife Apologist” wannabe writer!!!

Grant_GlapsvidhrsonGrant_Glapsvidhrsonover 2 years ago

What the hell is up with the Anon who is stalking this author? This is no cuck story. Does he even read what he's sniping at?

Oh, 5 stars!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Well done. Pretty good writing. He sure wasn't a cuckold. And you gotta love Marie!

NVDiceGuyNVDiceGuyover 2 years ago

Mamma got fame! Loved the Marie character

WillowghbyWillowghbyover 2 years ago
Recovered!

The Hooker improved a weak story with Marie's thrashing of the dickhead. Her character is a beacon of light in a crew of otherwise weak players.

Mostly, this reads like an encyclopedia article; very dry. Frankly, if the punctuation and grammar had not been so pure, I would have lost my patience before finishing this tale. Kudos to Hooker.

Keep 'em comin'.

26thNC26thNCover 2 years ago

Again. Hooked can really put a story together. I love to read about the perfidy of each new Traci, and really enjoy her downfall. I like to think that Roger got a few licks in when Joey got his ass kicked.

SDN1955SDN1955about 2 years ago

Great, GREAT twist at the end.

sdc97230sdc97230about 2 years ago
World's best MIL

Every married man needs a Marie.

SorchakSorchakabout 2 years ago

How does Idiot-stick, I mean Roger, NOT know Bunny is Traci's cousin, when Marie says to him "Do you remember Traci's cousin, Bunny, the youngest of her bridesmaids at the wedding, who went into the air force soon after the wedding?"

Btrying2Btrying2about 2 years ago

Having the various POVs was nice. Knowing what is being thought helps and makes a story flow and have context. I liked it.

To be so egotistical to think the affair will remain secret and that the cheated on spouse will some how overlook it and move on together is just unbelievable. And to worry that the spouse isn’t fighting for them after they disrespect them and essentially throw them away is so messed up. Where were your fight for the marriage and me efforts as you screwed someone else behind their back.

The manner of discovery is unique and good.

Thanks for sharing your creativity. The MIL matter of factness and honesty is refreshing. Love that she instigates a clandestine payback of the paramour. Good move and nice writing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago
Do you ever

Even read your own stories before hitting "Send"?

"You set me up, Mom", "I only met her the one time before, and I didn't know she was family. It was a real good plan, Mom." "but it wasn't until a couple of months in that Roger found out he had been dating Traci's younger cousin". Literally just a few paragraphs before you wrote; "Do you remember Traci's cousin, Bunny, the youngest of her bridesmaids at the wedding, who went into the air force soon after the wedding?"

That's why they invented proof reading.

mfbridgesmfbridgesabout 2 years ago

I gotta say this is the first story I liked one of the supporting characters best. Way to go Marie.

AngelRiderAngelRideralmost 2 years ago

Put Marie in a tight pair of jeans that show off her cute ass and slender legs that look spectacular straddled over her sportster and you've got me baby.

And I'm not lying. A few of the writers here know my story.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 2 years ago

"it wasn't until a couple of months in that Roger found out he had been dating Traci's younger cousin." - That's not true! Here's what Marie said before he met her for lunch: "it wasn't until a couple of months in that Roger found out he had been dating Traci's younger cousin."

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Nice twist at the end.

And ignore the pedants.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Again... build up, and dump and ending ny not flesjing it out

It's not always so. It seems like some days you just want to close a story out and rush on to another, or have a migraine, a fishing trip, a poor co-writer. Dunno. Surely tiresome to bother to read and enjoy when you KNOW there's a 50% chance of the ending being somehow unfinished.

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbimanalmost 2 years ago

good BUT, we want to know how Marie "mugged" and beat up Joey?

MasterJerryGMasterJerryGover 1 year ago

Wow had to laugh when I read Larceny bourbon I was in the middle of a sip. Yep Larceny bourbon small batch 92. I liked the twist at the end, don't mess with mamma bear!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I liked this one.

I like real.

He didn't get a baseball bat and go to Traci's work and bash her, or Joey or their autos.

He didn't work out some complicated scheme to get the ultimate revenge.

He just got evidence. Served her with divorce papers and kicked her to the curb. Done.

He moved on with life.

His ex MIL loved him enough to set him up with her niece. And often times finding someone else after a divorce is like that.

A friend or family member sees the match...and sets it up. And it worked!

And then the cheater often ends up not exactly happy. Not exactly destroyed. Just somewhere satisfactory as they move on to other relationships. Realizing he or she gave up something great over really bad choices. They live with regret.

That's how it goes for most in real life.

Discovery of an affair. Betrayal. Sadness. Regret. Then life goes on. Good people usually rebound. And bad people...well...I do believe in karma.

This story it just happened to be a bit sweeter because the woman who ended up actually being his life partner happened to be a cousin to his cheating ex. And they had 2 kids together...that the ex never would give him.

I bet she dreaded any kind of family reunions...

oldtwitoldtwitover 1 year ago

Well it was only a 4 star until that twisted ending, very good the way you just dropped it in.

You write a lot of very similar stories and I feel Traci has done this to you for real, I feel your pain.

WargamerWargamerover 1 year ago

One of Hookeys best stories.

Second time around, still an excellent 5/5.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Another classic Hook that I read when it came out, before I became QuickMagazine, the un-registered commenter. This having come up on the random spin this morning, took it out for another drive and gave it 5 fives. "Love it" is faint praise, but that's the max allowed. Found it interesting that the "three sides" were all presented in third person. Usually a multiple-perspective story like this would be in first-person for all three. But it worked here, and I think Hooked chose third-person so that he could drop in that fourth perspective, Marie's, at the end. Since Marie's had to be in third-person, having the other three in third is consistent. That said, there were a couple of small continuity glitches. One is that "Traci's meager attempts to explain the marriage's undoing" and "Roger told his in-laws that the decision to divorce was Traci's, and he would discuss it no further" both seem at odds with her parents not inviting Joey to Christmas and telling Traci that he was not welcome. Which sure seems to suggest they knew that Joey was the reason for the split. The other (as sbrooks103x, among others, noted) is that although Marie tells Roger that Bunny is Traci's cousin when asking him to meet with and advise her, later in the story Roger tells Marie "I didn't know she was family." These minor hiccups, however, didn't get in the way of pure five-star enjoyment of this delightful tale. At least so far as QuickMagazine here is concerned. Dirtyoldbiman raises an interesting question about how exactly Joey got mugged and beaten up by Marie. I suspect she subcontracted the job. And finally, her last name (Hewson) made me think of Bono (Paul Hewson). Yet another reason to love this.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

"Do you remember Traci's cousin, Bunny"..."Roger found out he had been dating Traci's younger cousin... only met her the one time before, and I didn't know she was family." Oh well, I guess the two paragraphs in between were too much to keep the plot straight

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

This story was submitted as part of a LW special event for selected authors. Although it is a good tale, the impact of the event's submission deadline is evident in the plot's inconsistencies and improbabilities. The draft version would have benefitted from a bit more spit and polish before it was published.

Hiram325Hiram325over 1 year ago

Nice. Good work, Marie. I take satisfaction in seeing a venomous serpent decapitated.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

This author was one of my favourites but the more I read the more irritating I'm starting to find him. For starters, if I see one more story in which the lead female's name is Traci I swear I'm going to hurl my laptop over the balcony and what's with describing the lead male's surname as Polish? It doesn't look even vaguely Polish. Would it have been so difficult for the author to give his character a real Polish name or even make something up and put a 'ski' at the end of it?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Score went up after the ending.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Pretty good, but a little bit too big of a time skip there in the middle.

MiL being both warm and vindictive was a nice touch.

AA82ndAAAA82ndAAabout 1 year ago

Good story. I have often thought if I was cheated on I would be calm and matter of fact on the outside like Roger. I also loved the ending and only would have added 2 crushed nut to Joey's plight...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Good story.

SteelPaperTSteelPaperT11 months ago

Very well thought-out plot, and I especially liked the ex mother-in-law getting the revenge set up, but overall it was written way too detached.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Ok the payback part of thus was good, but the story skipped all over timewise.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous