All Comments on 'Three Square Meals Ch. 113'

by Tefler

Sort by:
  • 93 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Awesome Chapter

Thanks again Tefler another exciting and thrilling chapter, 5* 's like usual

OmniferisOmniferisover 5 years ago
5 *'s

Nice cliffhanger ending. Good chapter to the series.

hermit1157hermit1157over 5 years ago
Faye

To those of you who moaned about the Faye(Pinochio(sp?)) issue in the last ch. and the conversation (Dana, Irillith and Rachel) in this one; remember they haven't found M's creation lab yet! The necessary science and technology are quite possibly there. Have faith.

ncpetencpeteover 5 years ago
Always a Pleasure

It makes my day to see your name pop up in the list of new stories. I enjoyed the update to your story and look forward to see where you take it next. Thanks for sharing your imagination and hard work with us.

noahbodinoahbodiover 5 years ago
Did John take a shower by himself?

"She was still dazed after experiencing hours of climaxes, so he gave her a parting kiss before heading into the bathroom. "

"Through her orgasmic haze, she was vaguely aware of John returning from a shower and kissing them goodbye. "

(page 7)

unctadskunctadskover 5 years ago
splendid

Another beautiful chapter with multiple cliffhangers. Please carry on maintaining the pace.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Nicely Done!

Never disappointing. Always intriguing.

Wonder if Fat Tony becomes an ally? Kelli and Perl would make a good start to the "Lioness Auxiliary"!!!

realusmctazmanrealusmctazmanover 5 years ago

Thanks again Tefler for another Great chapter! I can't wait to read it again, to see what I missed.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago

I think progenitor tech may solve Faye's desire. I think the key lies with the Nymphs. I John and crew discover how the nymphs were made then maybe they "download" Faye's personality into the crystal "heart" of a nymph's body.

PaxITPaxITover 5 years ago
Another fantastic chapter...

I just have to say that you're getting better and better...

And since I instigated your creation of Faye way back, I have to say I am amazed how you have grown her from being a small side character initially to now being one of the main characters. And judging from other comments - there are many besides me who truly love the character you've created in Faye. Truly amazing.

I have given you five *'s for a long time now, but I seriously have to petition Literotica to add a sixth one - you truly make me regret giving five *'s to other stories here in the past, as yours is so much better...

You raised the bar, and from now I seriously doubt that any other writers will receive more than three stars from me here on Lit...

Well done Tefler!

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
There is a lot to dislike in this chapter and a few of the preceeding ones

I am a bit angry. I honestly the kirrix are being mistreated by a sanctimonious bastard descendant of a species of genocidal douches. Like where do Alyssa and John get off? The Kirrix treated mankind and other non psychics like cattle. Which makes sense. They needed to survive. Yet here we have haloed Alyssa and sainted John acting as if they were simply just running around the galaxy destroying for the sake of it like... Yes Alyssa, you're a monster.

And to be honest, this feels a bit like Tefler is just milking this cash cow with filler and nonsense additional plotlines rather than heading towards an end. Like, wtaf with this nonsense about bring Alyssa folks back or the twins? Or Admiral Birmingham's traitor son and Brimorians? As Dana put it, every single time we seem to moving along some new villian pops up. It getting annoying. At a time when you would expect things to be more fast paced and us moving closer to an end we keep getting random filler and stupid decisions. To be honest I have always found John to be whiny and often misguided in his priorities.

The plot twist at the end was good though. I suppose it the Kirrix Broodqueens that escaped Alyssa versus the ones that didn't escape Alyssa. Anyway, wait till the next filler chapter and stupid decision. (PS- Before you rant at me for complaining about free stuff 2 things- 1. I am allowed to have an opinion and me getting angry is good because it shows Tefler has written something that made me care. Thats good writing! 2. I am a donor on patreon. I simply choose to read the chapters here when their fjnished. The patreon is simply a way of support) -WhiteWhaleHunter

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Typos

Her face shadowed with despair and she collapsed into his arms, tears filling her eyes. I know...

She nodded, her grey glinting with anticipation. "Faye, could you start the holo-presentation please?"

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Always with the cliff hanger ending.

Another great chapter with lots of possible directions to take. Disappointed Faye and now talking robots....do they turn against John and the girls when they can't make her human. A new traitor selling out to the Deep Lords and now the Hive eating it's own! Stay tuned to next month boys and girls when the robots turn and someone new is on her knees. ;-)

Great work, enjoyed it.

Cheers

gentle_patientguygentle_patientguyover 5 years ago
... Every chapter, almost every page, ...

... I find myself thinking: *Tefler is AMAZING* ...

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Thoughts

I wonder if the traitor is the old earth fleet commanders’ son? And what role is Fat Tony and the girls going to have? And what is the story thread with that engaged couple, where the girl is the old earth fleet commanders daughter? And what’s going on with the story thread of those dudes bringing the old mining base in the wasteland back online? And will John get the nymph from the brimorian? This whole story feels so far from done!! John needs to get his progenitor guide sorted, face the other progenitor... but he’s still sorting out (and getting experience and the time to improve tech) local issues that just keep piling up. And I feel bad because I’m not warming to Helene and I don’t know why.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Mech to Flesh might be hard...

...but the inverse isn't. Since John can manipulate biology, all he has to do is let the body have the same sort of psychic connection with electronics as Irillith has, and the body can connect to the AI consciousness, and obey its commands...no need to do anything technical/mechanical at all except accept and exploit the biologically-initiated connection.

ZZchromosomeZZchromosomeover 5 years ago

Exciting as always... a Kirrix civil war now, looking forward to the explanation for that.

YazvanYazvanover 5 years ago
Vulkat archives?

I was under the impression that the Vulkat grew all of their components. The group's magnetic boot didn't stick to it and Sakura couldn't see them with her Mag view. If their computers already have an organic base they might be able to build a new body out of that and John would be able to connect her with the rest of the group.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Whitewhale

1. Yes you have an opinion. Everyone does. That doesn't exempt you from the contempt of others who disagree or are disgusted with you. If you can't handle the heat don't start the fire.

2. In the end you root for your team. Are you team terran or team kirrix?

Cause honestly an arguement could be made that eliminating the kirrix is necessary for the terran, maliri and tankers species to survive.

Mother nature favors the survivers. She doesn't care about the weak the old or the infirm. They are always the first to go.

Without a supreme being calling the shots there is no good or evil

Only whats good or bad for you. So getting mad because of injustice to the kirrix is laughable.

You remember the idiots earlier who claimed that kirrix weren't dangerous just misunderstood? It's in an earlier chapter........ Just sayin.....

3. A serial killer could be called a monster. If you actually believe in Evil.

Is Allyssa a monster for defending her kind and eliminating their murderers and rapists? Is she a monster for enjoying that "people who do bad things get what's coming to them?" Good hates Evil and Evil hates Good. Pick a side.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Wow, just... wow

For a long time I have been thinking about Alyssa’s ability to see who’s good and who is bad. What would she make of someone who is an antihero, say like John Wick? Well it looks like Mr Tefler is saying that Alyssa has to account for not just the actions and intention behind the actions, but she has to now factor in the possibility that the person, in this case Tony, has made a change of heart. I think it’s good to see that Alyssa is now having to realize that not everyone is black or white, but live in shades of gray. How would she stand up to her own probe? She certainly has done some things to survive that can be seen as bad. Then I remember, she’s still just a kid. With all the arrogance, certainty that she is right, and everything else that goes into being 18 years old. For all her, and for that matter the rest of the girls, they are young and haven’t really matured yet.

I also realized lately just how horrible it must be to be a progenitor. Essentially immortal, the longer they live, the more they lose interest in life and those around them. They probably see fighting as the only way to experience that joy of living after a point. It seems that the only time it’s worth living is when you might die soon. By the time they hit that stage of life, they are so disconnected from their thralls that they only see them as sexual distractions or fodder for war. Sad when you think about it. Is that because of their conditioning/gene programming? Just the nature of immortality? Something else?

The cliff hanger for this chapter was a bit surprising. The kirrix fighting each other. Is that because Alyssa was only able to trap half of the hive queens for her show down? Perhaps the others, not getting the psychic smakdown, simply don’t believe the others that they are going to be wiped out if they cross Alyssa. Maybe during the whole thing, John’s killing the one hive queen and Alyssa psychically beating some of the others up, there has been a dramatic change to the hive mind. They may not be in unity anymore and now fight among themselves for domination or escape or something else. This may be the first civil war for them since becoming a hive mind. What would make this happen?

What’s to happen with Tony, Perl, and Kelli? Now that they have survived the invasion and been healed, they can’t be just left on a mining asteroid that has now power, communications, or resources. John is going to have to take them with him for the foreseeable future even though he is headed to Kirrix space for a new confrontation. So, are they to become a part of the crew? Dropped off someplace out of the way? (Which effectively ends their story line.) Or is their destiny tied into something farther away, like John finding his mother?

Other than that, I would only like to request a bondage scene with the twins again. That’s hot!

MarconMarconover 5 years ago
Well

All i can say is well done Sir.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
There is something to be said about....

Tefler extending this cash cow , though. We are nowhere close to the end, with brimorians and enshunu as the next possible enemies. Drakkar can still make a comeback at any time. The kirrix are not defeated , and there's still scope with the kintark, with tamolith as the queen. And we haven't even gotten close to exploring the progenitor and his fleet. There's still the yellow skinned thrall species to explore. Start wrapping up before the story gets tedious.

And enough lionesses. Jesus. I don't even care about the four new nymphs that have been added. Don't turn John into a little man-slut that just fucks everything with a vagina. Secret lionesses that fuck other men is dangerously close to cuck territory.

And I'm gonna guess that Caldwell is the traitor , isn't he ? Plotlines are getting predictable at this point too.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
What are you criticizing about?

Tefler I will happily read this story (and reread) until the cows come home. I dont give a flying FK what anyone says, this is entertaining and tricks so many boxes. It is a fucking star of a story. So many arcs so many twists and turns. Nothing feels stale.

Good sir, omease keep writting. And if you do decide to end it, please do it justice and make it and epic chapter. I seriously love TSM and once it is done I cant wait to see what you do with the other stories.

TeflerTeflerover 5 years agoAuthor

Complaints about me "milking the cash cow" couldn't be further from the truth. I've been planning the sequel for over a year and I'm eager to get started on that, but I'm not going to just abruptly end this story until I've wrapped up the existing story arcs.

Writing a long-running story with dozens of interwoven subplots takes a huge amount of effort for each chapter. Writing a new story from a relatively blank slate would allow me an enormous amount of creative freedom which would be very liberating. I still enjoy writing TSM, but I'm also itching to start something new.

Tefler

brireaderbrireaderover 5 years ago
TSM is amazing but...

I recall from years ago a RPG gaming session where we played MechWarrior. We started with building our mechs and then a 12 on 12 mech battle with 6 people playing 2 mechs each. After 10 hours many mechs were damaged and only one destroyed and we realized in those 10 hours we only experienced 22 seconds of real-time action. This story is kind of like that with so much happening, but we really are not getting an idea of what the ending could be like, and it takes multiple chapters (and real life months) to cover a few days of story life. At this rate the story could easily go on for years. And I will be here waiting for every chapter.

TempestBainTempestBainover 5 years ago
Loved it

If Faye doesn’t become a filthy organic soon I’m gonna cry, loved this chapter as with the rest keep up the good work look forward to more

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Counting the days until the next chapter

please do not close this story without tying up all the loose ends and bring it to a proper conclusion.

I was reading JazCullen's stories and she stopped, leaving the story hanging with no end. Please do not do that.

bob9bob9over 5 years ago

I take it that at this point we're not going to see a payoff on Seb surviving the firefight in Chapter 10? It's not important at all compared to everything else going on, but it would have been nice to see a more satisfying resolution to that plot thread than him getting killed by the Kirrix offscreen.

mikecflmikecflover 5 years ago
No complaint here

I hope it takes all of 2019 to finish this part of TSM's. I also hope that we get 2 chapters a month so it takes 24 chapters to finish. There are so many threads to wrap up that I feel 24 chapters will come close but realize that some threads can carry into the sequel. I love this series, I can't state that enough and hope the sequel takes another 4 years to complete when he starts it. Honestly I'm not sure 24 chapters will be enough but we shall see, I know Tefler has said he plans to finish in 2019 ( this part ). So as I said Tefler, no complaint here just keep on writing more TSM's. And Thank you very much for a great story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Maliri Tech.

Some People are just stupid and making a comment like that about your milking the Cash Cow, just goes to show you how stupid some people are! we have not had to pay a dine on this site do to your generous gift to us all we can enjoy this Wonderous Story. wish it was made an HBO mini series. Please continue to complete each section of the story to its fullest at your pace!

I wait to read your story each month and hope I can continue to for several years, because this is the high lite of the month for me, and I know that Hundreds if not more fellow readers feel the same way. this story I hope is just getting off the ground !

You have a great Gift with Words! don't ever break your hand, this story is way better then Star Wars!!

Thanks for your work

Wiserman4u

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Good Job, ignore the complainants

This is my first ever comment on this site. Please Tefler, you are doing a great job, by posting your work here, you do us a huge favor and we respect you for doing it. Ignore the people whiNing about things. They are the freeloaders who don't respect the person who is helping. We love your story and will keep reading your writing, this story and whatever you write in the future. Thanks again !!

wolverine006wolverine006over 5 years ago
WhiteWhaleHunter

First off. I am not going to "rant" about your comment. However, that being said, it doesn't mean that I agree to not talk about it. And while the substance of the comment is erratic, the overall tone is definitely impatience! Furthermore, it seems to have sucked all the air out of this comment thread.

Secondly, I do believe you when you say you are angry. After all, it is the first sentence of your comment: "I am a bit angry." Why would anyone take the time to write a lengthy comment if they weren't? As for the rest of the comment however, I don't think you are being totally honest with yourself.

IMHO, I think you need to step back and reevaluate why you are angry. Is it because you are impatient and you want Tefler to FF to an epic conclusion or is it because the story is progressing in a direction not in line with how you envisioned? You've pointed to both:

"I honestly (sic) the kirrix are being mistreated by a sanctimonious bastard descendant of a species of genocidal douches. Like where do Alyssa and John get off?"

and

"to be honest, this feels a bit like Tefler is just milking this cash cow with filler and nonsense additional plotlines rather than heading towards an end."

How does any of that justify or connect with anger?

Whatever the reason is, I am of the opinion (and I am sure others here will agree with me) that you are too emotionally invested in a work of fiction. Reading something fictional shouldn't make you angry.

You know what makes me angry? Not getting paid after doing my job while some douche-bag in Washington DC sits on their fat ass using me as a political bargaining chip and meanwhile another douche-bag sits by in complicit silence not doing their job instead of holding a vote on a bill that will get me paid so I can take care of what is important to me. You see how I drew the visceral connection: Expectation --> expectation not met --> Frustration --> more expectations not met --> ANGER!

Lastly, I believe you should either 1) rewrite your comment to fully explain your frustration. What was it that you expected? Do you not like your heros or heroines to have weaknesses? Or 2) you should drop off patreon for awhile and stop reading this if you find it so frustrating.

~wolverine006

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Fat Tony

Im wondering if Fat Tony knows anything about how Dana ended up on Karron.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
@WhiteWhaleHunter

Dude the Kirrix slaughter children simply out of convenience. They could easily grow food or raise some type of farm animals to feed their grubs. They could leave survivors when they attack a planet or colony. But they don't. They wipe out EVERYONE. They don't consider non-kirrix, or non-psychics worth the effort.

John and Alyssa aren't going around destroying shit, they're protecting their people from an invading menace. One that doesn't care about the suffering they cause as long as they get some warm bodies. Alyssa made a deal with them. "No more targeting sentient species. Return our people and leave our territory, and we'll leave you alone. We might even try to help with that Shroud business." They broke that deal by taking all the colonists and fleeing. And now they must have the consequences.

wolverine006wolverine006over 5 years ago
And Now Back to Our Regularly Scheduled Comments

Fat Tony, Perl, and Kelly probably have quite a bit of insight into the Karron Girls.

Also, Alyssa with Irrilith's help should be able to "play" the Kirrix invasion memories from all of the Karron survivors for the rest of the crew. Dana may even get a splitting headache from a rush of information when they reach the point with that buried relic in the tunnel.

Can't wait for the interrogation and the AAR.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
infinite cum

So if Rachel can regenerate limbs and John can do... the same? I forget. He can at least heal massive injuries that require the re-creation of missing flesh. I'd say that's precedent enough for him (or Rachel) to use psychic powers to supercharge his balls with a nigh-endless amount of cum.

Imagine it. All of the lionesses and nymphs stuffed to the gills with cum in every hole. Hell, he could fill up a hot-tub built for the girls. I'm sure Dana could whip up something to keep the cum at ball-temperature.

It would be glorious.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Dana

Hi ! I believe that in tartarus we had part of the story of dana ( she was the product of a long history of genetic manipulation) so her real parents(i suppose from the base ovicite and sperm) are dead for quite some time, isn't it ? So only her mother/incubator could be uncovered.

maddictmaddictover 5 years ago
"A space in time"

I call bullshit

Six months ago Alyssa stowed on to johns ship, did I miss somthing just now. Youve bounced around more space than captain kirk . Johns got the balls to clear any billiard table.

You mentioned the Vulcats crystals, still think they are worth anything. (infinity war absorbe them) I'm not convinced fey is alright, if she's talking to maintenance bots. Let's call one rosie. There's a lot of girlfriend's on that ship

I'm going to post this anyway. '*~*'

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Great plot!

It looks like a Kirrix civil war. I also wonder who the traitor is. I have three suspects with that guy on Earth being my favorite pick to eliminate the competition for Buckingham's daughter. Either way, great story! I'm hooked and check for updates everyday.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Bravo!

I could not stop reading your TSM series and hope to see more chapters soon. You do such a great job of character development that I love your characters and wish I'd meet more real-life people that could match up to them. Please keep up your tremendous work!

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Locked and Loaded

Ready for war, then the enemy starts shooting .... each other. What. The. Hell. Good writing. I enjoyed this chapter.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Rereading

Been rereading the series and came to a sudden realization. John's children won't be immortal. They'll die, and he will have to watch thousands of them die. Unless he makes them progenitors, in which case he will have to either alter the basic progenitor instincts, or kill any that succumb to the dark side.

I suspect that in order for him to alter the basic progenitor instincts, he will have to defeat the astral plane beings. I also strongly suspect that since progenitors are parasitical, that their relationship with the astral beings is more symbiotic. With their coexistence being key is some way to their current ways of living. So what kind of shock waves might erupt from the extinction of the astral beasts?

Since the size of Maliri space isn't given, nor the total amount of stars that Mael'nerak controlled, that begs another question. How large are progenitor territories, on average? And how many are alive at any one moment? I suspect that the Astral beings sent What's-his-face-Rag-Ran-Something to kill Mael'nerak. So what happens if they send four or five progenitors to kill John?

This series is an amazing read, and I just want to point that in all likelihood, the undocumented post-series life of the Invictus' crew (assuming Tefler isn't building all this up just to kill them all) could very well be one filled with pain and heartbreak for John and company.

alxyalxyover 5 years ago
Dear Alyssa

Thank goodness you're beginning to see that being the omnipotent and omniscient judger of souls isn't quite as straightforwardly black and white (or in your case red and white) as it might first seem. Trying to judging between good and evil has been a difficult problem for thousands of years - ever since humans (and probably other sentient species) became aware of the difference. You're actually following the same evolution of thought that most major religions have taken: starting with a simplistic idea that "sinners" get what they deserve based on what they've done, but then moving on to less clear-cut realisation that it's not just deeds (although they must remain important) but also intentions. If you like, it's not just where you are on the scale from good to bad, but which direction you're trying to move along it.

I think you began to realise this with Admirals Maybridge and Zelig, but I'm sure Fat Tony will give you lots more to think about. You might also want to do some research in the old Terran religion of Christianity: look up the concepts "repentance", "redemption", "grace" and "mercy" for starters. I'm sure other religions will have similar ideas. If you can learn Astronavigation and Galactic Finance in just a few days, I'm sure it won't take long for you to get a good understanding of this.

Also ask Edraele for help - in a way, she's been through it, on the receiving end!

Being able to Judge Rightly is a difficult and weighty responsibility, normally reserved for deities - well, maybe that's where you're headed. I'm looking forward to finding out how you get on in the coming chapters!

AL

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
@ maddict

Fay has been slowly building the maintenance bots AI levels. while no where near as complex as she is they seem to have achieved basic awareness. They are worried about there friends wellbeing. At this rate she may end up creating a new robot race that is immune to the thrall state just like she is.

BigDog167BigDog167over 5 years ago
Waiting for 114

For those of you looking for something to read while waiting on chapter 114, check out the Warrior One series by Zep Carter. No sex but some good space battle action. It helped keep me mostly sane while waiting.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Re: Dear Alyssa

I agree with you Alxy. For a while now, Alyssa has been getting more and more brutal, and less and less concerned with people not of her little clique. Her reactions to other people doing bad thing has become more and more brutal. She has been acting as if evil is evil, and the only thing to do is to punish it to the extreme and then some. She seems incapable of understanding that there is different grades of evil, and therefore there must be difference in punishment also. Maybe she now like you said will start to understand that not all is completely black or white. and some people that are very evil, actually turns a new leaf and tries to better themselves. It would be a crime to just kill such people, instead of giving them a chance to better themselves. Yes They must pay for their crime. But death outside actual battle should not ever be considered as a punishment. Thank you Alxy, for having some of the same worries i have had for the direction Alyssa has been going in. Hopefully, now she will start to see that people are much more complex than just good or bad. Hopefully we will see no more coldblooded vengeance kills, or torturing from her.

BluDraygnBluDraygnover 5 years ago
Faye

In all of the sci-fi I have read/watched I have never... ever... felt as heartbroken for an A.I. as I did at the end of the last chapter. Testament to some amazing writing there. I appreciate the emotional drawback from that situation for awhile, I won't sit here and speculate if she gets her wish or not but its nice to know she isn't tearing herself up over the situation.

On an unrelated note but somewhat relevant to some of the other comments. I did find myself skimming through 1/4 to 1/3 of this chapter, and doing the same with previous ones as well, just to get back to the meat of the story. I feel at times that there is a little too much exposition, Rachel and Dana's personalities are fairly established, the talk between them in bed seemed unnecessary. Or perhaps, poorly timed exposition, as I felt was the case was with Helene earlier in the chapter, they are nowhere near Bimorian space and are still dealing with the Kirrix, her epiphany about the changes to Abandoned familial concepts felt a bit out of place and could possibly have happened when the Bimorian threat/aspect was more of a primary concern in the story.

I wonder if what other commentators are complaining about is partly because you have done such a good job describing the Lioness's personalities that reiteration of those traits comes across as 'filler' because we are just being told something that was already anticipated/expected from that character. Only finding real value in things like the backstory of Rill's singing in the kitchen because that behavior, though minor, has been previously unexplored.

Anyways, while awaiting your chapter 114 I need to get to work on my own 14 (seems kinda sad when I put it that way, lol) with a little luck I'll soon be able to go from follower to supporter on your Patreon.

Thanks for all your hard work!

Blu

FroggieDudeFroggieDudeover 5 years ago
Re: Bigdog's recomendation

There's also the Subjugation series by Fel, which does have quite a fair bit of sex in it, just nothing anywhere near as detailed and graphic as to land it on literotica. Just google "subjugation by fel" and it's the 1st result. I've been reading through it for the last week, and though it could stand to have an editor go over it to clean up some typos and other mistakes, it's pretty damned good. It starts with earth occupied by a race of telepaths that have a female dominated society, one where the women do the romantic chasing, nudity is not a taboo, and sex outside of your marriage is quite normal and socially acceptable....

big65dawguwbig65dawguwover 5 years ago
John's children

Just a thought about John's children . We think now they wouldn't be immortal if he doesn't make them Progenitors & as any parent it's heart wrenching to see your child die , but will they ? As we have learned it seems the Astral beings are drawing a species of physically powerful beings (male only) & offering them the power & training to be what we know as Progenitors , with all the bad habits , but what about the original beings? We don't know yet just who they are & what their powers/personalities are like . John's children might just turn out to revert to their original selves , maybe John can alter his part of their DNA to be without any of changes in the DNA done by the Astral beings . Only time & Tefler will tell.

realusmctazmanrealusmctazmanover 5 years ago
e-book 4

Dragon March coming soon! Thanks Tefler for your great work.

hpinghpingover 5 years ago
eBook 4

This long awaited eBook is now available on the Patreon-site, however not yet on Amazon.

I hope that it will be there soon, just as chapter 114 for this site and SOL.

WhiteWhaleHunterWhiteWhaleHunterover 5 years ago
Critique of Alyssa etc

As someone pointed out Alyssa is turning out to be vengeful without mercy or compassion. My issue with the handling of the kirrix is a simple one. They have clearly stated that they tried to breed their offspring using other means- animals and other species but it seems to only work with higher species like humans, trankarans etc. They have delibarately chosen not to attack psychic species because for them those are higher level beings like themselves - they psychic nature confers upon a sentince they recognise. Consider this- do you eat meat? If so, why aren't you in an uproar regarding that? Are cattle not also sentient? Would you eat a cow if it could speak in the language of man, or communicate in a way that we clear recognised? Probably not right? To the kirrix we are the equivalent of cattle. The nature of their physiology and the shroud make it that can only higher level species and not actual cattle. They would rather have used their ancient breeding animals but that option is no longer available. So Alyssa's failure to recognise that is problematic. Her and John's refusal to find a solution beyond putting them in a quarantine that ensures their eventual demise is no different from them just going and destroying their planets. If anything its even worse because she is condemning to a slow and agonising demise. Her lack of compassion and fury is very old school progenitor like.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Faye's Fate?

OK, first comment ever. Just finished re-reading the entire series, and finished 112 as 113 came out (karma?). Anyway, the exchange between Faye and her "boys" made me realize that we may be about to see Faye become John's 4th "Matriarch", dedicated to the AI realm. Of course that also means that John has to up his spiritwalking game to maintain a regular presence in the cyber realm...

-Just A Guy

gauntlet211gauntlet211over 5 years ago
Critique of alyssa

I agree that she is being far too harsh for the powerful beings that she and john are.

And i think john is as well, but he outright admits he thinks hes being to harsh and cant bring himself calm it down. Just my 2 cents.

big65dawguwbig65dawguwover 5 years ago
Alyssa

I think the comments about Alyssa might be a little harsh . The people she has come down on ,the Pirates , bad humans like Webber , Kintark High Command , Kirrix have shown no mercy to their victims & deserve none in return . As powerful as she is , remember she's only 18 & feels & reacts with the passion as such . We all know how passionate & seemingly unforgiving the young can be . She has the support system in the more mature members of her family to help her , John , Jade & Edraele . As to the Kirrix chopping up children to feed their grubs & humans eating meat , when I see a cow piloting a spaceship , hell even driving a car , then I'll reconsider passing up that juicy steak .

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
I agree with

I agree with big65 , Alissa's actions are completely in keeping with a gal her age and totally justifiable given the villans she has faced to date , she's still growing both in power and maturity .

unctadskunctadskover 5 years ago
it's time

Have 114 been submitted for moderation

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Not bitching

Just wondering if something happened that necessitates a delay in releasing the next chapter. I have a bit of an internal alarm when it comes to this particular story. I usually hit it right on the head, but I'm off this time. Is it up on patreon?

mikecflmikecflover 5 years ago
for anyone

Tefler has posted that he has some dental problems as well as his wife breaking her ankle I believe, this has caused serious issues for him and his family and posting chapters is last on the list when real life hits you up side the head ( my words not his ). Hope this helps.

TeflerTeflerover 5 years agoAuthor
Re: anon

Last month was a bit of a mare, so I was running behind schedule. I'll post chapter 114 tomorrow. :-)

Tefler

gauntlet211gauntlet211over 5 years ago
Tefler

You keep doing you! Your doing great, life sucks but you help make my days a lil brighter so i understand when real life smacks you and you gotta slow down if not take a good long break because real life is a mean bitch. You keep doing you tef, hope things are doing better mate!

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
I had no idea

I hope everyone is ok brother, and don't feel pressured I was just curious.

Thanks for sharing this wonderful story with us :)

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Eagerly

Three square meals rock👌👍. Eagerly waiting for ch 114 and following

realusmctazmanrealusmctazmanover 5 years ago
Thanks Tef

Glad everyone is doing better.

hpinghpingover 5 years ago
114

Tefler has said on the Discord site that he had submitted 114 this day. He hopes it will be available in about two days... That means at maybe Sunday or Monday if the moderation time is 2 days.

I am starting the countdown for myself!

hillcountrycowboyhillcountrycowboyover 5 years ago
Who are the Lahlenori?

Unless I missed something, no one has speculated about who are the Lahlenori?

Athgiloi calls a Shanryl of the Lahlenori, who is a female wearing an opaque helmet (sounds familiar) who has taken refuge in the Brimorian Enclave (which we know abuts Maliri space). Who is she? Who are they? What mission is he sending them on?

My wild guess is they're part of the Maliri black marketeers who fled the crackdown on cybernetic parts.

BigDog167BigDog167over 5 years ago
Awating approval,

so any day now. Thanks Tefler.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Maliri Weddings and thanks for the story.

It has been stressed frequently in past chapters that it has been many generations since there WERE any weddings among the Maliri. Interactions between men and women are basically "We fit each others requirements, let's bang until we are sure there will be a kid and then never see each other again."

Given that info, it is HIGHLY suspect that they really have traditional wedding food meant to be made carefully with love...

On a completely different note: Great work on this series. The last week has pretty much been dedicated to catching up with it. I have read others saying you should publish it, and with a few minor edits (see the start of this comment for an example) I would agree though it might take a LOT of volumes given how many pages this thing already has. I would have to disagree with the idea of removing the pornographic sections the way a few commenters have suggested as they are too heavily intertwined with the rest of the story, a LOT of changes would have to be made for it to remain a cohesive narrative without them.

Honestly, while they need to be there given the set up for the story, I have been mostly skimming the porn sections of the story since around chapter 15-20 as many of them have been VERY similar, sometimes even using the same descriptions in the earlier parts, but the actually story has been fantastic reading.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
@Anonymous

I thought the twins said it's not really from a traditional Maliri wedding but something they came up with watching Terran weddings?

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Alyssa

Alyssa is a selfish bitch. How can she allow bringing danger to the group, to John, for now other reason than some fake talk with her parents. Because logically, when John needs material otherwise he can not make contact with someone in the afterlife, there is no real contact but just John making up something and than let that made up thing say some things that sounds sweet and lovely.

And for the record, this is the second time she couldn’t control herself. She needs counseling. I never really liked her but my dislike for her is starting to grow. She is a Protector now, but all she does is thinking about herself. About her pain, about her pleasure, about het anger, about her reactions, about her parents.

Xabrian39Xabrian39over 3 years ago
Dude.

Alyssa is only 18 years old. It doesn't matter that she is a protector now. She has only been this version for less than a year. I can easily see the problems she has still being a significant aspect of her life.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
food

streetwise girls would never let the gangers even suspect they had food coming into the base. it just does not ring true

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

I also have grown tired of Alyssa. She's a bully who thinks of nothing but sex. And more sex. And then some more. Have you ever been around someone like that? It's practically impossible to have an intelligent conversation when they're around. It becomes extremely annoying a lot quicker than you'd think.

Sounds silly, right? Gorgeous woman who wants sex all the time? Your version of Heaven? Trust me, it's very irritating to finally realize that nothing is more important to her than her next orgasm. It reminds me of that meme:

"Look at her. She's gorgeous. So sexy. Yet somewhere, somebody is sick of her shit."

It's why Megan Fox was booted out of the Transformer movies. The whole crew; director, producers, all the stage hands.... everybody.... was sick of her shit.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Re: Alyssa

It's not a "fake talk with her parents." You don't appear to have been paying attention when John did this for Rachel: The communication is based upon the psychic imprints left behind by the actual people. Yeah, it's a bunch of crap in our world, but in this fictional world it means more than John being a fake preacher (all preachers are fake, by the way) telling lies to people in order to fool them for money or followers or whatever.

And Alyssa has actual history with Fat Tony, and knows about many crimes he has committed. Not only to her but to others. He glowed red, remember? That's the "bad guy" color. Again, bullshit in our world, but in this fictional world that means he is a murderer or worse, and Alyssa gave just one example of a murder he committed. The readers have seen from the Fat Tony pov story sections that he intends to be a better person going forward, but Fat Tony himself would be the first to admit that he has a past that is worthy of punishment. We may feel sympathy for him, the former whores may feel sympathy for him, but if he were standing trial for his crimes in a court that couldn't read his mind the punishment (in the US, where life is cheap) would probably be death, or at least a life sentence in a prison where death is a daily risk.

The Alyssa character has a lot of flaws, but in this case she is justified in both her desire to seek closure with her dead parents and her reaction to Fat Tony.

FVLL3NFVLL3Nover 3 years ago
Addressing the "Flaws" of Alyssa

A lot of y'a llseem to be under the impression that it's incredibly easy to forget traumas and adjust to a radically different world view in less than a year. Alyssa is 18 yrs old for God's sake, is she just supposed to forget every trauma she ever had and be the perfect Matriarch? No, as John said they are still human despite the power they now wield. They are trying to learn to deal with everyone fairly. Plus she isn't a bully she said it wouldn't be fair to kill him just because the suffering he caused her, but he has killed quite a few ppl and probably has been involved in some rape.

Despite me saying all this I'll be the first to say Alyssa has been my least favorite character most of the story (until recently)because similar to John she doesn't let anyone help her and just kind of snaps which I don't think is fair when she is preaching the sermon to John to rely on other, but he bears it more stoically. I get she is young though and flaws are inevitable. Additionally, it is important to think in a broader sense regarding this story. Tefler makes very human and relatable characters(in the sense of their emotions not their perseverance). Most ppl in their position would've likely needed up corrupted at this point due to the sheer power they have with practically no guiding force behind it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Oh boy

No, no, no. no

There is something horribly, totally, messed up, just plain WRONG! with a sad Faye. Yes like a few commenters i got upset by Faye's wish in the last chapter (I think it was dirt or something left by the cleaning bots). I knew this chapter was coming (Not my first read through) and it still got to me again. (We need to really work on these cleaning bots) I think Dana said it best.

"Yeah, you just need to talk to us next time!" Dana insisted, nuzzling into Faye's purple hair. "Seeing you get so upset sucked ass."

Also about Alyssa. a monster? hell no. There is a problem with perception. Oh since tony helped this time he must be good now? Tony chose to commit bad acts during his life. He even admits to kelli or pearl that he is not a good guy. So why does people want to downgrade Alyssa. Does doing something good make up for what has been done?

How about an example.

A man (or woman) rapes you. afterward a few years he/she saves a group of children from a burning bus. Does that change your feelings about her? Is he/she now forgiven because they did something good?

Just my Opinion,

Raven

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Knowledge and wisdom are not tied to age but to the person and the circumstances. We live a protected life that gives the children plenty of time to grow as people, but Alyssa grew up in circumstances where she had to grow up very quickly. All that whining about her being 18 is nonsense, during the Middle Ages an 18 year old women would already have children. I think revenge is often a typical example of abuse of power because you want somebody to feel how it is to be the victim of abuse. Which means that you are no better than you’re assailant. Alyssa has to unlearn this very quickly now that she has all those powers because power corrupts, so it can only go downwards when she walks that road.

I also find it strange that it is so important to her that her parents approve of her life. The approval is something she probably never got by her parents, especially her dad who became a sad figure after his wife died. The need for approval will be projected onto other elements in her environment. And indeed someone who is streetwise will make sure that others don't find out that she has food or money, except when she seeks approval, she would share her food or money it with someone higher up the social ladder than she is, like Tony.

The need that all girls have for a bond with their parents seems to be something that John caused because he needs it. So it's something he understands that gives John the chance to play the knight in shining armor. I have guided enough people who have no or a bad relationship with their parents and who did not feel the need for contact or improvement of that contact.

Michael56SmithMichael56Smithover 2 years ago

Is there enough mineral wealth remaining in Karron to make it worthwhile to reopen it? Will the T-Fed Government (Lynnette), and the Lion Foundation Charities (Alyssa) make it a better, more humane place, if it does reopen? Maybe in 5 to 10 years, Fat Tony and his family might move back to Karron to be the new Sherriff.... maybe? ;-) TTFN

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Excluding the lesbo action that is just not my gig, I liked the way Tefler had Dana describing her place in the world on page 5. I also still like Tony and girls. These are regular folks just trying to survive, and Tony is being alpha without being a dick. It's made clear that Tony was bad in the past. It's true that most people don't really reform and change their course, but some people do. I'm hoping that Tony continues down the straight and narrow. He won't last long on the Invictus if he doesn't!

tomtrek72tomtrek72almost 2 years ago

GREAT story, Should be made in to an ANIME series, it would be GREAT!

JasmijnJasmijnover 1 year ago

There is something wrong with Alyssa. She condemns others but at the same time she behaves exactly like the people she condemns. For example her anger against the bugs. She is angry that the bugs are killing children to feed their kids but at the same time she doesn't mind killing their children in large numbers.

In addition, we can now say with certainty that John and Alyssa are both lying when they say that the safety of the girls is top priority. John knows that every time they go to the astral plane, the chance that the castle, and therefore Athena will be found, increases. And I can't imagine an attack on Athena without immediate consequences for Alyssa. Too bad John makes all those girls so childish. When you grow up as Alyssa you have to grow up quickly and because of John she has lost that edge.

TwistedDaveAuthorTwistedDaveAuthorover 1 year ago

Jasmijn-she has been staring into the abyss so long that she is starting to lose herself. This has happened to soldiers who have had very little down time, throughout the centuries. Fighting "evil" for so long that you don't see it when you end up the same, despite your good intentions. Tefler does an excellent job telling this tale

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Worlds are being overrun and people are dying, but let's stop to play with the behemoths in the astral plane, possibly endangering our existence, instead of helping the raped humans...

Again, we see the sudden fucked up alteration of character personalities the "author" can't manage.

It is simple narcissism

Piss poor as far as "blowjobs in space" develops.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Underlying emotional challenges that haunt warriors /soldiers are skillfully interwoven into the story. Well done

Fan of the 🦁

Ravey19Ravey19about 1 year ago

Great instalment. Hoped Tony and girls would be rescued but what now for them? Who has set the 2 Kirrik fleets against each other, surely cannot be Irillith?

Michael56SmithMichael56Smithabout 1 year ago

By the Great Protector! This was a good chapter, ... ;-) TTFN

laughdruidlaughdruidabout 1 year ago

John is full of shit, always putting the girls in danger while telling them that their well being is all he cares about.

ranec1ranec110 months ago
Mean As!!

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

"It was just a foolish fantasy... I didn't want to disturb any of you, not when you have so many other important things going on already."

John has already proven he can grant abilities outside the accepted rules of his species i.e giving Dana the gift of altering the molecular structure of metal, the creation of gravity wells where they have no right to be, Rachel and her God like powers to heal 1 person or 50 people in minutes, he's also unlocked more knowledge from his alter ego so he's stronger than when he healed Sakura so in my scifi world John would just have to concentrate on changing Faye from mechanical to biological feed her 3 times drain every bit of juice from all his girls and wa la all done.

Michael56SmithMichael56Smith10 months ago

-- now that Fat Tony with Kelli and Perl are all saved, am going to miss the story, sub-plot, ... anyway, that was a fine chapter, ... lots revealed, ... the gang got Tachyon rifles with runic penetrator ammo (bad ass weapons), and Dana got to turn the lights back on in Karron, that had to have been an old dream of hers, ....

-- I have been picturing Karron as a Ceres or Pluto sized dwarf planet, ... maybe just a bit larger and denser too, with all that mineral wealth, ... and that might be why Tef never mentions it having noticeably lighter gravity, the denser little world is pretty heavy, so its gravity is nearer to 1G (one Earth gravity), .... maybe, ... ;-) ttfn

Michael56SmithMichael56Smith8 months ago

Tony is damned lucky that he was a "good guy" and saved those girls, who later saved him, from a vengeful Alyssa, .... An arm regrown, an ankle mended, and a very nasty blast wound, as well as an old STD cured, .... Rachel's was a busy girl, ... And I love how helpful Faye always is, she makes their small crew able to do the work of hundreds, .... now, can they retrieve the rest of the Karron population? '-) ttfn

onecuriousreaderonecuriousreader7 months ago

this is a good story, but the romance is waay to mushy for my taste, sometimes I wonder, does john really have 4 balls? or are 2 of them low-key ovaries? I mean no one has done an autopsy on a progenitor before haha.. just here for the fucking and fighting now.

Michael56SmithMichael56Smithabout 2 months ago

Faye is a good girl, and is a wonderfully helpful AI for the ship, along with the 'Bots, she really runs the Invictus for John and the Girls, ... I hope that sometime soon, they can find a way / a method to give Faye her dream of being one of John's girls (for real), .... but if Pinocchio becomes real, then who'll do all the things Faye does for the ship and crew, ... I am sure she could do some of the stuff, but her digital self was literally EVERYWHERE on the ship, watching, managing, helping out, .... I think she runs the ship flawlessly and she is John's singing Alarm clock too, ... the lovely little powerhouse is an AI dream come true (thank you Mael'nerak, .... ;-) ttfn

ShaggyDogStoryShaggyDogStory26 days ago

The snacks, shags and snoozes continue. It's surprising that, so far into the story, the pacing remains so wonky.

Colonists remain in peril but let's stop for overlong, clunky, soapy dialogue, repeating the same shallow conversations over and over. The main characters continue to flatter each other, then we finally get an interesting cliffhanger, pages later than we should have.

I still mourn for Tashana's crew, they were actually interesting. The main crew is a borefest.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userTefler@Tefler
Please see my Patreon page for the current progress on Three Square Meals. (I usually announce it here in the comments on the last chapter too!) https://www.patreon.com/user?u=3814558 I've added empire maps, as well as pics of the ships, guns, gear, and girls! *** ...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES