All Comments on 'Three Square Meals Ch. 119'

by Tefler

Sort by:
  • 52 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
tsm

si/fidave I CAN ONLY SAY THANK YOU THANK YOU

SirCarlSirCarlabout 5 years ago
5 Stars all the way!

Extremely well done!

litreader9696litreader9696about 5 years ago
What? No cliffhanger? Are you feeling okay, Tefler?

A little bit of a backslide into slice of life chapters, but the conspiracy is new. I wonder which side Lynette's disgruntled security chief will end up on, especially when Dana's presents, her shield and sidearm, make their combat debut. Also, will the attack disrupt her nanite holographic mask enough to reveal her true form? Won't that cause some fuss...

I realize it's unrealistic for none of the good guys to die, but that's what redshirt guards are for. I don't remember whether they mentioned going after Calara's father and brothers in the fleet, but widowing her would be a crap way for Maria to join the harem, and give john a second mother/daughter tag team conquest.

Call me greedy, but I don't want any of them to die, not even the nurse Calara's brother is dating. Rachel's dad doesn't even have any secret lionesses around him, so hopefully his security is better than turncoat soldiers.

If it ends up a close call, or if the girls and John's worries for those on Olympus are strong enough, once Alyssa senses the attacks through Lynette and Jehanna, I can totally see her projecting herself through Lynette, and going on a rampage.

Those cowardly conspirators have another thing coming if they think they are safe because they didn't use digital comms to set this up. Between Irillith and Alyssa, no one is going to escape if they so much as upset anyone they care about.

Now I'm wondering which will happen first, the attacks or arriving on Arcadia. Simultaneously is just lazy writing.

Lastly, my favorite subjects, tech upgrades. The power augmenter sounds cool, and so does the warp gate, even with its ominous implications, but who is Larn'kelnar planning to get to build it? Could he manipulate the Enshunu to do it? They are aware of Progenitors, and hate them, religiously.

With the plan to go to Arcadia, then to Genthalas, I don't see them visiting Trankaran space and the forges anytime soon, which unfortunately delays the possibility of beginning construction on the Invictus Rex anytime soon. Unless Dana has a Progenitor epiphany, and figures out a way to MacGyver a white version of the black metal when at Genthalas...one can hope.

too much happening, not enough time to comment on it all.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
summary

can I ask for a 3 line summary at the end of each chapter pls, would quite like to know what is happening

hpinghpingabout 5 years ago
Wow, just wow

Another 10 pages of a fine story.

I like the way Faye is growing up. She definitely is becoming a full partner of the crew and knows she is a vital element in the well-being of the crew and the Invictus.

The fun is that John and the crew have no inclination that he is influencing Faye, not in a biological manner, but on a programmatic manner. I think that the reaction of the Terran Federation will be a big surprise when they realize that Artificial Intelligence do not have to get out of control, due to the fact that some basic programming is not optimal. Wrong assumptions will have their consequences...

I wonder what the reaction of the traitors will be when they try to invade Olympus Shipyard to capture Deveraux. Alissa will know as soon as they start to move around and try to breach the security. They will be surprised with the wrath of John and his crew. Even the Maliri will have some fun with them... I hope.

I hope that Larn'kelnar will not be surprised that the Invictus is more like a Progenitor ship than the hull proclaims. In the second Worldwar Germany had pocket battleships, which carried the firepower of a battleship, but had the size of a smaller vessel in the fleet. I know that underestimating a ship is a common error in naval warfare and he thinks that he knows everything...

To conclude a quick reading of the story: a fine continuation and well worth the wait. Now starting to wait for the release of 122 on Patreon and the release of 121 here.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Thoughts

So we get a glimpse of the one who's trying to undermine John and his changes to TFed admirals. We know for sure it's a She. My money is it's that obnoxious witch of a Rear Admiral that was Buckinghams 'chief of staff' Carmela. She's been off scene for a while. (Though in story time it's been like 2 weeks)

As for Larn'Kelnar, well now we see his plans: why build a fleet when you can get John to do it for you and just take it from him after you kill him? He doesn't realize that there won't BE a thrall fleet. It's already built, just by several different empires and constantly upgraded.

The white hair is interesting. Each time Alanthia (sp?) has changed, be it personality or physical, it's been after a psychic battle John had within the astral plane. So perhaps there's far more of a connection between the way progenitors function, act and influence those around them and the interactions that occur with the astral proving ground. John's been occupying a serious amount of attention and power from the astral plane evil, especially once they had to remake their proving ground. Perhaps their influence is starting to crack on their faithful progenitor. But if that were true, then how did Mael break away?

Just idle thoughts.

lunchbox90lunchbox90about 5 years ago
Another great chapter

Also Irillith & Tashana are fans of Big Lebowski.......I absolutely approve.

TeflerTeflerabout 5 years agoAuthor
Re: summary

"can I ask for a 3 line summary at the end of each chapter pls, would quite like to know what is happening"

Wouldn't you find that out by... reading the chapter? :-)

Tefler

MasterPDMasterPDabout 5 years ago
Summary

I believe he means a summary about your progress with upcoming chapters tefler. I believe you only post those uodates on patreon if im correct. Also wanted to say congrats on another awesome chapter. I do have one issue though. With regards to the pregnant young matriachs, i believe john would talk to eadreale about them more than what has been written about. As he grew up with no parents i feel he would be more concerned about them. Just a thought. I look forward to your next installment

1handslapping1handslappingabout 5 years ago
If we try

we can of course condense it all the way down to "Man with spaceship and girlfriends shoots aliens to save the galaxy" But that might lose some of the subtle context ;-)

realusmctazmanrealusmctazmanabout 5 years ago
Awesome as always

Thanks for continuing the growth of the group dynamics. It seams as though Larn is going to be taking action soon..., I hope the crew is ready, cause it sounds like Larn is changing like Mal did before the battle of the gods so there is no telling what he might do. Keep up the great work and thanks for all this and the e books which add depth to so much of the story. JT

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
3 line summary

Wow seriously.. you can’t read the 10 pages

You don’t want to read the 10 pages

Wow

My opinion like always fantastic

Muchas gracias

fromindiafromindiaabout 5 years ago
My take away...

An interlude from outer space to inner space for John specially. It feels awful to hear about his problems with his inner self and annoying too. Glad girls cleared upto some extent. Hope Archadia trip ( much much awaited) will clear things for him. Also felt relax reading this one.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
My least favorite chapter

Angst, angst and more angst. I’m not a fan of that.

AmbivalenceAmbivalenceabout 5 years ago
Seriously hoping that Faye's child doesn't flip out...

It's a safe bet Faye will never be a danger to them but would be a shame if the life she's trying to create becomes something she or they had to "deal with"...

And the ex-admiralty are so going to get shafted so they better hope they all die *before* John or Alyssa get involved...

taco1085taco1085about 5 years ago
love it

Love this story,,, Dana sure enjoyed her time, Rachael expanding her powers and being a bigger part of the team is an asset to the team, Now Dana unlocking her talents is going to be an even bigger gain for the team

Death_samuraiDeath_samuraiabout 5 years ago
Brilliance

Thanks tefler for 119 chapters of awesome, cant wait for more to come

bob9bob9about 5 years ago
Tashana's fate without John

Would Tashana really have ended up with the Enshunu if John hadn't showed up? iirc before he got there she had already escaped and was ready to go on a rampage and burn everything. She only stopped because she saw him and recognized he was a Progenitor. Unless I'm forgetting something, it seems far more likely that she would have escaped the space station and eventually succumbed to her tumour somewhere else.

UltimateHomeBodyUltimateHomeBodyabout 5 years ago
Absolutely brilliant tale

One of the very best ever.

119 chapters and you still maintain such a high standard.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
3 line summary of previous chapter at the beginning of each chapter

I think the original request for a summary actually meant a continuity paragraph at the beginning of a new chapter. Would be helpful especially when re-reading favorite chapters out of order.

JAFCriticJAFCriticabout 5 years ago
My two cents, for what it’s worth

Here are some of things in this chapter that aught my attention. I’m sure Mr Tefler has already determined the course of events that will unfold, but I’d like to speculate all the same.

Sarinia Baelora has orchestrated the move of the her house fleet and sisters in order to find out what’s happened to her matriarch mother. I suspect that their mother (Gaenna?) will know that they are on their way if by no other means than that her fleet commander will tell her. My big question is what is Sarinia about? That last line where she is smiling that she convinced her sisters to come with her and not stay behind; I can understand that she wouldn’t want any of them to have the opportunity to assume power for themselves but what does she gain by bringing them?

During Faye’s talk with her daughter, she is explaining about being a part of John’s family even though she is synthetic. Her daughter says, “Members of the Invictus_Node_Collective are synthetic and so is Meta_Faye. Mother will find the inclusivity she seeks with us." That sent chills right up my spine! She doesn’t understand human emotional bonds that make up a family. It’s probably that lack of human condition, that empathy, that started previous AI’s down the path of psychotic behavior. Anyway, the Collective of Faye and the other robots, (are they virtual intelligences?), is also interesting because I think that’s the first time that it’s been mentioned. I don’t think that they share space in the cyber realm or at least that has not been brought up before. The robot intelligence’s only inhabit the chassis they inhabit. Is that how Faye created her child? By first developing the robot VI’s to the point where she could then create a new AI?

The “what if John never...” talk seems to have finally settled John’s guilty consciences over enThralling the girls. All I can say is, thank goodness!

During the informal debriefing, the talk comes around to how Irillith defeated the Kirrix fleet. There’s this part:

The room went quiet as her audience looked at the Maliri hacker in awe.

"That's about the same size as the invasion force that attacked Carolus III..." the Latina murmured, her eyes widening. "How could you possibly handle so many ships? You've only been able to hack a couple of vessels at a time before."

"It was rather a unique situation because of the nature of the organic systems running each Kirrix ship. I spoke to each drone carrier and informed it that I was now the hive queen in charge." Her blasé attitude faded as she stared at the rich red liquid in her glass. "They were quite trusting actually... I don't think they were used to someone being polite and respectful with them."

Okay, there’s several things that I want to add here. First is, how in the hell is Faye or Dana not trying to find out more about an organic based computer like system?!?! This could lead to her becoming a real girl! Second, Irillith is a hacker. Her powers have been in that aspect, sending a psychic form into a non organic computer system. Isn’t this a huge step up for her? Yes it’s a computer system but it’s organic, like a brain. Is her next step going to be hacking a person?

The next part of the debriefing has this part in it regarding the progenitor server:

John frowned in confusion. "If we built and installed the server, surely we must know what it can do?"

"I just followed the schematics," Dana explained with a hesitant shrug. "I've been able to understand the tech behind everything else we've built, but not the server... Mael'nerak was an absolute genius with computers."

That leaves open a lot about Faye and Meta Faye. I say them as two differ people because Meta Faye seems a different entity compared to Faye. Faye was born from the hacking deck, also progenitor tech. But the server is so much more than the hacking deck. Now we see that it was built without a full understanding of what it is capable of. I think that opening is what will lead to Faye’s next evolution. Obviously she created a new AI, but it’s origins probably began because of the server’s unknown abilities. I’m anxious to see what happens next in this storyline.

During this adventure, John and the girls have been upgrading the hell out of the Invictus. I remember that there’s been talk in the comments of it either becoming as maxed out as it can be with the progenitor technology that John will need to build a new, better progenitor style ship to handle the new technologies OR that the Invictus will be destroyed in some horrendous battle leading to the new ship build. In the second case, won’t they loose some if not all the non progenitor technology? If they lose the sever that Faye is on, they lose her and all the Vulcat archives and any other technology like the brimorian shield technology that Dana doesn’t have memorized. Same can be said for all the girls and their various investigations, I.e. Rachel’s autopsies, new discovery for cures, etc.

The trio of ex admirals and the plot they are enacting is a good way to keep Devereaux, Charles, and Jehanna relevant in the story. I was wondering what they could contribute to stay in the story at this point. After all, Rachel’s dad dropped out after he got his companies to work on building new ships. Now there’s a way to bring him back that makes sense. My only question here is who’s going to survive the retaliation from John?

On a side note, the whole pregnancy fetish is hot! Along with the D/s aspect it’s super hot!! I don’t usually comment on sex scenes, but when Dana’s belly button popped out, I laughed. That was great.

Ailanthia and Larn'kelnar’s developing relationship really surprised me. I think that this is the first time that we see the white hair is actually associated with the feeling of love from the progenitor. The fact that this is new to Larn'kelnar is showing just how big a difference there is between John and the other progenitors. But he goes on to say that he’s not going back and o his empire, is that he will control it remotely, and that he will get someone else to build a gate that fleets can travel through. Presumably he means John to build the gate. For all Larn'kelnar’s knowledge, he still really doesn’t know John at all. He knows what Progenitor John would do, but not the real John. I’m reminded of the question about the origins of the progenitors and were they created for a purpose and what that purpose is. For all the speculation, we just don’t know.

Again Mr Tefler, you are a wonderful author and I look forward to reading the next chapter. Thank you for your work and sharing.

Respectfully and sincerely,

JAFCritic

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Battles are coming

And the Lion has to sit them out, because he's too far away? Phantom's (Tom .... I'm bad) impact and action by the Fleet Admiral (she is a Lioness after all) may prove pivotal?

Did I read right. Lenark progenitor does not have his thrall fleets with him. And he no intention of returning to his Empire. Why this galaxy nice him so? What's going on here?

Love how Tefler meticulously ties up plot lines. Great writing. Five-star story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Jade, and her abilities

Jade needs to work on her psychic power!!! Her breath blast weapons are awesome, but in chapter 117, p.5 she could not use this attack for fear of collateral damage! She needs to practice pinpoint accuracy attacks, sort of like using a sniper rifle rather than a sawed off 10 gauge shotgun loaded with magnum load birdshot!!!

As a complete side note to PLRus, what range are you getting.25 moa. out of a 460 Weatherby? Are you a member of the mile club? (Green (jealous)). My hunting rifle is a 1917 Lee Enfield that I sportsterized and have a Leopold 8x scope on.

Tefler, again you have given us an outstanding “fix” to our addiction! 7/5!!!!!!!!

👍👏👍

🐝Wolrab🐝

bbwlover812bbwlover812about 5 years ago
The end?

I enjoy reading this story but I am curious if you have an ending in mind?

There are so many characters to remember and so much story I suggest you have a recap before each new story.

litreader9696litreader9696about 5 years ago
White Hair...

JAFCritic's comment reminded me of something. How is Larn'kelnar unaware of thralls with white hair? All of the Maliri art on the stones the Ashanath are keeping show the Maliri thralls with white hair. Is this a byproduct of Mel'nerak's growing feelings for his own matriarch? A sign of a stronger than usual bond? Is history repeating itself, with Larn'kelnar developing feelings for his matriarch, manifesting in her hair turning white?

alxyalxyabout 5 years ago
Alyssa Progenitrix

Dear Alyssa,

What an awesome title! You must ask Tefler to make more use of it in the coming chapters! But seriously, it's a title that you need to own. You are not a Progenitor, you're a Progenitrix, and there has never been one of those in the history of the universe. That means you can make up your own rules, just as you did when you made that pocket plane in the astral dimension.

Do you want to collect a network of thralls, like Progenitors do? If so I guess they would be male... How would you like to enthrall them? Maybe you wouldn't need anything physical, but it could be fun! I'm thinking Ularean and the rest of the Ashanath high council would be good to start with - they seem pretty much enthralled already by your "spheres". Also maybe Thandrun, Ceraden, Charles, perhaps Caldwell... Maybe you should set your sights higher - Larn'kelnar??

On a more mundane level, I was intrigued by the way you and Sakura were able to spirit-walk all the way to where John was, light-years away, and actually help out when you got there. Does that mean you could spirit-walk to anyone of your network? Kind of "wherever you are, there I can be". That could be particularly useful if you need to help Lynette or Jehanna. I also recall that Edraele was able to spirit-walk even before she met John, so I'm surprised she hasn't made more use of that ability - perhaps you could suggest this to her, or swap ideas for enhancing that ability?

Do you remember Edraele was also able to coerce the other houses' assassins when she was "arranging" to subdue the Maliri for John? This sounds suspiciously like the way Irillith was able to hack the Kirrix hive ships - the next step up from an "organic computer" would be an "organic"! Maybe it's a Valaden family ability, but I think you should gently encourage it.

Oh, and could you and Irillith please visit the cyber-realm again and have another "real" session with Faye - she SO needs it! If you could take John along as well that would be absolutely brilliant: he only managed a quick kiss last time. Maybe that could be their third date!

Another thing, I don't think you need worry about John "losing" powers if he shares his abilities with the girls: the evidence so far seems to suggest quite the opposite - the more he gives, the more he gets back. That's the nature of Love.

Salve, Alyssa Progenitrix Coeli !

AL

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Larn has a heart

Who would have figured. Seeing that he's running low on Thralls at the moment (wonder what's happening to them, don't). Here's a clue, he's lived for thousands of years and didn't know what the white hair means. Sheesh. Really???

Former Admiralty plotters should invite him to table. The "love" at that meeting would be felt across the galaxy. :-)

Ok that's enough satire for now.

KG89KG89about 5 years ago
Hot Damn!

Just found these stories about 2-3 weeks ago and have just finally cuaght up! Christ the storytelling is good, it's believable, the characters have massive time on all of them! Amazing how you have been able to do over 10 main characters, and a massive number of side. I have also aenjoyed and infact massively loved the parts focused on those who have no direct or secondary or tritary connection to Blake and girls.

Please keep up and take your time! I'm glad you finally got around to nipping John's issue with the thrall transformation process a bit. Over 60 chapters of that little moral issue being a reaccuring thing even though we had multiple isntantences of John "getting over" then just for him to suddenly have remorse once more; is my only real gripe.

The Perl, Keli & Tony plot, I hope to see more of that though i feel that would be better served as it's own dedicated storyline. But I'm just a fortunate reader find a awsome series that's hopefully going to receive even more updates.

Sorry for on the text, I had decided to waste to post a review since you released chapter 119 after I found your page.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Is there anyway

That you could write a fan character going through withdrawals from not getting a new chapter in a week? Just kidding! I never knew what it was like until I couldn’t wait to read the next and next and next... the wait is killing me!

EmotionalStormEmotionalStormabout 5 years ago
Labor of love

You have been working this story for three and half years. Bravo. I sat down and binge read the entire series over the last seven days. (Disabled so I have a lot of free time to read.) Tracking the twenty plus women he is sacking up is a challenge at times. I might need a cheat sheet to track name, occupation, race, hair color, eye color, skin color, and the circumstances by which he got each into bed. Then another one for 'side' characters.

I am an amateur author and your stories have given me some ideas on how to improve my writing style. I will say that this last chapter I enjoyed, but I was really hoping it would have gotten to Arcadia. Really looking forward to 120 and the big 'reveal' on that mystery.

I read a few comments about needing a gate. He was not going to build one and others have commented that John might end up doing it. I however, think he is not building one because one already exists. Waiting to see.

I will say you have had me going for the dictionary a couple of time during this series, treacle and phalanx for example. I know you are from England from other comments I read and your command of the English language is impressive.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Is it just me...

Or did anyone else read Faye's list of duties in the voice of the Enterprise's computer? It started just a few lines in. I'm also looking forward to seeing Maria's neighbors/guards getting a chance to show what they can do-whom I just remembered while writing this comment. And now I'm starting to wonder if Larn'kelnar might go unfought, after all. (Probably because I just finished bingeing all five seasons of Steven Universe, so I'm a little more open to the possibility of a heel-face turn.) Not much else specific to say about this chapter, besides I loved it as much as any other.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Be careful what you wish for John,..

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Into the flames again

Like a moth I'm lured into these enthralling flames again. Hurt in hopes of being reborn a phoenix.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Not going back

Really !!!

What is it that causes BSP to be so adamant that he's NEVER going back?

Think I need more clues to get to the heart of this mystery.

Michael56SmithMichael56Smithalmost 3 years ago

Q: did they run out of Alyssium? They had started using that good, but not top of the line material for their sparing weapons and armor,.. then, all of a sudden they are using Crystal Alyssium,.. what gives,.. I recall no mention or off-hand comment of their switching,.. or did they just like the sparkly stuff better?,.. but I could see them not having too much of the IAlyssium in stock, and running out, as that wasn't the super strong material - number one for very long,.. But isn't Alyssium an ingredent in the making of Crystal Alyssium? (So couldn't get the Maliri to cook off a bit more for their secondary uses),.. And I bet they really need to restock on the Crystal Alyssium soon, like the very next refit,.. the way they go through that stuff,.. I'd bet Dana doesn't really need the Crystal Alyssium all the time for all her stuff, regular Alysium should make a fine rifle frame, for example, etc,.. ah well, carry on! ;-) TTFN

WretchedMonkeyWretchedMonkeyover 2 years ago

@Michael56Smith - RE: Crystal switch over.

As soon as they started making Crystal Alyssium, then the old Invictium/Alyssium was old news and only used on the sparring weapons as it wasn't able to damage the Paragon suits. That was back at the 1st Genthalas refit, when they learned about the Maliri's use of 'Maliri crystal' in all of their ships and the fact that it was lighter and tougher than Titanium, which is what the Onyxium and Etherite crystals were bonded to in order to form Invictium/Alyssium. So substituting the Titanium for Maliri Crystal (I think) along with the Onyxium and Etherite, along with 16 other components, two elements she had to create at Genthalas, created their initial stores Crystal Alyssium (Chapter 55).

From that point onward it's always been Crystal Alyssium in their tech, with it being lighter and stronger than similar substances, plus it's psychically responsive so can be made into any shape by someone wielding psychic powers.

I honestly think that Tefler messed up, when he declared the bleached Invictium as Alyssium. I think he wanted a much tougher substance that had been imbued with the teams positive powers but then came up with a much better idea by using Maliri Crystal and brand new Progenitor elements, making it exotic and unknown, but then still wanted to keep the Alyssium name, which confuses the issue. I don't think the name should have been used on the Invictium, it was a waste and should have just been applied to the new 'super material'. But we live and learn.

RalphTheRedNinjaRalphTheRedNinjaover 2 years ago

About Nkkrrit and the change

Muffet from Undertale, anyone?

Michael56SmithMichael56Smithover 1 year ago

Alright, a tight squeeze? The approximately 10,000 Menganus IV colonists were 3 days on 4 hove ships in reaching the Kirrix world, ... and Irillith (and Tef mostly) is sending all of them back on just one hive ship, granted it has much more space available since it is totally bug free, and it will travel 3 times as fast, so a much shorter trip, ... also, they have plenty to eat and drink for a days' travel, ... but what about the hygiene facilities? I doubt the ones for the Bugs use would be of much use to the Terrans, ... and the ones that the prisoners made use of on the way out, were not likely to be very good. But then, who wants to talk about doing their business in the bathroom (not Tef). One day, they can tough it out, I guess, ... but I think Irillith could have saved another hive ship or two for them though, ... just sayin', ... -- maybe she just didn't want Sparks to have to make more than one deluxe FTL drive, ... ;-) TTFN

Michael56SmithMichael56Smithover 1 year ago

Damn, but that Dana is one sexy bit of ass, and full of great gear ideas too, she's a keeper, ... ;-) TTFN

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Why is John with girls that are already strong, why isn’t he investing in the new girls?

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

self recriminations, self loathing, shallow apologies over interpreted slights... nothing new. Same shit different chapter.

After 40 years of "life", one might think a person having common sense and a grasp of what is needed to lead would endeavor over the sophomoric desire to lose the moment in inebriation. Inability to grow up... the basis for humanity not advancing. (that and the popularity of the soy-boi culture...)

Ravey19Ravey19about 1 year ago

Seems as though John just needs to keep feeding Dana and she gets more enlightened, hasn't John realised that yet?

Cannot wait to see what happens on Arcadia.

Michael56SmithMichael56Smithabout 1 year ago

In the Dojo, Calara and Sakura are busily whacking each other over each other's heads with Crystal Alyssium weapons, while wearing CA armor, .... what ever happened to using the 'old' Invictium / Alyssium alloy for their training gear? I can see them eventually running out of the stuff, ... but, ... already? ... I liked that now lesser, but still wonderous material, it is a shame to see it no longer having a place on the ship, ... And Rachel's shields are awesome, ... ;-) TTFN

Jackspeed2uJackspeed2u12 months ago

@ Anonymous and the self recriminations. Sure I agree that that’s gone on long enough in the story but it finally seems like it’s dealt with.

Remember John was a kid with anger issues that then spent his childhood and adolescence forging self control and mastery. He then became a TFN marine officer, a very regimented profession. So he added very regimented on top of tight self control. Then he was known as an officer that took very good care of the soldiers he was responsible for. So now he’s extreme self control, very regimented and concern and caring for those under his command. Then he gets them all killed and he runs away for a decade. The guy became a withdrawn recluse and depressed.

So when John met Allysa he had very tight self control, a regimented lifestyle and personality OCD, and a guy whose caring personality had made him a depressed recluse. So now you start adding chicks half his age to his crew. His mental issues don’t get magically solved, instead the chicks join a depressed guy trying to sort his shit out. Normally solving mental issues requires the person to want to resolve them but John was FORCED by circumstance to resolve them. So it was a haphazard and partial success.

Being as he was he would have been thinking ‘why are they here with an old man like me? I’m ruining their lives since they are great and I’m old and shit and holding them back from life. I’m just going to get them all killed like I did to all my marines. I don’t deserve this, I did nothing to deserve this.’

So with all that is no wonder he took some convincing. The other thing is that because of how the girls are and not really being able to leave that it doesn’t matter what John thinks because leaving would really fuck over and distress the girls. It’s also only been 6 months since the who,e thing started and with the pace of events he’s never really had a chance to put it to bed. He just glossed over everything and as the varnish cracks the shit bubbles to the surface.

But John is a logical guy and he trusts Calara and Rachel’s skills implicitly. So when they create the scenario package of alternatives to the girls recruitment and it’s just a case of join or die with NO grey area at all, it’s a situation that John can deal with and understand and has been trained to deal with in the marines.

So the solution to his recruitment woes was tailor made for his personality by the 2 people who could actually calculate it all out and he trusts those 2 implicitly and then it was presented to him by the most intelligent woman in the galaxy, according to him.

So this shit should be done now.

ranec1ranec110 months ago
Mean As!!

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

"You're so bad..."

ranec1ranec110 months ago
Mean As!!

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

"You're so bad..."

Michael56SmithMichael56Smith10 months ago

Jello shots off of the Lovely Latina's belly, ... then John was filling Dana up all day, ... and Rachel learns psychic shields and she has a knack for them, ... Ailanthia woke up with white hair, like a cum stuffed Maliri, ... Just 32 hours more and they well be at Arcadia, then they can expect some long-sought after answers regarding John's parents, ... So, you really should stay tuned for the next installment, ... ;-) ttfn

Michael56SmithMichael56Smith10 months ago

Oh, and JackSpeed2u, ... TFN the Terran Federation Network? they have marines? and John was one? I don't think so, ... Now T-Fed, or the TFMC Terran Federation Marine Corp, ... (well, you were close)

And with all those lovely ladies around him, how the heck is he supposed to think straight? Logic and self-control, yes, ... thinking with his dick, also yes, at least sometimes, ...

John is still learning and growing, .... ;-) ttfn

onecuriousreaderonecuriousreader7 months ago

listening to dana try to talk some sense into john, about finding a way to guilt trip himself at every chance, got me considering what his grand parents were really like.. having raised him with the hope of following them to take over the restaurant.. I cant help but wondering, that they may have been the source of all his guilt? years of conditioning and grooming.. all based in guilt over what happened to their daughter.. I cant help but consider that they were probably more than manipulative in grooming him.. into capitulating to what they deem john was supposed to do.. and john still suffers under the vestiges of their conditioning all these years later.. too obstinate to change his perspective.

Demented917Demented9174 months ago

There was a Admiral in WWI (British Navy I believe) who said in battle, sometimes you have to order the destruction of that which you love (paraphrasing). John needs to ynderstand that.

TomasWonderTomasWonder4 months ago

For Michael56Smith about Jackspeed2u. TFN is the Terran Federation Navy, which has Marines. John switched to using Crystal Allysium for training weapons when making them for Edreale's Assassins. An easy bit to miss.

Michael56SmithMichael56Smith4 months ago

Yeah, TFN... or Terran Forces Navy, and then there's TTNN The Terran News Network, ... close

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userTefler@Tefler
Please see my Patreon page for the current progress on Three Square Meals. (I usually announce it here in the comments on the last chapter too!) https://www.patreon.com/user?u=3814558 I've added empire maps, as well as pics of the ships, guns, gear, and girls! *** ...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES