All Comments on 'Three Square Meals Ch. 047'

by Tefler

Sort by:
  • 129 Comments (Page 2)
TeflerTeflerabout 6 years agoAuthor

"I simply don't understand why..."

All will be explained in the upcoming chapters. ;-)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
A question

They’ve not had an experienced hacker try to get into their systems that they know of. However, they don’t have that expertise. So, 1) if Irillith does hack them, which is highly likely, she may find someone else has put spyware into their systems. 2) Irillith's skill in this area will be demonstrated, adding to John’s need to have this looked after... and hey! Here’s a sexy blue chick specially engineered for his use!! 3) Rachel can map the extent that Johns cum alters the psychology of the girls he takes.

Horseman68Horseman68over 5 years ago
Great Chapter.

And here enters Edraele et. al. into their world.

taco1085taco1085about 5 years ago
wow

what a bitch, Irillith needs rode hard and treated a lesson, Edreal really needs to be brought down a few pegs.. she is treading on thin ice and Alyssa's going to kick her ass again and she will not like it and wet her pants...

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Epic

The punches just keep coming. And i can't stay away.

You related to Marvelous Marvin Hagler??

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Space is so HUGE

You have written ",.. the Invictus arrived at the final system of it's route,.." and you also very often imply the ship moves through instead of around or past star systems. This is not consistent with your sci fi premise of a FTL hyperdrive that only works in the flatness between stars, but is 'rip the ship apart' dangerous to use inside a gravity well, like your Interdictor tech to drop a spaceship out of FTL travel. Outer Space is not a bunch of neighborhood backyards with star systems right next to each other (mostly), there is a great deal of EMPTY between the stars ( light years worth ). If you ever do a rewrite of your wonderful story ( to publish in book form hopefully ) this is one area you MUST redress; mostly easy fixes like 'around' to replace 'through' a system would take care of a large part of it. Thank you for a spectacular storyline, I just love it! More please!

ramblin2020ramblin2020almost 4 years ago

I love the progression. I won't lie and say I didn't expect Irillith to become part of the crew (assuming my guess in that direction is right) but do love the way you've developed some empathy for her before introducing her mother. I love hating arrogant people who are unnecessarily cruel and dismissive of those with less power. She makes a nice addition to the Invictus' enemies. As it goes, "may all their enemies die screaming."

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Captivating the way Tefler paints the scenery. Appreciate being able to "see" the forrests, mountains, vista and characters in this epic. Well written.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Great Chapter

Its unbelievable that John casually walked into the lair of the snake after being warned and tricked to committing a genocide. I guess ejaculating multiple times everyday is taking its toll on his wits.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Lol, John it's like John has zero IQ and zero self preservation instinct in these few chapters :D And for all the love and care for his girls, he just casually took them into hostile territory with no protections or intel.

I can practically see mc glass eyed and drooling in my minds eye.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Mysteries and unknowns. Snakes, deception and traps. Warnings ignored and consequences paid. Ghosts and psychic obliteration.

This story is GOLD. 5 🌟

Michael56SmithMichael56Smithover 2 years ago

The visit into Maliri space, stopping at Epsilon-Aquarii and the home-world of the Valaden Matriarchy, Valaden, was enchanting. The vistas of mountains, seas, and cities were all quite good! Then John bravely (reference the word Stupid in your Funk and Wagnall) goes forth into the spiders' web, but luckily it is with his trusty sidekick, Alyssa, who manages to save the day. This scene was useful in the story progression, but if Tef would have been working with a Story Editor, then that scene would have been massively rewritten into something more believable. John is an ex-marine for gosh sakes! ... but besides that, I really enjoyed this chapter, thank you Tef!!! ;-) TTFN

laughdruidlaughdruidabout 2 years ago

Sorry only 3 stars, John is dumber than a box of rocks. How can he claim to love these girls and place their lives in so much danger? I love how well the story is written though.

laughdruidlaughdruidabout 2 years ago

I guess John was not paying attension when Elraele said that Lrillith was quite the hacker, so he allowed her on his ship.

caveman21936caveman21936almost 2 years ago

Sorry, the series is good, but these chapters are hard to get past. Edraele and Irillith remind me too much of real-life people in my past. I admit that my dislike of these chapters is emotional, not rational. What should a smarter John have done? Refused to have anything more to do with the Maliri, who have already manipulated him multiple times and endangered his family. Nothing is worse risking that again from proven enemies. He should have outright refused to do any more of their dirty work or to allow any of them aboard his ship. He should have left Maliri space and never returned.

Jackspeed2uJackspeed2ualmost 2 years ago

You can’t have 4 planets around the same star being habital. Habital as we define it is the presence of liquid water. Now the sun type and size and luminosity doesn’t matter as that just sets it’s radiance at its surface. Then that radiance decreases with the inverse square law, twice as far out has one quarter the energy. So at some point you reach the distance where liquid water exists and that’s a narrow band. Venus isn’t in it and mars isn’t in it. Venus I think has gaseous water and that’s the most powerful greenhouse gas there is. Mars has solid water. Venus is 500°c and mars is -100°c. If we can’t get 3 habital planets in a row how can you get 4?

You just can’t. We get 1000 watts of heat energy at midday in full sun at the equator per square meter provided by the sun. Now energy from the sun decreases via the inverse square law, so you can see how it would drop off pretty fat as you go out and also how you would get heaps more pretty fast as you travelled in.

So to just get 2 habital planets right at each edge of the habital zone would be pretty tricky and lucky. However while liquid water would exist by definition one planet would be hot as fuck and the other cold as fuck. No rainforests and varied natural ecosystems. You’d have just one eco system hanging on around the edges of water on the hot planet and exactly the same on the cold planet.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

In orbit around Albali, a class 'A' blue-white star, ... The Epsilon-Aquarii system had four habitable planets in it, along with two large gas giants. Each of the worlds looked lush and verdant, and their flight path was taking them to the second planet, which was named Valaden. So, this bright, blue-white star has a huge 'Goldilocks' zone for habitable worlds, compared to our star, a middling yellow dwarf, with Terra in the middle of our own 'Goldilocks' zone, and Venus and Mars, just outside it. Possible, because of a Progenitor (Mael'nerak - tens of Millennia ago) manipulation of the star system, and a somewhat crazy, but lovable Author's say so, ... ;-) TTFN

Jackspeed2uJackspeed2uover 1 year ago

And the bullshit with the guide and John’s patheticness begins. Sure it’s a good story arc to introduce his differences but it goes on so long, a 120 chapters more and still going. John just looks pathetic and then there are the endless times they are pulled into the ether and that goes on too long as well making him more pathetic. The stupid thing is that the ether dreams are solved using deus ex machina, so that could have been pulled out at any time. And the progenitor John is simply solved by saying he’s going to take him over and a quick mind fight later and it’s done. That also could have been done at any time as no special circumstances needed to happen. So John winged complained and was useless pathetic for a hundred chapters too many.

All this type of shit is solved during a story edit with the editor saying “WTF”. The the author fixes it long before we see it. Sure this story is edited but not in the true sense since it’s a serial story and the story itself can’t be touched in retrospect and future story hasn’t been thought of yet. Still I love the story and I’m rereading it now again. I just skip the meaningless sex, the trips to the mind world stuff and John crying about changing the women. Chapter 155 and John is still crying about changing the girls. They are immortal so if he didn’t change them he would kill them eventually.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Love the sex and worldbuilding, but it's painful to have a story center on a protagonist who is quite possibly the dumbest person alive.

skippersdadskippersdadover 1 year ago

Still doing great, very mind blowing.

Ravey19Ravey19over 1 year ago

This is sci-fi but not as you know it. Still going along strong and I'm really enjoying thus tale and ignoring any suspension of knowledge or beliefs that may be required. Still 5 from me.

texstertexsterabout 1 year ago
Errors and more

I didn’t see it mentioned in the previous 121 comments, but in Racheal’s buggery debut, there are several tense errors (for example: “but our newest recruit wants to experience being taking…” when it should have been “but our newest recruit wants to experience being TAKEN). You’ll want to proof that whole passage because there are several errors in there.

No one has mentioned the crown that Alyssa saw when she spirit-walked - does that mean John is the king of the progens, or do all progens have crowns in Spirit world

If $$ is no object for the Maliri matriarchs, she should have funded the rest of the purchase price (and John the Trader should know to ask)

Jackspeed2uJackspeed2uabout 1 year ago

Park the raptor on the roof of the palace and set the core to overload. Annihilation in an instant over a huge huge area. Or do what comes later in the story. Park the raptor a bit away from the palace and disengage the hyper warp safties for gravity wells and enter max warp and ram the palace and that is even more damage than a core breach…. I believe it’s 1/2 mV2 it doesn’t matter what the mass is when the velocity is being squared and it’s in meters per second and hyperwarp is hundreds of times the speed of light. So delivering all those joules to a point, it’s beyond nuclear explosion energy levels by factors of a billion ( if you do the maths) that type of energy levels instantly released you’ll break the chemical bonds of elements in the target making a atomic soup, the heat would instantly strip all the electrons making it a charged atomic nuclei soup unbelievably chemically reactive, however the energy levels would shatter the nuclei causing a nuclear explosion on scales never even imagined, then the protons and neutrons would have the weak and strong nuclear forces over powered and be reduced to up and down quarks. A total energy release shit show that in real life has energy levels enough to destroy a planet (see Scott Manley YouTube video). But in the TSM world the energy from hyperwarp collisions is just a bit more than a core breach.

The ultimate APD weapon (anti progenitor dreadnought) is a hyperwarp generator powered by a core which is nuclear fusion by the way and a targeting computer. Then package that up in any shape even a big enough cardboard shoe box will do and hyperwarp them at the drednought the energy release would overwhelm the shields and the impact would shake the ship to destruction and then vapourish it. Since it’s faster than light by hundreds of times there is no dodging and your hit BEFORE YOU SEE the weapon ( that’s causality problems here with effect before the cause) so your fucked and by fucked I mean your quarks. Not even atoms way beyond vaporised and not even energy. You don’t even have mass anymore since 99.99999% of mass comes from the binding force between the quarks in an atom ant the other basically nothing comes from the reduced Higgs field. But since your quarks aren’t bound you have no mass…. Are free quarks free to do anything anything at all. Free to form a diamond! Or dog shit. Equally probable but it’s protons that you’ll form with no electrons so you are now hydrogen plasma soup. Give it billions of years and since you have mass again gravity will pull you towards something maybe more hydrogen and then you’ll be a nebula then a proto star then a planetary disk then a star with planetoids then a star with planets!

Yeah so hyperwarp weapons…. The TSM world equivalent of wormhole weapons.

ranec1ranec112 months ago
Mean As!!

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

*Dana says, and I quote, 'I don't want that crazy bitch on my ship!'

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

All the girls are great, but I especially love Dana. Shells got a ton of hutzpah!

Michael56SmithMichael56Smith11 months ago

John's girls are all pretty wonderful, especially Dana and Jade, ... but all the others are close, ... and now Edraele is sending the only blood relation that she can trust (a lie, or a partial lie) to travel on the Invictus with the Mael'nerak (John) to the Trankaran Republic, ... and the travel there and back will take many weeks, ... Will the wonderful Auburn tressed Dana space the ill-mannered Blue Bitch before they get back? The next few chapters should interesting, .... ;-) ttfn

Michael56SmithMichael56Smith10 months ago

... and how long before John asks Dana for some Anti Progenitor Dreadnaught weapons, especially any that could be mounted on a smaller / fast ship like a Dreadnaught Destroyer, ... you just know Dana will come up with something(s), ... just give her some time, .... ;-) ttfn

ranec1ranec19 months ago
WHERE IS IT!!

patiently waiting for the yellow N

ShaggyDogStoryShaggyDogStory3 months ago

I've said my piece about endless snacks, naps, and shags.

Now the science. A feature of the science throughout this series seems to be 'rule of cool'.

E.g. making a meal of DNA analysis when tbh it's not particularly difficult to do simple analysis of sequence data today. Unless computer science has regressed in the 28th century?

Why have a triple helix, which would completely mess with the transcription and translation of DNA > mRNA > proteins, when another chromosome would do, or a special organelle (psychochondria?).

Working out naturally occurring v edited DNA requires a reference. Not sure where Rachel has those? The Terran Federation strangely has no genomic records of any other species, which seems bizarre.

I liked the observation that the Drakkar genome was constructed a long time ago because of accumulated point mutations, which is how real geneticists discern the 'molecular clock' of a sequence, though again, based on what reference?

An A type star (they last around 1 billion years) with four habitable planets (a process that takes two billion years plus). There's a reason the search for extrasolar life is aimed at yellow and red stars - they last long enough to have a chance of having evolved it.

Yes, the planets could be terraformed, but a 28th century space traveller would know this, just as 21th century amateur astronomers do. This would have allowed them to catch the Matriarch in a lie.

It's better to invent new terms (see Star Trek's handy tachyon particles to fill any plot requirement) than mishandle real ones.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userTefler@Tefler
Please see my Patreon page for the current progress on Three Square Meals. (I usually announce it here in the comments on the last chapter too!) https://www.patreon.com/user?u=3814558 I've added empire maps, as well as pics of the ships, guns, gear, and girls! *** ...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES