All Comments on 'Three Square Meals Ch. 052'

by Tefler

Sort by:
  • 188 Comments (Page 2)
PussyLickersRusPussyLickersRusalmost 8 years ago
LoL at the troll

Not withstanding some of the best literature of our time, like Tolkien's works with Bilbo Baggins or Steven R. Donaldson's works with Thomas Covenant in the stories "Lord of the Rings" or "The Chronicles of Thomas Covenant" (both of which are considered epically good works by the critical establishment and readers in general).

I suggest we just ignore this troll.

TeflerTefleralmost 8 years agoAuthor
@anon

I thought over your suggestion, but decided against killing off John, and turning it into the lesbian space opera you describe.

Without John, and his ongoing struggle against the Progenitors, I fear there wouldn't be enough -meat- to the story. ;-)

TeflerTefleralmost 8 years agoAuthor
Chapter 53 update

I've finished Chapter 53!

Coincidentally it's also 53k words, which makes it triple the size of my normal chapters, and about 15 pages on the site. I wrap up a number of ongoing story arcs, and hopefully you should enjoy it.

Now I'll be going through it with my editors, but all being well, Wednesday next week still looks good for it to be up on the site.

Tefler

OzkiwiOzkiwialmost 8 years ago
@ Anon

As I described in the 7 plots of basic literature, the plot device of the denying anti hero, has to undergo some fundamental realisation before he can become the hero. So John as a MC is at the point where as a reader, yes you want to wring his neck, things will come to a head where he has to change and become a new character to complete the plot line.

@ Tefler any clue when the next chapter is coming?

Mal

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Chapter 53

Now all I have to do is hold on til Wednesday! I'll just go smoke some crack, what's one more addiction ;))

Jedi_KhanJedi_Khanalmost 8 years ago
Re: Chapter 53

Geezus, Tefler. You're spoiling us with mammoth chapters like that. Before you know it, we'll start expecting such big chapters from you.

Can't wait to see what happens in the next chapter. I wonder which story arcs you wrap up and how?

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
whoa!!

that'll be a huge chapter. makes me wanna guess what all the subplots that will end next week.

-devil

slinkkyslinkkyover 7 years ago
Chapter 53

... on Wednesday. Did you know that this is the first time we have had to wait as long as 14 days between chapters? I believe that such a short wait between chapters is one of the reasons that the community on the comments page has been so vibrant.

TeflerTeflerover 7 years agoAuthor

I much prefer shorter chapters and weekly releases. It was an interesting experiment to write something longer, but I still broke it up into smaller chunks for easier editing anyway.

I'll be going back to five page weekly releases from next week I think.

PussyLickersRusPussyLickersRusover 7 years ago

"I thought over your suggestion, but decided against killing off John, and turning it into the lesbian space opera you describe.

Without John, and his ongoing struggle against the Progenitors, I fear there wouldn't be enough -meat- to the story. ;-)"

Tefler! You are pun -ishing me with your humor! (I rolled...that was just flat out funny rite thar!)

slinkkyslinkkyover 7 years ago
Chapter 53

Chapter 53 is triple sized, so if I divided it in third, it's an average of a regular sized chapter every 5 days. That's great progress and normally I'd be happy with it. It's only hurtful to the comments page to get longer chapters at reduced frequency.

Unfortunately I've gotten addicted to the comments page for this story. :(

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
@Slinkky

No, the longest wait between two chapters was 16 days, and was mainly due to the fact that the approval for stories was hampered. The shortest were 1 day between each other, occuring 6 times.

If the chapter comes out on august 10th it is exactly one fortnight between the chapters.

Herman Grootaers

Jedi_KhanJedi_Khanover 7 years ago
@Tefler

I've got a question for you that's been bouncing around in my head for a bit, and now that chapter 53 is with the editors, I hope you have a moment to answer it. If you don't, well, at least it's out of my head.

The question is: what do you think of us commenters debating back and forth over aspects of your story, like we did with the possibility of the Trankarans using molten projectile weapons? Do our debates influence your story, or at least the aspects of it that we are debating, at all?

TeflerTeflerover 7 years agoAuthor
@Jedi_Kahn

"what do you think of us commenters debating back and forth over aspects of your story"

I really enjoy it! One of the reasons I'll keep doing weekly releases, is I enjoy reading the comments too.

I don't have a physics/engineering background, so a lot of the technical discussions are at a level beyond my understanding. However, I scan through them anyway, as there's often some interesting ideas to be found there, which I can use and incorporate into the story. You'll see some of those in Chapter 53.

What I find really valuable is discussion on the plot, and questions people have about the characters or their motivations. If there is a lot of confusion over something I wasn't intending to be mysterious, then that tells me I need to find some way of clarifying it in the next chapter. I find its easier to slot something in organically like that, than going back and editing an older chapter to fix it.

Some of the moral/ethical debates have proven to be a useful source for dialogue between the characters as well. It's surprising what things can turn into an interesting titbit to add into the story.

A recent example was the discussion in the comments about how the Terran Federation was going to handle John's destruction of the armoured cobras. Before I wrote that whole story arc, I had planned for another interview with Jehanna Elani from TFNN. With John being surly at the moment, I decided to change it to TF high command just providing all the details to Jehanna instead, and really putting their own spin on the story to maximise the PR benefits for themselves. That then led into the rapturous crowd reception at Port Megara.

TeflerTeflerover 7 years agoAuthor
Email from anon

"I say the MC is being a jerk and all you say is some lame pun about needing meat? Pfft. Thanks for respecting your readers."

You sent this to me anonymously, so unfortunately I couldn't reply by email.

Of course I respect my readers, but your suggestion was ludicrous to the point of absurdity. Kill off the main character because you don't like him having to deal with his Progenitor nature?

I've said many times that John isn't human. He even says it himself in the very first chapter. Progenitor-John first made an appearance way back in chapter 14, and has been lurking in the background, re-emerging throughout the story. Having to eventually deal with that was inevitable.

I could only assume you were joking, so I responded in kind.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Is anyone else thinking

Edraele sent Irrilith assuming she would fall under Johns influence as an experiment of what the effects would be on someone of her "eldrich bloodline"? The powerful painkillers by her bed and asking about the transformation and healing seem to suggest at some condition she wants healing by John

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
@Other anon

I think I commented before that she must have known that she was giving Irrilith impossible orders. She has been a leader of her people for a long time, and knows as no others that in scheming there are good and bad times to accomplish things. Giving Irrilith the order to acquire the tech in incredibly dangerous circumstances makes me think that letting the crew catch Irrilith was deliberate. What she intends to accomplish with that I am not sure about.

It could be that she just wants immortality. It could be that there is indeed an illness that she wants to have cured. Maybe she just has grown arrogant and thinks herself to be the most almighty creature in the known universe, even though she knows that John has an impenetrable mind and his XO nearly killed her. Maybe she just wants to have a powerful alliance, just like the Grey.

updownhorseboardupdownhorseboardover 7 years ago
@Other Other Anon

Yeah Im thinking she's just arrogant. She seems to think that because she's a "Matriarch" she would automatically enter as Johns second in command and could influence him to do what she wants.

Which is laughable considering she couldn't compare to Alyssa before and now Alyssa's presumably had a power boost from completing the link with Rachel (that seems to be how it works from what I can tell) and she may even have made an initial link with Irrilith before they get back.

Irrilith I don't mind but Edraele can get spaced

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Plot comments

As I have re-read the series twice, I find that I have three concepts that might be interesting for the plot: (1) children fundamentally change things, which is inevitable. To accomplish this, you might establish a space station, which could move yet allow for quests. His time on the invictus could be balanced with interactions within a more local region (2) might John seek a cure for a plague or drug addiction (stems)? So far, the crew saves lives from bad people, but does little to save humanity or some other race (not malari). (3) personally I like the archeological aspects; however, why can't there be more ancient beings. If John is immortal, fine, but at least have a few more characters that are 200 year old (other than jade). Maybe a benevolent grandmother.

PussyLickersRusPussyLickersRusover 7 years ago
Anon with the MC comment:

If you want respect you need to provide CONSTRUCTIVE feedback. If you want comments to be private you need to provide a private avenue to respond.

To be honest, something from out of left field like your comment is difficult to take seriously.

But again, as was stated in this comments section, the process of a flawed main character redeeming her/him self through the story is a very well known plot theme in literature. I am sure, with just a little research on your part, you will find that to be true.

Frankly, I thought the other respondents on this comments section were much more kind and respectful towards you (well maybe not me so much) than you realize. I mean, no one called you names or denigrated you for your lack of understanding of literature...instead they gave you the benefit of the doubt and tried to use it as a teaching moment. Heck, I have been mistaken on some of my posts (like the H.E.A.T. round), and when corrected I took it like an adult and went on with my life...not even considering it was disrespect...because it wasn't. I was just wrong...and goodness knows...I learned something from the experience. Secure adults do that.

PussyLickersRusPussyLickersRusover 7 years ago
Ok: About Faye:

While she does have the potential to be very destructive, she is also like a child. She is taking on the aspects of a life form now and it is immoral to kill her because she is having a temper tantrum or bad emotional day.

She needs to have a body for several reasons, safety being one of them. And instead of a de-rez button, she needs a time-out button (Alyssa could just think about pushing the button while the rest would need to actually do so...and that button needs to be incorporated into the ship's systems as well as be a physical button on Fay's body so she can be contained until she gets over her temper tantrums (typical 2 year old to late teen emotional growth issues.) Now those issues will be extremely shortened due to her not having to deal with hormones as a biologic life form would and her superior logic abilities.

However, learning how to deal with her emotions is going to be the prime issue.

Some suggestions:

First: Psionic abilities, either through silicone or through a psionic device Dana creates (not really a stretch). With Faye's abilities, Alyssa needs to be in mental contact with her and Faye needs the emotional stability and attachment such a connection would provide.

Second: she needs to have a body, similar in physical attributes to the other girls, that can incorporate the updated body armor so she can be a part of the team on boarding actions.

Third: she needs to be able to exert command and control over a squad team of battle bots when in her battle armor, with John or other human crew having override authority.

Fourth: She needs to have sexual organs, with presssure and other sensors, that have normal pheromonal secretions to mimic the natural secretions of women.

Fifth: her computer needs to be impressively strong to allow for future emotional/social growth. A positronic central nervous system (see Isaac Asimov) for example...or perhaps a quantum computer.

Sixth: She needs to have a ship systems based backup for her programming should something happen.

Seventh: She needs to be able to control her body temperature to mimic metabolism as well as overcome extremes in environmental temperatures.

Any other ideas folks?

george41george41over 7 years ago
@PLR on Faye

I think she should have several bodies that she can transfer between. My idea would be

1) Ship body that she uses why on board the ship and daily use with what you where saying about the sensors and everything.

2) Combat body that is made tough as hell, with multiple weapons systems.

3) Maintenance body to do ship maintenance inside as well as outside the. Functionality is WAY more important than aesthetics in this case.

4) Training body that is designed to help train everybody, and push them to their limits.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
faye

all the suggestions for faye are from existing AI fiction. let tefler create his own interpretation on it. i'm gonna enjoy any way it comes out. different body like mass effect or several like fate of terra or some degree of transcendent being state.

I'm more interested in her loyalties and the interactions she will have will irrilith and her reactions when she is told to do something that might hurt john and the crew.

in the meantime, who wants to see faye meeting irrilith by planting a big kiss on her out of no where cuz she LOVES her creator :P

-devil

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Very Nice

I think the comments for this story are awesome.

I can't think of any other Literotica story where the comments have been such worthwhile reading. It says to me that the readers for this story are a great group and makes me happy to be one of those happy readers.

Also the story melts my brain. New elements keep being revealed and so well integrated, so well developed, that the fascination is completely indescribable.

Faye for example. I just know that the story around her is going to be enough to make me want more but she is only one facet of this jewel.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Mostly good comments

But the guy/girl who suggested killing off John needs to get back on his meds or dial back on them. Whatever chemical balance (s)he's on now is not working.

Can't wait for the next epic battle. There's is a fifth of good space opera fiction so I'm very happy with the speed and quality of this series. Keep up the great work!

DraigTywyllDraigTywyllover 7 years ago
I like Faye

She's the only girl onboard that can't be influenced by Johns pheromones. Making her the only character who could be objective about some topics i.e. John dying.

I wonder if that's why Projenitor John wanted a finger on the kill switch. Human John is just basing that decision on previous history.

Can't wait until the next chapter 😎

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago

It is not 100% a happy crowd. But those comments are either erased by the author or they get told to go away or take their meds by the fanboys punishing others for having a different experience from them. It is more illusion of happy for who is welcome to speak their mind and who is not.

TeflerTeflerover 7 years agoAuthor
Re: Anon

I'll never be able to please everyone. It would be an impossible task to cater for everyone's tastes on all subjects. I've mentioned before that we all have vastly different sexual preferences, and that subject alone polarises opinion.

With John's recent struggles with Progenitor-John, some people have enjoyed the crew having to deal with a different kind of challenge, while some have hated it. At the end of the day, you either have to trust that I'll write a satisfying story, and stick around for the ride, or you stop reading it.

I enjoy reading the feedback I get, which has been overwhelmingly positive. I've received several hundred emails from people who've enjoyed the story so far, so I'm happy I'm going in the right direction with it.

I only delete comments when they start getting abusive, because frankly, why should I put up with that bullshit? It's not like I'm charging them to read what I've written. Some guy complained a few chapters back that I was using too many -ly adverbs to express emotion. It was valid feedback, and I certainly didn't delete their comment. I've tried to work hard to improve that in subsequent chapters.

TeflerTeflerover 7 years agoAuthor
Chapter 53 update!

Chapter 53 is finished! I've edited it all, and it's 16 pages long. I submitted it to the site for moderation earlier this evening, so all being well, it should be on schedule for Wednesday.

Chapter 54 is coming along nicely, and I'm half way through at the moment.

Cheers,

Tefler

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
@anon

its a comment section online. really if it's more than 50 % positive, it's a miracle. the fact that it's mostly positive is a testament to tefler's writing. Also, negative comments start disappearing around chapter 10 n not stick with it till chapter 52.

at this stage, there's trolls and harsh critics. n tefler does all that he can to assuage the critics...

so yeah I agree not 100% positive but productive everytime for the readers and the writer.

cheers!

-devil

PussyLickersRusPussyLickersRusover 7 years ago
Devil

Oh don't get me wrong, I am well aware that Tefler is secure enough in his vision of his story that any suggestions or ideas I express he will weigh against his vision and either discard outright, incorporate in some limited way, or turn it over and make it his own...which, frankly, would make my day.

And I admit, part of what I am doing here is bringing up topics for discussion that provide an opportunity for an educated dialogue about the story, much like my Lit professors did in college so many years ago. It just makes for a fuller and more interesting story in my humble opinion.

In the feedback I get from Tefler, he does not mind...even enjoys it....even incorporates some of what we discuss if it fits within his story...so I really don't feel like I am offending him...and I USUALLY don't attempt to offend others.

benuwerbenuwerover 7 years ago
Devil and Tefler

At about Ch 10 was when he started policing hard, so that proves my point. ;)

But alright, Tef, how about one non-abusive comment that reflects on some legitimate thematic and literature-professor type discussion Pussylickerrus is so fond of? It's not going to change your readership at this point, so what do you care to leave it up? I hope your skin has gotten tougher, and I'll leave out the name-calling this time. This is the only olive branch I am extending; you leave this comment up, and I'll stop bothering you and leave you in peace to your story.

I do find the premise and the main character to be legitimately creepy and abusive, the same way I find Twilight and the stalker/controlling themes in that very popular story creepy and abusive. Your response to my criticism is also the same as Stephanie Meyer's response to similar criticism. It isn't going to change either side's mind, and you can decide who to pay attention to in writing your story, but you can't really stop people thinking what they think or prevent other people from sharing it.

I've studied enough and read enough to know underage "child brides" to much older men is a major source of the lack of education, empowerment, and basic human rights in many countries which practice it. The girls are "broken down" before they can develop into their own person and are basically subservient second-class citizens to older men. The fact that John "makes them geniuses" doesn't help (they still giggle like half-wits), because they never disagree with him in any serious way, and the story/fetish is still "older man with a group of daughter-age girls telling him how great he is."

Comments from readers such as "Can't wait till he drills her and forces an attitude adjustment!" and "Older women won't work because they would resist being broken down to be the best they can be!" demonstrates exactly what I mean. They have to be young, and they have to be breakable. The genetic level of alteration crosses an ethical line often discussed in Science Fiction and often treated with wariness and gravity, but this seems to go right into mind control with each ejaculation. Mind Control is it's own category/fetish, just like Rape and Incest, so that's not a judgement, believe it or not. But it's also in Sci-Fi, so it should be able to be discussed along with the theoretical workings of the ship.

In another story, John would easily be the villain. I've read it before. There is a dark side to this fetish just like there is Incest and Rape, so questioning his "heroics" from time to time is perfectly legit. It's what people with their own minds should do on occasion.

So--next move is yours, Tefler. What's it going to be?

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
PussyLickersRus

yeah ur good man... u bring up some good points...

I know tefler doesn't mind positive criticisms...

@benuwer: wow that was a seriously fucked up way at looking at the story. though putting it together with twilight doesn't help(worldwide bestseller, diff target audience n all that). well, I don't want to argue so I'm disengaging from the comments then.

That was just too dark for the devil.

-devil

benuwerbenuwerover 7 years ago
Sorry it's too dark for the devil

I guess it just goes to show that real life is truly God's creation. ;) This shit really happens because some guys with the opportunity and support of their culture act out this fantasy in real life. Rape is a crime and harmful, incest is a crime and harmful (because it often involves children)....and....child brides are harmful.

Just drawing a parallel.

WhitePaintWhitePaintover 7 years ago
benuwer

Do u know, who u are?

U are like those judges from got talents who doesn't have any TALENT but still they judge the ones who have it but guess what this isn't got talent where your vote/opinion matters, this is literotica where the audience decides whether they like a story or not, so take your opinion and shove it up your a**.

metallicscorpiometallicscorpioover 7 years ago

@Tefler : I really like the way you deliver the storyline and your creativity with charecters...( just the war of words in this comment section proves how for your charecters have influenced many)....I only wish you are not bothered by some people who are just jealous and comment here to attract attention towards them (seriously they are pretty sick to just type away whatever they think in a public domain).........continue your best work and i am really awaiting chapter 53...

TeflerTeflerover 7 years agoAuthor
Re: Benuwer

"when he started policing hard"

Not really, it's only been your comments I've been deleting because you were being offensive.

"I do find the premise and the main character to be legitimately creepy and abusive"

Fair enough, but why bother reading something you don't like? I'd never waste my time reading a story I didn't enjoy.

"I've studied enough and read enough to know underage "child brides" "

OK, let me stop you right there. Every girl in the story is at least 18, so no one is underage. Plenty of horrific things happen in real life, but this is just a story. There is no implication than any of the girls are younger than that, and he check's Alyssa's ID to confirm her age in the very first chapter.

"The fact that John "makes them geniuses" doesn't help (they still giggle like half-wits), because they never disagree with him in any serious way"

Happy young women giggle, and it's no reflection on their level of intelligence. Genius does not have to mean dour, gloomy and boring.

Besides, what would they have to disagree with him about?

"Comments from readers... They have to be young, and they have to be breakable."

What readers choose to enjoy in the story is entirely up to them. I have never once stated that for a woman to fall under a Progenitors thrall, they have to be young and breakable. As far as Progenitors are concerned, any woman can be meat for the grinder. Progenitors use women as tools for their armies, and breeding stock to replace losses. They are evil. The main bad guys in this story.

"The genetic level of alteration crosses an ethical line"

Progenitors don't give a shit about ethics. John is different and he does, so he's spent dozens of chapters discussing it ad nauseam with the girls. Alyssa even had to tell him to stop moaning about it, because they're all delighted with their situation.

"John would easily be the villain."

Would he? Has he really done anything that questionable? He's made all the girls that joined him incredibly fit and healthy, boosting their intellect way above normal human capabilities. He's provided them a home, fulfilling and exciting roles aboard his ship, and finally friends, lovers and a family.

For Alyssa and Dana in particular, he's transformed their bleak and horrible lives in ways they would never have dreamed possible. Calara gets to save people and do some good, which was always her driving ambition before she met him, and one of the reasons she joined the TF in the first place. Rachel was estranged from her father, essentially alone in the world. He helped the two of them reconcile, as well as get revenge/justice for her mother.

Jade was an abused slave. By joining the crew, she's been able to develop and grow beyond anything she ever imagined possible.

I honestly think you're trying to drum up morale outrage when there's nothing really there to justify it. Yes, the age gap is a bit questionable, but I cover that in the story too.

The way he meets Alyssa at the beginning, with her stowing away on his ship wouldn't really work if she was a much older woman. Even her hanging out with the diablos gang would be less likely the older she got. Her orphan kinship and relationship with Dana, is based on them meeting at a very young age. Loss of parents is a common theme that unites all of them, and many scenes just wouldn't work if the girls were 25 or 35 for example:

Eg Dana breaking down and lamenting not knowing her parents, and feeling jealousy towards Calara.

Rachel still being so traumatised by the loss of her mother, and snapping after the flashback with the pirates.

TeflerTeflerover 7 years agoAuthor
Re: metallicscorpio

Thanks for your kind words. Glad you're enjoying the story so far! :-)

It looks like Chapter 53 is still being moderated, so Thursday might be more likely if the site is slow to approve.

Lucka478Lucka478over 7 years ago
@ Benuver

I totally agree with you man. If this was a story about a perverted old man that broke young girls with drugs, torture, rape or controlled upbringing I would give the story 1 * and stop reading. Alas it is not but despite you thinking so you reached ch. 52.

This is a story about a somewhat parasitic alien sentient that resembles a man. An alien whos race genetically engineered entire other races to serve them, a race that sees other as animals to use in labor or war as they see fit, a race that seems to have to have the desire to dominate, control and subjugate hardcoded in their DNA. But an alien that was somehow raised with human morality and standards, that knows the difference between right and wrong, who didn't "brainnwash" any of the girls against their will (well maybe Alyssa but that was because lack of knowledge not malicious intent) and who tried to do as much good with the situation he is in as he could, at least until now.

What this story is , as I see it at this moment, a sci-fi dr jekyll and mr hyde with lots of girls , sex and spaceships.A great story that received 5* from me each and every Ch.

PussyLickersRusPussyLickersRusover 7 years ago
Mr(s). B

"but you can't really stop people thinking what they think or prevent other people from sharing it." Ummmm...your own statement about policing implies otherwise (on the prevention part anyway).

Seems your logic is flawed there....no offense. And the attempt to bargain about leaving your post up is further proof he actually can prevent you. Kind of hard to take you seriously when the argument you give has blaring logical flaws in it and/or is emotionally based.

Perhaps you could just either stop reading his story or, even better, allow yourself to enjoy a bit of rather extremely well written fantasy in a manner for which it is intended (entertainment anyone)?

Continuing to read it when you seem to despise it so much is probably an issue into which you need to delve on a personal basis with a licensed therapist....not here on this board. Just a thought anyway.

PussyLickersRusPussyLickersRusover 7 years ago
Mr(s). B

"This shit really happens because some guys with the opportunity and support of their culture act out this fantasy in real life. Rape is a crime and harmful, incest is a crime and harmful (because it often involves children)....and....child brides are harmful.

Just drawing a parallel."

A parallel to what? Certainly not the story's protagonist. Neither John nor Progen John are guilty of ANY of those things in this storyline. The only ones who are/were potentially guilty were pirates or mercs who were brought to justice by John/Progen John. Which SHOULD be something you could support, according to your obvious religious orientation.

Again, the logic of your argument leaves much to be desired. What you are saying makes no sense. It almost seems you have some unrelated, personal, internal struggle within yourself that is causing you to displace attributes and/or actions where they do not belong.

ldmoore47ldmoore47over 7 years ago
Nice story

Hello Tefler, I love your story. Many of the readers that comment do a lot of speculation. Especially with John, progenitor John and Irillith.

Most of the readers look at John and progenitor John as two different individuals with two different personalities, but I see the mess one in the same. John going through super progenitor. Puberty. Now we look at the changes in John’s behavior. In the first combat situations progenitor John did not emerge into the girls or either John was seriously injured. We will call this reactive because progenitor John reacting to the situation. That evil progenitor (as everyone calls him) is not really evil. Instead of being reactive he has become proactive to protect the girls and John from serious injury. As seen at the mercenary base, when having to deal seriously with Irillith.

I don’t know if the author did this on purpose or accidentally. I do all the readers that are commenting no one come minute on this action. When Irillith mentally submitted to John by thinking that she should drop down on her knees and worship his manhood while he was removing the collar from around her neck and John verbally responded with not now but soon.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
@PLRus

The term you are referencing is projection. And agreed, I was very tempted to put in an entire counter-argument against this but I decide not to prod as i was feeling rather combative.

@B making emotional connections between those very real world problems and what is going on in the story is not logical. Please use your logic, understand the limitations of the situation, and see real connection. Not these blind assertions. You'll be able to persuade more people in the longer run and avoid all of this backlash that you seem to hate so much by not making yourself look like an overzealous crybaby. Btw, there are no actual full blown connection between this story and your accusations.

Shadow

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Lucka478 + Shadow + Metallicscorpio on BENUWER

Metallicscorpio. Yes it is a great story line and very creative. Key point it's a story.

Lucka478 Great analogy with Jekyll and Hyde. Another good story.

Anon Shadow. Good that you held back responding because you felt combative. I guess in part because you saw the weird side of getting upset about a Sci Fi story on an adult site.

So Benuwer. Maybe you need to go and read other stories that do not offend your sensibilities

The other Dave.

XentianXentianover 7 years ago
Next chapter

Looks like ch53 is through the first round of moderation!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
New Ship?

Invictus seems like it will keep getting souped up like a dope dealing teenager's Honda Civic but I wonder what Dana could do starting from scratch?

Invictus was always much better than a Honda Civic of course but seeing Ashanath saucers, Maliri Cruisers, and now Trankaran's ships, I bet Dana would blow John for a chance to build a completely new ship.

maddictmaddictover 7 years ago
Picking fights ?

Are progens adversary to themselves, and what happened to them ?

John is really going darkside. I like the teenager progen comparison!

Shadow man is back, looking forward to his demise.

The AI resembles a smurf and a troll doll.

I think Irillith is going to be banged hard, its just a matter of when. No armour No chastity thong....*~*

So much for the future, this Trankara civil war is right from eàrth or Syria, terrible fighting.

As allways so very many smart, sharp, and insightful comments

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Chap 53..

Too close..yet too faaaarrr.. how many levels of moderation are in there exactly. Just refreshing the screen every other minute..

Yup.. tomorrow is indeed gonna be a pretty long day..sans any sleep..N loads of excitement..followed by a longing.. hungry for more.

Keep writing Tefler.. the entire series has been an amazing read..loved every minute of it..including the characterization n attention to detail. You've nailed it with this series..n you shud go pro n publish it..into a real book. To make it more commercially viable, you might have to make changes to it however, the writing is crisp n lovely. A few inspirations are unmistakable though.. like the premise is based on The legends of the Galaxy.. with an alien Hero from a human mom (John)..the green heroine (Jade)..the spaceship..the adventures..of course..am not complaining..love what ur doing with ur imagination..looking forward for more..Another fan-boy here..! Keep up the good work mate!

TeflerTeflerover 7 years agoAuthor

Once a chapter has been through the first round of moderation, it's usually up on the site early the next day. Hopefully you should be able to read Chapter 53 tomorrow morning.

Tefler

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Morning..?

Tef.. plz define morning? Do you mean the Trankaran morning..Or the Maliri one or the Terran one..? Hehe.. well..I've got no better work to do I guess to muse through until the Chapter is up. :(

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Awww man

I hoped the new chapter would be up today :( And Etaski is late on a release too. You are fantasy writers! can't you just rewrite how time works in this universe?!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Definition of morning.

Morning for the purposes of the story being posted generally means 12am-2:30am in my experience, generally leaning towards the former, note that often it will be available even if you can't see it on Tefler's page, you may have to manually enter the story link: (https://www.literotica.com/s/three-square-meals-ch-53) Is what it would be, often from the time the link is available, it still takes some time for it to be shown on Tefler's page.

P.s. Thanks for the great read 97% fully impressed with it, i don't mind the wait and for one im massively impressed at the rate you are churning out your work. wright at the pace you feel comfortable with and don't think you need to rush a chapter for your fans. (In my opinion)

PussyLickersRusPussyLickersRusover 7 years ago
Ahem:

Is it up yet? LOL

benuwerbenuwerover 7 years ago
and the winner is Lucka478

Bravo. That is how you respond while acknowledging the other as a person. You, I would love to meet in real life.

The only assumption was that I have read to Ch 52. ;) never assume that when the comments are lively. Regardless, thank you for your thoughts. That is the drop of humanity I was looking for.

PussyLickersRusPussyLickersRusover 7 years ago
Mr(s). B

"That is the drop of humanity I was looking for."

Huh? Sheesh, how sophomoric can a person be? From me alone you have been treated well. And others have been even more kind. Especially considering your illogical posts.

benuwerbenuwerover 7 years ago

Since you need the lesson spelled out for you, pussy, here:

"He who shows compassion and offers dignity to an adversary shows humanity."

Tef accepted the offer. Lucka478 demonstrated humanity. Game's over, sweetcheeks.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
is it up yet

anyone else camping the site waiting for the next release

george41george41over 7 years ago
When it goes live

It should be live 40 minutes since it is 10:20mm where I am, and they usually go live at 11pm my time.

TektTektover 7 years ago
5150

This waiting is driving me CRAZY!

BlackWolfDraBlackWolfDraover 7 years ago
I can't make it!

Oh man I tried to make to the NEW chapter but my eyes are losing the will to see. :-( so close at 0048 eastern time. Damn it. Lol

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
it's up!

https://www.literotica.com/s/three-square-meals-ch-53

JoTaKuSanJoTaKuSanabout 7 years ago
why john is not fighting back?

i am sorry tefler but i thought that you were telling the story of a strong character with the heart of gold. and i don't just mean fiscal strong but mentally strong. i don't understand why there is no hint or try to fight back the progenitor-john. i really don't like that its taking over without much of a fight.

i am sorry i really like the characters and the world you created but i cannot continue watching a good person fall into darkness without fighting for his soul.

Horseman68Horseman68about 7 years ago
Welcome Faye!

We seem to have added another cute little female to our little band. Wonder what adventures and relationships will await her in this evolving saga.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
On the Trankarans...

If the Trankarans are silicon based lifeforms, and they breathe oxygen... Wouldn't they exhale silicon dioxide? Like, you know, glass? Seems like that could cause problems...

Other than that, loving the story. Very well written. And the Trankarans build their ships the same way I build mine! With ALL THE ARMOR!!! (and/or engines cuz mobility is neat).

Now to binge-read the next thirty-odd chapters...

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
@jotakusan:

Do not worry about John. As with any internal power-struggle, what can be seen on the surface is no more than a slight ripple, if anything at all. Keep reading to find out what happens next...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Very impressed

In the last 5 days I’ve read friends m chapter 1 to here. I’m hooked! It’s like a hentai cartoon with the cum inflation and the one chapter with the egg laying, a video game with the missions and leveling up powers/ abilities, with many other elements of mind control, sci-fi, sex, great sex, more sex, alien sex,’great alien sex..... I’m loving it!

And now it’s time for questions.

1. With all the technology they are acquiring, they’re still only layering it on top of an old frame. At some point that frame, the invictus itself , will not be able to handle the stress. I think that once they have a better understanding of space craft design they are going to have to design and build a new generation of ship. The Invictus 2 class?

2. John is changing, both his personality and physical abilities. Now in the beginning of the story, the girls changed to his personal preferences in body type, sexuality, personalities, intelligence, etc. As he changes, will he next girl or girls he gets reflect those changes he's experienced? He’s darker, more brutal, and less forgiving. More cunning, direct, cold even, and less altruistic, caring, empathetic to others. Will that crossover to the next girl he aquires?

3. I wonder about the genetic modification that some species have been t. It seems that it’s been a trial and error thing to where, so far, either the Maliri or Nymphs seem to be the most modified. It appears that it’s the progenitors that did this. And perhaps so in the cas of the Maliri, but what about the progenitors themselves? Did they modify themselves? I would think that they would have to in order to mate with so many species for one. But what if they created monsters of themselves and that’s why as John opens up more of the progenitor genes he’s becoming more evil? 🤔

I can’t wait to see what you do next

Thank you Tefler and respectfully,

JAFCritic on literotica

Horseman68Horseman68over 5 years ago
Again, Welcome Faye.

Once again on the second read, the lovely Faye joins the crew. Bravo.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Troubled times

If the assassin on the "Gothic throne" watched the holo-net news he would think again.

There he goes again, biting off more than a mouthful. My, my, my.

"Peace and stability" ??? whats up with Lion. These growing pains might lead to disaster.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

I love this young and innocent Faye, hugs and kisses!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Has anybody noted that ever since the psychic attack by Edreale (when Alyssa saved him without him knowing) John seems to be losing control more and more?

Just my observation.

Frighten Friday wants to jump his "bones". But he already has a five star harem. She don't stand a chance.

Michael56SmithMichael56Smithover 2 years ago

John can only hold out for a short while, then the sweet and innocent AI, Faye, will win him over,.. welcome my dear perky purple pixie,.. the Invictus is your new home,.. ;-) TTFN

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I'm tired of this plot hole here. I understand The writer might be trying to make the readers forget about something, but there should be a reason for this. Alyssa wanted to learn about astro-navigation, so she studied and practiced and became great at it. She learned she could hear John's thoughts and started practicing to extend the range. She wanted to learn to fire a weapon so she practiced. She learned to shape with the psi shaper and without and she practiced. She learned she can move things with her mind and she started to practice. She learns how to send her spirit out of her body and she....... oh wait? Ignores that this happened? No going back to doing it again. She remembers doing it, even told the girls that looking through her hand was weird.

Seems to me that she blames the problem(of John's progenitor side showing up) on meeting Illirith. But The problems didnt start until....... oh right the spirit thing. When Illirith's mother did something(knull zone) and knocked Allyssa unconcious.

I'm guessing that they will get back to the spirit thing. Maybe she has to be in the right situtation? Like Jade feels a tingle when she can do something new. Allysa felt a tingle and went with it. Its weird she never even tried it though......

Michael56SmithMichael56Smithalmost 2 years ago

Please consider this Anonymous, ... should Alyssa go into the Astral again and ***SPOILER*** notice that John now has a hole/crack in his mental shield that bad ole Progenitor John can use to gain greater access to the 'real' world, and control of our good John's body (like he had done with the Cyborg Pirate, the Drakker, and the Massive Mushroom Monster), ... So, PJ gives Alyssa a command not to enter the astral again, and causes her to forget that he gave her the command. Voila, no more threat of discovery. ;-) TTFN

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Potentially homicidal, sharp tempered A.I. is aboard the Invictus 😓 😱 and almost everyone is blase about it 😖

It's so 'cute' 'adorable' .... until a fatal slip of the tongue, then 💥

skippersdadskippersdadover 1 year ago

I think they will keep the AI and dump the Milerii

ranec1ranec1over 1 year ago
Mean As!!

chur m8 awsum story

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

but last page

Chancellor Niskera smiled, and said, "My apologies, our unexpected and lovely guest has me so distracted, I have been impolite." Turning to her left, she nodded respectfully to the armoured Trankaran, and said, "This is our Naval Commander, Fleet Warden Thandrun."

texstertexsterabout 1 year ago
Join the chorus of disappointed John-watchers

I strongly dislike the storyline that continues to slowly drag out PJ’s takeover…It takes away my ability to root for him, which is crucial to enjoying the series. I understand the plot arc is meant to be a challenge for John, but his actions as PJ are beyond redemption, and that’s frustrating because I really enjoyed the series up to this point, and I’m genuinely torn about whether to keep going. I’ll read 53 and then decide.

ranec1ranec112 months ago
Mean As!!

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

"What are you two doing?" the diminutive sylph-like digital construct asked, as it stared at them curiously.

Ta-Da and here she is AND she will be back

Michael56SmithMichael56Smith11 months ago

I am loving watching Faye grow / blossom / get cuter all the time, .... I have reread this series a few times and I just love Faye, .... Perky Purple Pixie Power! ... ;-) ttfn

Michael56SmithMichael56Smith11 months ago

I am loving watching Faye grow / blossom / get cuter all the time, .... I have reread this series a few times and I just love Faye, .... Perky Purple Pixie Power! ... ;-) ttfn

Michael56SmithMichael56Smith10 months ago

I have read and re-read this series several times now, ... note: In this chapter, #52, PJ introduces Irillith as Maliri to Niskera and Fleet Warden Thandrun, yet many chapters later, the Fleet Warden is surprised by the amazing Maliri revelation of what is under their armor, .... Tef just can't remember everything, ....

-- and little Faye is sure cute, ... ;-) ttfn

ranec1ranec19 months ago
WHERE IS IT!!

patiently waiting for the yellow N

Michael56SmithMichael56Smith5 months ago

I really like the dedicated, rock faced and boulder tits Chancellor Niskera, .... and I am falling in love with the adorable little purple pixie, ... while Tef has Faye (subconsciously?) discovering that John and his girls (especially Dana and Rachel) to be the family she instinctively knows she needed, she is falling in love with them, ... ;-) ttfn

VadarVadar4 months ago

SPOILER ALERT FOR THIS COMMENT. This great story vs cold reality...

Possessing 4 testicles would not produce a greater volume of ejaculate.

Testicles produce sperm and hormones - notably testosterone. So 4 balls would presumably produce more of each of these. Making the proud owner both virile, potent, and very fertile. (I don't know, I think I only have three... and haven't checked.)

Most of the seminal fluid comes from other places, notably the prostate, seminal vesicles and other glands.

Maybe extras here would increase semen volume - which is, contrary to fiction and some fake porn, only about a teaspoon worth normally.

/END SPOILER ALERT

Great yarn anyway and wonderfully imaginative.

Many thanks for the great entertainment.

Michael56SmithMichael56Smith2 months ago

Rock brothern, Glowing Queen(s), and an adorable little purple pixie, ... our author is likely a little bit coo-coo for coco puffs, ... maybe? ;-) ttfn

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userTefler@Tefler
Please see my Patreon page for the current progress on Three Square Meals. (I usually announce it here in the comments on the last chapter too!) https://www.patreon.com/user?u=3814558 I've added empire maps, as well as pics of the ships, guns, gear, and girls! *** ...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES