All Comments on 'Through the Fire Pt. 04'

by other2other1

Sort by:
  • 78 Comments
Kryms1nKryms1n11 days ago

Awesome to hear that you’re thinking about being published! Here’s hoping it goes well for you

froggytreefroggytree11 days ago

Great story, and best of luck with your other work!

francemanfranceman11 days ago

Your initial idea for this story was really brilliant: the life of a man disfigured by burns, his place in society, the way others look at him, his resentments and, above all, his evolution.

On the other hand, I found that the development of this idea lacked a great deal of maturity.

Both the events and the characters were reminiscent of a teenager's adventure, not that of an adult approaching thirty.

The most striking example is Dumont's character. While she's one of the world's most famous models, and while there must be some more or less obsessive or stalker-like people ............ you focus your story on a schoolyard rivalry.

Bronco56Bronco5611 days ago

Fabulous story. I enjoyed reading it albeit with a box of tissues. Much good luck with your future writings to be published. 5stars

woodrangewoodrange11 days ago

made me cry, made me laugh, another great story.

bhill8671bhill867111 days ago
It was

Well worth the wait. Well done, well done indeed.

JiZenJiZen11 days ago

Thank you so much for this series. Keep them coming please...

DrtywrdsmithDrtywrdsmith11 days ago

Beautiful ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Nasty56Nasty5611 days ago

Another great ‘OTHER” tale!

Boyd PercyBoyd Percy11 days ago

Just like your other stories, the ending was very satisfying!

5

6King6King11 days ago

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Ravenwolf13Ravenwolf1311 days ago

Well done aii around.

VickiT375VickiT37511 days ago

Just wonderfully beautiful

LeRoyEdwardsLeRoyEdwards11 days ago

Very well done!!!

Corny1974Corny197411 days ago

I am on record as being a big fan of yours - I even mentioned it at the beginning of one of my efforts.

However this story is the one that has got me checking to see if the next part had arrived like none before. I loved it. I don't cry easily, Mr Other, but I have cried with this.

I understand those issues that sometimes overwhelm us all too well. I send my best regards to you and your wife. When you publish, I'll be at the front of the queue.

Thank you.

Bigsarge89Bigsarge8911 days ago

Another great one. Wishing you the best and great success in your further writing.

IC_Thru_UIC_Thru_U11 days ago

Perfect ending. Story came together with a nice little bow. I'm glad this story fell into the romance category rather than the LW, it fits better here. Not a big fan of LW. Hope you don't forget of your Lit fans when you go on to different ventures. Your a great writer and I look forward to seeing more of your works.

FlamethrowFlamethrow11 days ago

DuMont finally got what he deserved. A pathetic little man who let a foolish childhood issue cloud his thinking and judgment.

And Brian found his dream woman and happiness in his life. Great story and thanks for the effort

AnonymousAnonymous11 days ago

Wonderful!!

As an Aussie myself I find there are not many here on Lit, but those I've found seem to be very good & I class you with them!

Looking forward to whatever you bring our way, Thanks heaps for sharing with us all.

AnonymousAnonymous11 days ago

WONDERFUL, 10 stars is't enough. Betty Other, the super model got hers, and so did Brian. 4 wonderful kids (not 2 adopted), and love from each other, always. Now, mum and dad are ready for grandchildren from their 2 oldest kids! WONDERFUL, you are better than excellent!!

bigbob2406bigbob240611 days ago

Wonderful story.Thank you very much!!

Calico75Calico7511 days ago

Excellent! So glad you are still writing for us, Mr. Other.

RimmerdalRimmerdal11 days ago

Just a great series. Wonderful ending.

JBird11JBird1110 days ago

Loved.the.entire.series, well done. I did feel the final chapter felt rushed, but otherwise really enjoyed. Thanks for sharing.

AlluredAllured10 days ago

What a pleasure to read your stories. Thank you sir.

JH4FunJH4Fun10 days ago
Great Series.

This was a great series. I have always enjoyed the way you weave your tales. This one is right up there with your best productions.

Thanks for creating such a lovely tale.

Heep Writing

JH4Fun

xhristianjxhristianj10 days ago

All I can say is.....wish fulfillment much 😂❤️

pepepilotpepepilot10 days ago

Congratulations on another great story. I don't know what other kudo I can add to those that preceded me, that can raise you stories to a higher level in the sight of others. I have found, that you are one of the few Literotica authors that I get mad at the end of each chapter as I'm never ready for them to end. The way you write and draw the reader into the "real life" story is amazing. I can't wait for your next offering!

muddman74muddman7410 days ago

Thanks for another wonderful story, John. Like your other works, I have enjoyed it tremendously. I do have a question though. I'm a US citizen and I am wondering if a statement in your story is a confusion for me between US and Aussie English or just an improper use of a word. In the story is the following sentence: "At first, I was a little weary, I was concerned that Tony was just leading Sonia on to humiliate my daughter much like DuMont had done to me years ago." In the US, the word "weary" means tired, but the word "wary" means cautious and the word "leery or leary" mean suspicious or wary. Is it the same way down in Oz? I understood the meaning you wanted to convey, but was wondering if that was a mistake or it is something that has a bit different meaning where you live? Not criticizing though, great series man. And when you decide to publish elsewhere, please let us know where and under what name you will be publishing your stories. I've bought several stories of people here off of Amazon to have copies of them and support their writing efforts.

HarleyRider1955HarleyRider195510 days ago

This was a story that had me enthralled and anxiously waiting for the next chapter. The writing was awesome and kept me wanting more. I look forward to your future work. 5 stars all the way. Thank you.

Tim_the_cajunTim_the_cajun10 days ago

Beautiful story. Thanks for sharing.

steppinontoessteppinontoes10 days ago

Another fantastic story

DazzyDDazzyD10 days ago

You are in my top 10 of favorites!

jblogsjblogs10 days ago

Great story - well done !!

ncpetencpete10 days ago

Very down to earth and realistic. Well thought out and written. The issues and hardships involved with the significantly burned victims when dealing with others can be very traumatic. You did a very good job portraying some of that. It was heart moving and brought both smiles and tears at times. I am looking forward to your next post. Thanks for sharing your hard work and imagination with us.

jlg07jlg0710 days ago

Spectacular as usual. Love your characters. They are always strong people. Looking forward to your next story! 5*

AnonymousAnonymous10 days ago

Through the Fire had a major impact on me. Each time you write your stories I can't wait to read them and they leave me appreciating what I have. A loving wife. Good friends. Many years ago while in university, I was friends with a young man who had burns over most of his body. At different times he asked me to put the lotion on his back when his nurse was unable to do so. I never saw him again after I left to pursue my passion and my dream job. I want to thank you for this story. It brings home that "beauty is in the eye of the beholder" and that those who don't see the true beauty of those who have suffered greatly will never know what beauty is. That the survivors of the horrors of life are the true heroes. K

AnonymousAnonymous10 days ago

Sensitive, informative, educational, and a very good read.

Thank you, So Much 0201

consulting91consulting9110 days ago

A perfect story and thank you so much for sharing it with us. I can’t wait to read the next series.

RanDog025RanDog02510 days ago

I loved your story Mr. Other! I've taken notice that your writing is on a parallel with my most favorite Author and that is only because he writes my favorite genre, Sci Fi! No, I'm really not into all the sex starved stories here at Literotica, I'm just a lover of great stories, like your stories. Thank you that you still are writing and keeping us entertained with excellent stories such as yours. You are set apart from 99% of the Authors here! I hope you catch your break here soon because you deserve it! Again, thank you for another OTHER Tale. 5 BIG ASS HUGE STARS!

GardenshedGardenshed10 days ago

Very good story, well written and will be reading this again in the future. Thanks for sharing

5⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

cybercrittercybercritter10 days ago

John,

As always, you continue to exceed my expectations. You’re writing is heartfelt and well thought out. I’m one of many you mentioned that your stories helped get through hard times.

I continue to reread many of your works. I look forward to many more.

When you do get published, and I say when not if, please let us know. I will be the first to buy the book,

As always and with much admiration, thank you for sharing a little bit of you.

Cybercritter

AnonymousAnonymous10 days ago

A beautiful ending to the tale

AardieAardie10 days ago

You did it again with saga, but at least I wasn’t crying this chapter. I’m so glad you made this a romance and not a loving wives story. That would have killed the poor guy.

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bc10 days ago

Usual quick ending, but still loved the series. 4.4* for this chapter - 4.7* for the entire series.

WhoGivesAShitWhoGivesAShit10 days ago

Extremely well done. In the end it’s syrupy sweet, but it was fitting. Writing from inside the head of a man badly disfigured and emotionally broken, must have been difficult at times. Having a good woman by his side is a big confidence booster for any man.

Diecast1Diecast110 days ago

A great story, love it. AAAAAA++++++

BulldogfortyfourBulldogfortyfour10 days ago

Excellent! Hated it had to come to a conclusion.

🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

CpdtpCpdtp9 days ago

Good job, John, and I hope things improve for you this year.

uboat1uboat19 days ago

Wow. What an impressive story. In such a short period you had my emotions totally in your hands.

I am a fan and will follow your talents.

Thank you for sharing you abilities.

AnonymousAnonymous9 days ago

Truly enjoy your work.

AngelRiderAngelRider9 days ago

Rushed but I liked it a whole lot

AnonymousAnonymous9 days ago

Another incredible story. Best of luck in your professional writing attempts.

Flyer0124Flyer01249 days ago

Just keep writing. I love all your tales

AnonymousAnonymous9 days ago

Speaking as one who's life is a constant turmoil , I have 2 simple words.

Thank You.

vanyevanye9 days ago

Wonderful story, though I was confused on how DuMont was a schoolmate of Brian's if he was French -was it a case of dual citizenship?

Your (ha) editors need to refresh themselves on your vs you're. You consistently had the wrong one the entire time.

Good story, though. Thanks for sharing.

robbo069robbo0699 days ago

A really good read across all 4 chapters.

tsgtcapttsgtcapt9 days ago

Thank you for a wonderful story! My wife loved it, also. Yeah, there were a few grammaticals and such; but, I don't believe they detracted from the overall effect. Please continue to improve health wise. Also, keep up posted on new releases and where any other postings might be made. Thank you.

Fireguy1956Fireguy19569 days ago

What a wonderful story. But then, everything that you have written that I have read is truly great. You have a great gift my friend. I can’t wait to read your next story.

Omart57Omart579 days ago

Well done , Mr O! Thank you for writing!

Ravey19Ravey198 days ago

Nicely finished off.

Freddog6601Freddog66018 days ago

Excellent piece. Thank you for not putting it in the LW cesspool.

AnonymousAnonymous8 days ago

Thanks for a uplifting story. We all need hope.

Caldwel2Caldwel28 days ago

I’m not a crier. I did cry over this story. All of us who had to endure teasing in school for physical attributes can relate, both to the pain the MC felt and hopefully to the love he received from a select few. I’ve now read most of your stories; you have a gift for catching human emotions in print. Bravo!

AnonymousAnonymous7 days ago

Wonderful, beautiful and romantic story. Definitely 💯 percent deserve a five star ✨✨✨✨✨ ratings for the whole series.. sincerely from Singapore

xhristianjxhristianj5 days ago

So a super model falls in love with a severe burn victim because of his personality? Except the MC has a shit personality from the years of abuse and torment. So does that mean Super Model chick is severely co-defendant, has major self esteem issues or is altruistic to the Saintliness level?

You see for a story to make sense it needs to make sense. I don't cars who the fuck you are or how wonderful your personality. If your suffering from severe burns to most of your body YOU LOOK LIKE SHIT 😂😂😂

AnonymousAnonymous4 days ago

xhristianj seems t have some problems.

If he thinks the MC has a **** personality, he either cannot read or he has a very warped view of life.

The story shows that from the time he was a child he was a very special person with a wonderful personality.

xhristianj, you say the story makes no sense, but others of us find it makes prefect sense. That makes it obvious the problem is not with the story, but with one specific reader, you.

What is sad is that someone may miss this wonderful story because of you negative review. hope that does not happen.

Covert43Covert433 days ago

Damn, burn victim marries supermodel, women sense I’m retarded and walk to the other side street

AnonymousAnonymous3 days ago

That’s it? 6 yrs imprisonment and back to France for some privacy violation charges, after everything Dumont has done, that’s all he gets… this goes against my nature and I don’t care if it’s cruel but other2other1, you’re a pussy who delights in creating horror stories for their main characters but giving the villains pretty much a slap on the wrist, wtf is wrong with you?!?

Alright_alright_alrightAlright_alright_alright2 days ago

You had till the ultra happy ending

AnonymousAnonymous2 days ago

I thought that this story was a brilliant and very tastefully done work of fiction that highlighted some of the problems of people who have been disfigured and was an appeal for understanding from the rest of us; as true 5!

I like the comment by the site owner: :The best way to support the authors on this site is to let them know what you think of their work, or just tell them hello and let them know you are a reader."

Obviously a recent commentator had a different view: "...other2other1, you’re a pussy who delights in creating horror stories for their main characters but giving the villains pretty much a slap on the wrist, wtf is wrong with you?!?"

My, My, My! someone is a very angry person! Fortunately this person is all knowing.

1) He knows French law and French sentencing practices and that O2O1 got that all wrong.

2) He knowns all the stories presented here by O2O1 and has brilliantly analyzed them to find the villains all get off with too much leniency. [Must have some how missed Guilty Until Proven Innocent -"The brothers have each received multiple life sentences."]

3) He is so all-wise without meeting or talking with O2O1 he has successfully psychoanalyzed the author.

Guess it sounds like the commentator is projecting his own faults unto others.

AnonymousAnonymous1 day ago

I so love your stories. They are creative and draw you in. Ignore the haters, they are jealous of your talent.

biggoomba3biggoomba31 day ago

Great series! I have thoroughly enjoyed reading your stories, and look forward to reading more. When you become a published author outside of Literotica, please let your fans know how to connect with your works. Thanks.

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbiman1 day ago

Excellent as most of your stories are. Thanks for your time and effort in writing them.

MarrttyMarrttyabout 19 hours ago

I really enjoy your work. Most stories are excellent.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 hours ago

Loved the image of Brian kicking DuMont in the balls, I gave a fist pump yes whe he did

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userother2other1@other2other1
I am just you’re average Aussie guy, I have a wonderful family, I enjoy a rum and coke, driving my Mustang (which my kids also love) and I own a couple of businesses. I work with a few different editors, but note that my mistakes are my own as I like to tinker after an edit. ...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES