Through Tragedy Comes Love

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Of course, with the start of the school year comes the holiday season, and that was rough for all of us. Emily and I were depressed that it was only us. Thanksgiving and Christmas were both quiet and sombre affairs.

The new year gave us a real reason to celebrate though. Emily graduated high school. The official word came in the second week of February, a week after completing her exams. Though I had promised to send Emily on a trip as a graduation present, neither she nor I wanted her to go anywhere. Instead, I decided to take her out for an evening on the town. We agreed to go on the next Friday.

***

1

I finished tying my tie, looking in the mirror over the fireplace, before sitting on the couch to wait for Emily to come downstairs.

"I'll be ready in just a moment," Emily yelled out.

Ava looked up at me from where she was playing on the floor with her dolls and asked, "When is bab-ee sit-her comin'?"

I smiled at her. "Babysitter," I corrected her pronunciation while I looked at my watch. "She should be here any minute," I answered her question.

One of Emily's friend's younger sisters, from across the street, had a babysitting business, and I hired her to look after Ava while we were out.

I heard Emily coming down the stairs. I stood up and turned to look at her. My breath caught.

Emily was stunningly beautiful. She was wearing a full-length, royal blue, A-line sleeveless dress, with white pumps, and a long white shawl over her shoulders. Her hair was hanging loose with slight curls in it. She was putting in her last earring as she came down, and when she looked at me, there was a twinkle in her vivid blue eyes.

"What?" she asked, raising her eyebrow.

I realized my mouth was hanging open. "Um, sorry. You're beautiful."

She blushed slightly and looked down. "Thank you."

The doorbell rang, and I answered the door.

"Hey, Madison. C'mon in." I stood aside so she could enter.

After going over what Ava could or couldn't have, when her bedtime is, and where the emergency numbers are, Emily and I got ready to go.

"So, Madison here's forty dollars so you can order a pizza or something. If you have any trouble, just give me a call."

Ava was hanging off of Madison as she took the money from me, and they both had a big smile on their faces. "Thank you, Mr. Smith. I think Ava and I will have a good time tonight."

"Don't have too much fun now," I said, pulling on my suit jacket.

Emily and I both kissed Ava, before walking out to the car. The car still had the new car smell. Not wanting to have to take Emily out with my work truck, I bought a Toyota C-HR to replace Sarah's wrecked van.

I walked with Emily to the passenger side of the car and opened the door for her.

"Why thank you, good sir," she said smiling.

"My pleasure Mademoiselle."

Once we were both in the car, I started the engine and pulled out onto the road. "So, Miss Graduate, where do you want to go for dinner?"

"Um, how about that steakhouse you like? What's it called? The Keg?"

I nodded my agreement.

It was a short drive to the restaurant, which was spent in companionable silence.

There was a stark difference between Emily and Sarah. Sarah would have been talking constantly as we drove, and I loved to hear her, and talk with her about whatever topic she chose. With Emily though, we spoke, and meaningfully, but we were both just happy to share each other's presence as well.

I pulled into the parking spot and got out of the car. I walked to the front waiting for Emily, but I didn't hear her door open. When I looked back at the car, she was still sitting in her seat, looking at me with one eyebrow raised.

I smiled and walked around to the passenger side and opened her door.

She smiled before saying, "About time."

"I beg your forgiveness, Mademoiselle."

She got out and when the door was closed, she took my arm. Together we walked into the restaurant.

Emily ordered the filet mignon with a tea, and I had the steak and lobster, with a glass of wine. I could see her eyeing my wine, and though I was fine with her having a glass, the restaurant would never serve her.

It was a lovely dinner. We spent the time talking about how well Emily had done in school. By being forced to take an extra semester she was able to raise her average and graduate with honours.

Neither of us brought up the future or the past. There was too much uncertainty and hurt with those topics. Instead, we just stayed in the now, simply enjoying each other's company.

It seemed like dinner lasted only a few moments, but when I looked at my watch while I paid for our meal, we had been there for two hours.

Emily took my arm again as we walked out to the car. This time, however, I led her to the driver's door.

She looked at me questioningly, and I simply held out the keys to her.

"Are you seriously giving me the car?"

I hadn't thought of giving her the car until she'd asked. Though I had only had two glasses of wine and was probably okay to drive, I didn't want to chance it. I was just going to let her drive, but the way her face lit up, made my heart melt.

"Of course, I am." I smiled. "You deserve it, and you'll need it to get places."

She screamed, jumping up wrapping her arms and legs around me, her dress riding up her toned legs. I almost lost my balance but was able to wrap my arms around her and take a step to not fall in the snow. And then she truly caught me by surprise. She kissed me.

This kiss was not a kiss that would have been shared by most siblings.

Her warm soft lips pressed into mine, and my lips melted against hers. I felt her tongue lightly graze along my lips before she pulled away and looked into my eyes.

"I love you, Chris. I hope you know that."

To say I was surprised by her actions, was an understatement, and my heart was pounding because of them. Her words, though, truly hit me in the feels.

"I love you too, Emily."

She gave me another quick yet affectionate kiss before returning to her own two feet and fixing her dress. I could still feel the warmth where she had been hanging on me. She let me open the door for her, and we headed back to the road, Emily at the wheel.

I didn't know what to think about that kiss we shared. It had been more than eight months since I had felt any sort of intimate contact and the kiss made me realize how much I missed the feeling of a woman.

The traffic light turned red, and Emily brought the car to a stop. She looked at me. "What now? Where do you want to go?"

"Well, tonight's your celebration. What do you want to do?" I replied.

"How about we go dancing? Is there someplace we can do that?"

My opinion on dancing hadn't changed over the years, but I quickly agreed. "Sure. If you turn left at the next light, there is a club a few blocks up."

The light changed and Emily took us to the club. We had to drive around the block to find a parking spot. As we walked Emily took my hand and stayed close to my side. The line was moving quickly and before we could get a chill in the February evening air, we were in the club surrounded by dancing people and thumping music.

We were overdressed compared to most of the other people at the club, but Emily didn't seem to care. Her eyes were bright trying to take in everything at once. She led the way to one of the tables along the periphery of the dance floor.

Before we had even seated ourselves, a serving lady leaned in and asked, "What can I get you to drink?" She had to almost yell it to be heard over the music.

"I'll have a double scotch on the rocks," I yelled back. And the serving lady nodded that she understood, before turning to Emily.

Emily leaned in close to the lady, placing a hand on her arm, and spoke into her ear. I'm not sure what she ordered or said, but the serving lady got a big smile on her face nodding before going to complete our order.

Emily then slid her chair closer to mine and snuggled up against my side while we waited for our drinks. I would have liked to have been able to talk but the music was much too loud to be able to do so comfortably.

The serving lady came back and placed our drink on the table. If I were to guess what Emily's drink was, it was an Arnold Palmer. When I picked up my scotch on the rocks it was a three-finger pour.

"If this is a double, I'm sold!"

It was the smoothest and best-tasting scotch I'd ever had.

Seeing my reaction, Emily smiled at me.

We sat there while we finished our drinks, and as soon as I downed the last of my scotch Emily pulled me out onto the dancefloor. The music was thumping, and the beat pulled at me. We both moved to the beat, Emily more so than me. I was entranced watching her move and gyrate to the music.

She gave coy smiles at me, as we moved, and I watched her. Warmth spread over me, and I wasn't sure if it was from the alcohol, or something else.

We danced through three songs before I bowed out. Emily looked sad but followed me back to the table. Emily caught the eye of the waitress, and it wasn't long before two more drinks were on the table before us.

Emily leaned into me, and said into my ear, "I'm having so much fun. Thank you, Chris. I love you."

I looked over at her, and she was flushed, and her vivid blue eyes were full of emotion. I searched her face, and my eyes settled on her lush lips. The kiss with Emily's arms and legs wrapped around me popped into my mind, and again warm feelings flooded me.

I pulled my eyes away. What is going on? I asked myself and downed my scotch.

When I glanced back at Emily, she was in the process of looking away and had a knowing smile.

She glanced back at me, and her smile changed again to her usual bright smile. "Let's dance again," she said as the music changed once again.

Though I didn't really want to dance more, I nodded my agreement. This was after all her night. I let her lead me back out onto the dance floor.

Through the first song, we danced much as we had the first time. I moved to the beat enough to qualify as dancing and little more. Though I had to admit the alcohol was helping me loosen up some. Emily moved more. I couldn't keep my eyes off of her, and when she would glance over her shoulder at me, she would give me a coquettish smile, and though I couldn't be sure, she would give her butt an extra wiggle.

As the music flowed and changed into the next song, Emily's dance changed again. The music had a harder beat now, with more hard stops. There would be half-second pauses, where many of the dancers would stop their movements to match the beat.

At the second of these pauses, Emily's eyes snapped in my direction. I swallowed from the hungry look in her eyes. The best analogy I can come up with is a hunting cat that has spotted its target. Eyes locked on; butt wiggle ensues before the pounce. And pounce Emily did.

When the steady beat started up again, she strode for me. Her feet impacting the ground in time with the beat, and she was one sexy feline. She walked right up to me and grabbed my tie as the next pause ensued.

I was frozen. I didn't know what to do. I didn't know how to handle this. Not even Sarah, my Amazon woman had done anything like this to me. How am I supposed to handle my sister, out on the hunt with apparently me being the target?

When the beat started again, she pulled me down and kissed me passionately. Her tongue twirled with mine. My body's automatic reactions took over, and I kissed her back. I went to move my arms around her, but she was gone. When I opened my eyes, she was smiling, and just out of reach, her eyes twinkled with mischief.

I couldn't help but smile.

She moved back into me, twisting and turning, gyrating to the music. When she reached me, her hands were on my chest, and she plastered her body against mine. I could feel every millimetre of contact. The heat of her body enraptured me. She ground against me and continued to dance.

As we danced, and she ground against me, my prick began to grow. The fact that it was my sister doing this to me didn't seem to register. As far as my body was concerned there was a sexy eighteen-year-old rubbing against me and making me feel good.

All of a sudden, the music stopped, and the lights came on. It was blindingly disorienting.

The DJ stood up on his platform at the front of the club. "May I have your attention, please. Please all women set your drinks down. There has been a report that a woman's drink has been drugged. We would ask that you please bring your drinks to the bar. It will be replaced free of charge. Thank you."

Even through my alcohol and hormone-fueled high, I was impressed with the club. Even if dancing wasn't my thing, I would be coming back here.

Now that the music was off, we could hear people talking. Most of the conversation was about the reason for the stop in activities. One voice, however, caught Emily's ear.

"Hey beautiful, wanna dance with me when the music starts back up?"

Emily glanced behind us at the man, and his friends. They all looked like they had a few too many and would be feeling it in the morning.

Emily smiled sweetly at them. "No thanks. Even if I did, I think you'd be disappointed. I only dance like that with my boyfriend."

I choked over her words and turned away. I think I actually choked on spit when I inhaled at hearing her words, but whatever.

Emily smiled at me and rubbed my back. She leaned in close and whispered in my ear. "Don't die on me. I couldn't tell them you were my brother, now could I." When my coughing fit ended, she smiled up at me. "Wanna get out of here?"

I glanced at my watch and nodded. "We should probably get home. Madison will be wondering where we are."

Emily nodded and, still clinging to me, we made to leave while the music was still stopped. We were met at the door, by a couple of cops, and after a quick search, we were allowed to leave.

We wandered to the car through the cold night air. The cold air helped to clear my head a bit. The atmosphere of the club was intoxicating without the alcohol.

I noticed Emily shivering as we walked, so I wrapped my arm around her and held her close. She melted into me, sighing contentedly.

When we reached the car, I opened the door for her, and she climbed into the driver's seat. She pulled out onto the road and started our short drive home. It had been a fun evening, and I was hoping that Emily had as much fun as I did.

I was looking out the passenger window when I was caught off guard again. Emily had placed her hand on my upper thigh. She just held it there, drawing little circles with her index finger. I looked over at her, to see what she was thinking, but her focus was on the road.

I shrugged internally. This is tame considering some of the things that she'd been doing to me earlier. The thought alone, of feeling Emily grind on my hard prick on the dance floor was enough to make Mr. Happy stand up again.

I tried to control my thoughts and body. Tried to avert disaster. I failed. My hardon continued to grow, and it crept closer and closer to her hand still drawing circles on my thigh. My pants became tighter and tighter, and then it happened. Emily's fingers grazed my cock. Her fingers stopped their movement briefly but then resumed as though nothing had happened. Only now, she was drawing a figure eight. A loop around my cock head, and a loop where she had been drawing circles.

It was excruciating. She knew what she was doing, and I was paralyzed. My breathing just got heavier, and heavier.

I glanced over at her, and she was ignoring me, aside from her hand, though she wore a smirk.

Finally, she removed her hand to be able to pull into the driveway. When the car was parked, she smiled over at me. "Thank you, Chris. This has been great, and I hope the night isn't done yet."

"Emily--"

Her hand shot to my mouth, cutting me off. She unbuckled and leaned over to me. "Shhh. Don't talk yet. Let's get Madison home. We can talk inside."

I nodded, and she kissed me. "You take care of that--" she said, glancing down. "--I'm going to go in and see how Ava is. When you come in, you can walk Madison home. Okay?"

I nodded, and she kissed me again, before heading into the house.

It took longer than I expected for my erection to subside, but when it finally did, I walked into the house. Madison was sitting on the couch with her stuff on, ready to go.

"Emily said, you were going to walk me home Mr. Smith," Madison said with a smile.

"Yup. Ready?" I nodded my agreement.

I walked Madison home. She only lived two houses down, on the far side of the street, and we were in a safe neighbourhood, but I felt better about making sure she got home safe and sound. Madison's mother, Marcy, was also grateful for the action.

Finally, I walked through the front door and locked it behind me. The lights were low, and the TV was on. Emily smiled at me from the couch, already in her nightie. She had a movie cued up and ready to go. "I thought we could watch a movie. I hope that's all right?" Emily asked with a gleam in her eye.

I smiled back. "Sure. Just let me get changed and look in on Ava."

Emily nodded. "Madison said she was good and had no issues getting her to bed. We had a good long talk actually. You took forever to find your way inside." Emily's eyes gave me a knowing look.

I cleared my throat. I was uncomfortable. Things had been happening between my sister and me all night, and I didn't know how to handle it. "Let me get changed, and we'll watch that movie."

Emily's smile changed from seductress to happy teen again. I breathed a sigh and quickly headed for my bedroom.

I slipped out of and hung up, my suit. Normally I slept in my boxers, but I had pyjama pants for lounging comfortably around the house, or for when we went camping. I pulled on a t-shirt, as I made my way to Ava's room.

I eased the door open and made my way to her toddler princess bed. Ava was curled up on her side and looked the part of a red-haired angel. I brushed a lock of hair out of her face and leaned in and kissed her forehead. "Sleep well, love."

I made my way out of the room and eased the door closed behind me.

***

2

Emily was waiting for me on the couch. She'd made popcorn and grabbed us both a beer. I smiled as I sat down.

As soon as my butt hit the couch, Emily was on the move. She snuggled right up to me and pulled my arm around her. She draped a blanket over us, before putting the popcorn on my lap, and hitting play.

"So, what are we watching," I asked, trying hard not to focus on the soft breast pushing into my side.

She wiggled herself closer. "Avengers."

"Good choice."

She smiled up at me and then turned her attention to the TV.

We ate the popcorn and drank our beer. They were gone before the halfway mark, and the bowl moved to the coffee table.

It was pleasant just watching the movie. The entire evening had been great. Hellishly confusing at times, highly erotic at times, but fun. Then to end it with a little cuddle and a good movie. I was happy. Happy and tired. The dancing and stimulation had taken a lot from me. I leaned my head back against the couch and nodded off.

I was awoken by a pleasant warm sensation on my lips. My eyes opened, and Emily finished kissing me. "C'mon sleepyhead. Let's get you to bed."

She pulled me to my feet, and I noticed that she had already cleaned up the empties and dishes. The TV was off, and the house was dark other than the nightlight leading up the stairs.

Emily took my hand, and I staggered after her as she led me to my bedroom. She turned down the bed for me, and I slid in. She tucked me in and kissed my lips passionately again.

In my sleepy state, I returned her kiss, before drifting off peacefully to sleep again.