Through Tragedy Comes Love

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

***

I knew I was awake, but I didn't open my eyes. I knew I had a bit of a hangover, my tongue felt like it was sandpaper, and yet, I felt good. Why am I awake? I hadn't felt this good in months. More came to my consciousness. I was warm. I could feel something warm against me in bed. I tightened my arms around the ball of warmth, and it moved, squirming tighter against me, and let out a contented sigh. The squirming also sent a jolt of pleasure through me.

My eyes shot open, and I took in the situation. Sunlight shining on red hair greeted me, and Emily's nubile body was spooned up against me. The blankets were only covering our legs, not even up to our waists. Her nightie had ridden up through the night, and Emily was bare from the chest down. Emily was holding my arm tight to her, and her breast filled my right hand. I tried not to move and looked down. My morning wood had wormed its way out of my boxers and was planted firmly between Emily's thighs.

Shit! Fuck, Fuck Fuck!

I eased my head back down to the pillow trying to find a way out of the situation without waking my sister.

Emily moved again. It felt like she was rocking her hips back and forth. I could feel every millimetre of her movement on my cock. I could also feel her moist warmth oh so close to it.

There's nothing I can do about it; I've just got to move. Hopefully, I can make it to the bathroom before she fully wakes.

My decision made, I attempted to extricate my hand from her grasp.

Emily's hand clamped down on mine. "No. Don't leave," she said, her voice showing no evidence of sleepiness.

"Em?"

She sighed and released my hand. I rolled onto my back and covered myself as she rolled over. She didn't pull her shirt down as she cuddled up to me. She placed her head on my shoulder, draped her leg over mine, and started tracing designs on my bare chest with her hand. She kept her eyes on her hand. I was just as effectively trapped like this, as I was when we were spooning. Though, my hard prick was no longer dangerously close to her mons.

"Em, what happened to my pyjamas?"

She glanced up at me, her face neutral. "I know you don't normally sleep in them, so I helped you take them off when you went to bed."

I nodded. I guess that makes sense. I did have a bit to drink. I don't think I had that much that I couldn't have taken my clothes off, but okay.

"And why are you in bed with me?"

She smiled. "Because you're warm, and it was my celebration, and I wanted to be warm in bed with you."

I couldn't help but smile. Her exuberance and pure honesty breaking through what little defences I had up.

"Emily. What is happening? What happened last night?"

She leaned up and kissed me tentatively. "Well, we went for a lovely dinner. Then you gave me a car. Thank you again by the way. And then we went dancing--"

"Where you proceeded to get me hard and grind on me?"

She smiled and nodded at my interruption. "And then I drove us home--"

"While you teased me some more?"

Her smile widened. "Yes. And then you walked Madison home, and we watched a movie before bed."

"Uh-hu. You know that's not what I mean. Why did you get me hard and tease me? Why did I wake up with my cock between your legs? What's going on Em? These aren't things that should be happening between siblings."

Emily's smile faded. "Chris, I love you. I have always loved you. And I will always love you. But the past few months-- We've been living like a family. Other than the fact that I have my own room, we've been living like a married couple. Chris, we do everything together. I make you your lunches. I take Ava to school. And I love it. I love all of it."

Emily let out a sigh and lowered her head to my shoulder again. "Chris, I know what I want. I want to take our relationship to the next level. I want to show you how much I love you the same way Sarah did. And the same way mom did to dad." She looked back up at me. She stared deep into my eyes, and I stared back into her vivid blue ones.

I could see the honesty and truth of her words. I felt so conflicted. I wanted to love her like that so much. I did love Emily, but she was my sister. I had always had a high sex drive. I matched my Amazon woman, but I had been completely celibate since her passing. I hadn't even taken care of it myself. Now Emily was throwing herself at me, and I hesitated.

"Em, we're siblings," I stated again.

She looked up at me and nodded. "I know that, Chris."

Her hand that had been tracing designs on my chest stopped and slowly started descending my body. I watched it. I knew what she planned, at least I thought I did, and I did nothing to stop her.

She continued to watch my face, and I continued to watch her hand trail down my body.

"Chris, I know what society has deemed acceptable and what it hasn't. I know what society says of us and what we should think and feel toward others. I don't care. Life has taken our family from us. We only have each other. We wouldn't be hurting anyone. Together we can raise Ava. I know I'm not her mother. I know I'm not Sarah, but I would like to be with you. I would like to do my best to fill her role."

Emily's hand traced along my boxers, bypassing my cock and continuing down.

Emily took a deep breath. "Chris, look at me for a moment please."

I tore my eyes away from her hand. She was looking deep into my eyes again.

She grazed my balls through my boxers and the pleasure and surprise shot through me. I peered down again, trying to follow her hand.

"I'm up here Chris," Emily said, with a chuckle.

I pulled my eyes away from her hand, which was hovering on my thigh, just below my junk.

"Chris, would you like me to be your wife?" Emily asked again as she cupped my balls and gave them a gentle squeeze.

I moaned at her ministrations. "Gawd Em. What are you doing to me?"

She smiled. "Something you like apparently. I would like an answer to my question though." She squeezed a little tighter. It was beginning to hurt, but it felt so good at the same time.

I tried to focus my brain. I peered into the vast depths of her eyes. I could see the love there. Looking at her face, I could also see her vulnerability. I still hadn't answered her, and I could see the anger beginning to show through as well.

She began to increase the pressure infinitesimally, but I finally said, "I don't know that I can answer you right now. I'm open to discussing it."

Emily looked disappointed but nodded and eased her grip. She released my testicles and slid her hand up my cock.

I groaned, throwing my head back into my pillow.

"What's the matter, Chris?" Emily asked in a sweet voice.

My breathing was ragged. Between her humping me while we were spooned, playing with my balls, and the fact that I hadn't cum in months, I was keyed up.

"You know what the matter is," I retorted.

She laughed. "I know but it's fun to tease you about it."

Emily lay her head back down on my shoulder and spoke softly into my ear as she rubbed the length of my cock through my boxers torturously slowly, "I know you and Sarah used to screw all the time. I also know because I do the cleaning, laundry, and most of the shopping that you haven't been taking things into your own hands. I love you, and I'm going to help you this once, just 'cause. After this though, I want an answer to my question. I want to be your wife. I want to help you raise Ava. I want us to be a real family. And I want you to get all the perks that go along with it. But I need to know that you want that too. Okay?"

I knew I couldn't answer in this condition. I simply nodded.

"Okay."

With that one word, she slipped her hand inside my boxers and grabbed my iron-hard rod. She worked her hand purposefully up and down my shaft, bringing me closer and closer to release.

I felt it building. I could barely speak, but I managed to strain out, "I'm about to--" And then I exploded. My orgasm started in my balls and radiated out through my body. I went rigid as my muscles clenched in pleasure, and I shot my load everywhere. It was one of the best orgasms I had ever had. I don't know if it was because of my abstinence, how keyed up I was, or the fact that it was my sister who was the cause, but the fact was it was the best.

Emily continued to pump me, slowing her hand once I stopped cumming.

She smiled and wiped the cum off her hand onto my boxers. She looked up at me. I was still breathing hard, but I returned her loving gaze. "Thank you," I said.

She leaned in and kissed me. "You're welcome." She paused, then kissed me again. "Think about what I said. Please?"

I nodded. "I will. I promise."

She nodded once and smiled. "Good. You better get cleaned up before Ava gets up. I'm going to go start breakfast." And with that, she left me and my softening cock alone on the bed.

***

"Mornin' daddy!" Ava said, running for me as I stepped off the last stair. She tackled my leg and held it in a bear hug.

"Morning Angel," I said, picking her up and throwing her into the air. She giggled as I caught her. "Did you have a good sleep?"

Ava nodded with a smile. Then she squirmed to get down. When I set her down, she ran for the living room where the TV was on with her favourite show. Ava plopped down on her little inflatable chair and stared with rapt attention.

"Good morning, Chris. Feel better after that shower?" Emily asked as she plated the food she made. Her tone was as if this were a normal day. Not one in which she had given her brother a morning wake-up hand job.

I nodded, still a stupor. Emily brought the food to the table. The three of us ate, and then I cleaned up the mess when we were done, while Emily got ready for the day.

When I finished my chores, I took a seat in my recliner. Ava climbed up in my lap and continued to watch her program.

Though my eyes may have been on the TV, my mind was elsewhere. My mind was doing as promised and thinking about Emily and her desire to be my wife.

I thought about what she did for me and Ava, and what we did for her. I examined our lives, what we had been doing, had done, and what little we had talked about the future. I came to the inescapable conclusion that Emily was right. Shortly after Sarah and our parents died, Emily, Ava, and I had become a family. Emily and I were proverbial husband and wife. Other than sex and a marriage licence we were a couple.

The only piece of the puzzle that I couldn't figure out was Emily, and why she would want me. I was over fifteen years older than she was. Why wouldn't she want someone closer to her own age? Now that I'd won the lottery, gold-digging could be a possibility, but highly unlikely. She knows that I'd give it all to her if she needed, hell even if she wanted it, I'd likely give it to her.

While I thought, Emily continued with her normal domestic weekend chores. Ava played and climbed in and out of my lap. It wasn't until much later that I was pulled from my reflections.

"C'mon Chris. Dinner's almost ready," Emily announced.

I blinked and looked around. The shadows from the sun were wrong. Had I sat here all day? The realization that my bladder was full confirmed the theory. "I've just got to use the bathroom," I said in response.

When I returned, Ava and Emily were already seated at the table. Emily had cooked us a lovely roast beef dinner, with mashed potatoes and steamed mixed vegetables. It looked and smelled delicious.

We said grace and dug in. Ava was energetic with her eating, and quickly cleared her plate and a second helping.

Emily smiled at her and continued to give me coy smiles. I smiled right back at her. This seemed to please her.

Neither Emily nor I brought up my inactivity today. Normally I would have done some maintenance around the house, mowed the lawn, trimmed the bushes, that kind of thing. Instead, I didn't leave my chair.

Not having eaten lunch, I was quite hungry, and the food was delicious. I wanted to savour it. I ate slowly, and deliberately. Ava became impatient for me to finish and told me so.

"Hurry up daddy! I wanna play," the indignant three-year-old exclaimed.

"Ava don't talk to your father like that," Emily scolded her.

I glanced over at Emily. I kept my face straight because smiling while disciplining a child is never a good thing, but I was smiling on the inside. I think Emily saw my smile though because I saw hers in her eyes.

I turned my gaze on Ava. "Ava?"

"I sorry daddy," Ava said, lowering her head.

She was so cute! "I accept your apology, Ava. And I'll tell you what. Because I am eating so slowly, if you want to get down from the table and play today, that's fine with me--" Ava looked excited and was about to unbuckle herself from her seat. "But-- Emily has to say it's all right."

Ava and I both turned our gaze to Emily, Ava's excited, mine curious.

Emily glanced at me. I couldn't read what emotion or expression crossed her face before she nodded to Ava. "That's fine angel but stay in the living room please. I'll give you a bath later."

"T'ank you!" Ava said, sliding out of her seat, and running for her toys.

"It's thank you," Emily and I said together. We smiled at each other.

I continued to eat, and Emily picked at her plate. She kept glancing at me. I knew what she wanted, but I didn't know if I had an answer for her yet.

We spoke a little about the things we needed to do in the coming week, but for the most part, we finished our meal without meaningful conversation. It was still pleasant though.

When I finally finished, Emily took Ava and bathed her, while I did the dishes, and put away the leftovers. By the time I finished drying the last pot, Emily and a rosy, pink Ava returned to the living room. We put on a kid-appropriate movie and watched it until Ava fell asleep. Once she did, I put her to bed, while Emily picked a movie more suited to adults. We both got changed and meandered back to the living room.

Like the night before, Emily cuddled up under my arm, and snuggled close, pressing her breasts into my side.

This time she picked some sappy rom-com. It was a decent movie, but not likely one I would have picked on my own. But she seemed to be enjoying it, and I enjoyed my time with Emily.

While the movie played, I thought about the differences between Emily and Sarah. Emily was right about one thing if nothing else, she was filling the role of my wife, and yet, she and Sarah were so different. Sarah would chat my ear off about nothing, where Emily wouldn't. She'd talk to me about meaningful and important things. Emily would talk about religion, sex and politics, nuclear fusion, and space travel. It wasn't that Sarah wouldn't talk about those things, but she wouldn't drive the conversation in those directions. I think Sarah's schooling in human resources guided her a little too much.

At the same time, Emily and Sarah were very similar. They both loved playing games, going fishing and camping, hiking, and neither was afraid to get their hands dirty when there was work that needed doing.

I loved both of them. I couldn't not love both of them. But could I love Emily as my wife in all respects? If it ever got out that we were siblings, we could go to prison. Ava would be without anyone to care for her. Emily said we wouldn't be hurting anyone, and we wouldn't unless we got caught. Then we would be hurting Ava.

Emily's hands moving on my chest brought me back up out of the depths of my thoughts. I blinked and looked around. The credits were rolling on the screen.

Emily kissed my cheek. "Go to bed, Chris."

I nodded my head. "That might not be a bad idea. Good night."

Emily didn't say anything as I wandered up the stairs, and into my bedroom. I stripped down to my boxers and climbed under the covers. I could hear Emily climb the stairs and after a brief stop in the bathroom, she came into my room. I didn't say anything, as I watched her cross to the other side of the bed and climb in beside me. She leaned across the bed and kissed me gently on the lips. I loved how warm and soft her lips were.

"Good night, Chris. I love you."

With that, she rolled over away from me and settled in to sleep.

Even with the space between us, I could feel the heat radiating from her body. It was distracting but in a good way. I liked feeling someone in my bed again.

Does it matter that it's my sister? The laws are in place to protect people from family members attacking them. They aren't there to stop two consenting adults. And I do love her.

With the feeling of her warmth beside me, and the thoughts of how much I loved Emily filling my head I drifted off to sleep.

***

3

I woke up in bed alone Sunday morning. After getting ready for the day and heading downstairs, I found a note on the counter saying that Emily had taken Ava for a morning playgroup at the park. A bunch of the moms got together a few times a week so the kids could play. Most often they went to the park up the street.

I sighed in contentment. After a day of hard thinking, working my way through the possibilities, and my feelings, and then the good night sleep beside someone I loved, I was happy. I was confident that I had my decision for Emily.

While they were still gone, I made my way back upstairs to my bedroom. I made my way to my wife's former dresser, now sitting empty on the far side of the room. On top of it was her jewelry box. I lifted the lid and searched through it for the item I sought.

I lifted the diamond ring and smiled. I stuffed it into my pocket, and then went downstairs to wait for the girls to return. While I waited, I completed some of the chores that I neglected to do the day before.

It was close to lunch when I heard the door open, and my girls' happy voices floating to me. Warmth spread through me.

I stood up and headed for the door. Ava, as much an Amazon as her mother, spotted me and charged screaming her war cry "Daddy!"

I scooped her up, and spun her around, before lowering her to the floor on her back where I tickled her mercilessly. Ava's giggles filled the house before I finally relented. Ava got up and hugged me, before running to find her toys.

When I looked up, Emily was leaning against the door smiling at me.

Then I got an evil gleam in my eyes and brought my hands up.

"What-- What are you doing?" Emily asked as I stalked closer to her. "No! No, you don't!" She said, with a smile on her face, bringing her hands up to defend herself from the impending onslaught.

I ignored her pleas and lunged. She tried feebly to defend against my tickles, but her defences failed when my hands reached her ribs. I sought out those ticklish places and it wasn't long before Emily was on the ground gasping for breath from the onslaught of tickles.

Little did I know, I was being flanked in our war of tickles. Ava had spotted her aunt in peril and charged in for the rescue. Ava tickled my feet. One of the few places that I'm ticklish. The unexpected attack made me jump. Ava giggled more, and then both girls were on the offensive. They tickled my feet. I tried to tickle them, but Emily ended up sitting on my chest straddling me.

I tickled Emily, but she just squirmed harder on my chest. Finally, I had to give in and admit defeat.

"I give up. You win! You win!"

The girls let out a cheer, and we all hugged each other close, leaning against the door. We all had rosy cheeks and massive smiles. When the tickle fight was over, Ava ran off again.

Emily leaned her head on my shoulder and looked up at me. I looked down and kissed her.

"Well, you're certainly in a good mood," Emily commented, seemingly content to sit on the floor by the door.

I hugged her close again. "I am in a good mood," I replied. "I have your answer for you."