All Comments on 'Throwin' Pennies in the Bay Pt. 01'

by Candy_Kane54

Sort by:
  • 7 Comments
MaonaighMaonaighabout 4 years ago
Anticipation

A very good illustration of the problems facing the 'outsider' in the military in the past. The final page-and-a-bit were suitably erotic but I thought the building up of the sexual tension between Alex and Virginia was better---it's the thrill of anticipation that works. Another first-rate piece of work, Candy.

BillyslateBillyslateabout 4 years ago
Nice Introduction

I am liking this story quite much, and really anticipating Alex / Virginia Pt. 02. The next few days should be interesting as they will now really need to concentrate on not outing themselves, since giving in to their feelings.

Trusting Candy Kane54 to follow up with more excellent chapters!!!

Definitely A 5*-Star Rated Introduction.

TSreaderTSreaderabout 4 years ago
A marvelous beginning!

It is wonderfully done, I have high hopes for the next chapter! I do hope that you show their fight to make it work! Thank you!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
thank you,,,

First, THANK YOU for your service! A civilian would not know the specifics you detailed so succinctly. Where I was Army (Reserves), though, I'll forgive your oversight in selecting the Air Force - even though advanced weaponry can be so - explosively satisfying ;)

And second, thank you for presenting precisely - but more importantly - eloquently the range of emotions (yes, even conflicting) with having been a commissioned officer (before even don't ask/don't tell) and a lesbian.

Although a bit later than your story (which "feels" autobiographical), I enlisted in 1984 and was commissioned in 1988. While a bright/shiny butter bar, attending Officer Basic at Fort Sam Houston (San Antonio, Texas), I crushed hard for a 1LT (Rebecca or Becky) - I would even say "loved" now but was so hesitant then. We were inseparable (especially on the weekends) and eventually shared our true feelings for one another, but unlike Alex and Virginia, we were too scared of the negatives to act upon those feelings beyond our first and only kiss...

Reading this story returned me to that fall/winter of 1988, along with a flood of memories - most very agreeable but some sad and bittersweet (lost wishes, perhaps). Becky and I kept in touch (remember those pre-Internet days and letter writing) after assignments separated us but eventually drifted apart after her marriage three years later. Regardless, those memories hold a treasured spot in my heart (still), and your story made me grin incessantly throughout, as I recalled them...

So, yes - thank you for your talent and willingness to share it with others, Candy_Kane54 :) Oh, I completely agree about Bookwormmom and need to check out BrokenSpokes (as well as your other works and their developing arc - impressive)!

Candy_Kane54Candy_Kane54about 4 years agoAuthor

To Anonymous - Thank you for your service. Your story touched my heart. I don't think Virginia and Alex would have given in to their feelings if they'd been at a military installation like you and Becky. It was only the fact that they were in the UP far away from any military installation that gave them the freedom to give in to their feelings for each other. I've been back there several times and you really feel away from the world when you're there. As you will see in Pt. 02, when they were back at a military installation, the situation was quite different.

ramblin2020ramblin2020over 3 years ago

Really love the authenticity you bring to the military aspect and how hard it is for anyone different. Great job. I promise I will read everything you write.

monica31970monica31970over 3 years ago
A tour de force

Brilliant. Credible characters and wonderful, slow build. I loved the sense of hesitancy and frisson of fear of discovery. I also loved the lust conquering everything. Beautifully described sex. Masterful, thank you.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userCandy_Kane54@Candy_Kane54
*** IN MEMORIAM *** 13JUN23 - It is with a heavy heart that I inform you that Maonaigh has passed. I hadn't expected it since he had just written me 06JUN23 about his next lesbian story he was working on. Apparently he had been quite sick for some time. His body was failing b...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES