All Comments on 'Tied Up in Knotts Ch. 14'

by Mrsgnomie

Sort by:
  • 26 Comments
1moeannie1moeannieover 3 years ago

I am so wrapped up in this story. Your writing style is great in my opinion. Looking forward to the next chapters.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Hurry

Just make sure you publish quickly. Tomorrow, maybe. Pleeeeeeease!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
It’s about time.....

That Nash gets off his self absorbed ass and realizes what’s good for him. No matter how hard he will try, he will never get this Knott out of his hair ( pun intended)

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Hmm

I swear Penn is such a good guy. And Nash legit made him suffer. Penn was there for him this whole time. I have a love/hate relationship with Nash. I get it, he's suffered but man stubborn much? Loving the pace of the story...at least it's not dragging. I hate stories where we read more about the characters being miserable vs. reading about them being together and enjoying each. Especially with this story, the characters are so great and I would love read their reactions and thoughts when they find out Nash and Penn are together (hopefully lol)

BlowPopJBlowPopJover 3 years ago
Awww

A simple misunderstanding led to a broken heart for Penn. And Penny sounds adorable.

BaladeerBaladeerover 3 years ago
OMG!

Really?

You're killing me! This is like continually watching a cliff hanger season finale; on the edge of your seat and then having to wait for the new season to start to see what happens next.

So good, and so frustrating. I'm a sucker for punishment 'cause I can't wait for more. 😁

bluboynbamabluboynbamaover 3 years ago
Appropriate Title

This truly has me tied up in knots.

ShadowRosieShadowRosieover 3 years ago

I am going to take a wild hair's chance and say let them talk it out and see where it goes.

ShadowRosieShadowRosieover 3 years ago

Do an open ended date. I'm free next Tuesday at 7 if you want us to have dinner and a deep conversation, be here and be ready for home-made spaghetti, bring garlic bread and I'll provide the rest.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Go see him Nash.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Not really getting this.

This story is going in a wrong direction, why should it be Nash’s fault, when Penn didn’t tell him about the baby not being his even when they met beside the road, and he avoided Nash when he picked up his truck, that would’ve been a good time to discuss things.. honestly Nash’s actions make him seem like he’s asking to be a doormat. And you never said anything about the settlement in the divorce.. the story was so good at first, but it’s definitely taken a turn for the worse..

JRSONJRSONover 3 years ago

The feelings, emotions, and hurt this story brings to the surface in me as I read only tell how talented this writer is at entertaining and literally TORTURING us all! Nice job tying up some loose ends, moving the story forward. and explaining at least part of this roller coaster ride from Hell!!

Sadly I am still not happy with this whole situation. But at least I see a tiny glimmer of hope!! The way things currently stand leaves me feeling as empty and broken as Penn must be feeling!

I did not realize how hollow, selfish and self absorbed Nash really is until this chapter! So now I am really upset with him for hurting Penn after everything he has done for him!! Fuck his stupid damn job! And fuck his EGO!! Penn has obviously cleaned up his own personal mess with Cam and offered him everything he needs, he is just to self absorbed and stupid to see past his nose!!!! At this point he does not deserve anyone as selfless and caring as Penn has show himself to be! If Nash is not careful and does not do some serious soul searching he will find himself alone, or worse with another Lee!! The way Nash acts makes me wonder how aloof he was in his marriage! Being in love with someone is not enough if you don't work to take care to keep the relationship healthy and meet the needs of your partner!

Penn deserved much better than Nash gave... even after the huge mistake he made by not telling Nash about the secret pregnancy! It seems that Nash was not really as effected as you would have thought by the time spent with Penn on vacation! Which is mind boggling to me! We hardly heard anything about Nash even having a hard time with things after he left Penn standing in the street, and then his signature move to run away!! Which means his own heart was really not committed to putting energy into making this work! Hope he can get over his fear, and soon! Nash should feel horrible now after knowing all the details Cam shared with him! It should move him to do everything in his power to make things right. Its time for him to at least attempt to help fix Penn, and try to help heal his broken heart! He at least owes him his friendship, maybe even a fucking thank you... and a chance to see where this could go! Guess we will see if Nash cares enough to even try!! I have my doubts that he is even capable! And if he is not he should stay away from Penn, no more contact! No more selfish games! I'm with Penn, I find it offensive and very hard to get the punchline! Maybe he could actually pick up his fucking phone and call Penn! It will absolutely be his loss if he does nothing to make things right!!

Wouldn't it have worked out much better for all involved if these two had grown some balls and been real with there feelings! The time they spent on vacation in Thailand was beautiful, and they could have easily built on that when they got back home! But no.. Selfish Nash only knows how to run from his problems! As Nash has already explained to Cam, it would have probably not worked out anyway, as Nash was far from ready to be involved in another loving relationship! In my mind he is way to selfish and afraid to even open up to such a possibility that he could have it all with Penn! Penn did everything he could to support and show Nash how much he loved him! Even as far as restoring that POS truck for him without even a fucking thank you from Nash!! 😡😡 No doubt that beautiful home Penn has built with his own hands was meant to be a surprise for a very undeserving Nash!! Penn should find someone deserving of having that!! But we all know that is not how love works, especially for two very broken scared and vulnerable men that have both been hurt!!

I hope these two can still find the happiness and love we all seek, but I am not sure them being together is even a good idea anymore, as neither of then need anymore hurt!! Looking forward to seeing how this all plays out! I hope we might get to see Penn show a less passive side, stand up and enlighten Nash as to what an immature selfish little prick he has been! Then maybe we can start getting real here, and have a happy love story!!

MrsgnomieMrsgnomieover 3 years agoAuthor
To JRSON

I think you’ll like the next few chapters.

GoodBiCuriosityGoodBiCuriosityover 3 years ago
Awesome again

Sure hope this continues ...

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Yeah, this chapter lost me a bit

Nash wasn't wrong in the slightest. Whether or not the baby's is his, Penn is still a father, one way or another. That's a shitty thing to spring on the supposed love of your life. And though it was a misunderstanding (mostly!), Penn did absolutely nothing to clear it up, just moped around like he's been doing for the past 15+ years.

Nash may have had a bit of a hot head in his reaction but his assessment of the situation and why this hurt him wasn't at all off the mark. And the way this chapter is framed makes it seem like Nash flew off the handle, like Nash was in the wrong but he didn't keep his soon-to-be-ex-wife's surprise baby a secret.

I know this leads to a happy ending eventually but I'm tired of watching Nash getting kicked while he's down and then having to clean up the mess other people make.

bluboynbamabluboynbamaover 3 years ago
Love IS complicated, messy, maddening...

This is an accurate depiction of how pride, a lack of self-awareness, a lack of communication and self-absorption can ruin the best thing to ever happen to someone. I am living for this, there are no wrong turns here by the writer. We are being taken on an adventure in love and hopefully forgiveness, the question is can we be adult enough to look at it from all angles and enjoy it for what it is? Mrsgnomie you have a fan for life here.

shale1111shale1111over 3 years ago
Kudos!

The absolute best writing of any author I’ve ever read on Lit. And, I’ve been on Lit for over 10 years. Can’t wait for more of this saga.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

I really am enjoying this story, its not just about sex. There is feelings, doubts, hurt and a lot of other things going on. I would like to see them talk and get things straightened out. It is a good romance story between Nash and Penn. And to the anonymous post that said you didn't explain the divorce settlement. You did in the section where Lee talked to Nash on the steps of the courthouse. You did a good job of that without drawing it out and concentrating more on on the current situation between Nash and Penn.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Comment

The author is an expert creating characters that are unable to communicate in order to extend the story. Forgetting the fact that Penn hide information why did Nash fly from the baby shower without giving Penn 2 minutes to explain just because he felt hurted and betrayed? How is that Penn didn't ask Nash why he was so furious? The whole situation is senseless. Are they mature enough to deal with these "missunderstandings"? I liked that Nash worked in the organization even when he was working under this uncomfortable situation. So why then couldn't he stay at the baby shower, show his anger in the civilized way he worked and then fix it. Why hasn't Penn revealed to his brothers his relationship with Nash? Who does travel to the other part of the world to only at home stay silent? I think the human being that faces the cruelty of life is mature and nor Penn or Nash have that maturity.

I do like the stories of this author. It is just that dramas or commedies should stick more to the human condition even if it has a happy ending.

SilentHerbivoreSilentHerbivoreover 3 years ago

Between the three days from the last chapter to this one, I have been carrying a heavy heart because of what seemed to be an apparent betrayal. So much so that I started thinking about how things would play out and I got two things right -- Nash ran away and moved to Portland; and Cam was the one to clear things up and ask the boys to reconnect. I did not predict the baby to not be Penn's.

.

I agree with anon. Nash's assessment of the situation wasn't off the mark. Even I was fooled. It was a baby shower for a baby named PENNY! And Penn was there doting all over Cam's belly and the two even kissed! My mind would have interpreted it the same way.

.

At the sidewalk, I feel like they were a few dialogues away from clearing the misunderstanding. Nash could have dropped the d-word like, "I can't have you while you're busy being a dad." Then all that stuff gets cleared up. A second opportunity even came up when Nash went to Penn's house. But then this meant the story gets dragged out and I get to see more of my boys. But then again it also comes at the cost of a brokenhearted Penn. Oh god, my heart hurts for Penn.

.

From Penn's perspective, Nash just seemed like an asshole for not wanting Penn to be there for Cam, his other best friend, and demanding all attention to himself just so they could make their relationship work. I get why Penn totally gave up and didn't even bother to meet Nash at his house. I can't wait to see how Nash would redeem himself to Penn, especially now that he's moved on and healed from his own heartbreak.

filovebugfilovebugover 3 years ago
I have to agree with Anonymous

I don’t think Nash was in the wrong at all here. He took off without giving Penn a chance to explain at the baby shower, sure, but it made perfect sense that he was so hurt by yet another secret (and a major one!) by a prospective partner that he couldn’t handle the situation. I definitely feel like I’d react the same way as he did to a baby being kept a secret. I also agree with Anonymous that I’m not loving how Nash is being given L after L, it’d be nice for him to have a win a soon.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Loved this story so much

at first, but it jumped the shark long ago. Would it kill these characters to just...talk? I mean, I love a miscommunication, plot twist, or bump in the road as much as anyone, but this character seems to have a pathological aversion to asking questions. Actually, it’s disturbing that Nash is supposed to be a role model for the teens he works with. Costco may be the best place for him.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Nash you are an idiot

NASH YOU ARE AN IDIOT

sm1982sm1982almost 2 years ago

In this very moment: Fuck! Nash!

Any reader who thinks Nash was in the right is as stupid as he is! The very same person you had strong feelings for and told everything to, the one who kept you from deep depression as he and his family never let you have too long to sit in your own shit, is the same one you can’t give the courtesy to explain themselves? How clueless do you have to be to hear a man tell you he only married a woman cuz he was heartbroken over the only man he loved getting married? Only sleeping with her THREE TIMES which you assume the last time successfully got her prego smh Penn wasted a lot of good years waiting on this jackass to realize Lee wasn’t the one. Nash needs to grow tf up and should’ve asked for time while he was in the divorce proceeding and then after it was over instead of having Penn really believe he had a chance with him!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

filovebug and Anon 2 years ago,

Wow you guys sure are not reading the same chapter. Did you even read the confrontation between Nash and Penn?

Nash went all-out with his assumptions and didn't bother getting Penn's explanation about it. He immediately thought it's Penn's baby and just went on and on about it.

His defense on cheating is acceptable but it doesn't justify making crazy assumptions like CuriousAudrey in the previous chapters, and then ghosted Penn even before that confrontation took place.

If you think Nash is on the right, then man, you sure like that life filled with worthless drama that can be avoided.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Also I love how Nash used the excuse of "life and maturity" there, and that is just very ironic considering the situation.

Yes, the idea of starting a relationship very soon after a divorce is not great, but Nash thinking this action as mature is just hilarious. No, the mature way is to go "let's take it slow," not ghosting Penn for a week and thinking "I don't need to know anything about your side of the story."

For someone thinking he's mature and being a guide for teenagers during his Yevo days (let's not forget about the toothpaste talk, and he did exactly the opposite of the message he conveyed there), he sure is not great at thinking rationally. I know it's because of past trauma, but man, this sure is the perfect formula for unneeded drama haha.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userMrsgnomie@Mrsgnomie
Just writing stories a few people want to read.

story TAGS

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES