All Comments on 'Tied Up in Knotts Ch. 16'

by Mrsgnomie

Sort by:
  • 24 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Too slow

And so many interferences. Waiting 3 days for this. I think I will wait until December to read again. Hopefully they make 1 choice.

Btw Nash is an idiot and Penn is immature 🙄

It is so hard to write a story without so many noises?

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
What?

Seriously? Is this the chapter of a whole week? 🤔 so basically these idiots are just wasting time. I tought Penn had made up his mind and still he is here " I love him I hate him I love him I hate him". And if it is true that Nash went for Penn why is he just running and almost begging? If you want something go for it.

The only good thing of this chapter were the last five paragraphs. 🙄

I don't like the way this story is going. I mean in character building. 2 assholes. Don't know who is worst.

I tought that this chapter was about 2 weeks. I get it this is only the first week but what they did in one week was sitting by the pool.

Dont know. Had higher expectations. Maybe a fight or screamings or accusations. Where is the Penn of the previous chapter? And Nash? Where is the Nash that moved to Portland? The Nash I see is a sad guy that knows he did it wrong but that is all.

Well let's wait for the next chapter. Maybe. I hope it improves

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Yes!

Let’s fall in love again, this time as mature adults. Please???

SilentHerbivoreSilentHerbivoreover 3 years ago

Ok, here goes another three days of waiting. The torture never ends.

.

Keep going Nash! I'm rooting for you. Favorite line this chapter: "I will not choose regret, again."

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Ehh

I have no opinion about this chapter. I guess that's my opinion haha. Although I have a feeling the storm coming is Jason. Which if is true, it'll fuel the start of me not caring for this story anymore lol

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
I'm going to say it...

This chapter is worthless.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
And again...

Eh another chapter where nothing happens. It’s been SIXTEEN chapters - can we move this along please?

bluboynbamabluboynbamaover 3 years ago
Tension, buildup and finally release!

I feel like I know where we are going but the buildup is a little maddening but necessary to the narrative. You are dealing with two determined men and ultimately they will get it right but when have we known anyone to do the right thing immediately???!!! Stay tuned folks this storm will be massive and the calm after the storm will be the payoff.

tronderjentatronderjentaover 3 years ago

I really don't get why people need this story to move along quickly - it is very well written and it has a way more realistic approach compared to loadsloadsloads of stories on here. It's different and I'm glad you're keeping it on a slow and steady build like you said you would. After all, new chapters every three days is a LOT to write in a short span of time, and the slow pace means we get to enjoy this story longer. Keep it up!

GoodBiCuriosityGoodBiCuriosityover 3 years ago
Still loving this story even though its not what you normally come here to do ...

I love these soap operas that you write but please don't let this one end in an Wham, bam Thank you Ma'am reconciling sex act and everything is now hunky dory.

I am really hoping for a bigger pay off this time around and perhaps a couple of multiple pay offs, too.

But you are the author and it's up to you what you are going to write.

Can't wait for the next installment.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Please don’t

I swear to god if Jason ends up in Hawaii- and that’s the “storm that’s coming” then it’ll be such a shame. I don’t even think I like the story anymore- much less Penn as a character. He’s been a complete dick and unnecessarily cynical these past few chapters. He also hasn’t taken any responsibility for what happened. You mean to tell me Nash moved away and he never once contacted him to say “hey, I’m not a dad”? Hard to believe. It’s also not Nash’s fault that he was in love with him for so long. At this point, Nash deserves better.

BaladeerBaladeerover 3 years ago
Need more...

The entirety of this store is great. This chapter was frustrating if only because it is standing alone. I'm not a fan of the feels I have since Nash and Penn's "split" but it's real and I appreciate that, too often the drama in a story gets wrapped up quickly and unrealistcally which leaves me wanting.

I disagree with the more negative comments posted and anxiously await more.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

I really liked hearing Penn’s POV and getting to know him more. He’s a great character. Waiting three days to find out what happens next is a bit tortuous because I love this story so much!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

It has been a delight getting to know these complex characters. I can't wait to read more!

JRSONJRSONover 3 years ago
Will we ever get to a happier time in this story?? To much heartbreak and angst for me!!

Compliments to Mrsgnomie for tightening the Knots in our hearts and guts one more time!

Holy Fuck Penn is heartless! Not sure why Nash is even still trying! Then I remembered this segment!

"I was hurt. Not just because I thought you lied to me about Cam but because I loved you. And yeah, maybe it wasn't the same way that you loved me, but I was there," he pressed his finger to his chest, over his heart. "I was there, Penn. You took me there. And then I left. And that's my regret. Maybe it's selfish to want my friend back, maybe it's not even possible, but I will fight for it because right now I have two choices." Nash stood up and put his palms on the table. "I will not choose regret, again."

If this did not move Penn to understand things and soften his heart what ever will?

Good God.. I'm not sure I can actually handle much more of this story! Honestly!! I think its time to take a break for a few weeks after this chapter. A storm is coming??? We have already been experiencing a damn tornado! Haven't we? That actually scares me! And why do I see Jason becoming more a part of this drama with Penn and his desire to even the score and keep intentionally hurting Nash! I'm expecting Jason to be showing up for this vacation any minute now! God knows we need to see Nash get hurt some more! But maybe that is exactly what needs to happen. Penn needs a fucking reality check, and to understand somehow its not easy to un love someone he seems to believe he was in love with for so long! His Love appears to have turned to hate! Its a fine line sometimes! I don't believe Penn even knows what love is! He best think long and hard about his moves with Jason! He is starting to appear no better than Lee and Paul! Nash still has some strict standards he lives by! To bad Penn seems to have lost his! Maybe I was wrong in thinking he ever did! The comment about why he ran with Nash was very telling! He was not being himself but only trying to win Nash over! Even to the point of doing something he did not enjoy! If Penn is not careful here he will put the final nail in the coffin of this relationship! Somehow I doubt Jason can heal and fill the huge hole in his black broken heart! But who knows!!!

Huge secrets kept in any kind of serious relationship can have devastating consequences when they are accidently exposed! Just ask Nash and Lee! And now Nash and Penn! No wonder Nash has been such an insecure self deprecating mess up until now! I hope his determination actually pays off for him at some point! I'm guessing eventually it will, but it better be a BIG payoff after all of this suffering! He must really love Penn, or his guilt is Huge in the role he played in this break up! If Penn can open his heart again, Nash can help him learn how to be real!!

I cannot understand as of yet why Ryan would invite Nash into this sensitive family drama in the first place! Did he think Penn had already told Nash about the secret pregnancy? Or did he think it would be funny to cause Penn more grief! So many questions to be answered! The family interference is for sure causing more problems for these two! And prolonging and keeping a very stubborn Penn from making much progress! Possibly Ryan realizes his mistake and the role he played in basically orchestrating this situation by inviting Nash to the shower! It would explain his continued interference in trying his best to fix this mess! Its time the brothers quit pushing, it might even take some of the fight out of Penn!

I would have much preferred getting some answers to at least some of these questions in this chapter, rather than all of the time spent on the family activities! We already know what the family is about! What I need is to understand all the details that caused this derailment!

On the Ryan note, it is feeling like he and Logan constantly putting Penn in uncomfortable situations with Nash, is certainly not having the desired effect!! They seem to enjoy constantly poking and tormenting Penn! No fucking wonder he wants to sell his beautiful new home and get the hell away from all of them! I know Penn wanted to be sharing that home with Nash at some point. It was built for that purpose to a great extent. To bad he is incapable as of yet, of pulling his head out of his ass and making it happen!

It seems like possibly Nash has managed to put a tiny fracture in the almost impenetrable wall Penn has built around himself! I don't understand, not even a little bit how Penn can feel so justified and entitled to continue to be a totally uncaring, unfeeling Selfish Prick! Penn continuing to play the victim while attempting to even the score with his ongoing bullshit, torturing and intentionally hurting Nash is beyond me! Is Penn still so immature, angry and thick that he cannot see he could have prevented this entire mess by talking to Nash about this secret in Thailand? He single handedly created this whole fucking mess by not realizing how devastating this could be to them both if the secret was revealed in the way that it was! Tender new relationships can be very fragile! Was he to scared that Nash would reject him again if he came clean?

Hope we are getting close to something resembling love and happiness very soon! If not I hope Nash ends this bullshit and finds someone worth having! Penn will never get over this if he does!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

What the hell are these 2 guys are going to do? What will happen?

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

I hope Jason is not the "storm that's coming"

Laura1234Laura1234over 3 years ago
I am greatly enjoying this story !

It’s such a different experience to get it bit by bit than to be able to read it all at once. It does encourage less binge reading which is better for the sleep! But I do remember reading other of Mrs gnomie’s story series well after they had been completed and being so grateful I could go on the the next part right away after a particularly emotionally challenging chapter! But it seems we are over the worst of it- I’m thinking the storm is going to be bursting the boil or whatever you want to call it (lancing the infected wound) that is penn’s hurt. He’s been remarkably reserved and recalcitrant- hopefully he gets a chance to let it out! Let’s hope we’ve seen the worst of it anyway!

WaltMoore33WaltMoore33over 3 years ago
Keep up with the "novella" approach, IMO the longer the better

...when I find a good story/author, the longer the better...

Inline to get lost in the lives of the characters!! But so much the better than the "fuck, fuck, fuck" stories.

I like that Penn was cold & cynical: shows/proves how hurt he was/is. Where there's still hurt, there's still love...????

I also prefer that Nash seems less 'righteous' in these later chapters.

Slightly less a fan of the changing POV approach, but as long as it's not a changing POV with every other paragraph, it's an interesting device to storytelling...IMO.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

These commenters sure are wild, as in very wild on how wrong their assumptions are.

The definition of a "storm." First, lterally shows the weather is going bad in the chapter. Second,I love Jason is immediately the "storn" when Penn and Nash is nowhere close to being a couple again, so even if he appears, only Nash is going to deal with the storm, not Penn.

Third, this is the problem caused by your own doing of ignoring all the side characters and just focusing on "OMG Nash-Penn sex, marriage when." The issue with Penn's family. Penn is starting to stop being passive with his family members pushing him around to get him and Nash closer.

It's always shown with playful banter at the beginning for situations like these, but think about it on Penn's perspective. Dealing with 20+ years of that for roughly a year or less by making it harder for his brothers to do their plans, and then now having even all of the kids to do that annoying shipping when Penn just wants to deal with it his own way is also a great description of "a storm is coming." Not sure when, but it's just predictable that Penn is going to snap from it.

When you read stories, even adult ones, learn to understand all the characters provided in the story. Just because it is hinted who will end up with who, doesn't mean you should blatantly ignore everything else that is happening with other characters in it. Future potential problems are not limited to just the two main leads and the character that allegedly "gets between them."

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Anon 2 years ago,

Good job proving you can't read, and you have just as biased like CuriousAudrey on making hasty assumptions.

Nash tends to run away from his problems, especially with Penn's situation. We're not given the details, but it's just that easy for him to block Penn's number before he texted him after talking with Cam.

Second, you must be deluded as heck if you think Penn is fine after that horrendous break-up. Major assumption, not being listened to, and then ending the 20-year crush with that atrocious ending is enough to make one petty. Unless it's you, I guess. Penn realizes Nash is not perfect, but you are simping so much over Nash that you are fine licking his feet like a dog.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Two other anons 2 years ago thinking this chapter is worthless,

The only thing worthless here is you thinking that they can kiss and make up immediately over that, unless that's how you do relationships and complain about it all the time. Character development is a thing in stories, and your comments just prove that your attention span sucks and you are just incapable of reading properly.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

"Despite knowing him since high school and him knowing me for a few years, we were meeting for the first time.... I never knew him and he never knew me because I was nothing but a boy trying to impress another boy. Now I was a man with nothing to lose and so much to gain."

Powerful lines!! Thank you.

MickyFox0MickyFox08 months ago

I still feel sorry for Jason, I feel as though,he was thrown in , to mix things up. But I see now it's not just feel as though they are entitled to get what they want. Although I can't see why Nash and Penn are falling over each other. I know they've seen each other for years but knowing each other. I have worked with people for years and yet, and not know them.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous