All Comments on 'Tied Up in Knotts Ch. 20'

by Mrsgnomie

Sort by:
  • 25 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Damn you Gnomie!

This was hands down the best story I’ve read on this site. My only ask is that next time you churn out a 20 chapter masterpiece you put a warning at the top. I made the mistake of starting chapter 1 in the evening and just planned on reading a few chapters before bed.... Now it’s 2:30am and I’m on chapter 20. I couldn’t put it down!!

JRSONJRSONover 3 years ago

Beautiful chapter! Much better than even expected. I know I have been critical in my comments at times! Only because I allowed myself to become so emotionally involved in this story! When these guys hurt, I hurt! When they made shit worse by not talking it out, or running away... it really pissed me off! I love these two together, and finally being mature enough to be in love and happy!

I am thrilled that Nash is turning down the job offer, and putting his focus on being with Penn! All the traveling would not have been good for these two. It seems he has actually learned something after all!

So happy Nash finally said those 3 little words! Even though Penn knew already, I think he did anyway, he really needed to finally hear it! I needed to hear it! Most of us need to hear it, some more often that others!

The only part I did not like was the surprise of Jason at the door! Even though I knew it had to happen to get some closure! I did not like at all Penn leaving Nash hanging and wondering for the whole damn day! Kind of a dick move. The old Nash would have probably been gone when Penn got back!

I hope Jason finds someone awesome, and finds love, about a million miles away from these two!! I still think he could become trouble if he wanted to be.

I loved the way Nash handled Lee, he owes that selfish fuck nothing! Good riddance!

It made no sense to me why they are still planning to move away, having to relocate a thriving business may not be that easy! It just makes no sense, unless a fresh clean start someplace new is what they both want and need! Maybe Penn cannot get past the bad memories of being in that new house without Nash! Even though the family can still be a pain, I think the two of them can keep them in there place, and it would be a shame to loose that closeness they share!

Thanks for an amazing story Mrsgnomie! Sorry I was so hard on you at times... But you deserved some of it! 😉 Hope you have something new ready to go soon! You will have a hard time topping this one! But then I thought the same thing about "Still you want me" Colin and Charles OMG!!

I think there is one more chapter to go. RIGHT? I certainly hope so.. I am not ready for this to end quite so quickly, after all the painful, heart wrenching drama! ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Willatron420Willatron420over 3 years ago

Please tell me that there's more!! Lol. I have to know just a little about their future!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Great chapter!

So excited these two are finally getting their HEA! A little turned off by Penn pressuring Noah about the condom but heat of the moment and yada yada. Excited to read the ending on Sunday!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
I am sorry..

that this beautifully written roller-coaster ride of emotions is coming to an end with the last chapter on Sunday. I have counted the days for each chapter to appear. Never disappointed. I hope they stay in Lincoln City and that Nash will find the generosity is spirit in himself to deal with his ex in a more friendly, be it “arms-length” way.

When Nash stated in a previous chapter that he was “too old” to sleep in a bunk room with teenagers, I knew that he had outgrown Yevo as well. He matured throughout this story.

Please send us an alert when the next story appears. I am ready.

MrsgnomieMrsgnomieover 3 years agoAuthor
Authors Comment

Thanks for the feedback. I’m glad everyone is enjoying the chapter. There is only one left! But I do think it will tie a few things together. 3 days!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

So glad to see these two happy together! I can’t wIt for the last chapter! Also, what about a sequel where we see their new life together?

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Too short

And lots of sex

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Better

I like that the guys are finally acting like adults, but seriously who makes plans with there ex or fuck buddy, while trying to have a relationship after what Penn and Nash have gone through to be together. Penn shouldn’t have even asked, he should have canceled plans with Jason or at least insisted Nash go along, and what the fuck he couldn’t miss work for Nash but could to spend the day with Jason, that makes no sense at all..

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Okay..

Glad that they're seeming to end up together as expected...

But I can't help but think, ok they got together, now the story is ending. We basically get 2 chapters of them being happy together...the end. it's the lazy writing for me.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Awesome chapter as always!

Beautifully written chapter Mrs. G. 2 questions: what is the title of the Dermot Kennedy song Nash and Penn danced to in the kitchen?

And is the last chapter Penns POV? Considering how he has felt about Nash since high school and now Nash finally loves him too, it would be nice to hear his thoughts on things moving forward, especially because of how insecure he felt in Hawaii and always thought he would be the 1 that cared more. And hear about his day with Jason, like why he only poked his head outside and immediately showered...

MrsgnomieMrsgnomieover 3 years agoAuthor
Authors Comment

Dermont Kennedy: Power Over Me

The last chapter is Nash’s POV.

I could add more to the conversation or encounter between Penn and Jason but at the end of the day we all know nothing happened. Penn is in love with Nash. Nash might’ve been nervous but he also knew there was nothing to worry about. Jason pressed Penn and Penn said No. it’s always been Nash. That’s it. That’s all there is. Adding more is making something out of nothing (we do get more in the next chapter) and he peeked his head in because he has a gross job and needs to shower after work lol. Septic is not lovey dovey friendly.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Jason?

After all the rooting to get Penn and Nash together, I absolutely hate that Jason is still in the picture. He and Penn had lots of sex - he took Penn’s long-held virginity, and it’s not like these two have many ex-sex partners. There is no way Nash would be ok with him hanging around, and Penn would likely be very uncomfortable as well. I never liked that Jason was introduced and I certainly dislike that he is hanging around now that they are back together and trying to move forward!

Laura1234Laura1234over 3 years ago
Great writing -lots of warm fuzzies

I wanted to bask more in the warm fuzzies by reading the comments (where are you Jason:)!) and then saw people being so critical. I guess what people say makes so es sense - why did he take the day off if he was originally planning to work - but he could just have been discombobulated with nash showing up and knew he couldn’t take three whole days of- ??

Anyway those seem like small quibbles. Sometimes things are done to move the story along - and the characters are great and I’m emotionally invested in the story- so little details like that don’t trip me up

I am curious however what is going on with lee- would actually like to hear what he has to say. And I’d like to see them be friends and acting like adults.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
I’m over this

I really liked Penns character in the beginning of this story, but he turned out to be a real dick, he apparently went off and fucked with Jason, he couldn’t wait to shower away the evidence before he sat down and talked to Nash. Nash deserves better than Penn or Lee in my opinion.. I think he and Ryan would make a great couple.. I wouldn’t have blamed Nash one bit if when Penn came home, he’d be gone and not come back.. I like to forgive when I can but Penns actions are unforgivable in my opinion..

MrsgnomieMrsgnomieover 3 years agoAuthor
Authors Comment

I can definitely understand why you guys are frustrated about Jason so I will share my thoughts on it (and the final chapter does touch a little more on Jason). One commenter said they struggle with Jason because he took Penn's virginity away from Nash. I get it. That feels like such a betrayal. Nash may not have gotten Penn's virginity but he gets so much more! And even though Penn and Jason were just having sex, they were friends. Sure, Penn could've canceled on Jason when he showed up (he did ask Nash if he was okay with this, which Nash said it was fine) but Jason had already made the plans and Nash was the one who showed up out of the blue. But mostly, we have to trust Penn. And Nash has to trust Penn. And yes, if the roles were reverse, Penn probably would've had a big problem with Nash spending the day with Lee. But they aren't the same situation. Nash needed to wrestle with it. He walked away from Penn, Penn found Jason, and Penn has every right to be friends with Jason.

JRSONJRSONover 3 years ago

#2 I love checking back on this story to read the great comments! Were you brave enough to read the comments from 16 & 17 yet Mrsgnomie? Please humor me as I share a few more thoughts on this chapter! I just reread it!!

I find it fascinating to not be the only dedicated reader, that has had uncomfortable and strong feelings about what has happened with Jason since he entered the story! Even though he seems to be what pushed Nash to go for what he wanted again with Penn! Nash claims he was not jealous of Jason! Really? How could he not be? At least a little bit!

The author says it was no big deal when Penn chose to leave Nash to go spend most of the day with his ex Fuck Buddy.. friend!? And that nothing happened! Thankfully! But the reader did not know any of that!! I was not that concerned about Penn straying after finally getting what he has wanted with Nash for such a long time! I was however concerned about the possibility of Jason trying very hard to seduce him into having one last round for old times sake! What would have been the outcome if Penn had a weak moment, and was not strong enough to withstand that kind of temptation? The very best way to not stray or cheat is to not put ourselves in risky tempting situations, especially with people we are obviously attracted to enough to have had plenty of sex with!

With things being so fresh and new and still no formal commitment between Penn and Nash at the point Jason showed up at the door, was it a good idea for Penn to leave Nash hanging all day while he was off with Jason doing God and only knows what?? Nash knew that Jason had stronger feelings for Penn than Penn realized, he told him as much! I guess my point is, the reader did not know what might happen between Penn and Jason being alone together for most the day! Nash was obviously not comfortable with the whole thing! He said as much! Is the friendship going to continue? Because if it does, it will more likely than not be a problem for this new relationship! Only Mrsgnomie knew for sure!

How would Penn have reacted if Nash had given in to Lee and chosen to go have lunch and spend all day with him? It was dangerous, and not at all thoughtful of Penn! Especially to be away as long as he was! There seemed to be confusion as to whether Penn was actually working while Jason just tagged along, or if they were off playing around all day! That being more clear would have made it easier to see why they were gone for the day! The strange part of that is was that not the plan for Nash to go work with him that day?

I had the same feeling as another reader commented! At the point Penn finally made it home, peeked his head out after he found Nash on the deck, realized he was not very happy, then rushed off to the shower, without even a peck on the cheek! I would have questioned that Bigtime! Nash seemed perfectly fine with it, but I'm not sure how! Then we get to hear all the juicy stuff about Lee, details about how it upset Nash, then all the juicy details of Lee's cheating! Then one or two quick sentences about the day with Penn and Jason, and what they did together all day! "You were right! He did have stronger feelings for me" And????? The author knows all the details as the creator of the rollercoaster ride! We as the readers have to try to interpret all of it!! I for one would have appreciated several more chapters after all the angst, heartbreak, and pain, just to fill in all the missing details in the story! Doubt one more chapter will suffice in doing that! Guess we will find that out soon enough! Maybe it will be a very long chapter... That would be awesome!

JRSONJRSONover 3 years ago

#3 Bad timing on my previous comment! #2 comment was just sent off for approval, then I see the latest comment from Mrsgnomie a few minutes later!

I do not agree with the authors feelings or explanation about Penn and Jason being just friends!! Even though she gets to decide these things! It has to be realistic and make sense, or it just does not Fly!!

If Jason and Penn were just friends, that would be one thing, but they obviously became something more than friends with all the Sex they shared! It was made very clear, the chemistry in a previous chapter, that Penn and Jason had a very hard time being around each other without ending up in bed Fucking like rabbits, as we all learned right after the very uncomfortable restaurant scene! Didn't take them much time to end up in bed then... Did it??? But it meant nothing!?? I know things are different now between Penn and Nash, than they were then, but still! Its a recipe for disaster if this friendship continues, and Nash will not be comfortable with these two spending time alone together after Lee!! And he should not have to be!!

Penn certainly has the right to have friends even Jason if that was all they were! How do you just have Sex, and be friends??? Maybe some can... Not me!! In the very least they became Fuck Buddies!! To Jason they were more than that! The sex changes the dynamic of just friends Big Time! I'm sorry the comment from Mrsgnomie that Penn has the right to be friends with Jason does not work for me! Not now after they just got things back on track and are doing so well! It is just not healthy or realistic with the sexual history between Penn and Jason! You expect us to believe Penn's behavior with Jason when he left Nash all day stewing was a healthy or loving thing to do because they are just friends, and Nash needed to wrestle with it because he walked away from Penn! Doesn't work for me, but what do I know!!

MrsgnomieMrsgnomieover 3 years agoAuthor
Authors Comment

You’re right. I read back through and there’s definitely a lack of information. I’m going to re-work that and see what I can do to clear things up. I do think Nash was nervous about Penn being gone but I also think he trusted Penn...but I could’ve been more clear on that. I see the error and I want to create the best reading experience I can.

JRSON: Nope. Haven’t read the comments on 16 or 17 yet. Call me a coward lol. Maybe once the last chapter is finished. We’ll see. On a scale of 1-10, how brutal are the comments?

SilentHerbivoreSilentHerbivoreover 3 years ago

Not a single hint of love for Jason in the comments lol. I was never a fan of him either. But the way I see it, the meeting with Jason needed to happen to allow for a closure between him and Penn. It makes sense to me that Nash would trust Penn in that situation. I didn't think there was anything more to Penn showering immediately after coming home than just him wanting to be clean after a day's work. I guess I trust Penn more than other readers do.

.

I agree with JRSON. I didn't need two lengthy paragraphs of what had happened with Lee. He has been old news for quite a while now. I would have been more interested about Penn's meeting with Jason. I almost wish Jason was given more importance since he's the one who stole Penn's virginity.

.

Agree with anon. I do wish we got to see more of what was going on in Penn's mind as he realized that he wasn't over Nash and that Nash actually reciprocates his feelings. The pining, specially from Penn, was one of the selling points of the story for me. Imagine being in love with someone for almost two decades, and then finally having a chance to be with them, and then lose them, only for them to come back and be the one to chase after you. During Hawaii, a lot of things were definitely going through Penn's mind, and aside from that moment where he confesses to feeling vulnerable for feeling hopeful again, I wish we would have gotten more glimpses to Penn's mind: how he finally came to terms with the feelings he still had for the person who broke his heart.

.

All that said, I am excited to see how Mrs. Gnomie closes this story.

WaltMoore33WaltMoore33over 3 years ago
Sometimes characters are just tools...

...in more ways than one?

IMO, the Jason character was a tool/device that the writer used at allow Penn to 'develop' sexual maturity apart from Nash - bringing them back together more as sexual equals? Additionally, the Jason character was a tool to demonstrate to the reader that Nash had developed the emotional maturity to trust both Penn and himself (his own instincts?). Prove the trust he had in Penn and that he wasn't going to 'flee' the relationship that was now being built on a solid foundation?

Also, Jason was a way to create a bit of conflict - or the tool/device used to provide the conflict. What else could the writer have used than a minor 'fuck-buddy' kind of relationship to stand between Penn & Nash? Anything else might have seemed petty to the reader: Jason was an easy tool to write in and out of the story.

As a (bad/new/amature) writer, I've found that coming up with the outline of a story-line or idea is the easy part, while making the story feel real or complete or believable is much harder because you need to maintain conflict of some kind to hold the reader's interest. Because, "They met, fell in love, had a lot of sweaty sex, and lived happily ever after." Is boring to read about and never happens in 'real' life.

Lastly, maybe other comments are accurate: maybe Penn did lose a bit of grittiness? But I have no doubt that the writer had confidence in using the Jason character the way he did: the entire story-line was founded on Penn's life-long infatuation with Nash. Jason was always just a distraction for Penn.

SilentHerbivoreSilentHerbivoreover 3 years ago

@Mrsgnomie. Re: How brutal are the comments?

I would say about half and half. Half of the comments are complaining about the pacing of the story and character development. The other half appreciate the pacing of the story and character development. 😁 But both mean you got people invested and I think that's a good takeaway.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
This chapter didn’t make sense

I agree with jRSON, Nash was supposed to shadow Penn at work, how could Penn leave him hanging, no doubt Nash has trust issues after Lees cheating, Penn should have been aware of that. He should have have cancelled on Jason, or at least asked Nash to join them.. and if I recall correctly when Nash asked what he and Jason had planned they were going to hang out and have lunch, doesn’t sound like work to me.. wonder what kind of tantrum Penn would of had if he’d surprised Nash with a visit and Nash said sorry I’m spending the day with Lee, whom I’ve fucked repeatedly and were having lunch? Nobody’s as trusting as you’ve made Nash out to be, when an ex is involved, Zpenn should’ve known better, he’s 40 years old not a teenager..

sm1982sm1982almost 2 years ago

I freggin knew Jason was on the other side of the door! I don’t care how cool and “chill” someone can appear, they are a sore loser and petty enough to show up even after it’s made known they aren’t wanted! You never play it cool with someone you’re truly diggin!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

As much hatred there is on Jason, and as I stated before, I acn't exactly hate or love him. There's just too little information given on Jason since Penn's perspective is nowhere after that point in Hawaii.

A bit more on their talk as they hung out would clear a lot more, or just a bit of a switch of perspective in this chapter before or after Nash met Lee?

In the end, I can't be hasty like sm1982 and other commenters on assuming whatever Jason's intention is, since I can't confirm my theories on either he has a crush on Penn, or he considers Penn as a true friend and his way of treating him right is a bit similar to Ryan and Logan, albeit as a friend of sorts. If Ryan and the rest of Penn's family goes a bit too crazy on pushing Nash and Penn, maybe Jason is supposed to act the same, but the opposite on that with the "Yeah, I think you need to think things a bit more before trying to work things out with Nash again."

Jason just never did anything particularly antagonistic. The only things he did so far is being invited to that golf meeting, wanting to accompany Penn to deal with Nash's reappearance, participate in that awful game in Hawaii through a phone call without knowing if Penn is fine about it, then this. It's just not a lot to work on.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous